You can find Maud Lewis
现在茉娣·刘易斯
still selling her paintings from the front steps…
依然在新斯科舍省马歇尔镇
…of her little house here in Marshalltown, Nova Scotia.
她家小屋的门口出♥售♥她的画作
– Take it easy there, Ida. – Hold my arm. That’s it.
-走慢点,艾达 -抓着我的胳膊,就是这样
There we go.
好了
Door.
开门
I’m good.
我没事
I saw you.
我看到你了
On the news.
在新闻里
You lucked into it with her, didn’t you?
是你运气好碰上了她,对吗?
She’s all smiles, and you nothing but grumbles.
她满面笑容,而你只会抱怨
Wait.
等等
I want you to tell her to come see me.
我希望你转告她,让她来见我
Please.
拜托了
I can do it. I can do it. Go.
我可以的,走吧
Never you mind about how sick she was.
你别管她病得有多重
I asked you a question. What…
我问了你一个问题,怎么…
怎么了?
Oh, what?
Was I nasty on the TV?
我在电视里显得脾气不好吗?
No, Everett.
不,埃弗雷特
Well, everyone’s giving me queer looks.
大家看我的眼神都怪怪的
Talking about me behind my back.
背着我说我的坏话
Never mind what other people are doing.
别管别人的想法
Everyone thinks you’re as sweet as pie.
大家都觉得你甜美可人
They don’t know. They don’t know what you’re like to live with.
他们不知道和你生活在一起 是什么样的感受
– Is that right? – Yeah.
-是这样吗? -对
– Get up. – What? Where are we going?
-起来 -干什么?要去哪儿?
– Get up. – Where are we going?
-起来 -要去哪儿?
– 艾达姨妈家 – 不
– Aunt Ida’s. – No.
– Yeah. – Putting my foot down.
-对 -我坚决不去
我不去
– Huh? – Not going.
什么? 埃弗雷特
What? Everett!
What if she dies and I didn’t get to say goodbye, huh?
万一她死了,而我没机会告别呢?
What if I die and you’re not here,
万一我死了,而你不在家
and you didn’t get to say goodbye?
你没有机会告别呢?
– You’re being silly. – No. Not taking you.
– 你这是胡闹 -不,我不带你去
I don’t need you. I can get there on my own.
-我不需要你 我可以自己去
You don’t even… you don’t even know how to drive.
你都不知道怎么开车
Well, no.
对,我不知道
I know how to walk.
我知道怎么走路
Give me that.
把包给我
Good to see you, Ida.
很高兴见到你,艾达
I watched you on the TV.
我在电视上看到你了
是吗? 你觉得怎么样?
Did you? What did you think?
You’re the only one in our family who ended up happy.
我们家只有你最后过得幸福
Well…
好吧
…yeah, suppose I did.
也许是吧
I don’t wanna die…
我不想临死…
– …full of regrets. – Yeah, I know.
-还满怀遗憾 -我知道
I know.
我知道
I regret…
我后悔…
…not letting you hold her, at least.
都没让你至少抱她一下
What’s that?
什么?
Your baby.
你的孩子
我知道
I know.
你这样做是为了保护我,我知道
You did it to protect me. I know that.
You know, she was…
要知道,她…
…real deformed, so, you know.
是畸形儿,所以
She wasn’t deformed.
她没有畸形
She wasn’t deformed?
她没有畸形?
Why’d she die, huh?
那她为什么死了?
She didn’t.
她没有死
What?
什么?
Charles sold her.
查尔斯卖♥♥了她
He did what?
他什么?
He sold her to a good home. Older people.
他把她卖♥♥给了一户好人家 一对年纪大的夫妇
We didn’t think that you’d be able to take care of a child.
我们当时觉得你无法照顾孩子
Charles and…
查尔斯和…
…and I decided.
和我一起决定的
I was told she’s…
我听说她…
…she’s been well-loved.
她很受爱护
Is she crooked or what?
她是驼背还是怎么的?
She was fine.
她很正常
I gotta go now.
我要走了
Never asked for this.
我从没想过过这样的日子
Get up in the morning.
一大早起来
People.
全是人
Come home from work.
工作完回家
People.
全是人
Got my face on the TV…
我的脸上了电视
…for all the world to laugh at.
被全世界的人嘲笑
– Everett, listen to me. Ida…
-埃弗雷特,听我说,艾达…
– No, you listen to me.
-不,你听我说
You think that you’re too good for me.
你觉得我配不上你
That you don’t need me anymore.
你不需要我了
Well, that’s fine. You go find someone else.
那没有关系,你可以去找其他人
Fine. If that’s what you want.
没关系,如果你想这样的话
– My baby, Charles. They sold her. – Give up on that goddamn baby!
-我的孩子,查尔斯,他们卖♥♥了她! -别再提那孩子了!
Nothing but that baby, the brother, the baby!
总是说那孩子,你哥哥,你孩子!
Nothing but misery. My brother, my baby.
只有痛苦 我哥哥,我孩子
She lived.
她还活着。
I thought she died. She lived.
我以为她死了,但她还活着
More pain.
更多的痛苦
Ever since you stepped into my life.
自从你出现在我的生活之中
Nothing but pain.
全都是痛苦
I was better off without you.
没有你我能过得更好
– What, are you gonna get out? – Yeah.
-怎么,你要下车? -对
Well, good riddance!
那我可是解脱了!
Come in, Maud.
进来,茉娣
Thanks.
谢谢
Sorry.
打扰了
I’ve made up a bed in the spare room.
我在客房♥铺好了床
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
Maud…
茉娣
…can you teach me how to paint?
你能教我画画吗?
No one can teach that.
没有人能教画画
If you wanna paint, you paint, I suppose.
如果你想画,你自然就画出来了
I don’t go nowhere, so…
我不外出,所以…
…paint from memory, I suppose.
我是凭记忆画的
I make my designs up.
我自己设计
I’ve known you four years, Maud.
我认识你好几年了,茉娣
– Yeah. – It’s true.
-是啊 -没错
I know.
我知道
And I’m still trying to figure out what makes you tick.
我还是搞不明白 你是从哪儿来的灵感
Don’t know.
我也不知道
Don’t… I don’t want for much, you know?
我想要的不多,你知道吗?
As long as I got a brush in front of me, I don’t care.
只要我面前有一支笔刷 我就不在乎了
A window.
一扇窗
I love a window.
我喜欢窗
A bird whizzing by.
一只鸟儿呼啸而过
Bumblebee.
大黄蜂
It’s always different.
每一刻都不同
The whole of life.
浮生一切
The whole of life already framed.
浮生一切都已被框成一幅画
Right there.
就在那里
Something up, pal?
出什么事了吗,兄弟?
Well, she left me.
她离开我了
About time, eh?
早该走了
EVERETT: You’d never last here.
你不可能在这久住

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!