Briskly now. Secure this line.
每20码都有陆战队员驻守
Royal Marines posted every 20 yards, sir.
-准备好了吗? -好了
-All set, Higgins? -Yes, sir.

No.
我要自己来
I do this with my own hand.
没事的话我就出去等
If everything is under control, I’ll just be outside.
你的手很稳 我需要你
A spare pair of steady hands wouldn’t go amiss.
除非你见到血就会昏倒
That is, if, of course, you have the constitution for this kind of thing.
亲爱的医生 我什么血腥的场面都见过了
My dear doctor, I have been amongst and around wounds all my life.
那就好
Good, then.
把手放在我肚子上 我会叫你用力按
Put your hand on my belly, pressing firmly when I give the word.
希根 手术刀
Higgins, the catling, if you please.
巴丁 镜子
Padeen, please.
探测器
The sounder, Mr Higgins.
擦血
Swab.

All right.
希根 你要帮我把肋骨撑开来
Mr Higgins, you’ll have to raise the rib.
用力握住牵引器
Take a good grip with the square retractor.
插♥进♥去
Right in.
往上扳
And lift up.
往上
Lift up.
帮我擦血 我看不到
Swab, Jack. I can’t see.
你还好吧?
Are you all right?
夹到了
I got it.
按用力一点
A tad more pressure.
-全都在吗? -对
-Is that all of it? -Aye, sir.
能完全缝回去
She’ll patch up nicely.
谢天谢地
Thank God I got it.
很好喝
That’s good.
-我跟巴丁替你采集样本? -真的吗?
-Padeen and I have been collecting for you. -Have you really?
我连甲虫栖息的植物也带回来了
The beetles each come with a specimen of the plant they were found on.
那只逃走了
Padeen, that one’s got away.
你要是愿意看的话 我做了一些笔记
Sir, I’ve made a few notes, if you want to see them.
布雷克尼 你有当自然学家的料
Mr Blakeney, it would appear that you have the makings of a naturalist.
我可以跟你一样文武双全
Perhaps I could combine them to be a sort of fighting naturalist, like you, sir.
战争和科学不太搭轧
They don’t combine too well, I find.

Right.
你还不能起来吧?
Should you really be getting up, sir?
-你也是医生吗? -不是
-Mr Blakeney, are you also a doctor? -No, sir.
没错 巴丁 扶我
No, you’re not. Padeen, if you please.
你知道船长打算待多久吗?
How long does the captain intend that we stay? Do you know?
-一个礼拜吧 -一礼拜?
-Oh, a week perhaps. -A week?
-我并不急 -不是该去马克萨斯吗?
-There’s no great hurry. -Mustn’t we make haste for the Marquesas?
我都不确定那是不是 “地狱号♥”
I’m not even sure it was the Acheron we sighted.
就算是它也早就走远了
And if it was, she’ll be well away by now.
要找到它是海底捞针
Like looking for an honest man in parliament.
趁英法和谈之前回家吧
No, we shall head home. Before peace breaks out with France, God forbid.
你这份恩情我恐怕无法报答
I fear you may have burdened me with a debt I can never repay.
用我的名字替灌木命名 全身带刺难以消灭的那种
Tosh. Name a shrub after me. Something prickly and hard to eradicate.
灌木? 才不要 我要用你的名字替大乌龟命名
A shrub? Nonsense. I’ll name a great tortoise after you.
欧氏海龟
Testudo aubreii.
东西收一收 该走了
Come on, pack up your things. We should be going.
-回营地吗? -不 到小岛另一端
-Back to camp, sir? -No, to the other side of the island.
-至少要走十英里路 -那就更一刻也不能耽搁
-But, sir, that must be at least ten miles. -Then there’s not a moment to lose.
我在那儿看到过不会飞的鸬鹚
That’s where I saw my flightless cormorant.
走吧
Come on.
长七英寸
Seven inches in length.
宽四英寸
Four inches wide.
颈长十五英寸
15-inches-long neck.
最宽处的宽度是六英寸
Width at the widest point, six inches.
可以用手抓它们 不会咬人
Padeen, put the net down and use your hands. They won’t bite.
这只不错
Here’s a good one.
小心抓
Pick them up carefully.
我们该回去了
Sir, I think we should be getting back.
在这儿军纪一点也没有用 我一定要找到鸬鹚
Naval discipline doesn’t operate out here, Mr Blakeney. I must find that cormorant.
要是它真的不会飞
And should it indeed prove flightless,
你可以跟我并列名为发现者
you can join me at the Royal Society dinner as co-discoverer.
我们要快一点
Sir, we must hurry.
你来背他 放下来 别管了
Padeen, you must carry him. Put those down. Leave them. Just put everything down.
把笼子打开
Open the cages.
-快上船 各就各位 -方向舵向右
-All hands, unmoor ship. -Mr Allen, I’ll have her on a starboard tack.
帮忙把乌龟放好
Let’s have hands to stow these tortoises.
波登 方向舵向右
Barret Bonden, put your helm hard to starboard.
它往南航行了两个钟头
He has a head start of two hours on us and he’s bearing south.
目的地一定是查理王岛 它在找清水
That can only mean King Charles Island. He’s looking for water.
就算追得上去也无法偷袭它 除非我们能隐形
If we caught up with her, to take her, we’d have to be bloody invisible.
帆往右舷拉
Brace the yards to starboard.
史蒂芬 你发现那只鸟了吗?
So, Stephen, did you get to see your bird?
没有 不过…其实有啦 只是没办法抓到
No. Well, yes, but I couldn’t catch one.
我最大的发现是那艘鬼船
My greatest discovery was your phantom.
没错 很遗憾你得把样本丢掉
Indeed it was. I’m sorry you had to leave the majority of your collection behind.
其实呢 我跟威尔有一样有趣的发现
In actual fact, Mr Blakeney and I did make one very interesting find.
是吗?
Is that right?
让我猜猜 这是一根树枝?
Let me guess. A stick?
告诉他
Tell him about it, Mr Blakeney.
-这是罕见的竹节虫 -竹节虫?
-It’s a rare phasmid, sir. -A phasmid?
它为了躲避掠食者 可以伪装成树枝
It’s an insect that disguises itself as a stick in order to confuse its predators.
“妖女号♥”
这也算是一种伪装
A nautical phasmid, Doctor.
对敌人来说这就是一艘捕鲸船
At least, to a hungry eye, if one has an appetite for whalers.
我打算从现在开始 多了解自然生物
I intend to take a greater interest in the bounty of nature from now on.
没想到研究自然生态也能有助于提高海上战略水平
I had no idea that a study of nature could advance the art of naval warfare.
我懂了
I see.
我要设下陷阱逮这个掠食者
Now to pull this predator in close and spring our trap.
-杰克? -在
-Jack? -Yes.
你才是掠食者
You’re the predator.
在那儿看不到船身
There. Hull-down, broad off the larboard bow.
就是它 没错
That’s a frigate, all right.
你的眼力真好
Damn, you’ve got good eyes, Barret.
浓烟再多一点
-Mr Allen. More smoke. -Aye, sir.
这样就能把它引过来
That’ll bring ’em about.
擦干净才会射得更直更准
That’s it, lads. Clean ’em up so they fly straight and true.
打火石要放进去
Let’s have fresh flints in all the locks.
把左舷大炮后轮卸下来
Larboard battery, unship your rear wheels.
放下来
Drop the gun.
-基里克 你也要换衣服 -天
-Come on, Killick, you too. Get dressed. -Oh, God.
-汤姆 -一切准备就绪
-Tom? -Our preparations are completed, sir.
很好 现在起 不准叫我长官 不准敬礼 不准鸣笛…
Good. Right, from now on no “sirs,” no salutes, no whistles, no bells.
是 长官
Aye, sir.
…我们都不太习惯
Yes, I think we’re all finding that quite difficult.
地狱号♥上关了30名捕鲸船员
There’ll be 30 or more whalers locked in the Acheron’s hold.
科勒米负责率人营救他们
After we board, Mr Calamy should take a party and free them.
-他行吗? -当年你行吗?
-You think him ready, sir? -Were you ready, Tom?
-也许他能扭转战局 -没错
-He may well turn the tide. -Indeed, sir.
它上钩了 转向
She’s taken the bait. Let’s come about.
装成捕鲸船员 动作慌张
Make a show of fleeing, panicky and disorganized, like a whaler might.
除了霍格以外
Present company excepted, Mr Hogg.
各就各位 快点 别让他们看到
Hurry up, or they’ll see you.
别管了 快上来扮成捕鲸船员
Eckhart, leave that. Just come up quick and get some whaler’s slops on.
-恭喜了 彼得 你升了三副 -谢谢
-Congratulations. Acting third lieutenant. -Thank you.
-听说我们要去营救捕鲸船员 -你要在后甲板留守
-I hear we’re to free the whalers. -You’re to be stationed on the quarterdeck.
很遗憾
I’m sorry, Will.
我要你们把船开得歪七扭八 让它迎风追上来
Make a bad show of keeping your course. Let her run up and luff every now and then.
-对不起 -把帽子脱下来 我们是捕鲸人
-Excuse me, sir. -Remove your hat. We’re whalers.
我想跟你谈谈 科勒米说我不能登船进攻…
Mr Calamy says I’m not on the boarding party. I want to say…
我知道你想说什么 我的答案是不行
I know what you want to say. And my answer is no.
你要率领你的炮兵 等我登上敌舰后指挥这艘船
You’ll lead your gun crew, then when we board, you’ll take command of the ship.
-你明白吗? -你要我指挥这艘船? 谢谢
-Do I make myself clear? -Take command of the ship? Thank you, sir.
-回到岗位上 -是
-Back to your station. -Yes, sir.
绑在右手辨别敌我
On your right upper arm, to tell friend from foe.
绑在这只手 你的右手
Davies, this arm. Starboard arm.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!