Take your fuckin’ pants off! I’ve got 200 grand stashed in the car!
他妈的脱裤子呀 我带了20万来! 在车里
Just take it! You think you can bargain with me?
拿走吧! 你想讨价还价?
Take the money and walk away! I don’t want your fuckin’ money.
把钱拿走吧! 我不要你的臭钱
Then what?
那么你要什么?
What do you want from me? I want my fuckin’ life back!
你要什么? 我要回我的生活!
Sammy.
萨米!
He said “Sammy.” How does he know about Sammy?
他说萨米 他认识萨米?
Oh, fuck.
糟糕
What have I done?
我做了什么?
Mister, I need help. There’s a guy in here, he’s hurt bad.
先生 帮帮忙 有人受了重伤
We gotta get him to a doctor. All right.
需要看医生 好
I don’t know what happened. I’ve got this memory thing.
我不知道发生什么事 我记忆有问题
Do I know you? No. Don’t worry. I’m a cop.
我认识你吗? 不认识 别担心 我是警♥察♥
Is he still breathing? I don’t know. Maybe.
他还有气吗? 不知道 或者有
What the hell were you guys doing down here?
你们在这里干什么?
I don’t remember. I have this condition.
我不记得 我有病
I hope it’s not as serious as his, ’cause this guy’s dead.
他比你惨 他死了
Ow! Lenny!That shit kills!
哎哟 蓝尼 痛死我!
So you remember me now, huh? You are a fuckin’ cop.
你现在记得我了? 你是个死警♥察♥
Yeah. And I’m the guy that helped you find him.
是我帮你找到他
Get up. Get up.
起来 起来
Lenny, you got the wrong idea.
蓝尼 你误会了
Who is that? He knew me.
他是谁? 他认识我
Of course he did. He raped your wife. He fucked up your brain.
当然 他强♥奸♥你老婆 打伤你
Bullshit. He’s not the guy.
吹牛! 他不是凶手
His name is James F. Grants. John G. Check your tattoos.
他叫吉米·葛蓝斯 就是约翰·G 查查你的刺青吧
What was he bringing the 200 grand for? What?
为什么他带20万来? 什么?
What was it for? A load of amphetamines I told him I had.
用来做什么? 我告诉他我有大批安♥非♥他♥命♥
Is this a drug deal? No. Yeah, that and your thing.
你们买♥♥卖♥♥毒品? 不 是 还有你的事
Look, Leonard,Jimmy’s your guy.
吉米是你仇人
I just figured we’d make a few dollars on the side.
我只乘机捞油水
How did he know me? The Discount Inn. He dealt out of there.
他怎认识我? 特惠旅馆 他在那里交易
The guy at the front desk let him know if anybody came snooping around.
旅馆的人是他朋友
He called Jimmy the minute he saw you taking a picture of the dump.
一看你拍照 就通知吉米
You’re fucking using me. No!You get half!
你在利用我 不 你可分得一半钱!
He knew about Sammy! Why would I tell him about fuckin’ Sammy?
他认识萨米! 怎会认识萨米?
You tell everybody about Sammy, everybody who’ll listen.
你逢人就说萨米的事 谁都听过
“Remember Sammy Jankis?” “Remember Sammy Jankis?”
记得萨米·杰克斯吗?
Great story. Gets better every time you tell it.
好故事 你愈说愈精采
So you lie to yourself to be happy.
你在自欺欺人使自己快乐
There’s nothing wrong with that. We all do it.
这样没什么不对 大家都这么做
Who cares if there’s a few little details you’d rather not remember?
你只记得你想记得的事
What the fuck are you talking about? I don’t know.
你说什么? 我不知道
Your wife surviving the assault.
你太太事后还活着
Her not believing your condition.
她不相信你有病
The torment and pain and anguish tearing her up inside.
她内心痛苦无比
The insulin.
胰岛素
That’s Sammy, not me. I told you about Sammy.
那是萨米 不是我 我对你说过萨米的事
Yeah, right. Like you tell yourself over and over again.
对 你不断这样对自已说
Conditioning yourself to remember.
用惯性法来帮自已记忆
Learning through repetition. Sammy let his wife kill herself.
用重覆又重覆的方法来学习 萨米让太太自杀
Sammy ended up in an institution. Sammy was a con man, a faker.
萨米入了院 萨米是老千 是骗子
I never said that Sammy was faking.
我从没说萨米假装
You exposed him for what he was… a fraud.
你暴露出他的真面目 他的骗局
But I was wrong. That’s the whole point.
不过 我是错的 这才是关键
See, Sammy’s wife came to me. Sammy didn’t have a wife.
萨米太太来找我 萨米没有太太
It was your wife who had diabetes.
有糖尿病的是你太太
Ouch.
噢
My wife wasn’t diabetic.
我太太没有糖尿病
You sure?
你肯定?
Ouch. Cut it out. She wasn’t diabetic.
不要! 她没有糖尿病
You think I don’t know my own wife? What the fuck is wrong with you?
我难道不清楚我太太? 你到底是有什么问题?
I guess I can only make you remember the things you wanna be true.
你只记得你想记得的事
Like old Jimmy down there. He’s not the right guy.
就像吉米一样 他不是我的仇人
He was to you.
对你来说 他是
Come on. You got your revenge. Enjoy it while you still remember.
你报了仇 趁记得 好好开心吧
What difference does it make whether he was your guy or not?
是不是真正仇人 有什么关系?
It makes all the difference. Why? You’re never gonna know.
有很大关系 你反正不会记得
Yes, I will. No, you won’t.
会 你不会
I will. Somehow I’ll know.
我会 我总之会
You won’t remember! When it’s done, I will know. It’ll be different.
你不会记得 这次我会
I thought so too. In fact, I was sure of it, but you didn’t!
我本来以为你会 但你记不得!
That’s right. The real John G.
对 真正的约翰·G
I helped you find him over a year ago. He’s already dead.
一年多前 我帮你找到他 他已经死了
Don’t lie to me anymore. Look, Lenny.
不要再骗我 听着 蓝尼
I was the cop assigned to your wife’s case. I believed you.
你太太的档案是我给你的 我相信你
I thought you deserved a chance for revenge.
认为你应该报仇
I’m the one that helped you find the other guy
我帮你找到
in your bathroom that night…
另外的凶手
the guy that cracked your skull and fucked your wife.
那个打你头 强♥奸♥你太太的人
We found him. You killed him.
我们找到他 你杀掉他
But you didn’t remember. So I helped you start looking again…
可是你记不得 于是我帮你再去找
looking for the guy you already killed.
找那个你已经杀掉的人
Yeah? So who was he?
是吗? 那么他是谁?
Just some guy. Does it even matter who?
是谁有什么关系?
No reason, Lenny. No conspiracy. Just bad fucking luck.
没有理由 没有预谋 只是个倒楣鬼
Couple of junkies too strung out
几个混混以为你太太独自在家
to realize your wife didn’t live alone.
搞出大事情
But when you killed him, I was so convinced that you’d remember.
你杀掉他 我真的以为你会记得
But it didn’t stick.
不过 你忘掉了
Like nothing ever sticks. Like this won’t stick.
什么都不记得 这次也不会记得
I took that picture…just when you did it.
照片是我拍的 在你报仇的时候拍的
Look how happy you are.
看 你多开心
I wanted to see that face again.
我希望你再开心
Gee, thanks. Fuck you.
多谢啊 去死吧 你
I gave you a reason to live, and you were more than happy to help.
我给你活下去的意义 你有得报仇
You don’t want the truth. You make up your own truth.
你不要真♥相♥ 你只要自己捏造的事实
Like your police file.
例如那警♥察♥档案
It was complete when I gave it to you. Who took out the 12 pages?
给你的时候完整无缺 谁撕掉里面的12页纸?
You, probably. No, it wasn’t me. See, it was you.
可能是你 不是我 是你
Why would I do that? To create a puzzle you could never solve.
我为什么撕掉? 为了替自已制♥造♥一个解不开的谜
You know how many towns?
你知道有多少个镇吗?
How many John G.’s or James G.’s?
有多少个约翰·G?
Shit, Lenny. I’m a fucking John G.
妈的 我是说 蓝尼 我也刚好是约翰·G
Your name is Teddy. My mother calls me Teddy.
你叫泰迪 我妈妈叫我泰迪
My name’s John Edward Gammell.
我的姓名是约翰·爱德华·甘莫
Cheer up.
欢呼吧
There’s plenty of John G.’s for us to find.
你要找 不愁没有约翰·G
All you do is moan.
你只晓得发牢骚
I’m the one that has to live with what you’ve done.
只有我知道你做过什么
I’m the one that put it all together.
我在幕后指导
You wander around, you’re playing detective.
你只是在到处晃扮侦探
You’re living a dream, kid.
你活在梦中
A dead wife to pine for. A sense of purpose to your life.
有死去的妻子可供怀念 有生活的目的
A romantic quest that you wouldn’t end
即使没有我
even if I wasn’t in the picture.
你也不会罢手
I should kill you. Quit it. Lenny, come on.
我应该杀你 收手吧 蓝尼
You’re not a killer. That’s why you’re so good at it.
你不是杀手 所以你才那么在行
What are you doing? You know what time it is?
来 做什么? 知道几点吗?
It’s beer o’clock. I’m buying.
喝啤酒去吧 我请客
Fuck.
操
I’m not a killer.
我不是杀手
I’m just someone who wanted to make things right.
我只想补救错误
Can I just let myself forget what you’ve told me?
我应不应该忘记你刚刚告诉我的话?
Can I just let myself forget what you made me do?
应不应该忘记你让我做的事?
You think I just want another puzzle to solve?
你以为我想再去解另一个谜?
Another John G. to look for?
再去找另一个约翰·G?
You’re a John G.
你也是约翰·G
So you can be my John G.
你可以做我的约翰·G
Do I lie to myself to be happy?
我要自欺才能够快乐?