好,莫里斯,那再见了
Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye.
再见
Are you alright?
你还好吗?
I mean, I haven’t even got a consulting room.
我甚至没有诊疗室
It’s an illness too awfully intimate for Jowitt.
这种病对乔威来说太私密了
You’re the only doctor aliveI dare tell.
我只敢跟你这个医生说
A secret trouble, eh? Yeah, right, well,
是私密问题吗?好吧…
Excuse me, my dear. Won’t be a moment.
不好意思,马上就好
Come along, then.
来吧
Now, now, now take your time.
别这样…慢慢来
And remember, of course, that this is professional.
记得,这是专业谘询
Nothing you say will ever reach your mother’s ears.
你说的话不会传到你妈耳里
It’s about women.
事情跟女人有关
Well, we’ll soon fix that up.
我们很快会解决这件事的
Fix me, for God’s sake. I’m done for.
替我解决吧,老天,我毁了
Now don’t be afraid of me. Now, when did you catch the beastly thing?
别怕我,你是什么时候得病的?
It’s nothing as filthy as that.
不是那么龌龊的事
In my own wrong way I’ve kept myself clean.
我因为错误行为而保持洁净
Oh, well, um, let’s have a look.
我们来看一下吧
Is that you in there, Dr. Barry?
巴瑞医生,你在里面吗?
It’s all right, Ettie.
艾蒂,没关系
I’m in here.
我在里面
You’re all right.
你没事
What do you mean, sir, by “all right”? – Well, what I say.
没事是什么意思?﹣我是说
You’re a clean man. Nothing wrong with you down there.
你是干净的人,你下面没问题
You could marry tomorrow if you like.
你想要的话明天就可以结婚
If you’ll take an old man’s advice, you will.
如果可以,听我这老头一句奉劝
So cover up now. It’s so, so drafty.
盖住吧,风很大
What put all this into your head?
你怎么会这么想?
You’ve never guessed.
你绝对猜不到的
I’m like Lord Risley.
我跟瑞斯里勋爵一样
I’m an unspeakable.
我是那种不堪被说出的人
The Oscar Wilde sort.
王尔德那种人
Rubbish…
胡说八道…
Rubbish…
胡说八道…
Dr. Barry, I can’t have explained.
巴瑞医生,我无法解释
Now listen to me, Maurice.
莫里斯,听我说
Never let that evil hallucination,
千万别让邪恶的妄想
that temptation from the devil, occur to you again.
恶魔的诱惑再发生在你身上
I mean, who put that lie into your head?
谁把这种谎言灌输给你的?
You, whom I see and know to be a decent fellow.
我认为你是正派的人
Dr. Barry, I want…
巴瑞医生,我想要…
No, sir, I’ll not discuss!
先生,我不跟你讨论
The worst thing I could do for you is to discuss.
我所做最糟糕的事就是跟你讨论
It’s not rubbish to me.
这对我来说不是胡说八道
Rubbish!
胡说八道!
I’ve been like this ever since I can remember,
我从有记忆以来一直是这样
without knowing why.
虽然不知道原因
Am I diseased?
我生病了吗?
If I am, I want to be cured.
如果是,我想治好
Find yourself a pretty young woman.
替自己找个年轻貌美的女人
She’ll soon cure you.
她很快就会治好你了
It’s unspeakable.
这件事不能说
Come, dress yourself.
好了,把衣服穿好
Oh, yes, I’m sorry. Of course.
对,抱歉,那当然
Ettie, whiskey.
艾蒂,拿威士忌来
Mine.
我来
Sir.
先生
(1913年,潘德史莱)
Bull’s-eye, one less bunny wunny
正中目标,害杜兰家失眠的兔子
for Durham to lose sleep over.
又少了一只了
What?
干嘛?
Oh, buck up, man. Corpore sano.
打起精神,健康的身体
Look out, mine!
小心,我来!
Damn!
该死!
Will you gentlemen wish to continue shooting? The mist’s coming down.
你们想继续打猎吗?起雾了
I suppose he thinks it’s our fault.
我想他认为这是我们的错
Very well, Scudder. We may as well pack it in.
很好,史卡德,我们到此结束吧
You’ll bring the game book up to the house.
你再把猎物清册拿进屋给我
Oh, cheer up, old man. What has got into you?
开心点,你怎么了?
Would you believe?
你相信吗?
it’s my birthday
今天是我的生日
Good Lord, is it really?
老天,真的?
I say, old man, many happy returns. Durham never mentioned it at all.
祝你开心,杜兰完全没提
Durham’s far too busy canvassing. Come on.
杜兰忙着拉票,走吧
Let’s toast it in chiskey.
我们来喝酒庆祝吧
That’s more like it.
这还差不多
Telegram arrived for you at midday, sir.
你中午有一封电报送来
Oh, thank you, Simcox.
辛考克,谢谢
There, you see? Durham did remember your birthday.
你看吧,杜兰记得你的生日
Shall we have that drink?
我们要喝酒吗?
Mm, two large chiskeys, Simcox.
辛考克,倒两大杯酒来
Very good, sir.
好的
(确认明天礼拜四之约)
I think I may have to go to town with you tomorrow.
我想我明天可能得跟你进城
Hall, old fellow, what a pity. You might have had more shooting.
霍尔,真可惜,你可以继续打猎的
Nothing wrong, is there?
没事吧?
No, have business.
没有,我有公事
Happy birthday, sir.
先生,生日快乐
Hello, did you have a good day shooting?
你今天打猎愉快吗?
Frightful.
可怕极了
It’s awfully rude of Clive to have been here so little,
克莱夫很少在家,这很失礼
but he’s working so hard.
不过他工作很忙
And I do think it’ll be a good idea for the poor if he does get in,
我觉得如果他当选对穷♥人♥有好处
don’t you?
你不觉得吗?
He’s their best friend, if only they knew it.
但愿穷♥人♥知道他是他们最好的朋友
You can’t worry too much about the poor.
为穷♥人♥担心再多也不为过
One must give them a leg up, for the sake of the country,
为了国家,有人必须拉他们一把
but they don’t suffer as we should in their place.
但易地而处,他们倒是没我们苦
I see we’re in the hands of the right sort of stockbroker.
我们找对股票经纪人了
Oh, here’s the Reverend Borenius.
波伦尼斯牧师来了
He’s joining us for dinner,
他要跟我们一起吃晚饭
do you know him?
你认识他吗?
He’s come to scold Clive about the tenants’ housing.
他来责骂克莱夫房♥客住♥宅♥的事
Now, he would say that they want love.
现在他会说他们需要爱
No doubt they do, but they won’t get it.
他们当然需要,但他们得不到
Mr. Hall.
霍尔先生
I scold Clive for being cynical,
我斥责克莱夫愤世嫉俗
but really, I think you’re being horrible.
但说真的,我觉得你很糟糕
I get used to being horrible.
我习惯当个糟糕的人
The poor get used to their slums.
而穷♥人♥习惯贫民窟了
After you’ve banged about a bit, you get used to your particular hole.
你住一阵子后,就会习惯你的地方
Everyone yaps at first.
大家一开始都会抱怨
I’ve had a telegram. I’ve got to go back up to town tomorrow.
我有电报,我明天得回伦敦
Oh, no, not bad news I hope. – No.
希望不是坏消息﹣不是
Well, in that case, it must be an amorous intrigue.
这样的话,那一定跟感情有关
Maurice has to go back to London tomorrow. – What?
莫里斯明天得回伦敦了﹣什么?
Well, that’s what he told me.
他是这么跟我说的
But damn it, he’s only just arrived.
可是他才刚来
He had a telegram. He’s being awfully secretive.
他收到一封电报,他很神秘
He’s being impossible. What about the cricket?
他真是的,板球的事怎么办?
I rather like him.
我挺喜欢他的
I have a private notion he’s in love.
我私底下认为他恋爱了
I think he has a little girl up in London.
我认为他在伦敦有个女人
Your hand, Pippa.
碧芭,换你
Darling – It’s all right, Archie, I’ll manage.
亲爱的﹣没关系,亚齐,我可以
Mr. Borenius, your turn.
波伦尼斯先生,换你了
Oh, forgive me.
原谅我
The family ghost again.
又有人灵魂出窍了
There’s the sweetest little hole in the ceiling,
天花板上有个小洞
Clive, can’t we leave it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!