华盛顿谷中♥央♥高中
…in 1977.
1980年毕业于圣约翰大学
Graduates St. John’s University, 1980. Fordham Law, ’82.
82年毕业于法学院
83到86年
’82 through ’86, he’s ADA with the Queens district attorney’s office.
他曾任皇后区助理检察官
在1986年,他加入了
1986, he’s with the Joint Manhattan-Queens…
组织犯罪联合打击小组
…Organized Crime Task Force.
之后在1990年
And then in 1990, he starts at Kenner, Bach & Ledeen.
他进入肯纳巴♥赫♥列顿事务所
他是合伙人吗?
So he’s a partner?
不是,他列名为特殊顾问
No. He’s listed as special counsel.
专精遗嘱和信託事务
Says he specializes in wills and trusts.
从刑事案件跳到遗嘱和信託?
He goes from criminal prosecution to wills and trusts?
他待了17年,却不是合伙人?
He’s been there 17 years, he’s not a partner?
他们派这个人来?这傢伙是谁?
This is the guy they send? Who is this guy?
– Hi. – Close the door.
关门
好吧,你们都不知道他会来?
All right. So nobody, none of you, had any idea he was coming?
来密尔瓦基?就为了证词?
To Milwaukee? For a deposition?
我们以为这案子在谈和解
We thought there was a settlement. There’s been some rumors.
我们以为他跟那有关
好吧,这很单纯
Okay. Look, it’s very simple. Arthur has a chemical imbalance.
亚瑟的情绪不平衡
他应该要按时服药
He’s supposed to be taking his medication. He’s fallen behind on that.
但他却忘了
他现在吃药了,三四天就会好
He’s on the mend. He’ll be fine in three or four days.
我想把话说清楚
Now, I wanna make this crystal clear. What happened here stays in this room.
这裡发生的事绝不能传出去
This is not a piece of information you wanna be out in front of.
这种消息你们绝不会想洩漏出去
谁有疑问,现在就说
Anybody has a problem with that, I need to know right now.
好吧
All right.
我们会在这裡过夜
We’re stuck here overnight.
可以的话,我明天就带他回去
I’m gonna take him home tomorrow if I can.
谁负责证词的时间表?
Who’s in charge of the deposition schedule?

– I am. – Where do we stand with that?
目前的进度如何?
暂停了,我们不知道该怎麽做
I guess it’s on hold. We didn’t know what to do.
继续进行,按计画继续做下去
Nothing is on hold. Keep doing what you were.
对方有意见再说,他手提箱呢?
Other side wants to talk, they can call New York.
– I need his briefcase. – Arthur’s? I don’t– I didn’t see it.
亚瑟的?我没看到
他说就放房♥间裡
– He said it was in the room. – It might be the stuff Jody grabbed.
可能是裘迪拿走的
找到它
Find it.
所以这些人开始做一些梦
So all these people, they all start having these dreams, okay?
你知道什麽是“灵境追寻”吧?
You know what a vision quest is? You know, for, like, Navajos and stuff?
拿佛和族之类的原住民都有的
我想我知道,那就像…
Yeah. I think so. Like a…
就像一个特别的梦
Like a special dream.
只不过这是一整群人作相同的梦
Except this is like a whole bunch of people having the same dream.
他们都作一个梦
They’re all having this dream that they should go to this one place.
告诉他们该去这个地方
他们不知道原因
They don’t know why or anything.
他们只觉得自己一定要去那裡
They just have this feeling that they have to go there.
他们己得到召唤
That they’ve been summoned.
这章就说这些
That’s the chapter.
说真的,它叫“召唤征服”
Seriously, that’s what it’s called: “Summons to Conquest.”
那就是标题
That’s the title.
是啊,不过他们知道吗?
Yeah, but do they know? Do they know they’re all having the same dream?
他们知道他们都作相同的梦?
不知,就是这样才酷啊
No. That’s what’s so cool.
他们都以为只有自己作梦
They all think it’s just them.
以为自己要发疯了
That maybe they’re, like, going crazy or something, so they don’t wanna admit it.
所以他们都不想承认
对,可是他们没有发疯吧?
Yeah, but they’re not crazy, are they?
没,那是真的,真的发生的事
No. It’s real. It’s really happening.
对,是真的,对吧?
Yeah, it is happening, isn’t it?
某件比他们更重要的事
Something larger than themselves and they’re not ready, are they…
而他们还没准备好,他们…
…to hear it?
相信吗?
相信,之后就会明白
Yeah. But later they will.
若你想看书,我就不多说
So if you’re gonna read it, I don’t wanna spoil it.
你在干嘛?你在跟谁说话?
What are you doing? Who you talking to?
我打稿我爸,是他朋友接的
I called my dad. It’s a friend of his.
谁?
– Who? – Mr. Edens. You don’t know him.
艾顿先生,你不认识他
喂?
– Hello? Hello? – Henry, it’s after 11.
亨利,己经过11点了
我得挂了
I gotta get off now.
不,等等,那本书
No. Wait, wait. The book. I need the book. The title.
我需要那本书,书名
书名叫“疆域与征服”
The book is Realm and Conquest.
“疆域与征服”
Realm and Conquest.
这是第一集,红色封皮
– It’s Book One, with the red cover. – Henry, give me the phone.
亨利,把电♥话♥稿我
我得挂了,跟我爸说我打来过
I gotta go. Tell my dad I called. Okay?
好、好,谢谢、谢了
Yeah. Yeah. Thank– Thank– Thank– Thank you, Henry, thank you.
谢谢你,亨利
“疆域与征服”谢谢你
Realm and Conquest. Thank you.
凯伦?我是麦克柯雷顿
Karen? Hi, I’m Michael Clayton.
你迟到了
– You’re late. – I know.
我知道
I’m sorry, it was more complicated than we thought.
抱歉,事情有点複杂
他人呢?5点半就到了
Where is he? We’ve been here since 5:30.
他睡著了
– He’s asleep. – Well, wake him up.
那就叫醒他
不可能,我们才刚稿他吃镇静剂
That’s not gonna happen. We just got him sedated.
一等他继续接受治疗
Once he gets back on his regular medication…
一切就只是时间的问题了
…then it’s just a matter of time.
你看过录影带没?
– Have you seen the video? The tape? – I heard about it.
我听说了
之后发生的事更糟
What happened after is worse.
这是在停车场
This is in the parking lot, okay? People running for their cars.
人们吓的衝到自己车上
他全身上下只穿了一双袜子
He’s there in his socks, nothing else.
对不起,真的很对不起
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I will not sit with this sickness any longer.
我无法再参与这恶行了
我无法再帮助这恶行了
I cannot aid this sickness any longer.”
这是什麽意思?
What does this mean?
我不确定
I’m not sure.
你整晚陪著他,他说了什麽?
You’ve been with him the whole evening. What’s he saying?
他脑筋不大清楚
He wasn’t really making much sense.
这完全令人无法接受
This is totally unacceptable.
这是值三十亿美金的集体诉讼案
This is a 3-billion-dollar class-action lawsuit.
我一大早却得打稿董事会
In the morning, I have to call my board.
我得告诉他们
I have to tell them that the architect of our entire defense has been arrested…
我们辩方的操盘手在大风雪中
因为在停车场追著原告裸奔
…for running naked in a snowstorm, chasing the plaintiffs through a parking lot.
而被逮捕了
我明白
I understand.
他是什麽病?
What sickness is he talking about?
我不知道,任何可能都有
– I don’t know. It could be anything. – Well, give me one.
稿我一个名字
冻伤
Frostbite.
你觉得这很好笑吗?
You think this is funny?
听著,他老婆生病,去年过世了
Look, his wife was sick and she died last year.
他女儿不跟他说话
His daughter doesn’t talk to him. He’s all alone. All he does is your case.
他很孤单,他全力在忙你的案子
他忘了吃药,他搞砸了,就这样
He skipped his pills. He had a bad day. That’s it.
而你知道这个问题?
And you’re somehow the authority on this?
他上次发作是八年前,我在场
His last episode was eight years ago. I was there.
我送他回家,看著他好起来
I helped bring him home. I watched him get better. That’s it.
拜託,你请这个人
Come on, Karen, you didn’t hire this guy because of his low-key regularity…
不是因为他个性温和严谨
而是因为他冷酷无情
…you hired him because he’s a killer, because he’s brilliant…
因为他聪明
也因为他够疯狂又耐操
…because he’s crazy enough to grind away on this case…
投入一个案子六年,没有休假
– …for six years without a break. – We pay for his time.
我们有付钱
我以为你想要听解释
I thought you wanted an explanation.
早上我会亲自联络马帝巴♥赫♥
In the morning, I’m calling Marty Bach.
不过你己经猜到了,谢谢你
But, then, you know that. Thank you, Michael.
他大部分时间很安静
He was mostly just quiet.
15分锺前我拿药稿他吃了
I heard him moving around, I gave him a pill 15 minutes ago.
他吃了?
– He took it? – A deal’s a deal, right?
我们说好的,对吧?
干的好,艾思顿
A super job, Elston.
听著,要是你到纽约
You get to New York, you need tickets to the game or anything, you let me know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!