If we commit a crime, what’s the first thing
目击者最先会注意什么
the witness is gonna notice?
车身烤漆
The paint job.
维多
Hey, Victor.
你会把烤漆弄花 老乡
You’re gonna mess up the paint job, homes.
别刮伤我的脸 大哥
Hey, don’t scratch my face, ese.
你看
Look, look.
露佩 好美
Lupe! Beautiful!
吉姆 你得来看看
Jim, you gotta see this. You’ve got to see this.
-快点 -请看
– Come on, Come on. – Check it out.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
喜欢
Yes.
他珍惜我
He appreciates me.
天啊
Oh, boy.
真希望你像那样珍惜我
I wish you appreciated me more like that.
你在看什么 教练
What you got your nose in, Coach?
“麦克法兰美洲狮 让人刮目相看”
“The McFarland Cougars are making an impression.
“以黑♥马♥之姿 击败克洛维斯高中”
It started with a stunning upset, beating Clovis High,”
“然后接连力克优胜美地和摩罗湾的获胜”
“but then consecutive victories over Yosemite and Morro Bay
“让赛跑界和所有人不禁纳闷”
left the racing community and everyone else asking the question,”
“这些麦克法兰赛跑选手 从哪儿窜起的”
Just where did these McFarland runners come from?’
真是好消息
Some good news for a change.
说得对
You said it.
吉姆 你有空吗
Jim, you have a minute?
听听这篇作文 是荷西卡登纳斯写的
Listen to this. It’s from Jose Cardenas.
“我们像黑鸟般飞翔 飞越柑橘树林”
“We fly like blackbirds through the orange groves,
“乘着暖风展翅高飞”
floating on a warm wind.”
“我们赛跑时 仿佛是地球的主宰”
“When we run, we own the earth.
“土地是我们的 我们听得懂鸟语”
The land is ours. We speak the birds’ language.”
“不再是移♥民♥”
“Not immigrants no more.
“不再是愚蠢的墨西哥人”
Not stupid Mexicans.”
“我们赛跑时 灵魂仿佛飞上天空”
“When we run, our spirits fly.
“和诸神沟通”
We speak to the gods.”
“我们赛跑时 仿佛是诸神”
When we run, we are the gods.
做得好 怀特
It’s good work, White.
对 荷西是好孩子
Yeah. Jose is a good kid.
我不是指荷西
I don’t mean Jose.
欢迎来到麦克法兰 白哥
Welcome to McFarland, Blanco.
你知道我从前的训练方式…
You know the way I used to coach,
我会专挑弱选手 魔鬼训练到他们变坚强
I’d take soft kids and kick their butts till they toughened up.
好笑吗
You think that’s funny?
你会打白人小孩 怀特
You beating up some white kids, White?
真好笑
I think that’s funny.
不晓得你知不知道…
You know, I don’t know if you know,
但如果我们继续保持胜绩…
but if we keep going the way we’re going,
你们有机会晋级州锦标赛
you guys have a chance to qualify for State.
真的吗
Really?
真的
Yeah, really.
但我的想法无关紧要 我无法帮你们比赛
But it doesn’t matter what I think, okay? I can’t do it for you.
也不用我来告诉你们
And I don’t have to be the one to tell you
你们的胜算不高
that the odds are stacked against you.
但如果你们…
But if you…
如果你相信自己也许很重要
If you believe in yourselves and maybe more importantly,
更重要的是想办法相信彼此 相信队友…
you find a way to believe in each other, in your teammates,
别人怎么想都不重要
it won’t matter what anyone else thinks.
那就是运动的美妙
That’s the beauty of sports.
我们誓在必赢 老乡
We don’t practice to lose, homes.
我是认真的 教练
I mean, Coach.
不能吃农产品 教练
You don’t eat the produce, Coach.
什么
What?
不能吃采收的农产品
You don’t eat the produce.
采收的第一条规矩 偷吃就会被开除
First rule of picking, you eat it, you’re fired.
天啊 抱歉 我不知道…
God, I’m sorry, guys. I didn’t…
你们都死定了
All of you, dead.
快点 怀特
Come on, White!
我们…
When we…
我们晋级后 你们的世界会截然不同
When we qualify, your world can start to look very different.
教练 应该说”如果”吧
Coach, don’t you mean “if’?
不是 我很肯定
No, I mean “when.”
所以开始思考
All right, so start thinking about what college
你们要申请哪所大学吧
you’re gonna apply to.
加州理大有…
Cal Poly’s got…
农业系 作物科学系…
Agriculture, crop science,
葡萄栽培系
viticulture.
如果你们早就略知一二 我不会意外
I wouldn’t be surprised if you kids knew half that stuff already.
你们好好考虑
Think about it, guys.
加州理大离这里只有几小时
Cal Poly’s only a few hours from here. All right.
周末还能帮忙父母采收…
You can still help your parents out on the weekend, but if you get a degree…
但如果你拿到学位…
You get a degree,
要努力用功才能拿到学位
and you have to read it to get a degree…
就能帮父母赚更多钱…
You’re gonna be able to help them out a lot more
比在田地采收赚的钱更多 好吗
than the money you make out in the fields. All right?
懂吗
Right?
事情很顺利 教练认为我们能晋级决赛
Things are going really well for me. Coach thinks we can make it to finals.
也许…
Maybe…
我能上大学
I can get into college.
大学
College?
劝你…
You know what…
别再读书了
Take your face out of those books.
读书会伤害视力
They’re going to ruin your eyes.
田地人家不需要课本
Nobody ever needed a book in the fields.
山有多高
How big?
我告诉你很多次了 丹尼 非常高 好吗
I told you 20 times, Danny, very. All right?
放心 那是训练的目的
Don’t worry. That’s why we trained.
我知道 但有多高
I know, but how big?
那么高
That big.
大家看好了…
Take a good look, guys,
因为这里是 我们晋级州锦标赛的地方
because this is where we qualify for State.
我们只要挤进前四名
All we gotta do is be in the top four.
就能晋级
That’s it.
你好
Hey.
恭喜
Congratulations.
拭目以待的队伍
Team to watch.
谢谢
Thanks.
还有拭目以待的教练
And coach to watch.
帕罗奥托已经注意到你
Palo Alto’s got its eye on you.
如果你有兴趣 很可能有机会跳槽
There could be something coming up, if you’re interested.
教练们 你们有三分钟
Coaches, you have three minutes.
谢谢 祝比赛顺利
Thanks. Good luck out there.
你也是 教练
You, too, Coach.
快点 -请看
Okay. Come on.
大家集♥合♥
Everybody, get in here. Come on.
丹尼 别再看山了
Danny, quit looking at the mountain.
山不会跑掉 你也不能落跑
It’s not going away and neither are you.
你没问题的
You’re gonna be all right.
我看过你的表现
I’ve seen you out in the fields.
你很刻苦耐劳
You’re an ox.
当你们在山上跑得很痛苦…
So when you’re in pain out there on this mountain,
我要你们记住 你们旁边的人也一样…
I want you to remember, so is the guy next to you,
你们前面的人也一样
and the guy in front of you.
哪个选手能撑过痛苦就会获胜
This is gonna come down to which runners can handle the pain.
我要你们看着他们
So I want you to look at them,
然后看着彼此 扪心自问
and I want you to look at each other and ask yourself,
谁比较强
Who’s tougher?
我相信你们比较强
My money’s on you.
队呼 丹尼
Call it, Danny.
1 2 3
Uno, dos, tres.
-麦克法兰 -加油
– McFarland! – Come on.
选手们 各就各位
Runners, on your mark.
好 开始了
Okay, let’s go.
短裤很好看

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!