他没有树立榜样
has regrettably attempted the corruption of his social inferior.
而是试图带坏底下的人
He is a man of considerable learning
他接受了良好的教育
who has taken advantage of the gullibility
却利用了底下的人
and the baser passions of his intellectual inferior.
容易受骗与低等的热情
Lord Risley, your guilt has been unquestionably proven before this court.
瑞斯里勋爵,本庭证实你有罪
As you are no doubt aware,
毫无疑问,你很清楚我有权
I am empowered to sentence you to imprisonment with flogging.
判处你入狱接受鞭刑
However…
然而…
in view of the promising career in politics,
鉴于你在政坛的美好前途
which has been terminated by your disgrace,
已经因为你的不检点而终止
and in view of the position in society which you have forfeited,
也由于你失去了社会地位
I am inclined to leniency,
我决定网开一面
in sentencing you…
判处你…
to six months imprisonment with hard labor.
六个月徒刑与劳役
Silence!
肃静!
I am satisfied that you will pay for this for the rest of your life.
我相信你的余生会为此付出代价
Take him down.
带他下去
All rise.
全体起立
Mr. Durham.
杜兰先生
A wit, a poet.
才子、诗人
Breeding. – Breeding, and now…
出身良好﹣出身良好,现在是…
legal legislator.
立法委员
Legal legislator.
立法委员
Clive Durham, barrister-at-art.
克莱夫·杜兰,文学家
To Clive Durham, our honored friend.
敬克莱夫·杜兰,我们引以为傲的朋友
Barrister-at-law.
律师
Mr. Durham. – To the most marvelous evening.
杜兰先生﹣敬最美好的夜晚
Come on,Clive, on your feet, Clive!
克莱夫,站起来吧,克莱夫
To the Durhams of Pendersleigh Park.
敬潘德史莱公园的杜兰家
Oh, I say, I’m gonna faint.
我要昏倒了
Mr. Durham! Morrie, quickly.
杜兰先生!﹣莫里斯,快点
Clive.
克莱夫
Get a pillow. Kitty, a pillow.
拿枕头来,基蒂,拿枕头
Ada, brandy.
爱妲,拿白兰地
Mother. – What is it?
妈﹣怎么了?
Fan him. Oh, – Morrie, what is it?
替他扇风﹣莫里斯,怎么了?
Oh, fan, fan, fan, fan him.
快替他扇风
It’s all right, silly to…
没事…
Uh, all right, I’m all right.
我没事
Certainly not, Maurice is going to carry you.
当然不好,莫里斯来扶你
Oh, oh, dear.
天啊
Um, Mr. Durham.
杜兰先生
Mr. Durham, try and put your arms around Morrie.
杜兰先生,用手勾住莫里斯
Come along, old man, up you come. – That’s it.
走吧,起来 ﹣对了
That’s it, Morrie.
莫里斯,对了
Come on.
来吧
Put your arm around me.
用手臂勾住我
Sorry. The doctor, somebody telephone.
对不起﹣去打电♥话♥找医生来
Sorry, Morrie. I’m a fool.
莫里斯,对不起,我出糗了
Oh, do be careful, Morrie. It’s rather hot.
莫里斯,小心,这很烫
Mother, you needn’t tell the others I kissed Durham.
妈,别把我亲杜兰的事告诉别人
He wouldn’t like it.
他会不高兴
No, of course not.
当然不会
I was upset and, and did it without thinking.
我一时紧张,没多想就做了
As you know, we’re great friends. Relations almost.
我们是好朋友,自己人
Mother, the doctor’s here.
妈,医生来了
Where shall I put the hot-water bottle?
热水瓶要放哪里?
You mustn’t do this sort of thing.
你不该做这种事
You mustn’t, it’s filthy.
不行,这很龌龊
It doesn’t worry me.
我不担心
I don’t say this just to please you.
我这么说不是为了讨你开心
You can carry on all night as far as I’m concerned.
你可以整晚都这样
Although the doctor’s coming up.
不过医生要上来了
He’ll see me like this.
他会看到我这副模样
I hope he does.
我希望他会
Oh, hello, Jowitt. Sorry to call you out so late.
乔威,抱歉这么晚把你找来
I’m just curious, chap.
我只是好奇
He, uh, he fainted at dinner,
他在晚餐时昏倒
and he can’t stop crying.
而且哭个不停
Been working hard?
工作太辛苦了吗?
Yes,

and now he says he’s going to Greece.
他现在说他要去希腊
So he shall. You clear out now.
那他就该去,你出去吧
Told your sisters none of you were to come into this room.
跟你姐妹说不要来这个房♥间
My sisters, yes,I’m looking after him. – You equally.
好,我在照顾他 ﹣你也一样
Miss Kitty has telephoned to the institute for a nurse.
基蒂小姐打电♥话♥找了一个护士来
Why is everything done in such a damned hurry?
为什么一切进行得这么仓促?
I thought a nurse might amuse him.
我以为找护士能让他开心
Can’t we amuse him?
我们不能讨他开心吗?
I can nurse him myself.
我自己可以照顾他
Oh, have you wheeling the baby next.
接下来让你推宝宝好了
Beg your pardon?
你说什么?
I suppose I ought to have the nurse.
我想我应该让护士照顾
Right.

She can make you more comfortable than I can.
她能…比我让你更舒服
Pendersleigh today? – Yes.
今天要回潘德史莱?﹣对
Mother, he can hardly stand up. What does Jowitt say?
妈,他几乎站不住,乔威怎么说?
He seems to think he’s well enough to leave.
他似乎认为他的身体状况能离开
Keep him there. I’ll get the 1:40.
别让他走,我会搭1点40分的车
Someone will have to talk sense to you people.
有人得让你们明白状况
Good-bye. What?
再见,什么?
Shall I send the car?
我要派车过去吗?
No, I’ll get a cab from the station.
不用,我从车站坐计程车
How much do I owe? – Fourpence, governor.
多少钱?﹣四便士
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you very, very much for being so kind.
谢谢你们的照顾
Well, I hope you get better soon.
希望你早点康复
We’ve enjoyed having him here, haven’t we, Mother?
妈,我们很高兴他来作客,对吗?
What are you playing at, Clive?
克莱夫,你在玩什么把戏?
You’re far too ill to travel.
你的病情没办法上路
I can’t go on being such a bore to your family, Maurice.
我不能一直烦扰你的家人
Don’t be absurd. – Such good friends.
少荒谬了﹣他们是好朋友
As he says, relations almost.
他说是自己人
Mother, Mother, get in.
妈…上车吧
Good-bye, Mrs. Durham. – Thank you so much.
杜兰夫人,再见﹣多谢了
Good-bye, Mrs. Durham. Don’t let your coachman bump about.
杜兰夫人,再见,坐车小心
Bye.
再见
Bye.
再见
Bye.
再见
Good-bye, and don’t forget his embrocation.
再见,别忘了他的药膏
And fuller’s earth, remember.
记得要用漂泥
I’ll tell cook.
我会告诉厨子
Terrible affair about Viscount Risley, sir.
瑞斯里的事情好糟糕
And him a parliamentary private secretary, too.
他还是政务次官
I did read he was at Cambridge.
我在报上看到他念剑桥
Like yourself, sir.
少爷,就跟你一样
You will never mention that subject again, Simcox,
辛考克,别再提到这件事
while you remain in employment here.
只要你在这里做事
I’ve become a barrister so
我成为律师
that I may enter public life.
(1912年春天)这样我就能进入政坛了
But why should I enter public life? Who wants me?
但我为何进入政坛?谁会要我?
Your mother says the country does.
你妈说国家需要你
Well I’ve talked to more people than my mother,
我比我妈跟更多人谈过
and I tell you no one wants us,
告诉你,没人想要我们
or anything really, except a comfortable home.
他们只想要一个舒适的家
But to give people a comfortable home is what public life is for.
但给人们舒适的家就是从政的目的
Is or ought to be? – Well, it’s all the same.
是目的还是义务?﹣这都一样
Well, “is” and “ought” are not the same.
目的跟义务并不一样
Quite right, Mrs. Hall.
霍尔夫人,你说得没错
You sound as if you have no use whatsoever for Greece, Mr. Hall.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!