…for United Northfield Culcitate Internal Research Memorandum 229.
第229号♥
1991年6月19日
June 19th, 1991.
结论
“Conclusion:
寒冷地区的小农庄
The unanticipated market growth for Culcitate…
对除草强意外的需求成长
…by small farms in colder climates demands immediate cost-benefit analysis.”
需要立即的成本利润分♥析♥
需要一点法律意见吗?
Would you guys like a little bit of legal advice?
别让科学家在同一个句子裡
Never let a scientist use the words “unanticipated”…
同时用“意外” 和“立即”这两个词
…and “immediate” in the same sentence.
好吗?
Okay? Okay.
内部研究指出小规模…
“In-house field studies have indicated…
…that small short-season farms dependent on well water for human consumption…
短期耕作的农家
其饮水所倚赖的井水
己受毒性污染累积浓度危害
…are at risk for toxic particulate concentrations at levels…
…significant enough to cause serious human tissue damage.”
足以引起严重人类组织损害
兜这麽大一圈就是说
Well, this is a long way of saying that…
消费者可以坐在家裡等死
…you don’t even have to leave your house to be killed by our product.
我们直接把毒药从水管送到你家
We’ll pipe it into your kitchen sink.
-除草强有极佳的市场优势 -把电♥话♥稿我
– ” Culcitate’s great market advantage… – Give me the phone.
它无色无味,也不会沉淀
…that it is tasteless, colorless and does not precipitate…
有可能隐藏并强化
…has the potential to mask and intensify…
可能的暴露危险
…these potentially lethal exposures.”
我真爱这点
Now, I love this.
这产品不只是讚
Not only is this a great product…
还是个超级的癌症制♥造♥剂
…it is a superb cancer delivery system.
除草强的化学成份变更
“Chemical modifications of the Culcitate product…
加上化学检测分子
…the addition of a detector molecule, such as an odorant or colorant…
例如气味或染料
其制程将需要彻底的改变 这些成本,可能会很庞大
…would require a top-down redesign of the Culcitate manufacturing process.
These costs, while assumed to be significant…
目前尚未确定
…were not summarized here. ”
稍微翻译一下的意思就是
Which, loosely translated, means:
变更制程会耗费钜资
“It’s going to cost a fortune to go back on this, and I’m just an asshole in a lab…
我只是实验室裡的阿三
哪个高♥官♥来做个决定好吗?
…so could someone else please make the decision?”
显然,这些内部研究文件的流出
” Clearly, the release of these internal research documents…
…would compromise the effective marketing of Culcitate…
可能会影响除草强的销♥售♥
必须以北方的商业机密为由
…and must be kept within the protective confines…
来加以保护隐藏
…of United-Northfield’s trade secret language.”
这不用我解释了吧
You don’t need me to tell you what that means.
再见
Goodbye.
看来我应该…
– It seemed to warrant my coming to– – Yes.
你得阻止这一切
You have to contain this.
阻止?
– Contain? – Right.

那是我的问题
Well, that’s my question.
我们有什麽选择?
What are the…? What’s the option that we’re looking at?
连同那些字句
Along those lines.
你是说那些文件和资料?
You’re talking about the paper, the data? I don’t…
我在想是不是有别的选择
Well, I’m wondering if there is some other option.
某个我没想到的选择?
I mean something I’m not thinking of?
我们只接收明确的指令
We deal in absolutes.
好,我明白,真的
Okay. I understand that. I do.
那些资料、文件,我不是律师
The material, the papers, I’m not a lawyer. We try, we do what we can.
我们只能尽力而为
别的方法呢?
Well, the other way?
有别的方法吧
Is the other way.
也许你该请示唐恩
– Maybe you wanna bring Don in on this. – No.
这跟他无关,他很忙
This is nothing to do with Don. He’s busy. This is nothing to do with Don.
这跟唐恩无关
你想可行吗?
Do you think it’s doable?
我们是有主意,你下令就行动
Yeah. We have some good ideas. You say move, we move.
若这主意不好,就再评估一下
If the ideas don’t look so good, we back off, reassess…

Okay.
你是说“好,你明白”
Is that, “Okay, you understand,” or “Okay, proceed”?
还是“好,动手吧”?
你一岁?两岁?
Are you 1? Are you 2? Are you 3?
三岁?四岁?五岁?六岁?
Are you 4? Are you 5? Are you 6?
七岁?八岁?九岁?
– Are you 7? Are you 8? Are you 9? – Come on.
快啊、快、快一点
Come, come on. Come on, I said. Hey!
快一点
Come on.
爸,许愿吧
Go on, Dad, make a wish.
要是愿望成真,我就活不久了
If I get what I wish for, it’ll kill me.
你真是个疯子,不可思议
You’re a maniac. Unbelievable.
艾迪,帮我一下吧?
Give me a hand, Eddie, huh?
好耶,艾迪
All right, Eddie.
Now, I did not make this myself and I don’t wanna hear any complaints.
Happy birthday.
你有时间吃蛋糕吧?
You have time for cake?
有,我会带一块走
Yeah, yeah. I’ll take one to go.
你要上班?
You going in?
我己经迟到了
– I’m late already. – Shit.
真是的
你们不是两个一起走吧?
You’re not both running out?
我有事要处裡
I got a situation.
你不能留下?
– You can’t hang? – You’re going in.
你也要上班
对,我是要执勤
– Yeah. I got a shift. – So do I.
我也是
Come on, man. You haven’t been up here in months.
拜託,你好几个月没来了
你要现在回去,亨利就留下来
If you go back now, Mickey, Henry’s staying here.
好,你可以载他回家
Good. You can drive him home.
再待一个小时吧
Just stay for an hour.
姐♥妹♥们♥筹办了这一切
The girls did all this stuff.
过一小时他就睡了
He’ll be asleep by then.
提米打过电♥话♥稿我
Timmy’s been calling me.
他很怕跟你说话
He’s afraid to talk to you.
他是该怕
He should be.
事情结束的不大好看,对吧?
– It closed out bad, right? – Is that what he told you?
他是这麽跟你说的?
他的小孩都吓坏了
The kids are freaking out.
他老婆的家人也吓坏了
The in-laws are freaking out.
潘妮哭的天昏地暗
Pammy can’t stop crying long enough to start freaking out.
他让他回去了
– She took him back. – So what? Fuck her and the kids?
那又怎样?去他和他的孩子
去他的提米,事情还没了结
No. Fuck Timmy. And nothing’s closed, okay?
我能卖♥♥的都卖♥♥了,但还是不够
I sold everything and we’re still short. So don’t talk about Pammy and the kids.
别跟我谈潘妮和他的孩子
我忙著筹钱还债
I got my hands full.
要是你的话,他早就死定了
If it was you, he’d be in traction.
他生病了,好吗?
Yeah, he’s sick, all right?
他病了,都是生病的关係
– He’s sick. It’s a sickness. – There’s a fresh perspective.
这观点还真新鲜
我最近看到很多人旧瘾复发
I’ve seen a lot of people falling off the wagon lately. It’s going around.
很多人都这样
你是在指责我吗?
Is that pointed at me?
我根本见不到你,我怎麽知道?
When do I see you? How do I know what you’re up to?
我己经一年多没赌了
I haven’t bet on a game in over a year.
我己经十个月没打牌了
I haven’t been in a card room in 10 months.
我拿酒吧跟提米赌,他赢了
I gambled on the bar. I bet on Timmy and he wiped me out.
这是我最大的一场豪赌
That was my big play, all right?
我的老本全没了,我破产了
I put up my walk-away money and it’s gone and I’m scrambling.
好吧
Okay. Okay.
冷静点,我明白
Cool down. I hear you.
是我也会很火大
I’d be pissed off too.
再待一个小时吧
Just hang for an hour.
-好吗? -好
– Okay? – Yeah.
预备?
Ready? And, lift.

准备前进
Ready and go.

Wipe.
快点动手
You better hit it.
搞定
We’re good.
Okay, I found it. That’s his number.
我找到了,这是他的号♥码
穆伦医师,试试你的运气吧
Dr. Mullien. See if you have any more luck.
我有机会就会打
If I can. As soon as I get a chance.
社会局在耍我们,我可以…
It’s Medicaid. They’re running us in circles. I can pull the file–
放他走吧,他还有约会
Let him go, Steph. He’s got a date.
我跟一个疯狂律师有约
I’ve got a date with a maniac attorney.
休息一个晚上吧
– Take a night off, Mickey. – You look tired.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!