Who? Johnny G., the guy you’re looking for.
谁? 约翰·G 你要找的人
That’s why you haven’t left town, am I right? Maybe.
你为了找他 才留在本地? 或者吧
Leonard, look. You have to be very careful. Why?
蓝纳 你非小心不可 为什么?
The other day you mentioned that
你提过
maybe somebody was trying to set you up…
有人想陷害你
get you to kill the wrong guy.
让你杀错人
I go on facts, not recommendations, but thank you.
我会凭事实去判断 而不是建议 但谢啦
Lenny, you can’t trust a man’s life to your little notes and pictures.
蓝尼 你怎能凭字条 照片去决定杀谁?
Why not? Because your notes could be unreliable.
为什么不能? 因为字条未必可靠
Memory’s unreliable. Oh, please!
记忆也未必可靠 喔 拜托!
No, really. Memory’s not perfect. It’s not even that good.
记忆不准确 甚至不合用
Ask the police. Eyewitness testimony is unreliable.
问问警♥察♥吧 目击证供未必可靠
The cops don’t catch a killer by sitting around remembering stuff.
警♥察♥不是凭记忆缉凶 我明白
They collect facts, they make notes, and they draw conclusions.
警♥察♥搜集事实 做笔记 我不是那个意思 然后作出结论
Facts, not memories.
凭事实 不是凭记忆
That’s how you investigate. I know. It’s what I used to do.
我以前就是这么做调查的 所以我很清楚
Memory can change the shape of a room. It can change the color of a car.
形状 颜色等细节 未必记得准
And memories can be distorted.
可以记错
They’rejust an interpretation. They’re not a record.
记忆只是一种演绎 不是纪录
They’re irrelevant if you have the facts.
掌握事实 就不用靠记忆
You really want to get this guy, don’t you?
你非报仇不可?
He killed my wife. He took away my fucking memory.
他杀死我妻子 夺去我记忆
He destroyed my ability to live.
毁灭我生存的能力
You’re living.
你还活着
Only for revenge.
完全为了报仇
Then we’ll get the bastard. Where you staying?
那么我们把那杂种找出来 你住在哪里?
The Discount Inn.
特惠旅馆
I don’t know what room. I haven’t got my key.
我不知哪间房♥ 我没有钥匙
Probably left it in your room.
可能留在你房♥里了
Hi. I’m checked in here, but I think I’ve misplaced my key.
我是房♥客 但是钥匙不见了
How you doing, Leonard? Probably in the room, right?
你好 蓝纳 可能在房♥里
Don’t see my key anywhere. Shit.
我的钥匙呢? 糟糕
This is the wrong room. You’re in 304 now.
进错了房♥ 你现在住304号♥
I’m sorry. I fucked up. This is not my room?
对不起 我搞错了 这不是我的房♥?
No. Let’s go.
不是你的房♥ 我们走吧
Why is this my handwriting?
为什么有我的笔迹?
This was your room, but nowyou’re in 304.
这”以前”是你的房♥间 现在你住304
When was I in here? Last week.
我几时住过这间? 上个星期
But then I rented you another room on top of it.
不过我再多租你一间楼上的
Why? Business is slow.
为什么? 生意惨淡
I told my boss about your condition and stuff…
我对老板说 你既然有这种病
and he said, “Try and rent him another room.”
我们于是多租一间给你
How many rooms am I checked into in this shit-hole?
我究竟租了几多间?
Just two, so far.
只是两间 到目前为止
At least you’re being honest about ripping me off.
起码你坦白承认 是我笨
You’re not gonna remember anyway.
你反正不会记得
You don’t have to be that honest, Burt.
用不着那样坦白
Leonard, always get a receipt.
蓝纳 每次都应该拿收据
Yeah. I’m gonna write that down.
我会记下来
What time is it? Quarter to 1:00.
现在几点了? 12点45分
Excuse me.
对不起
Your room’s…
你的房♥间
Natalie? You don’t remember me.
娜塔莉? 你记不得我了
I’d just become an investigator when I came across Sammy.
萨米·杰克斯的保险索偿 十分奇特
Mr. Samuel R.Jankis. Strangest case ever.
是我接手的第一宗案
You know, the guy’s a 58-year-old semiretired accountant.
萨米58岁 半退休会计师
He and his wife had been in this car accident. Nothing too serious.
遇到交通意外 本来不算严重
But he’s acting funny. He can’t get a handle on what’s going on.
奇怪的是 他记不牢东西
The doctors find some possible damage to the hippocampus.
医生怀疑脑部受伤
Nothing conclusive,
但无法证实
but Sammy can’t remember anything for more than a couple of minutes.
萨米的记忆只有几分钟
Can’t work, can’t do shit. The medical bills pile up.
于是什么都不能做 医药费昂贵
His wife calls the insurance company, and I get sent in.
太太通知保险公♥司♥ 公♥司♥派我调查
Now, this is my first big claims investigation, so I really check into it.
我初次查案 于是查得份外认真
Sammy can think just fine, but he can’t make any new memories.
萨米思考没问题 不过 他没有新记忆
He could only remember things for a couple of minutes.
只记得几分钟内的事 萨米
This is Mr. Shelby. He’d watch TV…
这位是修比先生 他看电视
but anything longer than a couple of minutes was too confusing.
但过目则忘
He couldn’t remember how it began.
记得后面 忘了前面
He liked commercials. They were short.
他喜欢看广♥告♥ 广♥告♥简短
Sammy. It’s time for my shot.
萨米 该帮我打♥针♥了
The crazy part was that this guy…
不可思议的是
who couldn’t even follow the plot of Green Acres anymore…
这个连电视也没法看的人
could do the most complicated things…
却能够做复杂的事
as long as he learned them before the accident…
只要意外前学懂的
and as long as he kept his mind on what he was doing.
然后专心去做就行
Be gentle.
轻点
The doctors assure me there’s a real condition
医生证实有一种罕有的病
called anterograde memory loss…
叫”前期失忆”
or short-term memory loss.
即是短期失忆
It’s rare, but legit.
很稀有 但的确存在
But every time I see him…
不过 我每次见到他
I catch this look…
从他的眼神察觉
this slight look of recognition.
他好像有点认得我
But he says he can’t remember me at all.
他却自称一点都认不得
Sammy, it’s okay. I got it. I got it.
萨米 不要紧 我开 我开
Hi, Mr. Shelby. Hi, Mrs.Jankis.
你好 修比先生 你好 杰克斯太太
I can read people, and I’m thinking: bad actor.
我能读懂人 我怀疑他在演戏
So now I’m suspicious, and I order more tests.
于是要求再做检验
Awake.
醒来
Where am I?
我在哪里?
Somebody’s bedroom.
某人的卧房♥
It must be her room.
必定是她的房♥问
But who is she?
不过 她是谁?
It’s only me.
是我
Did you sleep okay? Yeah. You?
睡得好吗? 好 你呢?
Oh, shit. I gotta be someplace.
糟糕! 我有地方要去
It’s pretty weird. It’s useful.
相当怪异 这很有用
You never write a phone number on your hand?
你从不把电♥话♥写在手上?
I should be able to talk to my friend today about the license plate.
我今天要去监理所找朋友 查查车牌的事
Yeah, the license plate. John G.’s license plate.
对 车牌 约翰·G 的车牌
You have it tattooed on your thigh.
你把车牌纹在你大腿上
“Natalie.”
“娜塔莉”
“She has also lost someone.
“她也失去挚爱”
She will help you out of pity.”
“会帮助你走出阴影”
If it’s registered in this state…
只要是本州的车牌
it should only take a couple seconds
几秒钟
to pull up his license and registration.
就查出车主资料
I’ll call you as soon as I talk to him.
我一有资料就打给你
Do you think we could just arrange a meeting now?
不如现在就约定几时见面吧
I’m not too good on the phone.
我不喜欢讲电♥话♥
It’s great that you…
多谢你
that you’re helping me like this.
这样帮忙我
I’m helping you because you helped me.
我帮你 因为你帮过我
So next time you see me, will you remember me?
那么 下次见面 你会记得我吗?
I think you will.
我认为你会
I’m sorry.
对不起
Lenny, before you go, could I have my shirt back, please?
蓝尼 你走之前可以把衬衫脱下来还我吗?
Yo, Lenny! I thought you split for good.
唷! 蓝尼 还以为你离开了本地
Sammy couldn’t pick up any new skills at all.
萨米完全不能学习新的技能
But I find something in my research: conditioning.
不过 我认为他可以用惯性法则
Sammy should still be able to learn through repetition.
重覆又重覆的去学 一定学得会
It’s how you learn stuff like riding a bike.
就像学骑脚踏车一样
You just get better through practice.
熟能生巧
It’s a completely different part of the brain
就算没有短期记忆
from the short-term memory.
也可以学得会
So I had the doctors test Sammy’s response to conditioning.
我请医生检验萨米对惯性的反应
Just pick up any three objects.
随便挑三件东西
That’s a test?
这就算检验?
Where were you guys when I did my CPA?
我考会计师的时候 你们还不知道在哪呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!