…the plain, white cotton sock.
朴素的白色棉袜
– Yeah. – No.
-对 -不
– Mm-hmm. – You’d be royal blue.
你会是宝蓝色的
Canary yellow.
金丝雀黄色的
Wiseass.
就你聪明
That’s better.
这样好多了
Yeah, yeah. Yeah. No, over. No.
对 不,过来点,不
(出♥售♥画作)
对 不,过来点,不
– Yeah. There you are. – It’s okay?
-这样好了 -可以了吗?
Don’t nail it.
-别钉上去
No, not gonna… not gonna nail it.
-不,我不会钉上去的
Just don’t want it to fall over.
只是不想它掉下来
There we go.
好了
There we go.
好了
– I can see you. – Yeah, I see you.
-我看得到你 -对,我也看得到你
– Good? – Mm-hmm.
好吗?
(出♥售♥画作)
“Her paintings can be found on display at her home…
“她的画作被陈列在 她在新斯科舍省…”
“…in Marshalltown, Nova Scotia…
“马歇尔镇的家中”
…where she lives with her husband Everett Lewis.”
“她同丈夫埃弗雷特·刘易斯 一起住在那里”
See? Do mention you in here.
看?提到你了
– Let me see that.
我来看看
– “A local fish peddler.”
“一位当地的鱼贩”
“Everett Lewis.
“埃弗雷特·刘易斯”
– A local fish peddler.”
“当地鱼贩”
– There it is. -There you are. (LAUGHS)
-在这里 -你就在这里
Can I help you?
需要帮忙吗?
查尔斯?
– Charles?
妹妹
– Sister.
你在这里做什么?
What are you doing here?
我听说了…在报上看到了你
Well, I heard… read about you.
想要亲自过来看看
Wanted to come see for myself.
成了艺术家吗?
An artist, huh? (LAUGHS)
我们小时你从没叫过我艺术家
You never called me an artist when we were young.
现在也没什么区别
– Oh… – No different now.
– Want a cup of tea, Charles? – Oh, no, no.
-要喝茶吗,查尔斯? -不用了
– Thank you for asking, though. – Mm-hmm.
但还是多谢
So, uh, where’s your, uh…
所以你的…
…your man?
你的男人在哪?
Out on his rounds, I suppose.
大概是出去做生意了
Be back soon, if you wanna meet him.
他很快就回,如果你想见他的话
Oh, I don’t have much time. I just wanted to…
不,我时间不多,我只是想…
…come by and maybe get one of your paintings, huh?
过来,也许买♥♥一张你的画
Yeah.

Aunt Ida said you don’t see a nickel of money from these paintings.
艾达姨妈说,你卖♥♥画的钱 自己一分都见不着
– That right? – Yeah.
-是这样的吗? -没错
What’s he doing with your money, Maud?
他拿你的钱做什么了,茉娣?
Why isn’t he building onto the house?
他为什么不扩建这房♥子?
Getting the place wired?
拉上电线?
Why would he wanna do that?
他为什么要这样做?
It’s his house. His choice.
这是他的房♥子,由他做主
Yeah, but you’re capable of making decisions, aren’t you, Maud?
对,但你也有能力做决定,对吗 茉娣?
– Oh, yes. – Yeah?
-对 -是吗?
Yes, I am.
没错
You know, Maud…
要知道,茉娣
…you need someone
你需要一个人
to give you advice on how to handle your money.
来建议你怎么管理你的钱
Someone a little more savvy than him. Someone who…
一个比他见识更广的人,一个…
Like you?
比如你?
– Well, I know money, yeah.
我懂怎么管钱,没错
– You know debt.
你只知道欠债
Selling Mom’s house.
卖♥♥了妈妈的房♥子
You like money too much, Charles.
你对钱太痴迷,查尔斯
– Hello. – Everett.
-你好 -埃弗雷特
Hmm?
My brother, Charles.
我哥哥查尔斯
Hello.
你好
– He come to buy a painting. – Mm-hmm.
他过来买♥♥画
Just, uh, which one, huh?
只是,哪一张呢?
Big ones are $5.
大的五块钱
Are you gonna buy one, or what?
你到底买♥♥不买♥♥?
Yeah. Just grab one.
买♥♥,就这张吧
That one’s $6.
那张六块钱
– Price gone up. – Six?
-价格涨了 -六块钱?
我只有…
I only…
这真好看
– It’s… it’s lovely.
再见,查尔斯
– Bye, Charles.
Goodbye, sister.
再见,妹妹
Get out.
出去
Got a letter today.
今天收到一封信
From Vice President Nixon.
是副总统尼克松寄来的
What’d he want?
他想要什么?
A painting.
一幅画
– A painting? – Mm-hmm.
一幅画?
Unless he sends money for a painting…
除非他送钱来买♥♥画
…won’t send him any.
否则我是不会给他的
好 这样很好
Good. That’s good.
也许那时我们就能买♥♥扇纱门了
Maybe then we can afford a screen door.
Don’t need a screen door.
我们不需要纱门
I’m the one working 14 hours a day…
是我每天工作14个小时
…so you can just sit there in the corner and paint away.
好让你坐在角落里画画
我的画也赚钱
Oh? My paintings earn money.
对,赚个额外几块钱
Yeah. Bring in a few pennies.
但做事的人是我
But I’m the one doing all the work.
– Right?
对吧?

– Yeah.
让你生火火都会灭掉
– You can’t even keep the fire going.
I want a cup of tea when I get home.
我希望回家的时候能喝口茶
– Gets hot in here in the day. – Yeah, so? Open the door.
-白天屋子很热 -所以呢?那就开门
Then the flies get in.
然后苍蝇就会飞进来
– That’s why we need a screen door. – No screen door.
-所以我们需要纱门 -不装纱门
Can I get you to hold it up a little bit higher, please?
能请你举得高些吗?
Thank you.
谢谢
好了 画这幅画需要多久,茉娣?
All right. How long did it take you to make this painting, Maud?
Two… two or three days.
两到三天
Two days? Two or three days, yes?
两天?两到三天吗?
Do you enjoy painting?
-你喜欢画画吗?
Oh, yes. I’ve been doing it all my life.
-是的 ,-我一直都画不停笔
Mr. Lewis, come out, please.
-刘易斯先生,请出来
Join us.
一起来
Can I get you to look towards the camera this way, Mr. Lewis?
能朝这边的摄像机看一下吗 刘易斯先生?
再微笑一下? 很好,谢谢
And smile, maybe? Nice. Thank you.
Now, you’ve painted most of the house.
你几乎在屋内画满了画
Well, I started with the birds and the flowers.
我一开始时画了些鸟和花
Over there.
那边的
And he didn’t tell me to stop, so…
他没有让我停下,所以…
…kept going.
我就继续画了
Everett, you must feel very lucky to have Maud as your wife.
埃弗雷特,有茉娣做你的妻子 你一定十分幸运
Maud Lewis has been an artist most of her life.
茉娣·刘易斯这一生中 大多数时间都在画画
Her paintings have even been sold to Vice President Nixon.
她的画作甚至出♥售♥给了 副总统尼克松
This happy couple, who only live with the bare necessities of life…
这对幸福的夫妻 仅靠最基础的必需品生活
…and yet somehow, they flourish.
然而他们依然蒸蒸日上
I chop the wood.
我砍柴
I do the dishes. Now all she does is paint.
我洗碗,她现在只需要画画
Paint a picture a day.
一天一幅画
Paint all seasons.
四季都画
I told her a wife is supposed to mind her husband.
我告诉她妻子应该照顾丈夫
但她只是随心所欲
She does as she likes.
Who would have thought this little, arthritic woman…
谁能想到这位居住在社会边缘
…living on the fringe of society…
个子小小、患有关节炎的女性 会达到如此
…would have such incredible and far-reaching success?
影响力深远的成功?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!