乔纳森「糖脚」墨菲特 鼓手
我说「如果杰克逊兄弟需要鼓手」
I said, “If The Jacksons ever need a drummer
介绍介绍你城里的这位朋友吧
“let them know your friend is in town.”
有位名叫詹姆斯麦克菲尔德的键盘手
The guy’s name is James McField, keyboard player
让我去试演了
who got me the audition.
蒂托抱着吉他说
And Tito said, he had his arm on his guitar and he said
我们来演奏《抖动你的身体》吧
“Let’s play Shake Your Body Down.”
他就这么一副表情 说「知道那首歌♥吗」
Like this kinda look he said, “You know that one?”
然后我就开始演奏
So I start playing the beat.
我们看着彼此
And they’re looking at each other
杰克逊兄弟相互耳语着
the Jackson brothers are whispering in each other’s ears.
他就这么看着 我就像「噢不 我搞砸了」
And he’s looking, and I’m like saying, “Oh, no. I’m blowing it.”
因为这个节拍非常难掌控
Because that beat is very tricky.
你得知道何时如何交叉手臂掌握准确的时机
You have to know when and how to cross your arms to make the times happen
总是很错综复杂
the intricate hi-hat happen
还得毫无遗漏地继续保持节拍
and keep the beat going without losing any of the elements.
然后兰迪说「没人能演奏出这个节拍」
And then Randy said, “Nobody can play that beat.
那是三个部分的叠加录音
“That was a three-part overdub.”
我说「真的 我还以为是一次录成的」
And I said, “Really? I thought the guy played it at one time.”
他对于我能演奏出来 表示非常惊讶 惊喜
And he was shocked and amazed I could play it.
他说鼓手就是你了
And he said, “You’re our drummer.”
汤姆汤姆84进行管乐编曲
We had Tom Tom 84 doing the horn arrangements
他是位来自芝加哥的管乐编曲
who is a horn arranger out of Chicago
地风火乐队的作品就出自他之手
who did all the Earth, Wind & Fire’s.
然后我们让地风火的管乐手也参与进来
And then we got Earth, Wind & Fire horn players to come in
演奏…
and play…
管乐手很喜欢这种乐曲
Horn players love that lick.
很不协调 而且还会引发紧张感 我没法接受这种音乐
It’s as dissonant and tension-provoking a verse…
鲍比科洛比 制♥作♥人 音乐人
我就感觉「搞什么鬼」
Musically… I’m like, “What’s going on?
连接呢 独奏呢 我们什么时侯…
“Where is the bridge? Where’s the solo? When do we…”
我只是习惯了其他形式的音乐
I’m just used to other form.
史诗唱片真的是完全没有兴趣
Epic’s really not interested in them at all.
那时他们就表示「天呐 这个绝对不能放进去」
At this point, it was like, “God, we gotta put this out.”
帕里斯伊雷 史诗唱片 R&B推广总监 1974年-1984年
帕里斯伊雷打给我
I get a call from Paris Eley.
他是R&B部门的推广总监
He’s head of promotion for the R&B department.
他说「嘿」
And he says, “Hey, man.
《抖动你的身体》很热门
“Shake Your Body’s a hit.”
杰克逊兄弟 美国音乐台 1979年2月10日
我想先给大家看看整张专辑 然后让大家看看内部
I wanna show you first of all the album and then show you the inside.
我来介绍一下 从左到右分别是兰迪 蒂托
If I may, and from left to right, they are Randy and Tito
杰基 马龙和迈克尔 他们是杰克逊兄弟
and Jackie and Marlon and Michael and they are The Jacksons.
那时大家终于可以把迈克尔杰克逊当做一名成年人来看待
That enabled people to see Michael Jackson finally as an adult.
威尔丁怀特 「地风火」乐队贝斯手
因为这是音乐的《ABC》已经是很久之前的了
Because it was musical, it was a long way from ABC
《我要你回来》也很久远
and I Want You Back.
《彻底抖动你的身体》小样中有一个瞬间
There’s a moment in the demo of Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
让我清楚地知道 他们已经着眼于更大的奖项
which clearly let me know that they had their eyes on the bigger prize.
当时是1978年 那年最畅销的专辑是《周未夜狂热》
It’s 1978 and the biggest selling album of all time is Saturday Night Fever.
有一瞬间你能听到杰基的一句背景音 说道
And there’s a moment that you can hear Jackie in the background say
我等不及想让比吉斯乐队听听这首歌♥了
“I can’t wait till the Bee Gees hear this shit.”
我想让比吉斯乐队听听这首歌♥
I want the Bee Gees to hear this shit.
杰克逊兄弟「凯♥旋♥」巡演 加州英格伍德洛杉矶广场 1981年9月26日
所有人
Everybody!
一起来
Everybody!
我们写到「制♥作♥人:杰克逊兄弟」
We wrote, “Produced by The Jacksons.”
所有歌♥都是杰克逊兄弟写的
“All songs written by The Jacksons.”
在英国的一个白人孩子 米克杰克逊
Well, Mick Jackson, a white kid that lived in England
写了《怪罪摇摆乐》
wrote Blame It On the Boogie.
我没骗人 他也姓杰克逊
I didn’t lie. His name is Jackson.
《怪罪摇摆乐》 导演:彼得康恩
迈克尔开唱
So, Michael starts singing.
他丢下耳机 冲出录音棚
He throws the headphones down and bolts out of the studio.
我问技师「他是收到什么反馈了吗」
I turn to the engineer. “Did he get feedback?”
他说「没有」
He goes, “No, nothing.”
我到楼外面看到 他在跳舞
I go out to the hall, he’s dancing.
真是难以置信 他在旋转
It was unbelievable, he’s spinning around.
他说「抱歉 先生 我没有办法静静地站着唱这一段」
He goes, “I’m sorry, sir. I can’t stand still and sing that section.
我得跳出来
“I gotta get this out.”
他看过詹姆斯布朗 尼古拉斯兄弟和萨米戴维斯
He’d watched James Brown, The Nicholas Brothers and Sammy Davis.
他只看一次别人跳舞 比如弗雷德阿斯泰尔 等等
He’d see somebody dance one time, like Fred Astaire, some of the other stars
就能完全跳出来…
and he can do exactly what they…
很容易就学会了
Easy to catch on.
我曾经每天都在舞台侧面看杰基威尔逊表演
Jackie Wilson, which I used to watch on the wings every day at the stage
杰基威尔逊《暄闹庆祝》 KABC电视台 1965年6月26日
我们曾经在帝王剧院每天表演六场
we would play at the Regal Theater. Six shows a day.
在业余时间进行表演
We would come on amateur hour.
噢 天呐
Oh, my gosh.
我会就那么看着他
I would just watch him
还有我同样很喜欢的小萨米戴维斯
and Sammy Davis, Jr.,is another one of my favorites.
看小萨米戴维斯准没错
You can’t go wrong watching Sammy Davis, Jr.
是啊
Yeah.
看着他 突然就能看见一些小闪光…
To watch him, and suddenly see little flashes…
我会这么夸自已
Flatteringly I say this about myself.
我的一些闪光…
Little flashes of me there and go…
但他进行了扩展 进行了改变 上色
But he’s extended it. He’s changed it, he’s colored it
使其成为了自己的
till it becomes his own.
他让我认识了弗雷德阿斯泰尔还有这些电影
He introduced me to Fred Astaire and all these movies.
我之前都不知道这些人是谁
I had no idea who the hell these people were prior to that.
他扩展了我的视野 让我看到一个充满灵感的全新世界
And he just opened up my eyes to a whole other world of inspiration.
我想让你们知道 我录下了你的所有电影
I just wanna let you know I have all your films on tape
我一直都在看 我想问你们一个问题
and I watch them all the time. And I wanna ask you one question.
弗雷特阿斯泰尔如是描述迈克尔杰克逊 本世纪最伟大的舞者
你们怎么能在天花板上行走呢
How do you do that thing when you walk on the ceiling
还能跳舞…
and you dance…
真的 我想知道是怎么做到的
Really, I wanna know how did that work?
《皇家婚礼》(1951年) 导演:斯坦利多南
房♥间和摄像机都倒转过来了
The whole room and the camera turned.
-都转过来了 -是的
-So they both turned, right? -Yes.
迈克尔杰克逊和尼古拉斯兄弟 杰克逊综艺秀 1977年2月23日
迈克尔的舞蹈很有能量 他跳起舞来就像一条电鳗
Michael’s dance is based on energy and he moves like an electric eel.
吉恩凯利 舞者 / 演员 / 导演 1989年
电这个形容词很适合他
I think the adjective “electric” is good for him.
他被充满了能量 同时也有充足的内在感受
He’s charged with energy, but he has the good inner sense
无论是源自哪里 他的大脑还是哪儿
or wherever it comes from, his brain or wherever
收放迅速自如
to just take it down and then up again, quickly
好的舞者都能自然而然地做到
which good dancers naturally have.
我在二战后出道之前我参加过海军
I came out after the war, after I was in the navy
《翠风艳曲》(1945年) 导演:乔治西德尼
《锦绣云裳》(1948年) 导演:诺曼陶洛格
我想跳普通人的舞蹈
and I wanted to dance the common man.
I didn’t want to dance in white tie or a tuxedo and dressed up.
不想系着白领结 穿着燕尾服 打扮得好好地去跳舞
我想卷起袖子穿着牛仔裤和T恤跳舞
I wanted to roll up my sleeves, and wear jeans and t-shirts.
最方便拿来当舞鞋的是平底鞋
The nearest thing I could get to dancing shoes were loafers
穿着白袜子 卷起牛仔裤的边
and the white socks and the rolled-up jeans.
他跳的舞蹈就是街头的 和我一样 我相信这点
And he’s dancing from the streets, like I was. I believe that.
我那时还是个青少年 随着慢慢长大 我开始明白
I was a teenager, and I was getting older. I started to really understand
罗西培瑞兹 演员 / 舞者 / 编舞
舞蹈的力量
the power of dance.
他旋转 瞬间停下 带着某种力量指向哪里
The way he could spin, stop on a dime and point with such intensity
就是舞蹈的力量
that’s the power I’m talking about.
我对一些动作进行完善时
When I perfect a certain amount of moves
有种简约之美 可以卸下其他
there is beauty in simplicity, in really stripping things down
我从他身上学到这一点
and I learned that from him.
他对我的方方面面都产生了影响
He impacted everything for me, absolutely.
影响了我的比赛
He impacted my game on the court
让我成为了当下的我影响了我的学习方式
he impacted me now, to this day, and how I learn.
看着他 就好像看着从未见过的事物
Watching him was like something I’d never seen before.
米思提科普兰德 美国芭蕾舞团领舞
充满着魔力和创造力
It was something that was magical, that was creative
似乎是我可以去模仿的
that seemed like something that I could mimic.
在我开始跳古典芭蕾前 我就是这么爱上跳舞的
That’s how I found my love for dance before I found classical ballet.
我问过他「兄弟你是怎么练习的」
I used to ask him, I said, “Man, how much do you practice?”
他说「我会跳到跳不动为止」
He said, “You know, I would dance until I can’t dance no more.”
我说「什么意思」
I said, “What do you mean?”
他说「我会跳到我的腹… 身体不能动为止」
He said, “I dance till my legs… I physically could not move.”
法提玛罗宾森 《铭记那一刻》编舞
有很多人并没有这种动力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!