我全都搞错了
I read it all wrong.
你觉得你要遭殃了?
Do you think you’ve had it?
什么?
What?
什么?
What?
你觉得你要遭殃了?
Do you think you’ve had it?
该死的收音机!
Bloody radio!
世野井说了一句奇怪的话
Yonoi said something strange.
他说:”我对你的朋友很失望.”
He said:”I’m disappointed in your friend.”
他们这是怎么了 劳伦斯?
What is wrong with them, Lawrence?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他们是一个焦虑的民族
They were a nation of anxious people.
作为个人的时候他们什么事也做不了
And they could do nothing individually.
所以他们选择疯狂 集体疯狂
So they went mad, en masse.
天啊 我只希望他们别再打我了
God I wish they’d stop hitting me.
我不想去恨任何一个 作为个体的日本人
I don’t want to hate any individual Japanese.
你的教名是什么?
What is your given name?
约翰..约翰 劳伦斯.
John.John Lawrence.
晚安约翰·劳伦斯
Good night, John Lawrence.
你怎么了约翰?
John.What’s up John?
我做梦了
I was dreaming.
我梦见了一个女人
I was dreaming about this woman.
上帝啊 听起来好像她把你甩了
Christ, sounds like she cut it off.
我只见过她两次
DefaultI only met he twice
我只见过她两次
I met her only twice.
就在新加坡失守之前
Just before the fall of Singapore.
街道上人头攒动
The streets were just packed with people.
每个人都想逃出去 大家都疯了
Everybody was trying to get out.They’d all gone mad.
旅馆挤满了人 每个人都在尖叫
The hotels were packed.Everybody was screaming.
然后我看见了这个女人
And there was this woman,
她..和其他人不一样 真的
who was different from..all the rest, really.
她看起来并不害怕
She didn’t seem to be frightened.
我很害怕
I was frightened.
我们谈论这场战争她一直都在说
We talked about the war and she kept saying..
“告诉我真♥相♥是什么?我想知道真♥相♥ ”
“What’s the truth?I want to know the truth.”
蠢得要命的问题 真蠢
Bloody silly question, really.
无论如何 我们约好次日上午共进早餐
We arranged to have breakfast together the next morning.
你相信么?我被紧急派走了
And would you believe it? I was whipped off.
进攻已经开始 日本人登陆了.
The attack had started.Japanese landed.
总之几天后我再回到旅馆时
Anyway I got back to the hotel a few days later..
你相信么?
and would you believe it?
她还在那里
She was still there.
她就站在我离开她时她站着的位置上
She was standing in exactly the same place that I’d left her.
仿佛我走之后她就没有移♥动♥过
It was as if she hadn’t move since I walked away.
就像我只是到街对面买♥♥了一包香烟回来
Like I’d run across the street for a packet of cigaretes.
我不想再谈这件事了 就这样吧
I don’t think I want to talk about this anymore really.
杰克你还醒着吗
Jack are you there?
是的差不多
Yes I suppose so.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
往事一轮又一轮
The past, again and again.
你害我也开始怀旧了约翰
You’ve got me at it now, John.
她是谁?轮到你告解了
Who is she? Your turn in the confessional.
恐怕我没有多少值得一说的罗曼史
I’ve not had many romantic interludes of great importance.
我所经历的是一场背叛
My experience lies in the field of betrayal.
骑啊骑骑上一整天
Ride, ride through the day
在月光下骑行
Ride through the moonlight
骑啊骑骑上一整夜
Ride, ride through the night
因为在遥远的地方有一堆篝火
For far in the distance Burns the fire
在为久候之人燃烧
For someone who Was waited long
杰克! – 你哪来的时间写这些歌♥?
Jack. – How do you find the time to compose these songs?
你在学校的时候
While you’re at school.
引导我们上帝,引导我们
Lead us Heavently Father,Lead us
越过世上暴风骤雨的海洋
O’er the world’s Tempestuous sea
守护我们, 守护我们,养育我们
Guard us, guide us, Keep us, feed us
您是我们唯一的依靠
For we have no help But Thee
接受所有的祝福如果我们尊上帝为父
Yet possessing every blessing, If our God our Father be
听!他们唱跑调了整整两个音!
Listen! They’re a two full notes off!
救世主请宽恕我们
Savior, breathe forgiveness O’er us
您了解我们所有的脆弱
All our weakness Thou dost know
他们冲着我来的 – 为什么?
They’re after me.- But why?
记得上个礼拜天的事吗?我嘲笑了他们
Remember last Sunday? i laughed at them
我当时也笑了! – 他们冲我来的
I laughed too! – they came after me
他们讨厌我!他们喜欢你
They hate me!They like you.
别担心我不会让他们碰你的 直接回家去
I won’t let them touch you.Go on home.
不管出了什么事都不要回头看!明白吗?
Don’t look back no matter what! Understand?
照我说的做!
Do what I told you!
勇敢点
Be brave.
嘿 小罗锅!
Hey, hunchback!
别挡路!
Get out of the way!
别跑!
Don’t run!
好吧! 你自找的!
All right! You asked for it!
住手!你们在干什么?!
What an earth do you think you’re doing!
你还好吧?
Are you all right?
你叫来了牧师!你干嘛一定要插手?
You brought the pastor!Why did you have to interfere?
我叫你回家去!你为什么不照我说的做?
Why didn’t you go home like I said?
对不起 – 不 你是故意的
I’m sorry. – No, you’re not.
别哭了
Stop crying.
你也讨厌我了!
You hate me, too!
开学的时候我弟弟吓得魂都掉了
My brother was scared out of his skin when the time came for him to go to school.
我当时六年级既是班长 又是宿舍楼长
I was in the sixth form, top of my class and head of my house.
即使如此我弟弟也终日惶恐不安
Even so my brother lived every day in absolute terror
生怕被人揭穿
of being revealed.
明天的入学仪式有没请假的?
Tomorrow’s the initiation.Any exemptions?
有个心脏衰弱的 但他有医生证明
One got a weak heart. But he’s got a doctor’s certificate.
我宿舍有个蝙蝠一样瞎的 连尿都撒不直
I’ve got on who’s blind as a bat.He can’t even pee straight.
你有个弟弟在你那楼里是吧?- 是的
You’ve got a young brother in your house haven’t you? – Yes I have.
他怎么样?- 什么怎么样?
What about him?- Well, what about him?
我只是在想他是不是..- 他完全没问题.
I was merely wondering if he was..- He’s perfectly all right.
如果没有原因 为什么要你弟弟请假呢?
If there’s any reason why you’d want your brother excused..
你真是好心 可是没有原因 真的
It’s awfully decent of you, but there’s no reason.
我知道我弟弟在等我
I knew my brother was waiting for me.
但我想到全校都会把目光盯在他的背上
But I couldn’t conscience the thought of the whole school stting eyes on his back.
就受不了
It would reflect on me..
这会影响我 我不接受我的完美性受影响
and anything related to me was not of the best.
我请自然老师让我在课后留下来
I asked the science master to let me stay after class..
为第二天的试验做准备
to make preparations for the experiments the next day.
他为什么生得那么美丽?
Why was he born so beautiful?
究竟为什么要把他生下来?
Why was he born at all?
他对任何人都没用
He’s no bloody use to anyone
他真是他妈的一点用都没有
He’s no bloody use at all.
行了伙计们
Come on chaps!
你会什么?- 我听说他会唱歌♥
What can you do?- I hear he can sing.
他还多才多艺的是吧?
Oh he’s one of those, is he?
快唱!
Come on sing!
唱 唱 唱
Sing, Sing, Sing
骑啊骑骑上一整天
Ride, ride through the day
骑啊骑骑上一整夜
Ride, ride through the night
因为在遥远的地方有一堆篝火
For far in the distance Burns the fire
在为久候之人燃烧
For someone who Has waited along
杰克,救我!
Jack, help me!
今天过得怎么样?
So how did it go today?
你是说你没看到?
You mean you didn’t see?
没有 我整个下午都在科学实验室
No. I was in the science laboratory all afternoon.
我得完成自然老师交代的任务
I had to finish a job for the science master.
我明白了
I see.
我弟弟再也没有唱过一个音符..再也没有
My brother never sang another note.. ever.
他自然而然地接管了父亲的农场
He took over our father’s farm in due course.
我最后一次见到他是在他的婚礼上
The last time I saw him was at his wedding.
许多年过去了我成了一个你不妨说
Over the years, I became, you might say..
一个饱受折磨的人
a haunted person.
我真的很想再见他一面 但我没有
I really wanted to see him again.I never did.