我今天下午还有一个会
But I’m back tonight,
但我晚上会回来
and then your visit really does begin.
好好招呼你的造访
Now, gentlemen. We stand rebuked.
两位﹣我们愿接受指责
To the Olympic Games, Maurice.
莫里斯,前进奥♥运♥
Yes. Take him, Simon!
太好了﹣赛门,接球
No, wait, sorry, Maurice, sorry.
等等,抱歉,莫里斯
Get it in, Andy.!
安迪,进来
Sorry.
抱歉
Well played, Mr. Hall. Thank you.
霍尔先生,打得好﹣谢谢
Ah, thank you, Simcox.
辛考克,谢谢
I know, sir.
我知道
It’s all right. I know, sir.
没关系,我知道
Come on.
来吧
What sort of man was that keeper of yours who captained us?
那个当队长的管♥理♥员♥是什么样的人?
Scudder?
史卡德?
Well, he’s a little bit smart,
他还挺聪明的
but Anne would say I’m being unfair.
但安会说我不公平
You can’t expect our standard of honesty in servants.
你不能指望仆人有我们的诚信标准
What sort of background did he have?
他的背景是什么?
Let’s see, um, wasn’t his father the butcher at Osmington?
他父亲是欧斯明顿的屠夫
Yes, I think so.
我想是吧
Is your head feeling rotten again?
你的头又痛了吗?
Putrid.
痛死了
I do wish you’d think of Pendersleigh as your second home.
我希望你将潘德史莱当成第二个家
Just treat it like an hotel.
把它当成旅馆吧
Come and go when you like.
来去自如
Doesn’t matter if I’m home or not.
我在不在家不重要
Anne feels as I do.
安跟我的想法一样
Pretend to the other gentlemen that you want a stroll.
跟别人佯称你想散步
It’s easily managed.
这很容易处理
Then come down to the boathouse.
然后到船屋来
Dear sir, let me share with you once before leaving old England.
在我离开英国前我们再共度一次吧
It’s not asking too much.
这个要求不多
You should not resist me. You’re resisting me.
你不该抗拒我,你在抗拒我
Damn it, I’m not. – You’re less suggestible than you were.
该死,我没有﹣你比之前难催眠
Don’t give up. – I do not propose to give up, Mr. Hall.
别放弃﹣霍尔先生,我不打算放弃
Have I fallen short of your 50%?
我没达到你50%的期望吗?
I needn’t remind you that
我不必提醒你
your sort were once put to death in England.
你们这种人从前在英国要处死
I would advise you to…
我会建议你…
live in some country, France, Italy,
搬到某个国家,法国、意大利
where homosexuality is no longer criminal.
去同性恋不是犯法的地方
Will it ever be like that in England?
英国会有这一天吗?
England has always been disinclined to accept human nature.
英国一向不肯接受人性
I have not told you the whole truth.
我没告诉你全盘的事实
No, Mr. Hall?
霍尔先生,你没有吗?
Since I was here, I…
我上次来之后,我…
went wrong, with the gamekeeper.
跟猎场管♥理♥员♥…有不轨的行为
I’m terrified he may blackmail me.
我很害怕他会勒索我
Apparently, he’s quite smart enough to do so.
他显然很聪明,有这个能力
I have an idea that’s what’s stopping me from going into a trance.
我觉得这是阻止我被催眠的原因
He sent me a letter, you see.
他寄了一封信给我
Read it.
你看一下
“Come to the boathouse. I have key and will let you in.”
“到船屋来,我有钥匙,会让你进来”
No doubt he has a duplicate key,
他复♥制♥了钥匙
and an accomplice waiting up at the house.
还有帮凶在船屋等着
“I, since cricket match, ”
“自从板球赛后”
“do long to place both arms around you and share with you.”
“我很希望用双手环抱你,跟你分享”
“The above now seems sweeter than words can say.”
“这份甜蜜似乎没有言语可以形容”
“Mind and write if you don’t come,”
“不克前来请写信”
“for I get no sleep waiting.”
“因为我等你夜不成眠”
“So come without fail to boathouse,”
“所以请你务必来船屋一趟”
“Pendersleigh, tomorrow night.”
“明天晚上在潘德史莱见”
“Yours respectfully, Alec Scudder,”
“亚历史卡德”
“Gamekeeper to…”
“乡绅杜兰的…”
“C. Durham, Esquire.”
“猎场管♥理♥员♥”
I’m walking on a volcano.
我在玩火自焚
He’s an uneducated man, but he’s got me in his power.
他没有接受教育,但他却掌控了我
Will he have a case in court, do you think?
你觉得他在法庭上会赢吗?
I’m no lawyer, Mr. Hall.
霍尔先生,我不是律师
You’d have to consult your solicitor.
你得询问你的律师
My children playing overhead.
我的小孩在楼上玩
How did a country lad like that know?
这种乡下人怎么会知道?
Why did he come to me that one night when I was at my weakest?
他为什么在我最脆弱的晚上来找我
There we are, sir.
给你
Just a moment. Uh, ticket, please, ticket.
等一下,请给票,车票
(哈尔与霍尔证券经纪人)
Maurice.
莫里斯
What, uh, what brings you to London, Scudder?
史卡德,你怎么跑来伦敦了?
My, um, brother and I have, um, some business here.
我哥跟我来这里做生意
You ought to know what it is.
你应该知道是什么
I’ll be with you in a few minutes.
我马上就好
Let me just have a word with Scudder here.
让我跟史卡德说一下话
Something’s up at the mission.
教区有点事
Scudder, is it?
叫我史卡德?
“Alec, you’re a dear fellow,”you said.
你说“亚历,你是亲爱的人”
You did.
你说的
What mission?
什么教区?
What, you ashamed to be seen with me?
让人看到跟我在一起很丢脸吗?
Hmm, you’re not glad anyway. Don’t say you are.
总之你不开心,别说你开心
Of course I’m glad.
我当然开心
Then why didn’t you come to the boathouse?
那你为什么没来船屋?
I waited two nights. I got no sleep waiting.
我等了两个晚上,我等得失眠
Shh!
嘘!
I know something.
我知道一件事
I’m sure you do.
我相信是
I’m sure you could tell me a good many things, Alec.
亚历,我相信你能告诉我很多事
I know about you and Mr. Durham.
我知道你跟杜兰先生的事
This is your office, is it?
这是你的办公室吧?
What do you do here?
你是做什么的?
You shouldn’t treat me like a dog.
你不应该把我当成狗来对待
You was just amusing yourself.
你只是在解闷
I’ve never come like that to a gentleman before.
我没像这样接近过一位绅士
You said, “Call me Maurice,”
你说“叫我莫里斯”
but you never even wrote to me.
但你从来没写过信给我
You made a fool of me, and
你让我像个傻瓜一样
I can make you sorry for it.
我可以让你后悔
He’s big enough, isn’t he?
这很大吧?
Well, they must’ve owned wonderful machinery to make a thing like that.
他们一定有好机器才做得出这种东西
I expect so.
我想是吧
Mine’s got five legs.
这只五只脚
So has mine.
这只也是
It’s a peculiar notion, when you think about it.
仔细想想,这是特殊的想法
It won’t do, Mr. Hall.
霍尔先生,这样是不行的
I know what you’re trying to do.
我知道你想做什么
You’d do better to settle this, I can tell you.
告诉你,你最好解决这件事
You’ve had your fun. Now you’ve gotta pay up.
你开心过了,现在你要付出代价
I’ll leave you to think it over.
我让你好好想一想吧
Surely,
我知道
surely you’re an old boy at Mr. Abrahams’s school.
你是亚伯拉罕先生的学生
Now, now, don’t, don’t tell me your name. I, I, I want to remember.
别说你的名字,我想记起来
I shall remember…
我应该记得…
Um, you’re not Colgan. You’re not Smith,
你不是柯根,你不是史密斯
I know. You’re, you’re Wimbleby, yes?
我晓得了,你是温比吧?
My name’s Scudder. – Isn’t, I’m Mr. Scudder.
我叫史卡德﹣不是,我是史卡德
And I’ve got a serious charge to bring against this gentleman.
我要对这位绅士提出严重的指控
Yes, awfully serious. – My goodness me.
对,很严重﹣老天
I am really most, most frightfully sorry. I, I, I do beg your pardon.
真的很抱歉,请见谅
It’s seldom I make a mistake.
我很少犯错
Well, remarkable place, this, isn’t it?
这个地方很棒吧?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!