但我从你这边清楚明白
that all your servants had been confirmed.
你所有的仆人都施了坚信礼
I thought so. I did think so, Mr. Borenius.
我以为是,波伦尼斯先生
The trouble is, Mrs. Durham,
问题是,杜兰太太
that even if the bishop can be prevailed upon,
就算主教能被说服
I have not time to prepare him before he sails.
我在他离开前没时间替他做好准备
Mr. Hall. – Ah, Mr. Hall.
霍尔先生﹣霍尔先生
Simcox informed us that you’d returned.
辛考克通知我们你回来了
You’re in time for dinner.
你刚好赶上晚餐
Did you have a successful trip?
你这一趟顺利吗
That remains to be seen.
这要之后才会知道
Dinner jacket’s enough tonight.
今晚穿轻便外套就行了
I’m afraid we’re only three.
我们恐怕只有三个人
Pardon me, sir. Um, will the gentleman be shooting tomorrow?
抱歉,大家明天要打猎吗?
I don’t think so.
我想不会
Obviously not, it’s the cricket match.
显然不会,明天有板球赛
I’m sure, sir,I’m very sorry if I failed
我确定,我很抱歉
to give you and Mr. London full satisfaction, sir.
如果我没能让你跟伦顿先生满意
That’s all right, Scudder.
史卡德,没关系
Glad to see you down again so soon, sir.
很高兴看到你这么快又来了
That’s all right, Scudder.
史卡德,好的
The way that Scudder sprang his notice on Clive.
史卡德突然通知克莱夫
His brother has found him a job in the Argentine.
他的哥哥替他在阿根廷找到事做
His brother has got him the fare,
他的哥哥替他买♥♥好船票
so off he goes.
所以他要离开了
Excuse me, sir.
不好意思
The under keeper wonders whether you have orders.
管♥理♥员♥想知道你有没有事情交代
I saw him before dinner, Simcox.
辛考克,我在晚餐前见过他了
Nothing, thanks.
我没事,谢谢
Tomorrow’s the match. I did tell him.
我告诉他明天有比赛
He wonders whether the gentleman wished to bathe between innings, sir.
他想知道大家在比赛之间想不想洗澡
He’s just bailed out the boat.
他刚把船的水舀出来了
If that’s Scudder,
如果是史卡德
will you tell him I’ll come and speak to him directly?
告诉他我会过去直接找他说话
Very good, sir.
好的
Good night, sir.
晚安
Oh, Scudder.
史卡德
Good night.
晚安
They tell me you’re emigrating.
他们说你要移♥民♥了
That’s my idea, sir.
我是有这个打算
Well, good luck to you.
祝你好运
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你
Seems rather strange.
这似乎挺奇怪的
The Argentine, I understand. That’s right, sir.
就我了解,你要去阿根廷﹣是的
Have you ever visited it yourself, sir?
你去过吗?
No. No, England for me.
没有,我没离开过英国
Night, sir. Good night.
晚安﹣晚安
I’m off, then.
我要走了
An easy start tomorrow.
明天很轻松
Only Mr. Hall’s pleasure to wait upon.
只要招呼霍尔先生就行了
Mr. Hall’s a gentleman.
霍尔先生是绅士
Was that you calling to me, sir?
先生,你在找我吗?
I know, sir.
我知道
It’s all right, I know, sir.
没关系的,我知道
Come on,
来吧
lie down.
躺下
Sir, the church has struck. You’ll have to release me.
先生,教堂的钟响了,我得走了
Maurice.
莫里斯
Maurice.
我叫莫里斯
There’s the cricket pitch I have to help roll for the match, and the young birds, too.
我得帮忙布置板球比赛的场地
The boat’s done.
船弄好了
Mr. London dived splack into the water lilies.
伦顿先生跳进睡莲里头
They told me that all young gentlemen learn to dive.
他们说年轻的绅士都要学潜水
Well, I never learned to.
我没学过
It seems more natural-like not to let your head get under the water.
头不进水感觉比较自然
I call that drowning before your day.
我认为这是溺水
I was taught I’d be ill if I didn’t get my hair wet.
人家说我的头发不弄湿会生病
Well, you was taught what wasn’t the case.
人家教你的不是真的
Alec…
亚历…
did you ever dream you had a friend, someone to last your whole life?
你梦想过你有一生相守的朋友吗?
Nice day, sir.
今天天气真好
Nice day for the match. -Hmm?
今天的天气很适合比赛﹣什么?
Ah, he moved that ladder away at last, I see.
他终于把梯子移走了
About time.
也该是时候了
Now, sir…
先生…
what will you wear, I wonder?
不知道你想穿什么?
Will you put your cricketing flannels on straightaway?
你要直接穿打板球的长裤吗?
All right.

Oh, sir, in, uh,
先生…
Mr. Durham’s absence,
杜兰先生不在
the servants feel
仆人们认为
we should be so honored if you would captain us for the match.
你能指挥球赛是我们的荣幸
I’m no cricketer, Simcox.
辛考克,我不是打板球的料
Who’s your best bat?
你们最厉害的打击者是谁?
We have none better than the under gamekeeper, sir.
猎场管♥理♥员♥最厉害
Scudder, sir.
史卡德
Well, then make Scudder captain.
那就让史卡德来指挥
Pity, sir.
真可惜
Things always go better with a gentleman captain.
有绅士当指挥情况会比较好
Tell him to put me to field deep.
叫他安排我在外野
And I won’t bat first.
我不要当第一棒
Bat eighth if he likes.
他想要的话就当第八棒吧
You might tell him, as I shan’t be down till it’s time.
你跟他说因为时候不到我不会下去
Very good, sir.
好的
Oh, dear, sir. Mud on the carpet.
真是的,地毯上有泥巴
I’ll send someone up.
我会派人上来清理
Very good, sir.
好的
The captain’s put himself in to bat first.
队长派自己当第一棒
Clive Durham would never have done that.
克莱夫·杜兰绝对不会做这种事
Little points interest me.
我对小事有兴趣
He’s our best man, apparently.
他显然是我们最厉害的球员
I’ve an instinct the man’s conceited.
我觉得他很自大
He’s lasted very well. He’s playing more carefully this year.
他很厉害,他今年打球更小心了
Run! – Run hard, Roger!
快跑!﹣罗杰,用力跑
Throw it to the bowler’s end.
往投手那边丢
They’re going two.
他们要得两分了
That’s me.
换我了
Man in.
打者上场
Go for it. Chase it!
快去﹣快去追球
Jolly well done! Marvelous!
非常好,太棒了!
Well done.
很好!
After it, Graham!
葛拉罕,快去追!
Chase hard.
用力追
Get it in hard.
加油,快点,他们要得分了
Quick, they’re going three, they’re going three, chase hard.
快点﹣他们要得三分了
I do begin to see what you mean.
我开始了解你的意思了
Well, with a haircut.
剪个头发就行了
Go chase it, boy.
快去追
Wonderful!
太好了!
Keep it up.
加油
Jolly well done, Hall! Bravo, bravo, well done.
霍尔,很好﹣太好了…
Scudder’s holding the fort for you.
史卡德替你守住阵地
He’s doing rather well.
他打得很好﹣出局
Well, I suppose I’d better play for a bit,
我想我最好玩一下
please these people.
取悦一下这些人
Over.
结束
Simon.
赛门
Andrew, down to point.
安德鲁,到防守位置
Clive. Maurice.
克莱夫﹣莫里斯
Aren’t you exhausted? Well, I’ve had meetings till midnight.
你不累吗?﹣我开会开到半夜
I’ve got another this afternoon.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!