I’m not gonna repeat what he said,
那倒能解释她怀孕的原因
but it explains why she’s pregnant.
请坐 欢迎来到麦克法兰
Sit down. Welcome to McFarland.
没想到你这种资历的人 愿意来这种学校
You know, I was surprised that a man like you would want to come here.
但后来我读过你的档案
But then I read your file.
你用脏话骂球员 遭到圣保罗高中开除
Up in Saint Paul, you were fired for verbally abusing your players.
我没駡脏话
I don’t use profanity.
我只是想激励几个
I was just trying to motivate some boys
不懂努力价值的球员
who didn’t know the value of hard work.
还有和校董会主席大打出手
And a fight with the chairman of the school board?
意见不合
Difference of opinion.
还有最近这件事 你要解释一下吗
And this latest incident. You wanna tell me about that?
我绝不会再暴怒了
I lost my temper. It should never have happened.
再暴怒的机率是多少
What are the chances of it happening again?
下不为例
It’s not gonna happen again.
太好了
Pleased to hear it.
因为你已经走投无路 怀特先生
Because you’re running out of options, Mr. White.
进来 教练
Come in, Coach.
怀特教练 詹斯教练
Coach White, Coach Jenks.
这是你大材小用的新助理
This is your new overqualified assistant.
是吗
That right?
你姓”怀特”吗
The name’s “White”?
对
Yep.
还真白
Wow.
柏戴乔
Berdejo.
卡迪纳斯 迪纳斯
Cardenas. Denas?
是”卡登纳斯”
It’s “Cardenas.”
狄亚兹
Diaz.
狄亚兹
Diaz.
狄亚兹
Diaz.
那是墨西哥的菜市场名吗
It’s a popular name where you guys come from?
我们要走了
We gotta go.
等等 还没下课
Hold on, class isn’t dismissed.
真的要走了 我妈在叫我们
We gotta go, really. It’s our mom.
叫你妈妈等一下
Tell your mother she can wait.
你去和她说
You tell her.
怀特
Hey, White.
那是你家乡的菜市场名吗
Is that a popular name where you come from?
-你是…-普特斯
– Mr… – Puentes.
维多
Victor.
普特斯同学 平常体育课做什么活动
Mr. Puentes, regular PE class. What do you normally do?
-没什么 -没什么
– Nothing. – Nothing?
拜托 老乡 你真想毁掉这身肌肉吗
Come on, homes. You really wanna mess this up?
你要让我满身大汗吗
You wanna get this all sweaty?
真是自命不凡
Real peacock, huh?
这样好了
All right, I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do.
我们…
We’re gonna…
跑操场一圈就下课
Let’s take a lap, we’ll call it a day.
你怎么不跑
What about you?
我不跑步 老师
I’m not running, jefe.
我是美足队球员
I’m on the football team.
那是后卫球员的球衣号♥码
That’s a linebacker’s number.
输赢不在于体型大小 教练
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, coach.
而是决心
It’s the size of the fight in the dog.
要看对手的体型而定
Depends on how big the dog is.
大块头
Big dog.
集♥合♥ 集♥合♥
Huddle up! Huddle up!
他们不太强 对吗
They aren’t really good, are they?
给他们机会 女儿
Let’s give them a chance, hon.
也许爸会再暴怒
Maybe Dad will lose it again
然后我们又得搬家了
and then we’ll get to move somewhere else.
别说了 我不想再听这种话
Stop it. I don’t wanna hear another word.
加油 强尼
Go, Johnny!
停
Hut!
喔
Wow.
没什么
Nothin’!
你有看见吗
Did you see that hit?
好 回攻
All right. Return.
做得好
Good job, guys!
撞得好
Good hit! Good hit!
干净俐落
Nice clean hit.
强尼 强尼
Johnny. Johnny.
告诉我有几根手指
How many fingers am I holding up?
九月
September.
什么
What?
今天是星期五 好吗
Look, it’s Friday, man, okay?
特别组球员上场
Okay, special teams!
不行
No, no, no, no.
坐下 你不用上场
Sit down. No. You’re done.
教练 只有十个球员
Hey, coach, we only got 10!
还欠一个
We need one more! We need one more!
萨亚戈 过来
Sameniego, get in here!
不行
No.
我是认真的 坐下
I mean it. Sit down.
科提兹 上场
Cortez, let’s go.
真的
Seriously!
现在几点了
What time is it?
我猜是天亮了
I’m guessing dawn.
-爸 -什么事
– Dad. – What?
把它的脖子扭断
Wring its neck.
拜托
Please.
我会的
I will.
欢迎来到麦克法兰
Welcome to McFarland.
给我的吗
For me?
谢谢
Thank you.
我猜你要饲养它
Well, I see you kept it.
饲养什么
Kept what?
我知道你住的地方…
Well, knowing where you live,
我和索托太太很熟
and knowing la Señora Soto as I do,
她应该有送给你一只鸡
I’m thinking she offered you a chicken.
因为你来买♥♥饲料 而不是烤肉酱…
And since you’re in here buying feed instead of barbeque sauce,
我猜你要饲养它
I’m thinking you kept it.
聪明 先生
Smart move, hombre.
表示你有水准
It shows you got manners.
谢谢 你是…
Thanks, Mr…
山米罗萨多
Sammy Rosaldo.
从1962年在雪雾大道 开业至今全年无休
Open every day on Sherwood Avenue since ’62.
我是吉姆怀特
Jim White.
住在克利夫大道快一星期
Cliff Avenue for about a week,
但你已经知道了
but it sounds like you already know that.
我知道麦克法兰很多事
I know a lot of things about McFarland.
你知道有什么植物 能让我的花♥园♥更好看
Do you know anything about a plant that can make my garden look better?
你不需要植物 你需要树
You don’t need a plant. You need a tree.
树
A tree?
桑妮亚
Sonia!
那个花♥园♥的座向…
The way that lot faces,
太阳太烈 小植物会被晒死
the sun’s too hot. Fries up your little verduras.
幸好 我有棵小树能卖♥♥你
Lucky for you, I have a little tree I can sell you.
五年后 先生…
In 5 years, señor,
你就会有树荫乘凉的院子
you’re gonna have a nice yard with some nice shade.
五年
Five years?
我不会住那么久
I don’t think so.
杂货店有卖♥♥汽水
You know, they got sodas in the store.
水是免费的 怀特
Water is free, White.
你们做多久了
How long have you guys been at it?
从五点开始
Since five.
五点
Five?
五点AM 怀特
5:00 a.m., White.
“AM”是指早上 大哥
AM means morning, ese.
不是广播
Not the radio.
怀特 把吉普车的车身压低