My point was that the common image of divorce and decadent behavior…
我的意思是,通常人们认为离婚和颓废行为…
being prevalent among New York social types…
在纽约很普遍…
is not really accurate.
这并不准确
That’s more Southampton.
那更南安普敦
Okay, Cynthia, let’s cha-cha-cha.
好,辛西娅,我们来跳恰恰恰吧
It’s completely ridiculous.
那很可笑
Oh, now, the cha-cha is no more ridiculous than life itself.
哦,现在,恰恰并没有生活本身更可笑
I don’t know how to do it. You must have learned it in dancing school.
我不会跳 你在舞蹈学校一定学过
Cynthia was a dancing school dropout. I’ve got it.
辛西娅在舞蹈学校没毕业 我知道了
Cha-cha-cha
恰恰恰
Ah, the cha-cha.
啊,恰恰
I don’t think it’s possible to forget the cha-cha. I think you’re blocking it out.
我不认为一个人会忘记怎么跳恰恰,我想你已经记起来了
J Cha-cha, cha-cha-cha Cha-cha, cha-cha-cha J
恰恰,恰恰恰,恰恰,恰恰恰
J Cha-cha, cha-cha-cha J
恰恰,恰恰恰
J Cha-cha, cha-cha-cha Cha-cha, cha-cha-cha J
恰恰,恰恰恰,恰恰,恰恰恰
Tom! Audrey! J Cha-cha-cha J
汤姆!奥德丽!恰恰恰
Tom! Audrey! J Cha-cha-cha.
汤姆!奥德丽!恰恰恰
I love this.
我喜欢这个
J Cha-cha-cha
恰恰恰
Oh! J Cha-cha-cha J
噢!恰恰恰
Bob! J Cha-cha-cha JJ Bob!
鲍勃!恰恰恰,鲍勃!
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
What are you doing here in the dark? I was just getting a glass of water.
你一个人在黑暗中做什么? 我只是来接杯水
Oh.

It’s gone awfully late. Yes.
很晚了 是的
What time do after-parties end?
聚会什么时候结束?
There’s no set time.
没有设定时间
They usually end whenever people go…
通常是人都走了就结束了…
or whenever the parents get up.
或者是等萨利的父母都起床了就结束
Although the last time I was here, over Thanksgiving…
即使到最后我还在这里,祈祷结束…
Sally’s parents asked us to stay for breakfast.
萨利父母还会邀请我们一起吃早饭
That’s amazing.
真让人惊讶
No one stayed except Nick. Really?
除了尼克,谁也不会留下 真的?
He likes everyone’s parents.
他喜欢所有人的父母
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone’s parents, except Serena’s.
我想我不会见任何人的父母,除了塞丽娜的
I once had quite a long talk with her father.
我和她父亲做过一次长谈
What’s the situation between you and Serena now?
你和塞丽娜的事你打算怎么办?
There is none.
我和她不再有任何关系了
When did you stop seeing each other? Yale game weekend.
你打算什么时候和她摊牌? 耶鲁周末活动的时候
Dawn in the big city.
大城市的黎明
There are eight million stories out there.
那里有八百万个故事在上演
Give our apologies to them. Oh, it’s not necessary.
代我们向你的父母道歉 哦,不用
No, I think it is. Good night.
不,要的,晚安
Good night. Good night, darling.
晚安 晚安,亲爱的
Good night. Thank you.
晚安 谢谢
Oh, you’re welcome. Thanks a lot.
哦,不客气 非常非常感谢
You’re welcome. We’ll see you tonight? No.
不客气,晚上见? 不了
You should come. Hope’s a friend of ours. You won’t be coming to any more dances?
你应该来的,我们希望交你这个朋友 你不打算再来跳舞了?
No. Oh, well, that’s a shame.
不 哦,哇,真丢脸
It was nice meeting you. Thank you. It was nice to meet you.
能见到你真高兴 谢谢,能见到你真高兴
Ciao, Sally. Ciao! Ciao!
回见,萨利,回见! 回见!
Good luck with your Fourierism. Thank you.
祝你和你的傅立叶主义好运 谢谢
Unless we get a Checker, we’re gonna have to take two cabs.
我们要叫两辆出租车
Don’t worry about me. I’m gonna walk. Really? But it’s terribly cold.
别担心,我步行回去 真的?但是现在很冷
I prefer to walk. You’ll freeze dressed like that.
我喜欢步行 你穿的那么少会被冻僵的
This is actually very warm. It has a lining.
实际上这件衣服很保暖,有衬里的
Goodbye. Ciao, Tom. Byebye, Tom.
再见,汤姆 再见,汤姆
Good night. Bye.
晚安 再见
Where are we headed?
去哪里?
He’s gonna freeze dressed like that in weather like this.
他在这样的天气里穿成那样会冻坏的
Driver, follow that pedestrian.
司机,跟着那个步行的人
Hey, fella! We have a Checker. Can we give you a lift?
嘿,伙计! 载你一段怎么样?
No, thanks. You sure?
不,谢了 确定?
Yep. Thanks anyway.
对,总之谢谢了
He’s getting a crosstown bus.
他去做穿城的公交车了
That explains it.
说明了…
A Westsider is amongst us.
他是西区人
There is a real escort shortage.
他是个护花使者
It’s no joke.
不是开玩笑的
What was your impression of him? He seemed nice. I didn’t talk to him much.
你对他的印象如何? 他似乎很好,我们不怎么交流
Mom, I don’t want to seem rude. I know I got up very late.
妈妈,我不想表现得粗鲁,我知道我起床晚了
But I’m having what, for me, is breakfast…
但是我正在吃早饭…
and I really don’t want to think about returning my tuxedo right now.
我真的不想马上去还我租的的晚礼服
It’s just that I think it’s getting too late… Mom, get off my back!
我想的也正是,太晚了… 妈妈,别再说的!
It’s nearly 6:00. They’re going to close.
快六点了,快关门了
Jesus!
神啊!
If I have to pay for another day…
如果多付一天的话…
Was it already closed?
关门了吗?
How much extra will it cost?
还要额外交多少?
Twenty-five dollars.
二十五美元
I’m sorry about what I said earlier. Not at all.
我很抱歉说时间还早 没关系
A girl called. Her number’s by the kitchen phone.
有个女孩来电♥话♥,她的电♥话♥号♥码在厨房♥的电♥话♥旁边
She said it was a bit urgent.
她说事情很急
I know it’s very late, but we had trouble getting your number.
我知道现在很晚了,但是还要麻烦你
Basically, we’d all be going together, although officially you’d be Audrey’s escort.
基本上,虽然我们很般配,但是你要做奥德丽的舞伴
Who? Audrey Rouget.
谁? 奥德丽·鲁杰特
The party should be of some sociological interest.
这是一个关于社会学的聚会
Peter Duchin, the Plaza ballroom, et cetera.
皮特督陈,广场,舞厅什么的
You think you’ll be able to come? Um …
你能来吗? 嗯
Well, actually, there’s a bit of an escort shortage.
实际上,我们缺一个护花使者
Hi, Rick.
嗨!瑞克
What a mystery. Rick Von Sloneker and Serena Slocum, still together.
真神秘啊,瑞克·冯·斯隆尼克和塞丽娜·斯洛克姆还在一起
Seems like months. It has been months.
好像几个月了 是已经几个月了
Well, one thing’s for certain… she’s lost her virginity by now.
嗯,有一点是肯定的…她已经失去童贞了
How can you say that? You’re right. Maybe she wasn’t a virgin.
你怎么能那么说? 你说的对,也许在那之前就不是处♥女♥了
Riffraff. He’s hardly that.
人♥渣♥ 他不是
Oh, you mean because of his title. We’re supposed to be impressed by that.
哦,你的意思是说因为他有头衔,我们也应该期望有一个
On the contrary, I think the titled aristocracy are the scum of the Earth.
在这个国家,我认为有头衔的贵族是地球上的败类
By Tolstoy, War and Peace…
托尔斯泰,《战争与和平》…
and byJane Austen, Persuasion and Mansfield Park.
还有,简·奥斯汀《劝导》和《曼斯菲尔德庄园》
Mansfield Park? You’ve got to be kidding.
《曼斯菲尔德庄园》?你一定是在开玩笑
No. But it’s a notoriously bad book.
没有 但那是本声名狼藉的坏书
Even Lionel Trilling, one of her greatest admirers, thought that.
甚至利奥内尔·特里林,她的最大的崇拜者,也这么认为
Well, if Lionel Trilling thought that, he’s an idiot.
如果奥内尔·特里林这么认为的话,他就是个白♥痴♥
The whole story revolves around, what…
整个故事都在重复,什么…
the immorality of a group of young people putting on a play.
一群没有道德的年轻人在做无聊的游戏
In the context of the novel it makes perfect sense.
小说的文字,很有意味
But the context of the novel, and nearly everything Jane Austen wrote…
但是这种文字和几乎所有简·奥斯汀写的东西…
is near ridiculous from today’s perspective.
用今天的观点看都是荒谬可笑的
Has it ever occurred to you that today, looked at from Jane Austen’s perspective…
那你是否尝试过,用简·奥斯汀的观点来看现在…
would look even worse?
是否看起来更糟?
You must be freezing dressed in that.
你穿成那样会冻坏的
It has a lining. What kind of lining is it?
衣服有衬里 什么样的衬里?
You gonna wear a raincoat all winter?
你要整个冬天都穿一件雨衣外套吗?
Princeton’s south of here. I guess it’s a lot warmer.
普林斯顿在这的南边,我想那里一定比这里温暖的多
No, I just didn’t know where to get a good overcoat.
不,我只是不知道到哪里去买♥♥一件好外套
Uh, Brooks,J. Press, Tripler…
喔,Brooks,J-Press,Tripler…
Actually, I haven’t had time to buy one.
实际上,我没有时间去
I’m not sure I wanna go back to Princeton next year. It’s too much of a country club for me.
我不确定我明年是否回普林斯顿,对我来说那里就像个乡村俱乐部
You really shouldn’t treat Serena that way.
你真的不应该那样对待塞丽娜
What? Giving her the silent treatment.
什么? 对她不理不睬
I’m not giving her the silent treatment. Come on.
我没有对她不理不睬 算了
I’m not giving her the silent treatment. I just don’t have anything to say to her.
我没有对她不理不睬,我只是和她没有什么要说的
Listen, I know you’re angry with her. You’re probably right to be.
听着,我知道你对她很生气,你也有理由这样
But it’s still not right to treat her that way. I think Serena really feels hurt by it.
但是你这样对待她是不对的,我想塞丽娜会感觉很伤心
Oh, give me a break!
哦,等等!
Serena Slocum, a real feeling?
塞丽娜·斯洛克姆,伤心?
Serena’s basically a good person.
塞丽娜是个好人
She has feelings like anybody else. I find that very hard to believe.
她对所有的人都很友善 真难以置信
All this is… is pretty deceptive.
所有这些…是个骗局

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!