有运动员吗
Any jocks?
没有
No.
没有大赛冠军
No 20-game-winner,
有我可以聊天的人吗
Masters champion, someone I can talk to?
没错 帕里什先生 有位绅士站在门口
You were right, Mr. Parrish. There was a gentleman at the door.
他在前厅等你
He’s waiting for you in the foyer.
带他到书房♥ 跟他说我马上到
Show him into the library. Tell him I’ll be right there.
好的
Yes, sir.
我准备了礼品 银手镯送女士
I’ve arranged favors, silver charm bracelets for the women,
白金钥匙圈送男士
and platinum key chains for the men,
上面都刻了名字缩写
all engraved “W.P.”
但我觉得不好
But now I’m thinking of scrubbing them.
看起来太普通了
They seem so ordinary.
他们怎么样
Are they ordinary?
你觉得呢 爸
Do they seem that way to you, Daddy?
我不知道
I don’t know.
不知道 我
I don’t know. I…
让我瞧瞧
Let me see.
我不觉得普通
I don’t think they’re ordinary.
它们看起来很不错
I think they’re great.
我喜欢钥匙圈
I love key chains.
有人吗
Hello?
有人在这吗
Anyone here?
我说有人在吗
I said, is anyone here?
小声点
Quiet down.
你在哪里
Where are you?
我在这
I’m here.
这是什么 一个玩笑吗
What is this, a joke, right?
一个精心策划的恶作剧吗
Some kind of elaborate practical joke?
在我40周年的同学会
At my 40th reunion,
我们送了一个棺材到教授房♥间然后…
we delivered a casket to the class president’s hotel room and…
安静
Quiet.
你要去哪里 比尔
Where are you going, Bill?

I…
伟大的比尔·帕里什词穷了
The great Bill Parrish at a loss for words?
一个说出”狂喜激♥情♥”和”迷恋”等辞汇的人
The man from whose lips fall “rapture” and “passion” and “obsession”?
你叫人要变得非常开心
All those admonitions about being “Deliriously happy,
否则人生就没有意义
“that there is no sense living your life without.”
你给人这么多鼓舞的话
All the sparks and energy you give off,
乐观的建言 美妙的语调
the rosy advice you dispense in round, pear-shaped tones.
搞什么鬼
What the hell is this?
你是谁
Who are you?
回想一下永恒无♥界♥的世界
Just think of millenniums multiplied by eons compounded by time without end.
我一直在那个地方
I’ve been around that long.
但你最近的事…
But it’s only recently that your affairs here…
让我很好奇
have piqued my interest.
就说我无聊好了
Call it boredom.
我对你的事很好奇 出于本能
The natural curiosity of me, the most lasting
多种特殊因素结合
and significant element in existence,
所以我来找你
has come to see you.
做什么
About what?
我带你走之前想到处看看
I want to have a look around before I take you.
带我去哪儿
Take me where?
这需要有足够的能力智慧跟经验
It requires competence, wisdom and experience.
各界对你都非常赞扬
All those things they say about you in testimonials.
你被选上了
And you’re the one.
要做什么
The one to do what?
带我逛逛
Show me around,
当我的向导
be my guide.
作为交换 你得到…
And in return, you get…
得到什么
I get what?
时间
Time.
几分钟 几天 几星期
Minutes, days, weeks.
我们不必讲得太详细
Let’s not get encumbered by detail.
重要的是我感兴趣
What matters is that I stay interested.
是的
Yes.
“是的”什么
“Yes” what?
“是的”是你问题的答案
Yes is the answer to your question.
什么问题
What question?
噢 比尔 少来了
Oh, Bill. Come on.
那个问题
The question.
你最近反覆问你自己的问题
The question you’ve been asking yourself with increased regularity,
在奇怪的时刻 打手球激烈喘气时
at odd moments, panting through the extra game of handball,
赶飞机去德里时
when you ran for the plane in Delhi,
昨晚上♥床♥时 今天早上进公♥司♥时
when you sat up in bed last night and hit the floor in the office this morning.
一个卡在你喉咙的问题
The question that is in the back of your throat,
让你思绪混乱
choking the blood to your brain,
在你耳边不断骚扰
ringing in your ears over and over
一直跟着你
as you put it to yourself.
那个问题
The question.
没错 比尔
Yes, Bill.
那个问题
The question.
那个问题
The question.
我要死了吗
Am I going to die?
是的
Yes.
我在作梦吗
Am I dreaming this?
你是梦吗
Are you a dream?
我不是梦
I’m not a dream.
你是来接我的
You’re coming to take me?
这算什么
What is that?
你到底是谁
And who the hell are you?
你是
You are…
什么
Yes?
我是谁
Who am I?
死神
Death.
你是死神
You’re Death?
没错
Yes.
死神
Death.
就是我
That’s me.
你不是死神 你只是穿西装的年轻人
You’re not Death. You’re just a kid in a suit.
这套西装和身体一起被我附着
The suit came with the body I took.
给我你的意见
Let me ask your opinion.
适合我吗
Do I blend in?
你要我当你的向导
You want me to be your guide?
你很适合 比尔
You fill the bill, Bill.
是吗
I do?
你会待很久吗
Will you be staying long?
可能要一阵子
We should hope quite a while.
然后呢
And then?
就结束了
It’s over.
就结束了
It’s over.
帕里什先生
Mr. Parrish?
这位先生要留下来用晚餐吗
Will the gentleman be staying for dinner, sir?
是的
Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
太疯狂了
This is crazy.
你不能跟我们一起吃晚餐
You’re not gonna eat dinner with us.
不 我要跟你 还有你家人一起用晚餐
No, I am eating dinner with you and your family.
这是我们要做的
And that is what we’re doing.
这不是你能决定的 没有事情是
It’s not open for discussion, nothing is.
了解了吗
Don’t you understand?

Yeah.
很好
Good.
现在为我带路
Now lead the way.
比尔
Bill,
为我带路
lead the way.
对不起 我可以说句话吗
Excuse me, may I say something?
当然
Yes, of course.
我突然想到
Well, itjust occurred to me, if…
大声点 拜托
Speak up, please.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!