大个子的那个
So…
那么…
…I’m gonna stay, where do I sleep?
我要留下来,我要睡哪儿?
Are you gonna follow my rules?
你会听我的规矩吗?
你打扫了吗?楼上?
– Mm. – Mm? You cleaned? Clean upstairs?
– No. – No?
-没有 -没有吗?
楼上只有一张床
– There’s only one bed up there.
你是公主吗?
– Oh, you’re a princess, eh?
When I was at the orphanage…
我在孤儿院的时候
…they put us six, seven to a bunk, hm.
他们让六七个人挤一张床
Elbows in my back.
手肘顶着我的背
Feet up my arse.
脚踢着我屁♥股♥
If you’re too fancy to pile in,
如果你身份高贵不愿意挤
then you can take your little knickknacks…
那你可以带上你的小玩意儿
…put them in the red wagon and get out.
放上红色小车然后走人
No, I’m… I’m good up there.
不,我可以睡楼上
I’m not too fancy.
我不高贵
Bad dogs!
坏狗狗!
Down. Get down. Down. Yeah, good boy.
趴下,乖狗狗
Who told you you could talk to them dogs like that?
谁让你这样和狗说话了?
What…
什么?
they gotta learn.
它们得学习
Them dogs been here longer than you. More useful too.
狗比你早来,也比你有用
I’m only… I’m only trying to feed ’em.
我只是想喂它们
Let me tell you how it is around here, all right?
我来和你解释一下这里的规矩
There’s me, them dogs…
首先是我,然后是狗,
…them chickens, then you.
然后是鸡 最后才是你
Everyone’s talking.
大家都在说
He has you barred up in there as his love slave.
他把你关在那里做情人
It’s disgusting.
真是恶心
Everett with a love slave. (CHUCKLES)
有情人的埃弗雷特
Would it make it more proper if I married him?
如果我嫁给他的话,会体面一些吗?
Maybe people won’t talk so much.
也许大家不会说这么多闲话了
Aunt Ida?
艾达姨妈?
You wanna come visit me sometime?
你会有空来看我吗?
I wouldn’t be caught dead.
我才不愿被人发现
I wouldn’t even drive by that house.
我连开车都不会经过那栋房♥
Suits me.
我没意见
Love slave.
情人
(雪特莱夫)
– What are you gonna do with all this, Ev?
-你要拿这些做什么,埃弗?
– Sell it. Or just leave it.
-卖♥♥掉.或是就这样放着
Sell it?
卖♥♥掉?
Who’d buy that?
谁会买♥♥?
Hello.
你好
Uh…
– Hello there. – Hello there.
-你好 -你好
It’s a nice day.
今天天气不错
– Everett got himself a woman? – Mm.
埃弗雷特找了个女人?
– Get back in the house.
回房♥子里
– What’s this now?
-这是什么情况
Ah, she works for me.
? -她为我工作
Need somebody to mind the house, else I get robbed.
我得找人看着房♥子 不然会被人打劫了
So you got yourself a tiny, little woman to guard your house?
所以你找了个小女人来看守房♥子?
Couldn’t you get a meaner dog?
就不能找一条凶一点的狗吗?
Or a gun?
或是买♥♥把枪?
Wait.
等等
Come here.
过来
I’m Frank. I’m the fisherman he tries to cheat every day.
我叫弗兰克 我是每天都要被他骗的渔夫
He wouldn’t cheat you.
他不会骗你的
He’s a good man.
他是个好人
Oh, so… so you don’t know him well, I see.
看来你不太了解他
Yeah.
I’m Maud.
我叫茉娣
Dowley.
道利
– Well, it’s nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
-很高兴认识你 -很高兴认识你
So you’re working here, then.
所以你在这里工作
– Yeah. I’m… I’m living…
对,我也住在这
– That’s enough.
够了
So you got yourself a live-in maid, do you?
所以你给自己找了个居家女佣吗?
Out all day. Work hard.
一整天辛勤工作
I deserve to come home to a clean house. Don’t I?
我回家应该要看到干净的屋子,对不对?
Where do you fit?
你睡在哪?
There’s more room in there than you think.
里面的空间比你想得要大
We find it cozy in there, don’t we?
里面很舒适,对不对?
Oh!
– Get back in the house! – (MAUD SOBBING)
回房♥子里去!
I’m in charge of this house. If she don’t know it, she’ll learn it.
这里是我做主 她要是不知道,我这就教她
Nobody in their right mind would put up with that for very long.
正常的人是忍♥不了多久的
Well, she’s not in her right mind. That’s one thing I know.
她不正常,这一点我还是知道的
Learned your lesson?
知道教训了吗?
Do you want me here or don’t you?
你到底要不要我留在这里?
Hm?
Because I’ll go.
因为我会走的
I’ll walk out right now.
我会立刻走
Well, do you want me here or not?
你到底要不要我留在这里?
I’d like my pay, please.
请把我的工资给我
You haven’t paid me yet, not once.
你还没付过我工资,一次都没有
Two months.
两个月了
Yeah, aye.
Hello?
有人吗?
Anybody home?
家里有人吗?
Hello?
有人在吗?
Are you the fish peddler’s wife?
你是鱼贩的妻子?
Some snazzy shoes there.
你这鞋子真时髦
Oh.
No. Sorry.
不,抱歉
Well, is he around?
那他在家吗?
Uh…
…he’s… he’s out on his rounds.
他出去做生意了
I paid for fish, and he never delivered.
我花钱买♥♥鱼,但他没送来
Oh, well…
这个…
– …sometimes he forgets.
有时候他会忘记
– I paid him, plus a handsome tip.
我付了钱,还给了不少小费
Now, I’m here from New York City for the next few months…
我是从纽约来的,要在这住几个月
…and I can give him my business or not.
我可以找他买♥♥鱼,也可以不买♥♥
You… you sure he never dropped off the fish?
你确定他没有给你送鱼吗?
May… maybe a dog ran off with it.
也许是被狗叼走了
– I don’t have a dog. – Or a cat.
-我没养狗 -或是猫
– Cats love fish.
猫喜欢吃鱼
– I don’t have a cat either.
我也没养猫
Oh.
Well…
好吧
…well, I’ll tell him you came by.
我会告诉他你来过的
对了
Say…
Yeah?
怎么了?
Did you paint that happy, little chicken?
那快乐的小鸡是你画的吗?
Actually, yeah.
是的
There was a chicken out in the yard.
那是院子里的鸡
Real fat.
很肥
I wanted to remember his happier days, so…
我希望记住快乐的它,所以…
…painted him.
就画了下来
Well…
好吧
…I’ll tell him to square up with you when he gets home.
等他回来了之后 我会让他来和你核实一下的
I’d appreciate that.
非常感谢
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
Maud.
茉娣
Nice to meet you, Maud.
很高兴见到你,茉娣
I’m Sandra.
我叫桑德拉
Nice to meet you, Sandra.
很高兴见到你,桑德拉
Hey, those snazzy shoes…
这时髦的鞋子
…they comfy?
穿着舒服吗?
Ah…
…they’re not bad.
感觉不坏
No. They’re not bad.
的确,不坏
– All the way from New York City. – (CHUCKLES)