It’s good to get together.
给你一些提醒好吗
Do you mind if I raise a little caution flag?
你说吧
Raise away.
你为什么喜欢乔
What is the nature of your interest in Joe?
其实
Well…
记得你说过心灵悸动吗
Remember how you told me about lightning striking?
就是那种感觉
The nature of it’s in there somewhere.
我不会说你这样不好 但…
Yeah. Well, I won’t say you’re on the wrong track, but…
那你要说什么
Then what will you say?
我不认为这是你寻觅的悸动
I don’t think this is the lightning you’re looking for.
我是说 德鲁是好人
I mean, Drew is a good man.
我知道我以前似乎并没有完全支持他
I know I didn’t seem to be completely in his corner before,
但他真的不错
but I’ve come to appreciate that…
怎么变成喜欢德鲁
Now we love Drew?
而乔又不适合了
And Joe doesn’t measure up?
怎么回事
What’s going on?
没什么
Nothing.
你这样说”没什么”的时候 就是有什么
When you say “nothing” that way, it is not nothing.
– 有什么 – 有问题
– Then what is it? – It’s something.
那晚安了
Okay. Good night.
明天见
I’ll see you tomorrow.
晚安
Good night.
我知道你们和我一样开这个会议如坐针毡
I know you’re all as uncomfortable as I am to be meeting like this.
但我昨晚接到约翰·邦特科电♥话♥
But I got a call last night from John Bontecou.
他不只还有兴趣
Not only is he still interested,
他还要提高优♥惠♥
he’s sweetening his offer.
虽然要说这话很痛苦 我认为
Although it pains me to say it, in my opinion,
比尔·帕里什
Bill Parrish
先发制人
dealt with us preemptively
取消了与邦特库的任何交易
in dismissing any deal with Bontecou.
因此 我很遗憾的说 我们必须合理思考这个提案
Therefore, I’m sorry to say that if we’re to examine this new offer responsibly,
在座的帕里什传播的董事们
as the Board of Directors of Parrish Communications,
我们不经过董事长自己完成
we must do so without its Chairman.
还有另一个原因
There’s one additional element.
邦特科非常渴望得到我们
Bontecou is so anxious to get us,
他会成功合并帕里什传播 不论比尔赞成…
he said he’d take Parrish Communications with Bill Parrish…
与否
or without.
这是个危机 你们要知道…
In this crisis, and be assured…
这是个危机
this is a crisis,
我不想这么说
it’s not pleasant to say the following.
但是我必须告诉大家
But I would be remiss if I did not.
当我们告知比尔我们对邦特科案的决定
When we present Bill with the improved Bontecou offer,
如果他还坚决反对
and if he still refuses to let us consider it,
再一次做出…
once more makes…
独♥裁♥情绪化的否决
an adamant or emotional rejection,
我们只好…
we will have no choice but to…
你做得太超过了 德鲁
You’re taking this too far, Drew.
这不是我的义务吗
Am I not obligated to?
看看昆斯是否在这里
See if Quince is here.
这是怎么开始的
How did all this come about?
危机 比尔·帕利什
Crisis, Bill Parrish.
他公♥司♥的危机 我们的危机
Crisis, his company. Crisis for us.
这是因为乔·布拉克的到来而开始的
It came about with the arrival on the scene of Mr. Joe Black.
哪个乔先生
Mr. Joe who?
乔·布拉克
Joe Black.
他介入我们的董事会议
He attends our board meetings.
他睡在比尔家 整天跟着比尔在办公室
He sleeps at Bill’s house. He resides in his office.
形影不离还有
He never leaves his side,
我认为他一直告诉比尔该怎么做
and, in my opinion, is always in his ear, telling Bill what to do.
比尔是受了他的影响
And Bill is listening.
谁是乔·布拉克
Who is Joe Black?
他跟比尔·帕里什是什么关系 更重要的是
What is his relationship to Bill Parrish, and most important,
他对我们的董事长有什么阴谋
what is behind his influence on our Chairman?
比尔有之前有聘请顾问
He’s had advisors before.
但是没人可以影响他的决定
Nobody tells Bill what to do.
多谢你赶来 昆斯
Thanks for coming, Quince.
不客气
Sure.
嗨 艾迪
Hi, Ed.
大家好
Hi, folks.
我不知道大家都在这里
I didn’t know everybody was going to be here.
真是惊喜
Nice surprise.
你们在讨论什么
What’s with the new digs?
德鲁的秘密计划
Drew’s idea of cloak and dagger.
这是个秘密会议 昆斯
This is a secret meeting, Quince.
我希望你尊重此会议
I hope you’ll respect its nature.
请坐 昆斯
Have a seat, Quince.
现在我们要做的是…
Now, what we’re trying to do here is to…
请大家集思广益
to gather our thoughts
针对比尔反对邦特科并购案
in light of Bill’s rejection of Bontecou’s offer
然后对比尔做一个漂亮的报告
and to make an appropriate presentation to him
告诉他 我们对公♥司♥的发展是怎么想的
as to how we think the company might proceed.
你不跟董事们分享你昨晚告诉我的消息吗
Won’t you share with our board the information you gave me last night?
嗯 我很…
Well, I’m…
我很高兴跟大家说这个好消息
I’m happy to tell you I got good news.
我告诉德鲁
As I was, as I was telling Drew,
在跟邦特科谈的这段时间我接触了一些其他公♥司♥
I’ve been making a little hay while the Bontecou sun was shining.
两家或是三家公♥司♥都极度渴望与我们合并
Two, possibly three, new and boiling hot prospects for merger.
比尔怎么回应你
And how did Bill react to the leads you’ve developed?
他很有兴趣
He was interested.
是啊 但是他担心时机不对
Yeah, but he was concerned about the timing?
– 时机 – 他担心洽商时机
– Timing? – Yeah. he was cor-med about the timing?

Yes.
他说由乔来做决定
He says it’s up to Joe.
乔来做决定
It’s up to Joe.
当 当 当
Dum-da-dum.
这是什么
What’s this?
安妮做的
Annie made them.
谁是安妮
Who’s Annie?
谢谢 莉莲 她从拉罗萨来
Thank you, Lillian. From La Rosette?
她是全美国最有名的糕饼师
She’s only the most famous pastry chef in America.
这是香橙口味用上等的香橙烘制
This is orange, made with real Seville oranges.
这是柠檬口味酥脆饼皮
And, that’s lemon on a mille-feuilles crust.
我不喜欢蛋糕
I don’t like cake.
这是为了宴会准备的 爸
It’s for the party, Dad.
这该死的宴会
The goddamn party.
这该死的宴会
The goddamn party.
你们听到了吗
Did you hear that?
抱歉
I’m sorry.
这该死的宴会
The goddamn party.
– 别这样 – 这里
– Come on, I… – Here,
我试试这边这个
let’s try this one, right over here.
这太好吃了
This… This is terrific.
里面有掺伏特加 比尔
It has vodka in it, Bill.
有点伏特加 对吧
A little vodka, right?
水果调味的伏特加这种口味的 对吧
Has that fruity vodka, that flavored stuff, right?
比尔 你应该尝尝看真的很好吃
Bill, put your lips around this. It’s just out of this world.
我很抱歉 宝贝
I’m sorry, honey.
你知道我对这些不在行
You know, I’m no good at this.
你何不选你最喜欢的一个蛋糕呢
Why don’t you choose whichever cake you’d like?
我就知道你会这么说
I knew you were gonna say that.
什么
What?
你根本不在乎
I mean you just don’t care.
我♥干♥嘛做这些呢
Oh, why am I doing this?
我该去检查脑袋了
I should have my head examined again.
天哪
Oh, my God.
我想在这两天给我父亲一个世纪飨宴
I am trying to throw the party of the century for my father in two days.
– 他一点也不在乎 – 他是在乎的
– And you just don’t give a shit. – He gives a shit.
他一点也不在意
He doesn’t give a shit!
他有的
He does.
艾莉
Allison.
他是在乎的 对吗 比尔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!