我介绍你时
When I introduce you,
我若是说出你的身分
if I say who you are,
我想大家都会跑光
I don’t think anyone will stay for dinner.
那就不要说
Then don’t.
有另一个方案
Here’s another possibility.
时间有点赶告诉我你怎么想
It’s a little last minute, but tell me what you think.
万花筒
Kaleidoscopes.
纯金小万花筒
Little gold kaleidoscopes.
蒂芬妮的德国制品品质很好
Some German company went kerplunk, and Tiffany’s picked all these things up,
是绝佳的宴会小礼物
and they’re perfect party favors.
它们不是针对个人设计
Okay, they’re not personalized or anything.
它们里面有冬天的景色腊肠狗和雪花片
They’re just winter scenes, dachshunds, snowflakes.
你好
Hi there.
哈啰
Hello.
抱歉去了那么久
Sorry to have stepped away for so long.
这是我一位朋友我请他顺道来拜访
This is a friend of mine I asked to drop by.
我们聊了几句 还有
We got to talking and stuff, and…
他要跟我们一起用餐
He’s gonna join us for dinner.
太好了
Great.
很高兴认识你
How nice to meet you.
爸爸 你何不介绍一下他呢
And wouldn’t it be nicer if my father would introduce you?
你好
How nice to meet you.
嗯 抱歉
Yeah, I’m sorry.
这是我女儿艾莉森她丈夫昆斯
This is my daughter, Allison, and her husband, Quince,
还有德鲁 我的第一得力助手
and Drew, my number one, works with me.
爸 你朋友叫什么名字
Daddy, does your friend have a name?
名字
A name?
我们怎么称呼他
Something he goes by?
喔 抱歉 这位是
Oh, yeah, excuse me. This is…
他是
This is…
爸 快点 他的名字
Daddy, come on. A name.
比尔 悬念快把我逼疯了
Bill, the suspense is killing me.
对不起 这是我突然忘记了
I’m sorry. It’s… It’s gone right out of my head.
抱歉 他是乔
I’m sorry. This is Joe.

Joe.
就叫做乔
Just plain Joe.
我喜欢这名字
I love that name.
我也是
Me, too.
嘿 你好
Hey, buddy.
还有什么吗
Is there any more to it?
什么意思
What do you mean?
他姓史密斯 琼斯或…
Like “Smith” or “Jones” or…
布拉克
Black.
终于
At last.
你好 布拉克先生
Nice to meet you, Mr. Black.
乔·布拉克
Joe Black.
1952年布鲁克林道奇队的明星投手
Won 15, lost two for the Brooklyn Dodgers, 1952.
我是体育常识之王
I’m king of my rotisserie league.
是吗
Are you?
是的 他是
Yeah, he is.
我们坐下吧
Shall we sit down?
这边
Right there.
我们见过吗
Have we met?
他从城外来的
He’s from out of town.
你到这边多久了 乔
How long you here for, Joe?
不一定
As long as it takes.
你跟比尔 是老朋友吗
You and Bill, you old friends?
不是
No.
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
我有了 谢谢
I have one, thank you.
我有个感觉你曾经做过生意
I get the feeling you’ve done some business before.
给我吧
I got it.
你以前有过什么生意吗
Have you done some business before?
我有一个现在正在谈
We have an arrangement now.
你刚刚说什么样的产业
What side of the industry did you say you were on?
我没说
I didn’t say.
乔感觉像个冒牌货 比尔
Joe sounds like a ringer, Bill.
我猜你已经遇到了瓶颈
I have a feeling you guys got the broad strokes already.
你要讲讲细节吗
You need any help with the details?
抱歉 在餐桌谈公事
I’m sorry, business at dinner.
很抱歉我有些失礼
Forgive me for being so rude.
没关系
Certainly.
嗨 大家 抱歉我迟到了
Hi, everybody. I’m sorry I’m late.
我跟部门主管用餐
I had to have dinner with my department chief.
你吃过了
You ate?
我来了 不是吗我不会错过这会议
I’m here, aren’t I? I wouldn’t miss a loose ends meeting.
现在在谈什么 宴会布置 花
What’s on the table for discussion? Party favors, flowers…
嗨 爸
Hi, Dad.
嗨 德鲁
Hi, Drew.
你在这干什么
What are you doing here?
你们认识吗
You know each other?
我们见过
We’ve met.
今天早上在咖啡店
This morning, the Corinth Coffee Shop.
他要 他在找位医生
He was… He was looking for a doctor.
看来他找到了
Well, I guess he’s found one.
乔 你很有一套
Joe, you do get around.
这是你的名字吗
That’s your name?
是个很棒的名字 不是吗
And isn’t it a lovely one?
又简单又有力
So sturdy, so straight.
别笑
Stop it.
随便问问 乔
Incidentally, Joe,
你住哪里
where are you staying?
这里
Here.
你住这里
You’re staying here?
这屋子里
In this house?
是的 这屋子里
Yes, in this house.
好 好 好
Great. Great. Great.
你不用了吗 乔
Will that hold you, Joe?
抱歉 你的姓是
Incidentally, Joe what?
布拉克
Black.
真有趣
This is fun.
是啊 是啊 昆斯
Yes. Yes, Quince, it is.
你在这里做什么
So, what are you doing here, Joe?
你干嘛不说话
Cat got your tongue?
你今天早上说了很多
You weren’t so silent this morning.
今天早上 嗯
This morning, yes.
我今天不太一样
I wasn’t quite myself.
可惜早上的你没来
it’s a shame whoever you were couldn’t be here tonight.
好了 苏珊 我们要谈谈
Cut it out, Susan. We’ve gotta talk.
明天很忙 大家加油
Busy day tomorrow, everybody.

Joe,
走吧
let’s go.

Yes.
你跟苏珊认识吓了我一跳
That stuff between you and Susan threw me.
你吓到了 有吗
Threw you? Where?
让我很惊讶
Shook me up.
我是说 你怎么认识我女儿的
I mean, how is it that you happened to meet my daughter?
我没遇见她
I didn’t meet her.
是被我附身的年轻人见到她
The young man I took met her.
这个男子早上跟她在咖啡店见过
That is, the fellow she encountered in the coffee shop this morning.
他怎么了
What happened to him?
我需要一个身体 比尔
I needed a body, Bill.
那么
So…
请进
Come in.
浴室、浴缸、毛巾、桑拿浴
Bathroom, tub, towels, sauna,
椅子、枱灯、床
chairs, lamps, bed.
如果还需要什么
Well, if there is anything else,
尽管说
don’t hesitate.
知道了
I won’t.
我试试看
I can try.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!