Hey, White. Chop and channel your Jeep,
抛光打蜡 加强引擎重低音
glass finish it, crank up the bass,
安装液压系统 就不会那么突兀了
hop up and down… You’ll fit right in.
好 除非母猪会上树 驾驶是谁
Yeah, when pigs fly. Who’s the driver?
那是哈维
That’s Javi.
维多的叔叔
Victor’s uncle.
他刚出来
He just got out.
出来 什么意思
Out? What do you mean “out”?
出狱
Out.
哈维坐牢时 维多每天都擦亮那辆车
Victor polished that rig every day Javi was inside.
他爸爸呢
Where’s his father?
还在狱中
He’s still in there.
待会见 怀特
See you later, White.
进来
Come in.
我想开门见山地说
Right, I wanna get right to this.
詹斯教练告诉我
Coach Jenks tells me
你和他在比赛时争吵
that you and he had an altercation at the game.
-什么 -争吵
– A What? – An altercation.
我认为…
Well, I wouldn’t…
那不是争吵
I wouldn’t call it that.
不管是什么…
Well, whatever it was,
詹斯教练认为这样安排不妥…
Coach Jenks doesn’t think this arrangement is gonna work out,
他要你离开
and he’s asked for you to step down.
既然他是美足队教练…
Now, I feel that if he’s the coach of the football team…
等等
Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. You…
-你要开除我 -没有人要开除你
– You’re firing me? – Nobody said you were fired.
他刚要我离开 你没有反对…
Well, he just asked me to step down, and you didn’t say no,
依我的认知是你要开除我
which in my language means you’re firing me.
-等等 -我刚举家搬来这里
– Hold on. – I just moved my family here.
等等 吉姆
Hold on, Jim!
我不会因为某个…
I don’t have the staff to go around firing people,
吃苹果吃个没停 没有安全感的混♥蛋♥不爽…
because some insecure jerk who can’t stop eating his apple
就开除员工
got all bent out of shape.
-你…-闭嘴
– What did you… – Shut up!
你有机会表达意见 却让我帮你做
You had a chance to talk and you let me do it for you.
你能离开了
You’re dismissed.
-我被开除了吗 -你也没有
– Am I fired? – No, you’re not fired either.
快出去
Now get out of here.
听好 我不知道 你是不是常和队友不合…
Look, I don’t know if this is a pattern with you,
也不知道你们谁在球场上更混…
and I don’t know which one of you was a bigger jerk out there,
但我指望不是你
but I’m counting on it that it wasn’t you.
因为我需要体育老师和生命科学老师
Because I need a PE teacher, and I need a life science teacher.
我不知道你怎么想 但木已成舟
I don’t know how that sits with you, but that’s how it sits.
好 跑操场一圈
All right, run a lap.
开始
Go.
快跑
Go.
你好 洁美
Hi, Jamie.
你好
Hi.
今天上学上得怎样
How was school today?
就这样
It was okay.
能分我一半吗
Can I have half of that?
不行 但你能吃那一半
No, but you can have that half.
看见没有 兄弟
Yeah, you see that, carnal?
我比你快
I was down.
输的感觉怎样
How do you like getting smoked?
现在呢 老大
What now, jefe?
再跑一圈
Run another one.

Sure.
天啊 他们跑得真快
Wow. They are fast.
是啊
They are.
要再一圈吗
You want another one?
你选错运动 萨亚戈
You know, you’re in the wrong sport, Sameniego.
不再是了 教练开除我了
Not anymore. Coach cut me.
你也是吗
You, too, huh?
不会吧
Seriously?
你才上课一星期 就被美足队开除吗
You got fired from football? In your first week?
好了 别戳人痛处
All right. Don’t rub it in.
恭喜 怀特
Congratulations, White.
他们把你当成采收工
They’re treating you like a picker.
大卫 达马修 丹尼 快起床 迟到了
David, Damacio, Danny. Wake up – it’s late.
爸爸在卡车上等你们
Your father is waiting in the truck.
别睡懒觉
Don’t be lazy.
这个世界不会等你们
The world doesn’t wait for you.
愿神保佑你
May God bless you.
谢谢 奶奶
Thank you, Grandma.
大卫 达马修 动作快
David, Damacio hurry up.
要专心上课 尊重老师
Pay attention and respect your teachers.
待会见
See you later.
听说美足队的事不顺利
I hear football didn’t work out.
你需要找事填补空闲时间吗
You need something to do with all of that spare time of yours?
你有什么提议
What’d you have in mind?
移♥民♥家长会…
Migrant parent meetings,
读写课程 食物银行 支持团体
literacy programs, food banks, support groups.
这些家庭需要帮助
These families need help.
那不是…
No, it’s not really…
不是我有兴趣的事
Not really my sort of thing.
你住在麦克法兰 对吗
You live in McFarland, right?
你看过四周吗
You ever taken a look out there?
这是美国最穷的小镇
This is one of the poorest towns in America.
这些孩子不受重视 他们是牺牲品
These kids are invisible, they are expendable.
他们是田家子弟…
They come from the fields, and they go back to the fields
毕业后回到田地做事 除非被逮捕入狱
unless the prisons get them first.
你看见学校对面有间监狱吗
You notice we got one right next door?
我…
Yeah, I…
我看见了
I noticed.
很方便吧
Handy, huh?
怀特先生 我很清楚你不想待在这里
Mr. White, it’s pretty clear you don’t wanna be here.
但高中是这些孩子的黄金岁月…
But for these kids, these are the best years of their lives,
如果我们要作育英才 就是现在
and if we’re gonna reach them, now is the time.
但我猜那不是你有兴趣的事
But I guess that’s not your kind of thing.
谢谢
Thanks.
不客气
You’re welcome.
你认识那个孩子
You know that kid?
认识 他叫汤马斯瓦雷斯
Yeah, it’s Thomas Valles.
你知道他什么事
What do you know about him?
没什么
Nothing.
你喜欢他
You like him.
我没有
No, I don’t.
她喜欢他 开快点
She likes him. Get closer.
爸 拜托 别闹了
Dad, don’t, please.
-能谈谈吗 -当然
– Can I talk to You A minute? – Yeah.
介意我关门吗
You mind if I shut the door?
这件事需要关门
This requires a shut door?
越野赛跑
Cross country running.
今年加州主办首届州锦标赛
California is holding their first state championship this year.
越野 那是私立学校的运动
Cross country? That’s a private school sport.
我们不能和他们相提并论
They breathe different air than we do.
学生是平等的
No, it’s the same air.
你明白我们没有越野队吧
You do understand we don’t have a cross country team?
对 我不明白的反而是 为什么我们有美足队
Yeah, what I don’t understand is why we have a football team instead.
有几个学生
I mean, we have kids here
似乎有无限的赛跑潜力
who seem like they can run forever.
他们吃大量碳水化合物
They carbo-load on rice and beans.
能忍♥受极度高温…
I mean, they pick in extreme heat,
放学后有几个甚至跑回家
they go to school all day and some of ’em even run home.
我亲眼见过
I’ve seen it.
-真是不可思议 -是啊
– And it’s unbelievable. – Yeah.
你刚形容了 中♥央♥谷区一半的孩子
And you’ve just described half the kids in the Central Valley.
吉姆 我问你一件事
Jim, let me ask you something.
你当过越野教练吗
You’ve coached cross country before?
没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!