1943年的夏天 在欧洲展开了一场惨烈的空战
每天有上百名年青的飞行员面对死亡 飞行深入敌人地区进行轰炸
回来的人越来越少
英烈的岁月
快点 我们走 快点 大家 我们走
Come on, let’s go. Come on, everyone, let’s go.
再扔一次 -我开着
I’m open, I’m open. Throw it again. -I’m open.
好 我们看看这里面有谁
Okay, let’s see who we got here.
“维吉·胡格史代尔” 这是什么名字
“Virge Hoogesteger.” What kind of name is that?
六兄弟姊妹中的老么 入伍前在家庭餐馆打工 每周写信回家
“Youngest of 6. Worked in the family diner before joining up. Writes home every week.
小名“处♥男♥”
Nicknamed ‘The Virgin. ‘”
来吧 我们需要一点团队合作 快点 伙计们
Come on, we need a little teamwork here. Come on, fellas.
这傻小子是谁
Now, who’s this goon?
杰克·波奇来自芝加哥南区
“Jack Bocci from the South Side of Chicago.
从几间感化学校毕业 最好小心他的背景
Graduate of several reform schools.” Better keep him in the background.
瞎扯
Bullshit!
这是个信教的 团体中总是有个信教的
This is the religious one. Oh, there’s always a religious one.
尤金·麦克维来自克里夫兰 团体中也总是有来自克里夫兰的
“Eugene McVey from Cleveland.” There’s always one from Cleveland.
19岁 神经兮兮 总有一些小毛病
“Nineteen, high-strung, always coming down with something.”
他是怎么加入的
How’d he get in this bunch?
理查·“恶棍”·莫尔 18岁 5尺4寸 120磅
“Richard ‘Rascal’ Moore. Eighteen, 5-foot-4, 120 pounds.
真正的猎艳高手 这是他自己说的
Has a real reputation as a ladies’ man.” At least, that’s what he says.
看看这位 克雷·巴斯彼 农夫之子
“Clay Busby, a farmer’s son.” Now, look at this.
他的父亲打牌输光土地
“When his father lost their farm in a poker game…
克雷开始在纽奥良的妓院弹钢琴
…Clay started playing piano in a New Orleans cathouse.”
报纸一定会喜欢这条故事
Oh, the papers will love that.
来吧 我开着
Come on. I’m open.
丹尼·戴立 这小子是道地的爱尔兰人
This kid couldn’t be more Irish if he tried. “Danny Daly.
优等生 校刊主编 毕业生致辞
‘A ‘ student, editor of the school paper, valedictorian.
大学毕业后志愿从军
He volunteered the day after he graduated from college.”
丹尼 好吧
Danny! All right!
真不错 我认为我们还要努力一下
That’s not bad. I think we’ve got something to work with here.
飞机返航了
They’re coming in!
英格兰 1943年5月16日
十五 十六架
That’s 15, 16.
又一架 -今天你数
There’s another one. -Hurry, you’re counting today.
目前是15或16架 持续进场中
At this point, 15 or 16. Sir, they’re still coming in.
我不能保证明天有24架
How can I promise you 24 planes tomorrow?
我无法确定能全部返航
I don’t even know if they’ll all make it back.
哪里
Where?
我们一个月前 就轰炸过同一个目标了 长官
I thought we hit that target a month ago, sir.
我知道必须持续施加压力
Yes, I know we have to keep the pressure on…
但我的大队 损失将近四分之一了 长官
…but I lost almost a quarter of my squadron, sir.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
我会要求地勤人员彻夜工作
I will have the ground crews work through the night.
我也希望能让他们喘一口气
But I was hoping to give the boys a little break.
今晚要举办第一次致敬舞会
We’re having a dance tonight in honor of the group’s first ann…
是 长官
Yes, sir.
是 我会随时回报最新状况
Yes, I will give you an update when I know more.
谢谢长官 再见
Thank you, sir. Goodbye.
18架已进场 还有3架
Sir, 18 planes, three still out.
那是孟非斯美女号♥的组员吗
So that’s the crew of the Memphis Belle, huh?
那些是士兵 你下午会见到军官
Those are the enlisted men. You’re meeting the officers this afternoon.
他们大概是全世界最幸运的人了
They must be the 10 luckiest sons of bitches in the world.
他们只是普通人 中校 -别说笑了
They’re just ordinary men, colonel. -Are you kidding?
首先他们都是志愿的 其次他们毫发无伤完成24架次任务
Ordinary? First they volunteer for all this. and then they fly 24 missions without a scratch.
我认为他们可不普通 -又来两架 长官
That doesn’t sound very ordinary to me. -Two more, sir.
国内的人对这么多的损失 已经失去信心了
You know, people back home are getting pretty discouraged by our losses.
他们认为日间轰炸是极大的错误
They’re starting to think daylight bombing is a big mistake.
这是赢得战争的唯一方法 -我们就是要宣扬这个理念
It’s the only way we’re gonna win this war. -We gotta get that message across.
这是我来的目的 全国会爱死这些家伙的
That’s where I come in. The nation is gonna fall in love with those boys.
第一批完成任务的 第八轰炸大队的组员
The first crew in the Eighth Air Force to complete their tour of duty.
还没呢 -他们会的
They haven’t done it yet. -They will.
你会确定的 对吧
You’re gonna make sure of that. Right?
再一架 只要再一架
One more. Just one more.
如果全数返航一定棒呆了
Boy, it’d be great if everybody came back today.
加上舞会 -我赌4赔1
With the dance and everything. -I give them 4-to-1.
有人下注吗
Any takers?
我要下 -你的钱呢 杰克
Yeah, I’ll have some of that. -Show me your money, Jack.
尤金 借我点钱 -你以为我是财主吗
Genie, loan me some money, huh? -What do I look like, Wells Fargo?
不 你是根香肠 -来了
No, you look like a weenie… -There it is!
听说今晚舞会的乐队不错
I heard they brought in a swell band for the dance.
也许会让你上台哼哼 -不了
Maybe they’ll let you croon a tune. -No, sirree.
你老是在机舱内唱歌♥ -因为你们都没品味
You sing to us in the plane all the time. -Yeah, but you guys ain’t got no taste. Heh.
全体弃机 -大家快逃
Abandon ship now, everybody! -Let’s get out of here!
快 -快点
Let’s go! -Come on, come on, hurry up!
快逃
Hurry up! Let’s get out of here!
你用家乡女友的名字命名飞机 对吧
So you named the plane after your girl back home, right?
角度不错
Heh, that’s a great angle.
你的口音不像南方人
You don’t sound like you’re from the south, though.
我去孟非斯出差的时候认识的
I met her when I was in Memphis on business.
我打赌她一定美呆了 丹尼斯
Yeah, I bet she’s a living doll, eh, Dennis?
她是个好女人
She’s a very fine woman, sir.
救生员 责任很重大吧 路克
Oh, a lifeguard? Wow, that’s a pretty responsible job, eh, Luke?
几乎都在晒太阳 四周美女围绕
Well, it’s rough basking in the sun all day, having girls swarm all over you.
所以我就入伍 好摆脱一切
So I joined up. Had to get away from all of that.
很好
That’s good. -Yeah.
瓦尔 是什么名字的缩写
All right. “Val.” And what is that short for?
“情人”吗
“Valentine.”
女人一定爱死了
I bet the women love that.
目前你的工作是投弹手
Now, you’re the bombardier…
但这身军服底下 你受过4年的医学教育
…and, uh, I understand you have 4 years of medical school under your belt.
我相信 一旦你的照片登上杂♥志♥
Believe me, as soon as your picture comes out in LIFE magazine…
全国的男女老幼 都希望你成为他们的家庭医生
…every man, woman and child in America is gonna want you to be their doctor.
可以看着镜头吗 菲尔
Would you look at the camera, Phil?
坐直
Sit up straight.
笑一下 -有什么好笑的 长官
Smile? -What is there to smile about, sir?
你们已经完成24次任务 再一次就可以回家了
You guys have finished 24 missions. One more and you go home.
这就值得高兴
That’d sure make me smile.
你不是我
Well, you’re not me.
拜托你拍照就好
Would you please just take the picture?
好了吗 长官 -还没
Is that all, sir? -Not quite.
你们将开着美女号♥飞遍全国
You’ll go back home in the Belle, fly all over the U.S…
进行演说 劝买♥♥战争公债 让大家长时工作 生产更多飞机
…making speeches, getting people to buy more war bonds work longer hours, put out more planes.
一州接着一州 有喝不完的酒 泡不完的女人
And, uh, believe me, you’ll be wined, womened and songed from one end of the States to the other.
很辛苦 但这是必要的牺牲
It’ll be tough, but, uh, we all have to make sacrifices.
我们会成名 -没错 路克
You mean we’re gonna be famous, sir? -I’m afraid so, Luke.
戴伦杰中校
Colonel Derringer? Ah-ah-ah.
我是陆军的公♥关♥ 叫我布鲁斯
I’m Army PR. You can call me Bruce.
我们要依照你的命令
We’ll follow your orders to the best of our…
这不是命令 丹尼斯 我们是一起努力
These are not orders, Dennis. We’re working together on this.
好吧 但先别让大伙知道
Fine. But I don’t want the other men finding out about this yet.
杂♥志♥封面 酒和女人 一定要告诉大家 他们会疯掉的
Pictures in LIFE? Wine, women and song? You gotta tell them. They’ll go nuts.
我不要他们发疯 我要他们专心任务
I don’t want them going nuts. I want them thinking about their jobs.
拜托 我们闭着眼睛都能完成 为什么不让他们知道
Come on, we could do our jobs in our sleep. Why can’t they know?
我决定了
Because I said so.
我爸也这么说
My father used to say that.
丹尼斯 你是头 你自己决定吧
Dennis, you’re the boss. You tell the crew whenever you think it’s right.
再来一张照片如何
Now, can we have just one more shot?
妈的你在耍我吗
What? Are you kidding me?
笑个屁啊
What are you smiling about? -Ha-ha-ha.
营房♥内就你的牌不干净
You’re the one that put this unclean deck in this barracks.
收钱吧 杰克·波奇又抖起来了
Okay, get your money. Once again, Jack Bocci gets stiffed.
克雷 何不让士官来收贝克的遗物
Clay, shouldn’t you let the sarge go through Becker’s stuff?
士官只会将遗物寄给贝克的遗孀
Sarge will just send it to Becker’s widow.
我们不想害她尴尬
We don’t want her getting anything embarrassing.
糖果 -给我
Candy bar. -Me.
丹尼 要选哪一个 这个闪闪的很时髦
Danny, which one of these do you like better? This one’s shiny aluminum. It’s very modern.
这个砖墙篱笆有家的温馨
And this one is a little more homey, with the brick and the little bushes.
干嘛 -这很重要
This one. Why? -Well, it’s important, see.
我想经营连锁餐厅
I’m gonna plan to open a bunch of restaurants exactly like the first one.
如此一来 无论到哪里 都能吃到一样的汉堡
So you could go to Detroit and get the same hamburger you got in Baltimore or in Philadelphia…
没有人到哪都想吃一样的东西
Nobody’s gonna want the same old food everywhere they go.
当然会 比较习惯