But her life was not as simple and beautiful as it seemed.
但是她的生活并不那么美好
Miss Honey had a deep, dark secret.
她有个可怕的秘密
Though it caused her great pain…
虽然这使她痛苦
…she did not let it interfere with her teaching.
但并不影响她上课
Well, Matilda, you’ve come on a very good day…
你来得正好
…because we’re going to review everything that we’ve learned so far.
我们正要复习前面的内容
Now, it’s all right if you don’t understand any of this because you’re brand-new.
你不懂没有关系 因为你是新来的
But if you do know an answer, just raise your hand. Okay?
如果你知道答案,请举手
All right. We’ve been working on our two-times tables.
我们学了乘法
Would anyone like to demonstrate?
谁想演示一下?
0K8)’-

Let’s do some together.
让我们一起做吧
Two times four is? Eight.
2乘4等于? 8
Two times six is? Twelve.
2乘6等于? 12
Two times nine is? Eighteen.
2乘9等于? 18
Excellent! You’ve been practicing.
太好了!你们都有复习
Pretty soon you’ll be able to do any multiplication…
很快你们就什么都会做了
…whether it’s two times seven… -Foufleen.
不管是2乘7 是14
Very good. Or 13 times 379.
还是13乘379
4927 .
I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
I think that’s the answer.
我想那就是答案
13 times 379.
13乘379等于
4-9-2-7.
It is.
正确
Matilda, you know how to multiply big numbers?
你能做多位数乘法?
I read this book last year on mathematics at the library.
我去年读过一本数学书
You like to read?
你喜欢读书?
Oh, yes, I love to read.
是的,我爱读书
What do you like to read?
什么样的书?
Everything, but lately I’ve been reading Darles Chickens.
所有的书 最近我在读达尔斯·狄更斯的书
Charles Dickens. I could read him every day.
查尔斯·狄更斯 我每天都读他的书
So could I.
我也是
All right, everyone…

…take out your workbooks and let’s start with section three.
打开练习书 我们做第三部分
I’ll be back in a moment.
我片刻就回
Gotcha right in the neck! And you.
击中你了!正好在脖子
Yes! You– Come in, come in, whoever you are.
进来
Almost got you.
几乎击中你
Good to see you, Jen. Good, good, good.
见到你很好,詹
Time for one of our little heart-to-hearts?
是私人会话?
Actually, it’s about the new girl in my class, Miss Trunchbull…
是关于我班里新来的女孩
…Matilda Wormwood.
玛蒂尔达·沃乌德
Her father says she’s a real wart. A what?
她父亲说她是个讨厌鬼
A carbuncle, a blister, a festering pustule of malignant ooze.
赖皮,厚颜无♥耻♥的家伙
Oh, no, Matilda Wormwood is a very sweet girl, and very bright.
玛蒂尔达既可爱又聪明
A bright child?
聪明的孩子?
Yes. She can multiply large sums in her head.
她会做多位乘法
So can a calculator.
计算器也能
Well, I think she might be happier in an older and more advanced class.
我想她也许会高兴上 更高的年级
I knew it! You can’t handle the little viper…
你对付不过这个小叛逆
…so you’re trying to foist her off on one of the other teachers.
所以你想把她踢出来
No, no, no, Miss Trunchbull. Yes!
不…不是的 就是
Typical, slothful cowardice.
典型的懒惰的,懦夫!
Listen to me, Jen.
听着,詹
The distance the shot put goes depends upon the effort you put into it.
成功来自勤奋
Perspiration!
努力!
If you can’t handle the little brat, I’ll lock her in the choky!
如果你对付不了她 我来把她锁进禁闭
Get it? Yes, ma’am.
明白了? 明白,女士
One day, Jen, you’ll see that everything I do is for your own good…
我所作所为都是为你好
…and the good of those putrescent little children!
也是为了这些 不可救药的小孩子
Get back at Tiffany. Before.
回来说之前的蒂芬妮
When she was having that Mom, I’m home.
当她还是… 妈妈,我回来了
How was school? School was great.
一学校怎么样? 一太棒了
My teacher lets me do sixth-grade work. Look.
老师让我做六年级的功课
Algebra and geography. Hold on a minute.
代数和几何 等一下
Can’t you see I’m in the middle of an important phone call?
没看见我正在打电♥话♥?
Well, you just asked me how school was.
你刚问我学校怎么样
Quiet.
安静
What else was she supposed to do? The baby wasn’t his.
他还能怎么做?孩子不是他的
Well, it was really great.
真的很好
No way. They gotta be implants.
不可能,一定是植入的
The principal is insane. She threw a girl over the fence by her hair.
校长很神经 她把一个女孩扔过栅栏
It would change your life too if you waxed yours, I’m positive.
你也应该改变生活
I have the most wonderful teacher.
我的老师最棒了
Mine are driving me crazy.
我的孩子让我发疯
I’m telling you, six hours a day at school is not enough.
六个小时在学校还不够
I’ll say.
我同意
Whack to the belly! A smack to the face. Another smack to the face!
击肚子,再击脸
Burns is hurt. He’s on the ropes, ladies and gentlemen.
伯恩斯受伤了
Saved by the bell.
让铃给救了
Packages at this hour? -Come here.
这时候来邮件? 过来
What? Okay.
什么 好的
Hello.
哈罗
We don’t give money. We don’t like charities. We don’t buy raffle tickets.
我们不给钱,物品…
Mr. Wormwood.
沃乌德先生
I’m Jennifer Honey. I’m Matilda’s teacher.
我是詹弗妮·哈尼 玛蒂尔达的老师
What has she done now?
她干了什么?
You! Go to your room right now! Right now. Beat it!
你!马上回你的房♥间!
Look, whatever it is, she’s your problem now.
她现在是你的麻烦了
No, there is no problem.
没有什么麻烦
Then beat it. We’re watching TV.
那走吧 我们在看电视
Mr. Wormwood, if you think watching some rotten TV show…
沃乌德先生 如果你认为电视
…is more important than your daughter, then maybe you shouldn’t be a parent.
比你的女儿更重要 那你就不应该当家长
Now, why don’t you turn that darn thing off and listen to me?
关掉它,听我说
All right, come in. Get this over with.
得了,快结束吧
Mrs. Wormwood’s not gonna like this. Come on, get in.
沃乌德夫人不喜欢的
Close the door.
关上门
Who is it? Some teacher.
谁呀? 什么老师
Says she’s gotta talk to you about Matilda.
说要和你谈谈玛蒂尔达
What did you do that for? He had Velasquez on the ropes.
为什么关电视?
What do you want’?
什么事?
I’m sure you’re aware by now that Matilda has a brilliant mind.
玛蒂尔达聪明极了
Yeah, right. Mikey, get me a beer.
行了,给我啤酒
Her math skills are simply extraordinary.
她的算术能力超常
She’s reading material that I Want one?
来一杯?
Oh, no, thank you, dear.
不,谢谢
Material that I didn’t see until my second year of college.
她在看我上学院时才看的东西
Oh, college. Great, college.
学院!
I really feel, with private instruction…
如果有一些额外的指导
…that she’d be ready for college in just a few short years.
几年内她就可以去学院
Look, Miss Snit.
你看史尼特小姐
A girl does not get anywhere by acting intelligent.
一个女孩如果只是聪明 并不能吸引男人
I mean, take a look at you and me.
看看你和我
You chose books. I chose looks.
你选择了教书,我靠我的魅力
I have a nice house, a wonderful husband…
我有美丽的别♥墅♥和很棒的丈夫
…and you are slaving away teaching snot-nosed children their ABC’s.
而你拼命教小孩子们ABc
You want Matilda to go to college?
你想让她上大学?
College! I didn’t go to college. I don’t know anybody who did.
我没上过学院 我不知道谁上过
Bunch of hippies and cesspool salesmen.
一群嬉皮和肮脏的商人
Don’t sneer at educated people, Mr. Wormwood.
请不要蔑视受过教育的人
If you became ill, heaven forbid…
如果你病了
…your doctor would be a college graduate.
医生就是大学毕业的
Or say you were sued for selling a faulty car.
如果你被控告
The lawyer who defended you would’ve gone to college too.
律师也曾上过大学
What car? Sued by who?
打官司?
Who you been talking to? Nobody.
你和谁说过这件事? 没人
Oh, dear, I can see we’re not going to agree, are we?
我明白 我们不会有一致看法的,是吗?
No. I’m sorry I burst in on you like this.
对不起 事先没预约而打扰
Sorry.
对不起
We ought to sue her for interrupting our show.
我们应该控告她 打扰我们看电视

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!