Did you know that the heart of a mouse beats at the rate of 650 times a minute?
你知道老鼠每分钟 心跳650下?
My, where’d you learn that? In a book.
你怎么知道的? 书里写的
It beats so fast, it doesn’t sound like beating. It sounds like it’s humming.
跳得那么快 听起来就象哼歌♥一样
A porcupine’s heart beats 300 times a minute.
豪猪的心脏跳动每分钟300次
All right. Quick!
好了 快点
Hey, you.
嘿,你!
Hey, we’re leaving. Let’s go. Get in the car. Hurry up.
我们要走了,快走
Let’s wrap up these cookies. Come on, we’re leaving. Now.
我们拿些这个
I’d be happy to walk her home.
我会送她回家的
Well, nobody will be there. We’re moving to Guam.
没人会在家 我们要搬到瓜默去了
Come on, let’s go. Guam?
快点,我们走 瓜默?
Daddy’s not gonna be in the auto business anymore.
爸爸不做生意了
I don’t want to leave.
我不想去!
But we’re going on a permanent vacation.
我们不再回来了!
Yeah, and we gotta beat the speedboat salesmen to the airport.
我们得快点去机场
I love it here. I love my school. It isn’t fair.
我喜欢这儿! 我喜欢我的学校,这不公平
Miss Honey, please don’t let them take me.
请不要让他们把我带走
Get in the car, Melinda. Matilda.
上车,玛琳达! 我叫玛蒂尔达!
Whatever. I want to stay with Miss Honey.
随便 我要和哈尼小姐一起
Well, Miss Honey doesn’t want you.
哈尼小姐不要你
Why would she want some snotty, disobedient kid?
她怎么会要你这个倔种?
Because she’s a spectacularly wonderful child, and I love her.
她很可爱,我爱她
Adopt me, Miss Honey. You can adopt me.
领养我吧,哈尼小姐!
Look, I don’t have time for all these legalities.
我没时间办理手续
One second, Dad, I have the adoption papers.
我有领养表格
What?
什么?
Hey, where’d you get those? From a book in the library.
从哪里来的? 图书馆的一本书里
I’ve had them since I was big enough to Xerox.
我长到够得到复印机的时候就有了
Are you hearing this, Harry?
你听到了,哈里?
I’ll be an only child again.
你们只要签字就可以了 我就又成了唯一的孩子了!
Shut up! I can’t think with all these sirens.
我受不了老听到这种警报声
What do you think, pumpkin?
你怎么想?
You’re the only daughter I ever had, Matilda.
你是我唯一的女儿 玛蒂尔达
And I never understood you, not one little bit.
我从来不理解你
Who’s got a pen?
谁有笔?
Here. Thanks.
这有一支 谢谢
And doing, perhaps, the first decent thing they ever did for their daughter…
这也许是他们为玛蒂尔达
…the Wormwoods signed the adoption papers.
所做的第一件有意义的事
And here. Okay.
还有这里 好了
All right, come on. Here. Turn around.
过来,转过去
You’re not gonna be calling us for support payments or something like that?
你不会要抚养金吧?
Oh, no, no. We’ll have everything we need. Don’t worry.
不,我们什么都有
All right, here. Let’s roll.
我们走吧
Ciao.
拜
So Harry and Zinnia got away.
就这样哈里和滋妮娅走了
And as bad as things were before, that’s how good they became.
经历了艰难困苦 才会体验到生活的美好
Miss Honey was made principal of Crunchem Hall…
哈尼小姐成了校长
…which had to add an upper school because children never wanted to leave.
孩子们再也不想离开学校
And Matilda found, to her great surprise…
而玛蒂尔达吃惊地发现
…that life could be fun.
生活原来充满乐趣
And she decided to have as much of it as possible.
她决定尽可能地享乐
After all, she was a very smart kid.
毕竟,她是个聪明的孩子
But the happiest part of the story…
这个故事最快乐的部分是…
…is that Matilda and Miss Honey…
玛蒂尔达和哈尼小姐
…each got what they had always wanted:
都得到了自己梦寐以求的:
A loving family.
一个洋溢爱的家
And Matilda never had to use her powers again.
玛蒂尔达从此没再用 她的那种力量
Well, I mean, almost never.
当然,我是说几乎没有
“Call me Ishmael.
叫我伊斯默尔
Some years ago, never mind how long precisely…
几年前,不管有久之前… 精确地说…
…having little or no money in my purse and nothing particular to…”
我的口袋里没有钱…