大老远从纽约来的
Who told you you could paint fairies on the wall, huh?
谁让你在墙上画精灵的?
They’re not fairies.
这不是精灵
They’re birds.
那是鸟
Well, who told you you could do that, huh?
那是谁允许你画那个的?
Well, you did.
是你
– What? – You said… you said…
-什么? -你说的
“…Make the place look all right.”
“让这地方看起来舒服点”
I think it looks all right.
我觉得这样看起来舒服
No painting in this corner, huh?
这个角落不许画画,知道了吗?
I don’t want paint on my boots. No paint on my gear.
我不希望我的靴子和设备上面 沾到颜料
The rest is fine.
其它地方没关系
Birds or fairies, I don’t mind.
鸟还是精灵的,我不在乎
I won’t do that.
我不会这样的
Good?
好吃吗?
Long day?
今天很累吗?
Hm.
Must be hard running a business.
做生意一定很辛苦
My brother Charles used to run one of them jazz clubs…
我哥哥查尔斯以前开过一家
…for a while.
爵士乐俱乐部
People always on his back for money he owed them.
总有债主找他还债
I never owe nobody nothing.
我从没欠过别人什么
Charles said the same thing.
查尔斯也是这么说的
Couldn’t prove it, you see.
但无法证明
People are stupid.
人很傻
– You’re not. – Mm.
你不傻,
You keep track of it all in your head.
你脑子里全都记着
Most people can’t, you see.
大多数人都做不到
That’s why you gotta write it all down.
所以你要把这些都写下来
I can write it down for you, if you like.
如果你愿意的话,我可以帮你写
I’m good at writing.
我很擅长写字
So…
所以
…who…

…owes…
欠了
…Everett…
埃弗雷特
…Lewis?
刘易斯?
Hm?
– Donovan.
多诺万
– Donovan.
多诺万
– Donovan. – Owes me for six fish.
-多诺万 -欠我六条鱼的钱
Six fish.
六条鱼
– What? – That is a bird.
-什么?-那是一只鸟
That, I don’t know what that is, but it’s not a bird.
我不知道那是什么,反正不是一只鸟
That is finished.
这个是画完了的
It’s got a beak on it.
上面有喙
That ain’t got no beak on it yet.
那个还没有画喙
Are you gonna do that?
你会这么做吧…
Are we ready to get married?
我们会结婚吧
Costs money.
费钱
Foolish.
真笨
Only if you invite people and stuff.
除非你请人过来
Give them supper.
请他们吃饭
You gotta pay a fee for a license.
结婚证要钱
– Hm? – Hm.
Yep.

Charles had a fancy wedding.
查尔斯的婚礼很豪华
I thought I wouldn’t do that.
我想过我不会这样
I’d do it cheap.
我想要办得简朴一些
Wouldn’t invite anyone.
谁都不请
– Wouldn’t do what Charles did.
-不要像查尔斯那样
– Why you talking about him?
-你为什么要提起他?
Well…
…you plan on doing what you’re doing,
如果你想继续做你现在做的事情
think we should get married.
那我们应该结婚
I don’t wanna get in that sort of trouble again.
我不想再惹这种麻烦了
What kind of trouble?
什么麻烦?
I had a baby.
我生过一个孩子
Baby died.
那孩子死了
She was real deformed.
是个畸形儿
They buried her when…
他们趁我睡着了
…when I was sleeping.
把她埋了
Here.

You wanted three fish.
你要三条鱼
I owed you for two.
我欠了你两条
So…
所以
– …now you owe me for one.
现在你欠我一条鱼的钱
– It’s a card.
这是张卡片
Well, we… we figured it out on the card.
我们写在卡片上了
We’re rendering accounts.
我们记录了账户
So…you know, it won’t be a mix-up.
这样以后就不会搞错了
And how do I know this is right?
我怎么知道你们没算错?
Because I said.
因为我说了
We could maybe start clean…
我们可以从现在开始重新算
…from now on. Keep track.
记录下来
Maybe.
也许
Give me a moment.
稍等一下
I am the boss.
我是老板
– Yeah, you. I know that.
对,你,我知道
– Who’s in charge?
谁管事?
– You are. – I bring in the money.
-你 -我赚钱
– Right?- Yeah.
-对吧? -对
-所以谁管事? -是你
– Yeah, so who’s in charge? – Yeah. You are.
没错
– Yeah. Right.
– Don’t forget it. – Yeah. I can’t… can’t forget it.
-别忘了 -我忘不了
I’ll pay you, if you make me some more of these cards.
我会付你钱 如果你再给我做些这样的卡片
我说不准
I don’t know.
He’s in charge, so…
他管事,所以…
…ask him.
问他吧
Throw in an extra 5 cents?
多付五分钱?
How about 10 cents a card?
一张卡片十分钱如何?
Sounds good. Suits me.
听上去不错,我没意见
Good.

And I’ll take my fish.
我的鱼拿走了
I look forward to these cards… very much.
我很期待见到这些卡片
Thanks. See what I can do.
谢谢,我会试试看的
Wait up. You’re good, Ev.
等一等,你很棒,埃弗
You know?
你知道吗?
Really know what you’re doing.
对你做的事情很在行
Asking for that money.
问她要钱
Pretty house.
这房♥子真漂亮
– Pretty house. – Let’s get her in second gear now.
-漂亮房♥子 -把她放在第二档
She liked my card.
她喜欢我的卡片
水烧开了
Hey, kettle’s on.
Cup of tea?
喝杯茶吗?
Come in.
进来吧
I got it here for you.
我给你买♥♥来了
You got… got… got any boards?
你有没有木板?
Take a look around.
你四处看看
Good morning.
早上好
Mm-hm. Well, three more.
又有三张
I don’t know why people pay money for these. My 5-year-old could do better.
我不知道为什么有人会花钱买♥♥ 我五岁的孩子都画得更好
Maybe.
也许吧
Maybe he could, but he didn’t. Maud did.
也许他可以,但他没画,茉娣画了
Brushes, please.
请给我画刷
你是个傻瓜
Well, you’re an idiot.
You’re an idiot.
你是个傻瓜
Stupid.
笨蛋
Know-it-all.
自以为是
Whoever it is, you tell them to get. Get out.
随便是谁,你让他们走,走人
– Get out? – Yeah.
-走人? -对
Yeah.

– It’s suppertime. – Yeah.
-是晚饭时间 -对
– I don’t know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!