心爱的…
Sweetheart…
你再也不能潜水了
you’re never gonna dive again.
目前你所该做的是…
And what you gotta do now…
我也帮不上忙
I can’t help you with.
可是当你能离开的时候…
But when you’re ready to leave…
如果你能答应我…
and if you can promise me…
永远不再喝酒的话…
that you’ll never take another drink again,
我会在那辆车里等你
I’ll be waiting for you in that car over there.
如果你做不到…
But if you can’t…
那么你只管各走各的路
then you just walk on by.
海军时报
潜水英雄险失一足获颁勋章 原♥子♥弹♥失而复得
你的包裹 长官
Package for you, sir.
航太科技周刊
我想要回去
I want to comeback.
回去哪里?
To where, Chief?
完全恢复潜水任务
Full diving duty.
我想继续潜水
I want to dive again.
卡尔
Carl,
我了解 可是…
I understand, but, uh–
可是…那是不可能的
But it’s just not possible.
午安 将军
Good afternoon, Admiral.
卡尔 这位是汉克上校
Carl, this is Cap–Captain Hanks.
布拉谢士官长
Chief Brashear.
汉克上校现任五角大厦
Captain Hanks has been assigned as a senior officer…
人事行政处资深军官
at the Personnel Policy Control Board at the Pentagon.
这几周会跟我们在一起
He’ll be joining us for a few weeks,
接见一些人 听听他们的意见
meeting some of the men from the front lines, getting a feel for their concerns.
我们回到士官长最关心的议题
Yes, and to return to the chief’s primary concern.
身为海军潜水员
Working as a Navy diver –
却只有一条腿 另一只则…
with one good leg and the other-
很抱歉 这是不可能的
I’m sorry. It’s just not possible.
我要截肢
Cut it off.
“受伤飞行员要求截肢手术”
“Pilots injured in flying accidents have requested amputation of injured limbs.
“多人着义肢重返岗位”
Fitted with the right prosthesis, several of them have returned to active duty.”
我的请求如下:
So I’m asking this:
帮我截肢 十二周后
Cut off my leg and assemble a full medical review board 12 weeks from today.
为我办一次医疗评估会
It is then that
我向各位展示足以复职的能力
I will demonstrate that I am fit to return to full diving duty.
我想升上首席士官长
I want to make Master Chief.
我们佩服你的勇气 士官长
We admire your courage, Chief,
但是 恐怕用错了地方
however misplaced it may be.
抱歉 我们出去一下
Please excuse us.
我是位医生 卡尔
I am a doctor, Carl.
我的意见不妨参考一下
My opinion might mean something here.
看来是没用
I guess not.
只有一条腿怎么复职?
How are you gonna come back with one leg?
我曾是文盲 但我走出一条路
I could barely read once. I found a way.
我可以忍♥受你一出海就几个月
I could put up with the months at sea,
和你从不回绝的危险任务 但…
the dangerous assignments that you never said no to, but this–
你要我怎么办?
What do you want from me?
回家 割草坪
Do you want me to come home, mow the lawn,
到处铺上轮椅走道
put a wheelchair ramp in?
在儿子眼里是副什么德行?
How am I gonna look at my own son?
不要把他扯进来
Leave him out of this.
你不是为他或为我才做此决定
You’re not doing this for him or for me.
你全是为了自己
This is about you.
你一向都只考虑你自己
It’s always been about you.
承认吧 卡尔
Admit it, Carl.
至少你可以做到这一点吧
At least give me that much.
为什么你要这样对待我?
Why are you doing this to me?
回答我啊 可恶!
Answer me, goddamn it!
不然 我走出去就再也不回头
Or I’m walking out of here, and I am not coming back.
我爱你 乔
I love you,Jo.
走开!离我远一点!
Get away from me!
废物一个!
Piece of shit!
伙夫
Cookie.
靠 看来我错过了一场狂欢
Looks like I missed one hell of a party.
我被调遍全国
I’ve been all over.
到处惹是生非
Trouble, mostly.
军方派我管理小克里特的…
Navy gave me this second-class
一所二流潜水学校 鸟地方
diving school in Little Creek.
我打了几通电♥话♥
I made some calls.
星期五那个汉克上校…
Come Friday, that Captain Hanks–
要召开医疗评估会逼你退休
he’s gonna convene a medical review board, and he’s gonna retire you.
他说我有四星期
He said I had four weeks.
他说谎 伙夫
He lied, cookie.
他管你能做几个单脚伏地挺身
He don’t give a shit how many one-legged push-ups you can do.
他巴不得拿你我这种老狗
He’d trade you and me and every other old sea dog in the Navy…
去换四眼田鸡电子技工
for one glass-eyed electronics technician.
他要逼你退休
The man’s gonna retire your ass.
我的脚能用了 我不是废物
I got my leg back. I ain’t done yet.
靠你的跛脚赢不了汉克的
You got a stump on a wooden stick and no goddamn chance of beating Hanks, son.
我只想升上首席士官长
All I ever wanted to do was to make Master Diver.
我只想保住首席士官长
All I ever wanted to do was stay one.
如果想打败汉克 你要跳过他
You want to beat Hanks, you’ve got to go around him,
直接找最高层
right to the top.
华盛顿
Washington.
海总人事处长
Chief of Naval Personnel.
对 他们比我们更不喜欢
That’s right.And they don’t like cocky pencil-pushers like Hanks
像汉克那种八股官僚
any more than we do.
我可以运用点关系
I might be able to pull a few strings.
为什么你要这么做?
Why are you doing this, Sunday?
把他们惹毛
Piss people off.
戴克士官长
Chief Decker,
你不是本院首席风纪士官长吗
you are the Chief Master at Arms of this hospital, are you not?
我是 长官
Yes, sir.
那为什么不知道
Then why is it
布拉谢士官长的下落?
you don’t know where Chief Brashear is?
应该不难找到他
He shouldn’t be too hard to spot.
他是海军唯一的黑人潜水员
He is the only Negro diver in the Navy,
而且缺了一条腿
and he’s got one leg.
那位士官长好像转院了 长官
It seems that the chief has transferred, sir.
转到哪里?谁的命令?
To where?On whose orders?
他自己签发命令
He signed his own orders, sir.
打电♥话♥给海岸巡逻队
Call the Shore Patrol.
放轻松 上校 只是谈谈
Relax, Cap. We just wanna talk.
等等
Wait, wait, wait, wait.
你知道布拉谢士官长在哪?
You know where Chief Brashear is. Where?
我懂 无所谓
I see. Fine.
布拉谢士官长不假外出
Chief Brashear is AWOL.
即刻搜索并逮捕
I want him found and arrested now.
你找不到他的
I want him found and arrested now.
你想怎么样?
What doyou want from me, Chief?
给他四星期的训练
Four weeks to train him, then a full readiness evaluation…
然后请海总人事处长
and reinstatement hearing
一起进行评估听证会
with the Chief of Naval Personnel.
处长?
The chief of–
没错 长官
Yes, sir
在华盛顿?
At the Navy yard in Washington?
没错
That’s right.
门都没有
Forget it.
布拉谢士官长能否复职?
会为他举♥行♥听证会吗?
Will the diver be allowed to be reinstated?
看来布拉谢士官长为国断腿
Seems Chief Brashear losing his leg for his country
已成了英雄 长官
sort of makes him a hero, sir.
没关系
Fine.
我答应举♥行♥听证会
I will grant you your hearing
附带一个条件
on one condition, hmm?
他输了你就退休
When he fails, you retire.
他不会输的
He ain’t gonna fail.
快了一分五秒
Minute, five faster.