I’m not teaching you anything. Why not?
我才不会教你 为什么?
You’re a bright, innocent, beautiful girl…
你是一个聪明 天真 漂亮的女生…
and I’m not gonna screw that up like everything else.
我才不想把你给带坏了
Really?
你说真的?
What? You think that?
什么? 你真的那么想?
That I’m beautiful?
我很漂亮?
No.
不是
Then why won’t you? Because crime doesn’t pay?
那为什么不教我? 因为没赚头?
No, it does. lt does. Just not very well.
才不是 当然有赚头 只是不多就是了
You seem to be doing okay. I’m not.
你看起来就混得不错 我才没有
Believe me, it’s no fun doing what I do.
相信我 我做的事并不好玩
It’s usually stealing from people who don’t deserve it.
只是从无辜的人身上骗点好处罢了
Old people, fat people. Lonely.
老人家 胖子 寂寞的人
A lot of the time, I feel sick about it.
而且 常常让我觉得很厌恶
Then why do you do it?
那你为什么要做?
I’m not as innocent as you think. l’ve done stuff with boys.
我才不像你想的那样天真呢 我和男生做过些事情
l’ve done stuff with boys, if I told you…
我和男生做过些事情 要是我告诉你…
you’d throw up. Then don’t tell me.
你一定会觉得恶心 那就别讲
Then teach me something! No! Final.
那你教我! 不! 别再提了
At the Christmas dance last year, I went with this boy Josh Ward.
去年的圣诞舞会上 我和乔许一起
He’s cute, and I really liked him. I’m not listening.
他很帅 我也很喜欢他 我不想听
After the dance, we went to Carrie’s, and he pushed me against the bed…
舞会结束后 我们去凯莉家 然后他把我压倒在床上…
Not listening! and he took his hand…
我不听! 然后他的手…
No! Okay. I’ll show you one thing! You will?
够了! 我就教你一招! 真的?
Thank you, thank you!
谢谢你 谢谢!
All right, okay… Thank you!
好啦 行了… 谢谢你!
But then you’re never gonna do it again, and you’re gonna forget it. Agreed?
不过你要保证就这么一次 而且学完就马上给我忘记
Holy Mary.
天啊
Rule number one: Never work near where you live.
规则一: 永远不要在自己家附近下手
Don’t shit…
不要…
Rule number two: Don’t write anything down.
规则二: 别抄笔记
All right, I want you to stay in the car, okay?
好了 我要你待在车里 行吗?
Hey! Would you stay in the car?
嘿! 不是要你待在车里吗?
l’d like to play this for the drawing on the 22nd.
我要签下一♥期♥的乐透彩
You know the odds of the same numbers hitting in the same month? Or ever?
你知道连续出现 相同号♥码的机率有多低?
Well, that’s why I changed one.
所以我才改了一个号♥码
You’re wasting your dollar.
你这是在浪费钱
Hey. You his financial adviser? No.
你是他的财务顾问吗? 不是
You’re a cashier at a convenience store. Take his dollar and give him a ticket.
你只是个便利商店的收银员 尽管收了他的钱把彩券给他就是了
You’re ready for this. l was born ready.
你还真有模有样的 我生来如此
Glad I missed that day.
我错过了那一天
The most important thing to understand about this game is…
首先你得记住 在这场游戏里…
ninety percent of it is variable.
有百分之九十都是不确定因素
No matter how good a plan is, you almost always get thrown a curve.
无论多好的计划 一定还是会出状况
So you gotta be flexible, prepared to roll with anything.
所以你一定要有弹性 要会随机应变
I’ll do it. Just the 2.
我明白 就这两件事
The one thing you can control, though, is who your mark is.
你唯一能够控制的 就是你选定的目标
Never play someone who isn’t buying what you’re selling.
永远别跟那些不买♥♥你东西的人斗
You’re thinking, ”What am I selling?” What you’re selling is you.
你在想 “那我是在推销什么? ” 你就是要推销自己
The older the better, but beware of couples. No one whispers in your mark’s ear but you.
越老越好 不过要提防夫妻 只有你能和对方说悄悄话
And for God’s sake, make sure the person you’re conning isn’t conning you.
还有 你得确定 对方不会反过来摆你一道
That’s good. All right. Let’s go kick some butt.
就是这样 好了 我们来找个冤大头吧
This taken? No.
这有人用吗? 没有
You sure? You’ve got a lot.
你确定? 你衣服好多
This is nothing. You ought to catch me during Little League season. Three boys.
这没什么 打少棒赛的时候才可怕 我有三个儿子
Any of them cute?
他们可爱吗?
Simon’s about your age. Though you’d never guess. He’s so hyper.
赛门和你差不多大 不过他还像个小孩 太皮了
I’m gonna get a soda. Want anything? No, thanks.
我要去买♥♥汽水 你需要什么吗? 不了 谢谢
Oh, honey. You dropped something.
哦 宝贝 你掉了东西
Not mine. You sure?
不是我的 你确定?
You gotta be 1 8 to play.
要满十八岁才能玩
Looks like someone put it through the wash by accident.
可能是某个人不小心把它给洗了
Yesterday’s drawing. That looks like the second.
好像是昨天的号♥码
Probably a loser.
搞不好龟了
Yeah.
是啊
We should at least see if it hit.
至少我们看看到底有没有中
Excuse me, sir. Can we borrow your paper for a sec?
抱歉 先生 可不可以跟你借一下报纸?
We’re just looking for lottery results. Yeah, okay.
我们想查一下中奖号♥码 行 没问题
Metro, isn’t it? Here.
都会版? 给你
Thanks. Yeah.
谢了 别客气
Let’s see. There it is. Okay, ready?
让我们看一下 在这里 好了 开始了?
Six, 1 8, 30, 49… Wait. Six, 1 8, what?
6 18 30 49… 等等 6 18 然后呢?
Sorry. Thirty, 49, 60.
抱歉 30 49 60
Missed by one. Oh, you’re joking!
差了一号♥ 哦 你说真的!
Story of my life. Mine too.
这就是我的命 我也是
Any luck? Four out of five. Can you believe that?
中了吗? 五个号♥码里中了四个
Four out of five? Four out of five pays.
五个中了四个? 那就有五分之四的奖金
lt does? Sure, yeah.
真的? 对啊
Call the number on the back of the ticket.
打背面的电♥话♥号♥码问问看
Well, thanks!
谢谢!
Well, thank you. Thank you very much. What did they say?
这样 谢谢你 非常感谢 他们怎么说?
We won $600!
我们中了六百块!
Holy shit! Holy moly! Six hundred dollars!
真的! 天啊! 六百块!
Couple of winners.
中奖二人组
The woman said we just take it down for verification, and they’ll mail me a check.
她说只要把彩券拿去兑奖地点 他们就会把支票寄过来
We should call your mom and we can all go down together.
打电♥话♥给你妈妈 我们一起去领奖
It’s okay, I’m supposed to be home. No, no, no.
没关系啦 我得回家了 不 不 不
We’re in this 50-50.
奖金得平分才行
Good girl.
好女孩
Watch the cameras.
小心别被拍到
That’s it.
就是这样
Three hundred dollars.
三百块
Don’t spend it all at the coin-op. Hide it when you get home.
不要一次花光 回家后把钱藏好
Did I do good? You did…
我还可以吗? 你做得…
You did very good. Very, very, very good.
你做得非常好 非常 非常 非常好
See? Mom was wrong. I didn’t just get your elbows.
看吧? 老妈错了 我不只遗传到你的手肘
Well, there’s one last thing. What?
嗯 最后一件事 是什么?
l want you to give her the money back. What?
我要你把钱还给她 什么?
I told you l’d teach you a con, I didn’t say l’d let you get away with it.
我是说我会教你怎么骗人 但我可没说我会让你玩真的
What am I supposed to say?
那我要怎么说啊?
Judging by that last performance, I’m sure you’ll think of something.
你这么聪明一定知道该怎么做
This is so…
这实在太…
Angela, I would not be a responsible father if I let you get away with this. Let’s go!
安琪拉 如果我让你得逞 那我还算得上是父亲吗? 去吧!
I mean, it’s strange. Two weeks ago, this was ancient history.
两个星期前 这不过是段陈年往事
Now, all of a sudden…
现在 突然间…
I have a daughter!
我有了个女儿!
And I’m not scared shitless. That’s good, isn’t it?
但我并没有被吓跑 还算不赖吧?
It’s however you feel about it, Roy. Yeah.
你爱怎么想都行 罗伊 没错
Yes, it’s wonderful.
是的 这实在太棒了
Don’t take this too literally, but you’ve been closing doors for a long time.
不过你也实在封闭得太久了
It’s good to see you start opening some again.
很高兴见到你愿意再度打开心房♥
What?
怎么了?
I took Angela along with me over the weekend, selling a piece.
我周末带着安琪拉一起推销东西
And sometimes in my business…
而我的工作有时候…
you have to create a value for something which really isn’t there.
必须要哄抬商品的价值 即使它一文不值
Some people call it sales, but other people call it…
有些人说这叫推销 但有些人则叫它…
Lying. Right. Which is a little…
骗人 没错 这有点…
I wasn’t sure how Angela would go for it, but she took to it.
我不确定安琪拉懂不懂 不过她学得很快
Like a duck to water. She even helped out.
如鱼得水 她甚至还帮了我忙
You know, this 1 4-year-old girl…
你知道 这个十四岁的女孩…
working these people with me.
和我一起操纵那些人
Working them, doc.
操纵那些人 医生
Do you regret it? Exposing her to that? Her seeing that side of you?
你后悔了吗? 让她接触到那些? 让她看见你的另一面?
Well, you know, it was a little… lt made me feel… I was a little…
嗯 你知道 这有点… 这让我觉得…我有点…
I really liked it.
我真的觉得很高兴
I really did. lt was the best time we’ve had together.
我们处得很愉快
Right.
好
Fabulous cup trick. You like that?
了不起的杯子把戏 你喜欢吗?
He wants to fly the money to the Caymans. Afraid he might get robbed.
他带钱到开曼群岛去 他怕自己会被抢
As if somebody would do that. When’s his flight?
他想太多了 什么时候的飞机?