Then his entire gun crew’s killed. Soon as he went up the mizzen, Will falls.
换他值星 结果风就停了?
And whose watch was it when we lost our wind?
你站住
You there. Stand fast.
把他带下去 铐起来
Master-at-arms, take that man below and clap him in irons.
第八钟响时举♥行♥鞭刑
Mr Pullings, defaulters at eight bells.
遵命
Aye, sir.
把哈伦带到我的舱房♥
Bring Hollom down to my cabin.
你被他顶撞了怎么一句话也不说?
A man pushed past you, yet you said nothing. Why?
我想说 却说不出口
I intended to, sir, but the right words didn’t…
说不出口? 他这是以下犯上
The right words? He was deliberately insubordinate.
我试着跟他们做朋友
I’ve tried to get to know the men, sir, and be friendly,
他们却故意整我
but they’ve taken a set against me.
老在我背后说我坏话 不停地给我白眼
Always whispering when I go past and giving me looks.
以后我会对他们凶一点
I’ll set that to rights. I’ll be much tougher on them.
你不能跟水手做朋友
You don’t make friends with the foremastjacks, lad.
他们会看不起你
They’ll despise you in the end, think you weak.
你也不必当暴君
-Nor do you need to be a tyrant. -No, sir.
是 对不起
I’m very sorry, sir.
-你26还是27岁? -下礼拜就满30了
-You’re 26? 27? -I’m 30 next Friday, sir.
30?
你两次考上尉都没过
You’ve failed to pass for lieutenant twice.
你表现不差 也有航海知识 你不能一辈子都当见习官
I know you have, but you’re not a bad sailor. You can’t spend your life a midshipman.
是的 我会更努力
No, sir. I will try much harder, sir.
听好 他们需要的是领导
Look, Hollom, it’s leadership they want.
还有力量
Strength.
找出自身那种特质 就会得到他们的尊敬
You find that within yourself, and you will earn their respect.
没有尊敬哪来的纪律?
Without respect, true discipline goes by the board.
是的
Yes, sir.
力量 尊敬 还有纪律
Strength, respect and discipline, sir.
这是件很遗憾的事
It’s an unfortunate business, Hollom.
实在遗憾
Damned unfortunate.
-下去吧 -是
-That’ll be all. -Yes, sir.
-我也不喜欢鞭刑 -大家都认为是哈伦…
-I am not a flogging captain. -Hollom is a scapegoat for all the bad luck,
带来霉运
real or imagined, on this voyage.
请你过来
Mr Lamb? If you please.
他们都筋疲力尽
They’re exhausted. These men are exhausted.
你把他们操练得太凶
You’ve pushed them too hard.
我是请你来跟我聊天
Stephen, I invite you to this cabin as my friend.
不是质疑我的命令
Not to criticize nor to comment on my command.
我是不是该等你气消了才来?
Shall I leave you until you’re in a more harmonious frame of mind?
-你要我怎样? -把船上的酒都倒掉
-What would you have me do? -Tip the ship’s grog over the side.
-不给他们喝酒? -纳格当时喝醉了
-Stop their grog? -Nagle was drunk when he insulted Hollom.
你要我取消两百年的传统
Stop 200 years of privilege and tradition.
他们有酒喝就不会叛变
I’d rather have them three sheets to the wind than face a mutiny.
我倒能理解他们会想叛变
I’m rather understanding of mutinies.
他们离乡背井 被困在监狱一般的船上…
Men pressed from their homes, confined for months aboard a wooden prison…
我很尊重你的意见 但是我不能承受船员叛变
I respect your right to disagree with me, but I can only afford one rebel on this ship
你看不起海军就是看不起我
I hate it when you talk of the service in this way. It makes me so very low.
你以为我想鞭打纳格吗?
You think I want to flog Nagle?
他跟我切断绳子 害他好友送死
A man who hacked the ropes that sent his mate to his death?
在我的命令下
Under my orders?
看到没 没有纪律 这艘船就会一团混乱
Do you not see? The only things that keep this wooden world together are hard work…
他只是没向长官敬礼
Jack, the man failed to salute.
连大自然都有阶级之分
There’s hierarchies even in nature.
-大自然没有鄙视和羞辱 -不管他们是不行的
-There is no disdain in nature. There is no… -Men must be governed.
有时候管不好 但一定要管
Often not wisely, but governed nonetheless.
这是史上每个暴君的藉口 从尼禄到拿破仑都一样
That’s the excuse of every tyrant in history, from Nero to Bonaparte.
我反对独♥裁♥专♥制♥ 那只会带来痛苦与迫♥害♥
I, for one, am opposed to authority. It is an egg of misery and oppression.
你想搞革命来错地方了
You’ve come to the wrong shop for anarchy, brother.
四
Four.
五
Five.
六
Six.
七
Seven.
八
Eight.
九
Nine.
十
Ten.
十一
Eleven.
十二
Twelve.
把他放下来
Cut him down.
轻声一点
Not so loud.
把刀子放下来
Put that dirk down, Boyle.
你没事吧?
You OK, Mr Hollom?
-他没病 只是想偷懒 跟以前一样 -闭嘴
-He’s not ill, just dodging work as usual. -Shut up.
-你闭嘴 -别管他
-You shut up. -Just leave him be.
-喝一点水 -谢谢你
-Have some water. -Thank you.
哈伦生病了
Sir, it’s Mr Hollom.
他的身体没病 他认为自己受到诅咒
There’s nothing physically wrong with him. He thinks he’s been cursed.
水手什么都不怕 只怕碰到瘟神
Sailors can abide a great deal, but not a Jonah.
你怎么也信怪力乱神这一套
My God. You believe it too.
不是每件事都有科学根据的
Not everything is in your books, Stephen.
就是他对吧?
It’s him, innit?
他是瘟神
The Jonah.
都是他害的
He’s causing it.
鬼船是他召来的
He’s callin’ it up, don’t you see?
每次他值星 那艘船就会出现
Every time he’s on watch, that ship appears.
等着瞧吧
You wait and see.
今晚他值星 鬼船一定会出现
Anytime tonight, that ghost ship’s gonna turn up.
它会把我们带到十八层地狱
And it’s gonna take us all with it, straight down to the hot place.
哈伦
Mr Hollom.
你吓了我一大跳
You gave me such a start.
你好点了吗?
Are you feeling better now?
好多了 谢谢
Yes. Much better, thank you.
船长说明天就会起风
The captain thinks we’ll get our wind tomorrow.
一定会的
I’m sure of it.
你一直都对我很好
You’ve always been very kind to me.
再见了 布雷克尼
Goodbye, Blakeney.
约拿书
事实是 不是所有人都能如愿以偿
The simple truth is, not all of us become the men we once hoped we might be.
但我们都是上帝的子民
But we are all God’s creatures.
如果有人对哈伦有微词
If there are those among us who thought ill of Mr Hollom,
说过他坏话
or spoke ill of him,
或是瞧不起他这个人
or failed him in respect of fellowship,
我们乞求上帝的原谅
then we ask for your forgiveness, Lord.
还有他的原谅
And we ask for his.
赞美上帝
God be praised. Mr Mowett?
停在那儿
Avast there.
-有只鸟跟着我们 -什么鸟?
-Doctor, have you seen the bird? -What sort of bird?
有点像信天翁 要不然就是大个海鸥 它又来了
Some sort of albatross. Either that, or he’s a prodigious great mew. There it goes.
那儿 它是我的
There he is. My bird. Damn.
它在兜圈子
It’s circling, lads.
医生
Doctor?
天 医生
My God. Doctor.
对不起 那只鸟冲下来 我没看到你
I’m so sorry, man. The bird dropped low. I didn’t see you.
-科勒米 快去叫希根 -我没事
-Calamy, get Higgins. -I’m fine, Jack.
子弹把一块布打进去了
The bullet took in a piece of shirt with it.
不取出来就会生脓溃烂
Unless it’s removed, it’s gonna suppurate and fester.
你行吗?
Are you equal to the task?
我先得看医生的书 研究一些图片
I’ll need to read up on the doctor’s books. Study some pictures he has.
研究图片?
Study some pictures?
先让我搞清状况
It’s just to get my bearings, that’s all.
在陆地上比较容易 不会摇摇晃晃
It’d be a lot easier if I were on dry land. You wouldn’t have the…
我行的 等着瞧
I’ll manage. You’ll see.
海平线上有船帆 往西
Sail on the horizon, sir. Running west.
我们不确定 但应该就是它
We’re not sure, but we think it’s her, sir.
要去…
Better get…
再见了医生
Goodbye, sir.
就是那艘法国船
No mistakin’ it. She’s the Frenchie.
你要击鼓备战吗?
Shall we beat to quarters, sir?
跟我说 这是不是为了我
Tell me this wasn’t on my account.
当然不是 我只想下来走走 伸伸腿
No, not at all. I just needed to stretch my legs.
轻点
Gently there.
快点 准备好