Make a bid.
你是说你没有7万5?
Are you telling me you don’t have the 75 thousand?
手头上是没有
Just lying around, no.
你我都知道我该去找你兄弟
We both know it’s your brother I should be talking to.
算了吧
Forget that.
麦克,你想负责,那是你的事
Michael, look, you wanna front this, that’s up to you.
但要等债都清了,提米才能脱身
But Timmy’s name stays in the book till we’re clear.
要是我知道他人在哪裡
If I know where he is, I don’t have to keep asking.
我就不会一直问你
他在北部,他老婆原谅他了
He’s upstate. His wife took him back. I don’t know where he is.
我也不知道他在哪裡
他一定有什麽可以抵债
He’s gotta have something.
有,他老婆带著两个孩子
He’s got the two kids with her.
他有珍妮佛,他搞上的女药头
He’s got Jennifer, the coke-dealing waitress that he knocked up.
他还从我妹车♥库♥偷了四个轮胎
He’s got four Michelin radials that he stole from my sister’s garage.
说个价钱吧
Make an offer.
我以前有个酗酒的老婆
I had a wife who was a drunk. She was a beautiful girl, young girl.
他原本是个年轻美丽的女孩
可是过那种生活?
But live like that? Even they do a program– She did, I think, once, two years.
就算戒酒…他戒过一两年
接著还是会继续喝,算了吧
And then they slip? Forget it.
这就像在身上绑炸♥弹♥一样
It’s like you’re strapped to a bomb.
我有多少时间?
What’s my timeframe here?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我不认为那会是问题
I didn’t think it’d be a problem.
我会去问问
I’ll ask.
麦克
– Hey, Michael. – Morning, Carl.
早,卡尔
我不知道你要我使多少力
I don’t know. Del, I don’t know how hard you want me to press here.
Let me know how brave he wants to be.
你得让我知道他想要多勇敢
我不确定他现在能有多勇敢
Well, I’m not sure how brave he can be right now.
我们要等月底才能确认消息
We just got a confirmation hearing scheduled.
他有可能知道吗?
Any chance she knows that?
事情有上报
Well, it was in the paper. Who knows? Maybe she got someone to read it to her.
谁知道呢,也许有人会跟他说
他昨天打稿他老婆,打到他家
She called his wife yesterday. She’s calling his house.
这简直是场恶梦
This is a total nightmare.
我猜他打算要公♥寓♥
Well, my guess is she’s gonna want the condo.
拜託,这太扯了吧
Come on, that’s insane.
我还能说什麽?
Well, what can I tell you? Don’t piss off a motivated stripper.
别惹毛想捞钱的脱衣舞孃
这太瞎了
It’s just unbelievable.
好吧,找出他的底线回报稿我
All right. Well, find out his pain threshold and get back to me.
不然你叫他直接跟我联络
Or you can tell him to call me directly.
好,我知道了,我来处理
All right, I hear you. Let me get into it.
谢了
Thanks.
Hey, where are we with Marty?
马帝约好没?
我留了话
We left word.
等等,这孩子多大了?
Hold on. Go back. How old is the kid?
他不是孩子,他22岁了
He’s not a kid. He’s 22.
这是在迈阿密?
– This is Miami? – Nope. Key Biscayne.
不,是在比斯肯
他们己经逮捕他了
And they charged him.
过失伤人,我的客户…
Reckless endangerment. My client…
我想他们真正想要的
I think really what they want, they want a reality check on the attorney down there.
是想确认那律师的名声
– Yeah. – Wayne said you have some connections?
韦恩说你在那裡有人脉
有,让我拿隻笔
– Yeah, let me get a pen. – Thank you.
谢谢
要是他直接联络移♥民♥局就完了
Now, if she calls the INS directly, she’s gonna get nowhere.
预约面谈也不行?
Even with the appointment?
那裡谁都能去,跟监理所一样
It’s retail, Evan. It’s like the DMV over there.
除非接到指令,否则别轻举妄动
Unless they get a call from a district supervisor, then nobody moves.
你的人能帮忙吗?
But your guy can do that?
他是前任行政长官
He’s a former commissioner.
不会扯到我吧?这对谁都没好处
None of this comes back to me? Because that doesn’t do any good.
不会,由我来出面
No, look, I’m gonna be the one that’s asking.
你稍候一下
– Can you hang on a minute? – Yeah, sure.
没问题
我们要被整併了吗?
Are we merging?
马帝巴♥赫♥人在伦敦
Marty Bach’s in London.
先说在亚特兰大,然后是办公室
They said he was in Atlanta, then Lara said he was in the building.
所以我打上去,我知道你想见他
So I called back. I know you want this meeting.
现在他说了实话,他人在伦敦
Now she tells me the truth. He’s really in London.
我们要被整併了?大家都在传
So are we merging? I mean, that’s what everyone’s saying.
那些英国人?这次是真的了
All these Brits? That this time it’s for real.
我怎麽可能知道
Like I would know.
我不知道
I don’t know.
就算被併,也不会影响我们吧?
But even if we are, I mean, even if they merged, it wouldn’t affect us, right?
你的电♥话♥在响了
Your phone’s ringing.
伊凡?
Evan?
Hey. Okay, here’s what I’ll do.
我打算这麽做
我跟他联络,约定下週会面
Let me give him a call and set up a meeting for next week.
我会带他去,介绍他们认识
I’ll walk her in, I’ll make the introduction…
目前北方公♥司♥有七万名员工
At the moment, U/North currently has 70,000 employees…
遍及全世界62国
…in 62 countries around the world.
遍及全球
Around the planet.
营运遍及全球62国
Operating in 62 countries around the planet.
营运遍及全球六十馀国
At work in more than 60 countries around the globe.
我们目前有…我们有
We have– We have, right now– We have–
目前北方公♥司♥有七万五千名员工
At U/North right now, we’ve got 75,000 employees…
营运遍及全球六十馀国
…in over 60 countries around the planet.
是一间成功且多角化经营的公♥司♥
We are a very successful and highly diversified company…
所以你可以想像
…so you can imagine…
我们要处理的法律问题根本是
…the volume and the variety of legal issues we have to deal with is–
多不胜数
Overwhelming.
简直是多如牛毛
It’s just enormous.
所以你可以想像这些法律问题
So you can imagine, the volume of legal issues…
数量相当庞大
It’s quite substantial.
主掌法律顾问室,我的职责
And as general counsel, what I do…
我们内部部会的职责
…what our in-house department does…
就是要分♥析♥问题或机会的层面
…is to analyze the dimension of the problem or the opportunity…
决定由谁来负责
…to determine the jurisdiction…
并且将案件外包
…and to outsource our business…
稿最能稿予我们协助的事务所
…to those firms and talents that we think can help us the most.
在这麽多的压力和工作之下
So with all that pressure and workload…
你如何取得工作和生活的平衡?
…how do you keep a balance between work and life?
平衡?
Balance?
我想那是某样…
I think that’s… That’s something that…
你找了一辈子的东西,不是吗?
…you search for your whole life, isn’t it?
平衡是会改变的
It’s a shifting balance, really.
你知道的,你试著…
It’s, you know, you… You try to…
当你乐在工作的时候
When you really are enjoying what it is you do…
谁还需要平衡?
…who needs balance?
那就是你的平衡所在
There’s your balance. There’s your balance.
当你乐在工作
When you’re really enjoying what it is you do, there is your balance.
那就是你的平衡所在
当唐恩请我接下…
When Don asked me to take–
当唐恩杰佛瑞雇用我时
When Don Jeffries brought– Don Jeffries brought me–
当他12年前雇用我时
Don Jeffries brought me in here 12 years ago…
他信任我、教导我
…trusted me, mentored me.
欢迎我家入北方这个大家庭
Welcomed me into the U/North family.
当他高升进入董事会时
And when he moved up to the boardroom, I never really…
我从未想过
…dreamt that I would have the opportunity to move into his position.
我会有机会接掌他的职位
不过,这不是颇具挑战性吗?
But, is it challenging? Yes.
是的
我想在头几个月
And I think that it’s possible that those first few months were a little shaky.
是可能会有点紧张
后来我明白我早己有充足准备
But then you realize that you’ve been taught to be ready, and you take the helm.
就接掌了一切
因为如果你对这阶层的责任
Because if you’re not comfortable with that level of responsibility…
无法胜任的话
你就来错地方了
…you’re in the wrong place.
这是你的部门
It’s your department, your capacity to make tough decisions in real time, and–
你得快速的作出困难的决策
我们正在接受访问
We’re in the middle of an interview.
他说有急事
They said it was urgent.
天哪
Jesus.
我的老天