Excuse me, sir. You left these at your table.
对不起 你忘记拿走
Thanks.
谢谢
Lincoln Street? Yeah.
林肯街怎么走? 知道
Go straight out on Sixth Street. Go east all the way…
沿第六街一直向东走
Hold on. I’m gonna write this down. It’s easy.Just go…
等一等 我要写下来 很容易 只是直走
Trust me. I need to write this down.
相信我 我的确需要写下来
“The Discount Inn.”
“特惠旅馆”
Discount Inn.
特惠旅馆
Natalie.
娜塔莉
My car.
我的车
Teddy.
泰迪
“John Edward Gammell.”
“约翰·爱德华·甘莫”
This guy told me his name was Teddy.
他告诉我他叫泰迪
“Don’t believe his lies.”
“别相信他的谎言”
Yeah? Mr. Gammell?
喂? 甘莫先生?
Lenny, is that you? John Gammell?
是你吗? 蓝尼 你是约翰·甘莫?
Lenny, it’s Teddy. Stay there. I’ll be right over.
我是泰迪 不要走开 我立即来
Okay. I’ll be waiting.
好呀 我等你
“White. Male.”
线索一: 男性 线索二: 白人
“First name John.”
三: 名叫约翰或者詹姆士 名叫约翰
“Last name: G” for Gammell.
“姓开头是G 姓甘莫
“Drugs. License plate.”
“五: 毒贩 六: 车牌SG1371U”
“SG13…
“车牌SG13
It’s him.
是他
I found you, you fuck.
我终于找到你这个混♥蛋♥了
You said we talked before. I don’t remember that.
你说我跟你聊过? 我不记得
Yeah, but it’s not amnesia.
不是失忆症
I remember everything up until my injury.
我记得受伤以前的事
I just can’t make new memories. So I can’t remember talking to you.
只是我不能产生新的记忆 所以我不记得我们谈过什么
What did we talk about? Oh, Sammy Jankis.
我们谈过什么? 萨米·杰克斯
I guess I tell people about Sammy to help them understand.
我告诉别人萨米的故事使他们了解
Sammy’s story helps me understand my own situation.
也帮助我自己了解这种短期失忆的病
Sammy wrote himself endless amounts of notes, but he got mixed up.
萨米猛为自已写备忘字条 不过最后乱成一团
I have a more graceful solution to the memory problem.
我用一个更好的方法对付这种记忆的毛病
I’m disciplined and organized.
我要求自己严谨且有系统
I use habit and routine to make my life possible.
我用一些习惯和例行公事过日常生活
Sammy had no drive, no reason to make it work.
萨米没有强迫的要求自己这么做 所以他没办法过日子
Me? Yeah, I got a reason.
我? 我当然有理由 (约翰·甘莫奸♥杀♥我的妻子)
“Today, 1:00 p.m. Meet Natalie for info.
“今天下午一点去找娜塔莉拿消息”
She has also lost someone.
“她也失去挚爱
She will help you out of pity.”
会帮助你走出阴影”
Natalie? You don’t remember me.
娜塔莉? 你记不起我
Sorry. I should have explained. I have this…
对不起 我应该解释 我有
You did explain, Lenny.
你解释过 蓝尼
Please call me Leonard. My wife called me Lenny.
请叫我蓝纳 我太太叫我蓝尼
Yeah, I know. You told me. Then I probably told you how much I hated it.
我知道 你说过 那我应该也说过我有多讨厌别人那么叫我
Yeah.
是的
Do you mind taking your glasses off? It’s hard for me to…
可以把墨镜拿下来吗? 我没有办法
Thanks. So you have information for me?
谢谢 你有消息给我?
Is that what your little note says? Yeah.
你的小字条写的? 是的
Must be tough living your life
单靠字条过活
according to a couple of scraps of paper.
必定很辛苦
You mix your laundry list with your grocery list…
把洗衣单和食物清单搞乱
and you’ll end up eating your underwear for breakfast.
你可能最后拿着内♥裤♥当早餐吃
I guess that’s why you have those freaky tattoos.
所以我猜你才会弄那些奇怪的刺青在身上
Yeah, it’s tough. It’s almost impossible.
日子确实不好过 几乎不太可能过的下去
I’m sorry I don’t remember you. It’s nothing personal.
对不起 我刚记不起你 请不要见怪
I do have information for you.
我的确有消息给你
You gave me a license plate number.
你给我一个车牌号♥码
Had my friend at DMV trace it.
我朋友在监理所上班 我去查了
Guess what name came up.
猜猜是谁的?
John Edward Gammell.John G.
约翰·甘莫 约翰·G
Do you know him? No.
你认识他? 不认识
But his face on his driver’s license looked really familiar.
不过驾照上的照片挺熟的
I think he’s been in the bar, maybe.
他可能来过酒吧
Here’s a copy of his license, his registration, photo and all.
这是他的驾照拷贝跟照片
Are you sure you want this?
你真的要这样做?
Have I told you what this man did? Yeah.
我有没有说过他做过什么? 有
Then you shouldn’t have to ask.
那你就不用问了
But even if you get revenge, you’re not gonna remember it.
不过 你即使报了仇 你也不会记得
You’re not even gonna know that it happened.
你也不会晓得自己已经报仇了
My wife deserves vengeance.
杀妻之仇不可不报
Doesn’t make any difference whether I know about it.
记不记得无所谓
Just because there are things I don’t remember
即使我记不得
doesn’t make my actions meaningless.
我的报仇仍然不会是无意义的
The world doesn’tjust disappear when you close your eyes, does it?
即使闭上眼睛 世界并没有消失 是吧?
Anyway, maybe I’ll take a photograph to remind myself…
我可以拍张照片来提醒自已
get another freaky tattoo.
或者再刺些怪刺青在身上
Tell me about her again.
再说说她的事吧
Why?
为什么?
Because you like to remember her.
因为你喜欢回忆她
She was beautiful.
她很漂亮
To me, she was perfect. No. Don’tjust recite the words.
对我来说 她是完美的 不要 不要只是顺口说说
Close your eyes… and remember her.
闭上眼睛 去回忆她
You can just feel the details.
我几乎可以感觉到细节
The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words.
一些平时懒得记忆的细节
And you can feel these extreme moments…
可以感觉到那些美妙的时刻
even if you don’t want to.
相当轻而易举的
You put these together, and you get the feel of a person.
把这些感觉放在一起 就好像她在我面前一样
Enough to know how much you miss them…
足够知道我有多么的想念她
and how much you hate the person who took them away.
且多么痛恨那个把它们夺走的凶手
I added an address in here.
我我写了个地址在上面
It might be useful. It’s an abandoned place outside of town.
或者有用 是近郊一间荒屋
A guy I knew used to do bigger deals there.
我认识的一个人经常在那边处理一些见不得光下的事
It’s isolated.
附近不会有人
Sounds perfect.
听起来好极了
Do I owe you any… I wasn’t helping you for money.
我是不是欠你 不用 我不是为了钱才帮你
I’m sorry. It’s okay.
对不起 不要紧
See, you have this condition.
我知道你有这种毛病
Are you still staying at the Discount Inn, room 304?
还住在特惠旅馆? 304号♥房♥?
You left it at my place.
你把钥匙忘在我家
Yeah.
是的
They treating you okay? I don’t remember.
旅馆招待好吗? 我记不起
You know what we have in common?
你我有个共同点
We are both survivors.
我们都是幸存者
You take care, Leonard.
保重 蓝纳
“Remember Sammy Jankis.”
“记住萨米·杰克斯”
I met Sammy through work. Insurance. I was an investigator.
我之所以认识萨米是因为工作的关系 我本来在保险公♥司♥服务
I’d investigate the claims to see which ones were phony.
负责调查保险索偿
I had to see through people’s bullshit.
我必须看穿别人的谎言
It was useful experience, ’cause now it’s my life.
这专长现在在我的生活中大派用场
When I meet someone, I don’t know if I’ve met them before.
现在我靠观察别人的眼睛去辨认
I have to look in their eyes and try and figure them out.
眼前的人是不是认识的
My job taught me the best way
我工作的经验告诉我
to find out what someone knew was just let them talk…
了解一个人最好的方法就是一直让他说话
and watch the eyes and the body language.
然后观察他的眼神跟肢体动作
If someone scratches their nose while they’re talking,
譬如 一面讲话一面擦鼻子
experts tell you it means they’re lying.
那个人可能在撒谎
It really means they’re nervous.
或紧张
People get nervous for all sorts of reasons.
紧张的原因很多
It’s all about context.
视乎情形而定
Yeah, I was good.
对 我是高手
Sammy was my first real challenge.
萨米是我第一个真正的挑战
Yo, Lenny! I thought you split for good.
唷! 蓝尼 还以为你离开了本地
Things change. So I see.
情形有变 看得出来
My name’s Teddy. I guess I’ve told you about my condition.
我叫泰迪 我大概提过我的病
Only every time I see you. Come on, I’ll buy you lunch.
每次见面都提 来 我请你吃午餐
Have I told you about Sammy Jankis? Yeah.
我有没有提过萨米·杰克斯? 有
I’m sick of hearing about the guy.
我已经听到想吐了
What about John G.? You think he’s still here?
约翰·G 呢? 你认为他还在?