It’s splendid.
很高兴你喜欢
Glad you like it.
我太太让我爱上…
My wife turned me on to…
羊肉三明治
cold lamb sandwiches.
她叫琼
Joan was my wife.
嗯 羊肉三明治
Yeah. Cold lamb sandwiches.
不像牛肉那么硬 也没有鸡肉乏味
Not as chewy as roast beef, not as boring as chicken.
她很会做菜
She knew stuff like that.
很多事让我想起她
Everything reminds me of her.
我没有一天不想她
There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t think about her.
某天 她突然不舒服 隔天就…
One day she didn’t feel well. The next day she was…
去世了
gone.
你能怎么办呢
So what are you gonna do?
是啊
Yeah.
我想你一定听说过这种故事数百万遍
I guess you’ve heard all this a trillion times before, huh?
不止
More.
那你怎么不阻止我
Why didn’t you stop me?
不知道
I don’t know.
你们第一次见面时的情况是怎样
What was it like when you first met?
我以为你听过数百万遍
I thought you’d heard it a trillion times before.
我对这部分很有兴趣
This part I’m interested in.
她穿着蓝色洋装
Well, she had on this little blue suit
白色衣领
with a little white collar
上面有红色花边
that had a little red piping on it.
进来
Yeah?
– 我打扰你们了吗 – 是的
– Am I interrupting? – Yes.
没有
No.
开玩笑的吗
Just kidding?
坐下 德鲁
Sit down, Drew.
我来是想私下跟你谈 比尔
Before I do, I was hoping we might be alone, Bill.
乔和我之间没有秘密
Well, Joe and I have no secrets from each other.
感情真好
How nice for you both.
恕我直言 我对你今早的决定感到不解
Pardon my candor, but I was confounded by your decision this morning.
– 为什么 – 我进公♥司♥时
– Why? – I was hired,
你说要协助带领公♥司♥迎向21世纪
you told me, to help bring Parrish Communications into the 21st century.
这次的合并是我…
This merger is the vehicle in my…
或许是个能让比尔的公♥司♥迈入21世纪的契机
Perhaps a merger is a way to bring Bill’s company into the 21st century,
或许它不是
and perhaps it isn’t.
也许高中时在法国哲学家考试作弊
And perhaps cheating on your French philosophers exam at the Groton School
是个拿到文凭的好方法
was an expedient way to get your diploma,
也或许不是
and perhaps it wasn’t.
不要强求 德鲁
Be that as it may, Drew,
一个问题通常有两种答案
a question can often be argued both ways.
乔 不要讲了 你也是 德鲁
Joe, cut it out. You, too, Drew.
我以为你已经同意了
I thought this was practically a done deal.
现在我不这么想 好吗
Well, now it’s undone, okay?
忘了邦特科 不要提
Forget Bontecou. Scrub him.
我受够那一套自以为是的优渥条件
I’m tired of his fancy name and his fancy offer.
我不会同意的
I’m not going for it.
好吧
Okay.
比尔
Bill,
为何在这个关键时刻
why at this juncture
你还这么关心你的公♥司♥生意
are you letting yourself be so concerned by business matters?
因为我不想让任何人买♥♥走我的毕生心血
‘Cause I don’t want anybody buying up my life’s work!
把它转成别的性质我绝对不同意
Turning it into something it wasn’t meant to be.
人们希望在死后留下一些什么 我要它在我死后还是一样
A man wants to leave something behind. He wants it left behind the way he made it.
我要它一直这样运作下去
He wants it to be run the way he ran it,
秉持初衷是我的真理 好吗
with a sense of honor, of dedication, of truth. Okay?
不要激动 比尔
Easy, Bill.
你会得心脏病 也破坏我的假期
You’ll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.
现在听我说
Now listen.
我了解你对邦特科怎么想
I read you all the way on the Bontecou thing,
我知道你为何反对 我百分之百支持你
and I know where you’re coming from, and I am with you 101%.
好 谢谢你 昆斯
Well, thank you, Quince.
但我要跟你说
But I just gotta tell you,
如果并购势在必行
if mergers are in the wind,
我们还有很多选择
I’ve developed some great prospects.
我想下个星期来找你再跟你说
And I want to come and talk to you about… about them next week.
下星期
Next week?

Yeah.
或两周后
Or the week after.
你不喜欢吗
No good?
不 为什么 任何事都有可能
No. Why, anything’s possible.
由乔来决定
It’s up to Joe.

Joe.
你不知道我有多开心在董事会议中看到你
You just don’t know how glad I am you’re aboard,
终于有人可以帮老爸分担工作压力
because anybody who can take some of the weight off the old man,
我支持他
I am… I’m in his corner.
你过奖了 昆斯
That’s very gracious of you, Quince.
别客气
It’s no problem.
我不打扰你们了 我看得…
Well, I’ll leave you two alone, because I can…
我看得出来
I can tell, you know,
你们有事情在讨论
you got something in the fire.
听着 我知道你很沮丧
Now, look, I know you’re down.
当你沮丧时 你只能往好处想看开一点
But you know, when you’re down, Drew, there’s no place to go but up.
谢了 昆斯
Up. Thanks, Quince.
忘了邦特科吧
Forget about Bontecou.
我还有别的合并案要提供
I got a couple other merger possibilities up my sleeve,
我会对老爸一一提出
and I’m pitching them to the old man.
– 是吗 – 没错
– Were you? – Yeah.
嘿 听着
Hey, listen.
我们来合作
We’re gonna go in together.
算你一份
I’ll clue you in.
要选对时机
The timing has gotta be right,
因为那老头说让乔做主
because the old man says it’s up to Joe.
他说要让乔决定
He said it’s up to Joe?
他这么说的吗
Those were his words?
没错
Yeah.
– 由乔决定 – 对
– It’s up to Joe, huh? – Yeah.
他这样说吗 他…
That’s what he said? That’s what he…
他就是这样说
That’s what he said.
很有意思
That’s very interesting.
对 对 我也这么想
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I thought so, too.
我要感谢大家…
I want to thank you all for…
光临
coming.
我的家人
My family,
艾莉森和昆斯
Allison and Quince,
苏珊以及其他成员
Susan and the other members.
还有…
And…
很高兴又聚在一起 我知道大家都…
So glad when we can get together. I mean, I know you all have…
很忙
busy lives.
– 你是最忙的一个 – 没错 那是指你自己
– Look who’s talking. – Yeah. Speak for yourself.
是啊
Yeah.
我记得你们都还是小女孩时
I remember when you were little girls, and…
我喜欢小女孩
I love little girls.
现在你们都长大了 而我
And, now you’re all grown up, and I…
我有些话要说
I had some words prepared,
但是我忘了
but I’ve forgotten them.
等一下
Wait a minute…
我有很多话想说
There’s so much I wanted to say…

Daddy?
你可以坐着说
You could sit down if you want to.
好的
Yeah.
我有很多话要说
So many words I wanted to…
很多很多 但是
So much I wanted to say, but…
说不出来
I can’t, and so…
我最好坐下
Yeah, I better sit down.
继续用餐 请噢 还有一件事
Carry on, everybody, please. Oh, one other thing.
明晚再一起聚餐
Why don’t we all have dinner again tomorrow night,
好吗
okay?
– 又要聚餐 – 对

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!