– 她下周有空吗 – 不知道
– Will she be available next week? – I don’t know.
您好 先生
Yes, sir?
你好 我是乔·布拉克
Hello. I’m Joe Black.
很高兴认识你
It’s nice meeting you.
是的 布拉克先生
Yes, of course, Mr. Black, sir.
我的荣幸
A pleasure.
这是什么
What is that?
你说这个吗 先生
You mean this, sir?
是的
Yes.
是劳拉·斯卡德牌花生酱 先生
It’s, Laura Scudder’s peanut butter, sir.
你喜欢吗
You like it?
我觉得这是最好的
Well, I would say, in my opinion,
比其他牌子的好多了
it’s right up there with Jif and Skippy.
您想尝尝吗 先生
Could I offer you a taste, sir?
– 是的 – 好的
– Yes. – All right.
合您口味吗
Do you fancy it, sir?
再来一点
More?
好的谢谢
Right.
你是个花生酱爱好者 先生
You’re a peanut butter man now, eh, sir?
是的 我想我是
Yes, I believe I am.
我很喜欢花生酱
I thoroughly enjoy this peanut butter.
我也很高兴跟你们见面
And I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you all.
我再到处看看
I’ll be moseying on.
好的 先生
Right, sir.
你在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
我迷路了
I’m lost.
我今天好像躲不掉你
I can’t seem to escape you today.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
可以给我一条毛巾吗
Would you hand me one of those?
你一定跟我爸有个大生意
You must have something very big going on with my father.
– 大 – 是啊
– Big? – Yeah.
你突然出现在这
You appear at his side out of the blue,
住在他家 跟他家人一起吃晚餐
stay at his house, have dinner with his family.
这是史无前例的
That’s, practically a first.
你是生意当红炸子鸡
You’re in the red-hot center of big business,
我以为你只是平凡的乔
and I thought you were just a regular Joe.
我是乔
I am Joe.
不是我今早遇到的
Not the one that I met this morning.
他让我有触电的感觉 我很久没有这种感觉了
Hitting on me in as nice a way as I’ve been hit on in a long time.
当你知道我是我爸爸的女儿 你
The second that you found out I was my father’s daughter, you…
就像个陌生人
Well, you acted like a stranger.
我不是有意的
That is not my intention.
你本来想怎样 嗯
What are your intentions? Huh?
我是说 你想
I mean, just to
在咖啡店有场邂逅让女人为你着迷
make little dramas in coffee shops, turn a woman’s head?
我承认我被你吸引了
I don’t mind admitting that my head was turned.
我喜欢这样
I liked it.
但 十小时后
But, well, 10 hours later,
我像个傻瓜
I feel like a fool.
我不懂
I just don’t get it. I don’t.
你我爸一起在这房♥子里 这
You, my father, here in this house. It’s…
这让我很错愕 然后
It’s upsetting me, and I…
咖啡店的年轻人跑哪去了
What happened to that sweet guy from the coffee shop?
你到底是谁
Who are you, anyway?
还有你在吃什么
And… What are you eating?
花生酱
Peanut butter.
没有了
But it’s gone now.

No. Please.
你看起来像从没吃过花生酱一样
You act like you’ve never had peanut butter before.
我没吃过
I haven’t.
你过着什么样的童年啊
What kind of childhood did you have?
你爱德鲁吗
Do you love Drew?
什么
Excuse me?
你们亲吻时看起来很平常
When you put your mouth to his, it seemed a frequent thing.
德鲁不关你的事
Drew is none of your business,
我亲谁也不关你的事
and neither is where I put my mouth.
对不起 你住这里吗
I’m sorry. Do you live here?
不 乔我游完泳准备要回家了
No. Joe. I’m swimming heme and now I’m going home.
我想跟你说的是
Yes, I think what I’m trying to say is,
我想跟你做朋友
I would like it if we were friends.
我有很多朋友
I’ve got plenty of friends.
我没有
I don’t have any.
喔 我想我知道原因
Well, I can see why.
我不是在晚餐时故意冒犯你
I didn’t mean to offend you at dinner.
有时候我…
I’m sometimes…
跟人相处很不自在
not quite at home around people.
我一直在忙自己的事情
I get busy doing what it is I do.
而且…
And…
我感觉自己没什么发展…
I don’t seem to have developed…
然后呢
Yes?
我有职责要完成
I have a certain function to perform,
这占用了我大部分的时间
and it seems to take up most of my time.
有时候我思索…
But sometimes I speculate…
我没有机会去想…
that I haven’t left room for…
其它事了
anything else.
很遗憾 我懂你的意思
I’m sorry to say I know what you mean.

Well…
晚安 乔
Good night, Joe.

Yes.
祝你晚安 苏珊
Good night to you, Susan.
早上好 梅德琳
Morning, Madeline.
噢 早上好 帕里什先生
Oh, good morning, Mr. Parrish.
一切都好吗
Everything okay?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
很好
Good.
早上好
Morning.
早上好 比尔
Good morning, Bill.
你今天有什么行程
What’s on the docket for today?
行程
Docket?
没错 我们要干嘛
Yes. What shall we do?
我要去工作
Well, I have to go to work, and…
好极了 我跟你去
Splendid. I’ll join you.
你要走路还是坐车
Would you like to ride or walk?
走路
Walk.
我想要看看世界
I wish to see the world.
太疯狂了 这…
This is crazy. This is the…
超乎我的想像 我…
left field thing of all time. I…
我不知道我怎么解释这一切
I don’t know if I can get through this.
我该怎么告诉我家人
What do I do? What do I tell my family?
你会懂的 比尔
You’ll get through this, Bill.
换作是我 不会跟你的家人解释
As far as your family’s concerned, I wouldn’t say anything.
你会毁了昨夜美好的晚餐印象
You’ll ruin the great start we had last night.
大家都把我当人看
It felt as if I was being treated like a person.
左一句乔 右一句乔
Yes, Joe this, Joe that.
亲切的微笑 昆斯拿卷饼给我
A nice smile. Quince passed me the rolls.
没有你一直在强调的激♥情♥或者狂喜
No passion or rapture or any of these mighty things you’re so intent on imparting.
但是记住
But I am certain,
若你说出我的身分
should you say who I am,
这场冒险马上结束
our adventure would end abruptly.
我喜欢你的家人
And I did so enjoy your family.
不关我家人的事吧
What about my family?
这趟冒险只有我参与 对吧
This adventure involves only me, right?
什么意思
What do you mean?
我告诉你吧
I’ll tell you what.
你保证你只带我走还有
You promise this undertaking of yours involves only me and…
还有什么
And what?
我就不透露你的身分
I won’t tell anyone who you are.
听起来挺公平的
Sounds fair enough.
很好
Good.
成交吧
Is it a deal?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!