She’s been asking to go home.
她一直说要回家
Well… well, did you tell her?
那你告诉她了吗?
Not yet. I thought it best you do it.
还没有,我觉得最好是你告诉她
No, she has to understand, this is her home now.
不,她必须理解,现在这里就是她的家
I can’t keep her here.
我不能把她留在这里
But we agreed, Aunt Ida. You said you’d look after her.
但我们说好了,艾达姨妈,你说过你会照顾她的
– I am paying you to look after her.
我付钱让你照顾她
Hello there, Charles.
你好,查尔斯
妹妹
– Sister.
Good to see you.
见到你真好
That’s a nice suit you’re wearing.
你穿的西装真好看
– Oh, yeah. – Perfect fit.
-是啊 -很合身
You’re always such a spiffy dresser.
你穿什么都好看
所以你…
So you…
…come to take me home?
是来带我回家的吗?
No. No.
不
Well, it’s business, Maud, financial matters.
是为谈生意,茉娣,财务事宜
好吧,我很天生擅长数学
Oh, good. Well, I’m a natural at math.
Remember?
你记得吗?
Always used to check your numbers when you were in school.
你上学的时候总是帮你核对数字
Didn’t I, Aunt Ida?
对不对,艾达姨妈?
I wanted to drop off a few things for you.
我来给你送些东西
Lordy.
天啊
You cleared out my room.
你把我的房♥间清空了
为什么?
– Why?
我把房♥子卖♥♥了
– I sold the house.
What?
什么?
– Our house?
-我们的房♥子?
– Maud… Mom left it to me.
-茉娣…妈妈把它留给我了
No.
-不
You can’t… you…
你不能…
You can’t sell our house.
你不能把我们家卖♥♥了
Charles, you can’t sell our house.
查尔斯,你不能把我们家卖♥♥了
I’d… I’d… I’d look after it.
我会看着我们的家
I’d be more than happy to have my own place, Charles.
我非常乐意能有属于自己的家,查尔斯
You can’t look after yourself,
你连自己都照顾不了
let alone a house and a yard and…
更别说带院子的房♥子了
I’d get a job. I’d get a job or something.
我会去找工作,找份工作什么的
– A job? A job doing what? – I don’t know, Charles!
-工作?做什么的工作? -我不知道,查尔斯!
– I’m sorry, Maud. It’s done. – No. Wait. Charles.
– 抱歉,茉娣,木已成舟. – 不,等等,查尔斯
Charles.
查尔斯
Charles, wait.
查尔斯,等等
– Don’t. Don’t.
别这样
– Goodbye, sister.
再见,妹妹
– You can’t…
-你不能…
– You take care of yourself.
-你照顾好自己
No, wait. Charles.
不,等等,查尔斯
Maud.
茉娣
Come get your tea.
进来喝茶吧
Charles! Charles!
查尔斯!
Wait!
等等!
Gonna do some painting out here.
我要在外面画画
Too messy.
太乱糟糟了
Why don’t you put your things away in your room?
你不如把你的东西放回房♥间去吧
Why don’t you leave me alone?
你为什么不能让我清静一下?
You better not tell me you were out at that club.
你最好别跟我说你去了俱乐部
Wasn’t gonna tell you that.
我没打算那么跟你说
Where were you?
你去哪儿了?
At the club.
俱乐部
Wasn’t gonna tell you that.
本来没准备告诉你的
Only looking to meet friends.
我只想见见朋友
That’s what you said the last time. Look what happened.
你上次就是这样说的,看看发生了什么事
You should try it sometime.
你也该去一去
You might like it.
你也许会喜欢的
This is new.
这是新的
Well, well, well, look who’s gracing me with their presence today.
看看是谁大驾光临
– What can I do for you, Everett? – I’m looking for a woman.
-你有什么需要,埃弗雷特? -我在找个女人
– A what? – Uh, a… hou… housemaid.
-什么? -一个女佣
– Looking for a housemaid. – Not the kind of thing we sell.
-我要找女佣 -我们不卖♥♥这个
Am I… am I an idiot, huh?
我是个傻瓜吗?
No, I wanna put up a sign, you know, a…
不,我想贴张标识
…what do you… what do you call them?
这是怎么说的来着?
Well, I need you to write…
我需要你给我写…
– To write a sign. – Yeah.
-写个标识 -对
Okay.
好吧
Looking for a housemaid.
找个女佣
Must have her own…
一定要有她自己的…
Oh, shit! Her own… what’s the word I’m looking for?
该死!她的…我要说的是什么来着?
– Sense of humor? – No.
-幽默感? -不
No.
不
Cleaning tools. Must have her own cleaning tools. That’s it.
清洁工具,必须自备清洁工具,就这样
That’d do it.
这样就行了
– Yeah. And then you…
对,然后你…
– Contact Everett Lewis.
-联♥系♥埃弗雷特·刘易斯
Yeah, sign my name.
-对,签上我的名
Right.Here. Give it to me.
来,给我
That’s it.
就这样
Need a hand, that’s all.
需要帮把手而已
Hello, big boy.
大个子
Beautiful. You are.
你真美
Hey. Hey.
你好
You a guard? You a guard dog?
你是看门狗吗?
Hey, hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
Oh.
Hello.
你好
呃…我叫茉娣
Um, I’m Maud.
Dowley.
我姓道利
– Dowley. – Yeah. That’s right.
-道利 -对,没错
I was…
我是…
Got your ad at the store.
我看到你在店里的广♥告♥了
The one you posted, looking for a housemaid.
你贴的那一张,招女佣的
Yeah. Well, I’m answering it.
我来应征了
Looking for a woman.
要个女人
Well…
好吧
…what do you think I am? (CHUCKLES INCREDULOUSLY)
我难道不就是吗?
So…
所以…
Well…
好吧…
Well, I…
我…
…I walked here from Digby.
我从迪格比走过来的
Wouldn’t mind a cup of tea.
能喝一杯茶就好了
You can tell me what you’re looking for.
你可以告诉我 你想要什么样的女佣
Thank you.
谢谢
So…
所以…
…this all yours?
这些都是你的吗?
This house?
这栋房♥子?
– Nice. – Used to be Captain John Ryan’s.
-真棒 -以前是约翰·莱恩船长的
But I moved it here from the wharf.
但我从码头搬过来了
Guess how many oxen it took to move it.
你猜我用了多少牛来搬家
Two?
两头?
Not two. No. Seven.
不是两头,是七头
– Seven oxen. – That’s a lot of oxen.
-七头牛 -好多牛
Mm.
It’d be nice…
如果你在这里
…for you to have someone around here.
能有个人陪就好了
Yeah, must be hard to do it all on your own.
对,你一个人收拾的话一定很累吧
你说的一点没错,女士
Yeah, you got that right, ma’am. Got that right, you know.
– What is it you do?
你是做什么的?
– Sell fish.
卖♥♥鱼
Sell chopped wood. You know.
卖♥♥柴火
Work at the orphanage.
在孤儿院工作