我请求你们 请别再调查我和她的事了
God, I beg you, don’t go on a fishing expedition over this and…
因为你们正在破坏别人的生活
…wreck people’s lives.
我的家庭 我的婚姻危如累卵
My family, my marriage is at stake.
我们只是想查清楚这次谋杀案中 所发生的事
We just have to check out everything in a murder case.
那没问题 但我不是凶手
Ok, but I’m not your man.
我知道欺骗自己的妻子 是件不光彩的事
I know it’s not the most honorable thing to cheat on your wife,
但并不说明我就是凶手
but that does not make me a murderer.
我们只是想查清楚案发过程
We’re… obligated to review the situation.
我知道你对这事很敏感
I understand it’s sensitive stuff for you.
但如果我们还要找你谈话的话
And if we have to talk to you again,
我们会尽量保密的
we’ll do everything in our power to keep it very private.
你的私生活怎样是你自己的事
Your personal life’s your own.
我们不做道德审判 只是调查案件而已
We’re not making any moral judgments, just investigating a crime.
我能理解
I understand.
这样吧
Look…
如果你们还要找我谈话
…if you have to get in contact with me again,
虽然我希望不会了
which, God in heaven, I hope you don’t,
请打我的手♥机♥
please call me on my mobile.
这是我的手♥机♥号♥
this is my number.
谢谢
thanks.
还有一件事
One other thing.
你拥有或有权利使用猎枪吗
Do you own or have access to a shotgun?

Me?
没有
No.
我的岳父有 我没有
My father- in- law shoots on the estate, but not me.
你们可以去查 但
You can check it out, but…
我请求你们顾及我和他的立场
…l beg you to consider mine and his position.
当然
Of course.
谢谢你
thank you.
你怎么看
So, what do you think?
我觉得就是他说的那样
I think it’s what it looks like.
有人抢劫并杀了艾斯比夫人
Someone robbed and killed Mrs. Eastby,
惊惶逃跑时杀了诺拉·赖斯
who was surprised leaving, and killed Nola Rice.
我知道 我知道 上面写的是瘾君子做的案
Yeah, I know. I know, it’s got drug robbery written all over it.
他就要做父亲了
He’s ‘specting a baby.
好吧 虽然她对妻子不怎么忠诚
Ok, he’s not gonna win a medal for fidelity, but…
但我们可以去查查
…we can find out discreetly enough
休伊特家是否有有关联的猎枪
whether the Hewetts had a shotgun unaccounted for.
我不认为他会偷自家的枪
I don’t think that he would know the first thing about stealing one though,
再把它锯短
never mind sawing one off.
这不太可能 他没有前科
It’s a bit of a stretch. He’s got no previous convictions.
甚至没有拿过超速驾驶的告票
Not even a speeding ticket.
验尸官说艾斯比先被杀
the coroner says that Eastby was killed first.
是的 – 没有争斗的痕迹
Yeah. – there’s no sign of a forced entry.
所以艾斯比太太认识凶手 才让他进门的
So Mrs. Eastby knew the killer, if she let him in.
得了吧 迈克
Well, come on, Mike.
我们侦破的九♥成♥案件
Ninety percent of the crimes we go out on,
都是受害人自己让罪犯进门的
people open their doors and invite the criminals in.
我知道 你说的没错 我只是想不明白
Yeah, I know, you’re right. I’m just thinking out loud.
他有真正的动机 – 也许
It’s just he’s got a real motive. – Yeah, maybe.
但你我都知道 有动机并不说明什么
But a motive, as you and I both painfully know, is not a case.
我只是对赖斯谋杀案有不同的看法
I’m torn because the Rice murder was clearly an afterthought,
我还想再深入调查一下
but I’d love to pursue it a little more.
但不想引起任何人的麻烦
But I’m reluctant to fish around and cause problems for everybody.
好吧 如果有新线索 我们再跟进吧
Well, if something develops, we can pursue it.
我怀疑到头来还是那个结果
I doubt anything’s gonna drop into our laps.
克里斯
Ohris.
诺拉
Nola…
下这个决定并不好受
…it wasn’t easy.
但当时机出现的时候 我扣了扳机
But when the time came, I could pull the trigger.
不到危急关头 你不会知道谁是你真正的朋友
You never know who your neighbors are till there’s a crisis.
你要学着把罪恶感埋在心里 继续生活下去
You can learn to push the guiIt under the rug and… go on.
必须这样
You have to.
否则它会吞噬你
Otherwise it overwhelms you.
那我呢
And what about me?
我这个做邻居的呢
What about the next- door neighbor?
我和你们的恩怨毫无关系
I had no involvement in this awful affair.
为什么我这个清白人也要把命搭进去
ls there no problem about me having to die as an innocent bystander?
无辜者的牺牲有时候是 给大局铺路的
the innocent are sometimes slain to make way for a grander scheme.
你就是个无辜的牺牲者
You were collateral damage.
诺拉肚里的孩子也是
So was your own child.
索福克勒斯(希腊悲剧诗人) 说过
Sophocles said:
“不出生在这个世上
”to never have been born
也许是最完美的结果”
may be the greatest boon of all.”
准备受到报应吧 克里斯
Prepare to pay the price, Ohris.
你做的太差劲了
Your actions were clumsy.
到处都是漏洞
Full of holes.
人们很容易就可以找到证据
Almost like someone begging to be found out.
如果我被抓到被判罪了
It would be fitting if I were apprehended
也是应该的
and punished.
说明这世上还有点正义
At least there would be some small sign ofjustice.
还有点
Some small…
希望存在的可能
…measure of hope for the possibility of meaning.
克里斯·维尔顿杀了她们 我梦见他怎么做的了
Ohris WiIton killed them. I see how he did it.
什么
What?
就和我们推测的那样
It’s as we speculated
一切都很精细 但凶手一定是他
and said was too elaborate, but that’s what he did.
她先杀死隔壁的邻居 然后为了毁掉证据
He killed the next- door neighbor first to throw us off the scent
制♥造♥了抢劫的假象
and set up the appearance of a robbery.
他在那里等着
He waited in the hall.
他知道她会什么时候回来
He knew she’d be back the same time as usual,
然后他杀了她 弄的像是她遇到了抢劫杀人贩
and he killed her, making it seem like she surprised a burglar running out.
他设计好了一切 他准时出现在剧院
He planned it all so he could make the theater in time
以制♥造♥他不在场证据
to strengthen his alibi, if one became necessary.
虽然我还没想通猎枪的问题
Now, I haven’t figured out the weapon problem,
而且还要和陪审团费很多口舌
and I know it’s a lot to ask a jury,
但这都是我做梦时 看到的案件真♥相♥
but the correctness of it came to me in my sleep
我要推♥翻♥这个案子
and I am going to break this case.
我讨厌成为传递坏消息的人 迈克
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Mike.
什么
What?
你的梦可不是陪审团现在最感兴趣的
Not that your dream isn’t of primary interest to a jury.
什么坏消息
What’s the bad news?
凌晨4点那个地区又发生了件枪杀案
there was another shooting in the area last night, 4am.
一个瘾君子被杀了 看上去是毒品交易不怎么顺利
A drug addict killed. Looks like a drug sale turned nasty.
那又怎样 难道他死前承认 是他杀了那两个女人吗
What, and he confessed to killing two women before he died?
没有 没必要说
No, he didn’t have to.
但在他的口袋里 找到了老太太的结婚戒指
the old woman’s wedding ring was right in his pocket.
不可能 – 戒指上刻有名字和日期
No. – Name and date engraved right on it.
我不信 – 我理解 我理解
I don’t believe it. – I know. I know.
你调查的很不错 克里斯有很多动机
Your case looked good, lots of motive.
但他的动机也很明显 就是海♥洛♥因♥
But his motive was pretty strong too. Heroin.
那个瘾君子有一大堆前科
Junkie with a long string of convictions.
毫无疑问 他被黑吃黑了
killed by one of his own, no doubt.
走吧 我请你吃早餐
Oome on, I’ll buy you breakfast.
你可以继续说说你的梦
You can traumatize me with the rest of your dreams.
不 等等
No, wait.
如果是维尔顿干的 事后他把珠宝扔了 而那个人捡到了呢
What if WiIton did it, threw the jewels away, this guy finds them?
我不知道 看看今晚你能梦见些什么吧
I don’t know. See what tonight’s dream tells you.
我想陪审团一定会感兴趣的
I’m sure a jury will be interested.
走吧
Oome on.
我放弃了
I give up.
我知道不是维尔顿干的
I knew WiIton didn’t do it.
他只是个欺骗老婆的可怜虫
He’s another poor schmuck who cheated on his wife.
当你看了诺拉·赖斯的照片后 你就知道为什么了
When you see those pictures of Nola Rice, you can see why though.
什么世界啊 是吧
What a world. Am I right?
小心 小心 我老是怕这些会掉下来
Oareful, careful. I’m always afraid they’ll drop.
别杞人忧天了 爸爸 – 婴儿太..柔软了
Oh, chill out, Dad. – Babies are so, so soft.
对了 香槟
Right. Ohampagne.
他的眼睛像你 克洛伊 – 是吗
I think he’s got your eyes, Chloe. – Really?
我觉得他和你好像 真的
I think he’s got your coloring darling, I really do.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!