No.
-田径呢 -没有
– Track? – No.
但你是赛跑选手 也许高中参加过比赛
But you ran? Competed in high school maybe?
没有
No.
太好了
Well, you sound perfect.
为什么跟踪我
Why are you following me?
你知道你跑得多快吗
Do you know how fast you were going?
你是警♥察♥吗
What are you, a cop?
不知道这辆旧车的车速表 有没有坏…
Look, I don’t know if this car’s speedometer is right,
如果这辆老爷车…
it’s an old car, but if it…
但如果没坏 你跑的时速将近20公里
If it is, you’re running almost 12 miles an hour.
就是说五分钟能跑1 6公里
Means you’d run a mile in five minutes.
所以呢
So?
你总是跑那么快
You always run that fast?
我没有车 好吗
I don’t got a car, all right?
-要搭便车吗 -不要
– Can I give You A lift? – No.
但请你别再跟踪我
But you can quit following me.
黄金西岸邀请赛最后结果
这是去年比赛的结果
These are the times from last year’s county meet.
如果汤马斯有参赛 这会是他的排名
And this is where Thomas would be right now.
前十名
Top 10.
全州十强…
Top 10 in the state,
他没有一双像样的跑鞋
and he doesn’t own a pair of decent running shoes.
吉姆 你也许没错
Look, Jim, you might be right.
但牵涉到太多问题 包括校董会
But there’s too many issues here, the school board being one of them.
如果我让校董会点头 你会支持吧
But if I had board approval, you’d back it, right?
当然 但那是不可能的事
Well, yeah, sure, but that’s never gonna happen.
加州公立学校体系 几年前预准六项新运动…
California public school system pre-approved six new sports
取得资金购买♥♥新置物柜…
a few years ago to get funding for new lockers,
猜猜包括什么
including guess what?
越野
Cross country.
还有越野教练
And a cross country coach.
对 白纸黑字 越野教练
Yeah, it says it right here. “Cross country coach.”
前四名能得到一瓶运动饮料
First four runners get one of these…
冰凉好喝
Nice and cold.
到起跑线准备
Get on the line.
各就各位…
On your marks…
预备…
Get set…
开始
Go!
强尼 别烦那些女生 过来
Johnny, stop bothering those girls and get over here.

Yes.
我要问你
I wanna ask you a question.
我班上的学生 对越野会有兴趣吗
You think the guys in my class would be into cross country?
我不爱乡村西部音乐
Country western ain’t my thing, boss.
越野赛跑 小聪明
Cross country running, wise guy.
为什么
For what?
要获胜 要比赛
To win, to compete.
要把妹
To impress girls.
这里没人获胜 怀特
Nobody wins around here, White.
人不用认命
Doesn’t have to be that way.
我看过你跑 你有实力
I watched you run. You can beat somebody.
要看我的心情
If I felt like it.
现在我没有心情
Which I don’t.
你呢
What do you say?
要帮我组队吗
You want to help me get a team together?
需要几个人
How many do we need?
七人
Seven.
你能从那个笨蛋开始
You can start with that knucklehead.
强尼 一定要找汤马斯瓦雷斯
Johnny, make sure one of those guys is Thomas Valles.
你好 大哥
Hey, ese.
你想参加赛跑队吗
You wanna be on the running team?
不想
Nope.
别这样
Come on, man.
考虑考虑 答应我
Just think about it. Say yes.
等等
Hey!
想问你们赛跑队的事
I wanna talk to you guys about a running team.
强尼
Johnny.
你想参加赛跑队吗
You wanna be on the running team?
我想参加
I’ll be on the running team.
你们想参加赛跑队
You guys wanna be on the running team?
小子
Hey!
逮到你了 卡登纳斯
I got you now, Cardenas.
你再乱来就要去少年感化院
You are this far from juvie, son.
荷西
Jose.
拿到我的零钱了吗
You get me my change?
我的零钱卡在贩卖♥♥机里
My change got stuck in the machine.
我请荷西帮我拿出来
I asked Jose to get it out for me.
你是在害他们 怀特
You’re not helping them, White.
你为什么要帮我
What did you do that for?
恭喜
Congratulations.
你刚加入越野队了
You just made the cross country team.
我叫你离我妹远点
I told you to stay away from my sister!
汤米 别打
Thomas, don’t do that!
汤米 别打
Tommy, don’t do that!
汤马斯瓦雷斯也加入了
And so did Thomas Valles.
帮帮忙 瓦雷斯 开心点
Do me a favor, Valles. Act a little happier.
教练刚让你不用留校察看
The coach just negotiated you out of a suspension.
丹尼狄亚兹
Danny Diaz?
我们需要七人
Hey, we needed seven.
七个赛跑选手…
Yeah, seven runners,
不是六个赛跑选手 和丹尼狄亚兹
not six runners and Danny Diaz.
丹尼是我们的强棒
Hey, Danny’s our anchor.
他会拖累我们
And he’ll drag our ass down.
别说了 普特斯
All right, knock it off, Puentes.
看看你那双腿有没有比嘴快
Let’s see if those legs work as fast as your mouth.
跑到艾莫桥回来 开始
Elmo Bridge and back. Go.
开始
Go.
等等
Hey.
我说真的 好吗
I mean it, all right?
你是我的强棒 丹尼 不是因为你很胖
You’re my anchor, Danny, and not because you’re fat.
你是有点胖 好吗 所以你最好减肥
And you are a little fat, okay? So you better lose some weight.
我为什么是强棒
So, why am I the anchor?
因为你会凝聚这个团队
Because you’re gonna hold this team steady, okay?
我失去你 就会失去你的兄弟
I lose you, I’ll lose your brothers.
你很重要 狄亚兹
You’re important, Diaz.
跑快点
Let’s go.
很热吗 老乡 累了吗
You hot, homes? You tired?
因为只要你想停下来
Because anytime you wanna stop,
我们无所谓
we’re cool with that.
真是无奇不有
Now I’ve seen everything.
你们继续跑
You guys keep going.
跑到桥回来
Down to the bridge and back.
我从这里帮你们计时
I’ll time you from here.
你在做什么
Hey, what are you doing?
不能放弃
You can’t quit.
天啊
Oh, God.
谢谢
Thank…
谢谢
Thank you.
我们去喝水
Let’s get some water.
维多呢
Where’s Victor?
有人看见丹尼吗
Anybody seen Danny?
他在那里
There he is.
比警车到墨西哥人的家还慢
Yeah, slower than 911 to a Mexican’s house.
那些是你们最好的跑鞋吗
Those the best running shoes you guys got?
我们只有这双鞋子
Best running shoes, school shoes, church shoes.
-很好 丹尼 -干得好
– Good, Danny. – Good job.
做得好 兄弟
Good job, hermano.
好了
All right.
穿起来
Put them on.
新鞋子
New shoes.
新短裤
New shorts, man!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!