And he had an average of about 120,
他平均大概有120
130 foals every year,
130匹马驹 每年
and he lived to be 36.
而且他活到36岁
And then when he died, they did an autopsy
后来他死的时候 他们给他做了一次病理解剖
and they found out that he was a raving queen.
他们发现他是极端女王化的
No, that’s a little-known fact, but it’s the truth.
不 那是一个很少人知道的事实 但是真的
Well, then, Painless has got a couple of good years left in him, doesn’t he?
那么 无痛哥还有好些年可活呢 是不是?
Maybe more. He hasn’t even started raving yet.
可能还要多 他还没有开始女性化
Painless is a dentist, and a dentist shouldn’t read. That’s his whole problem.
无痛哥是个牙医 牙医不该读书 他的问题就在这里
His problem is that he believes it. I mean, he really is convinced.
他的问题在于他相信它 我是说 他真的深信不疑
It’s an obsession, and it’s a vital force.
这是一种强迫症 也是一种活力
Here he comes! The jawbreaker.
他来了 下颚破碎者
No, don’t worry. He’s not gonna break anything.
不 别担心 他什么也不会打碎的
Just act natural.
自然些就好
Hey, Painless. How’s she going?
喂 无痛哥 她怎么样了?
Something in a marshmallow?
棉花糖里有东西?
No, it’s okay, fellas. I know you’ve been talking about me.
不 没关系 伙计们 我知道你们在谈论我
Well, I came over to tell you that I’ve decided that I’m…
嗯 我是过来告诉你们 我已经决定要…
going to commit suicide.
要实施自杀
Well, if you’re really gonna go ahead and do it,
哦 如果你真的要付诸行动
do you think you could leave me your record player?
你觉得可以把你的电唱机留给我吗?
Sure. Thank you.
哦 当然 谢谢
Gonna miss you, Painless. How do you plan to do it?
会想念你的 无痛哥 你计划怎么做?
A .45 between the eyes?
点四五在两眼中间开枪?
That’s awful sloppy. It’s reliable, though.
那可太草率了 不过蛮可靠的
Well, that’s another thing I wanted to ask you.
嗯 那就是我想问你们的另一件事
I’m sort of new at this game, and…
这种游戏我算是个新手…
Do you have any particular method that you’d recommend?
你们有没有什么特别的方法可以推荐的?
I don’t know. I think…
我不知道 我想…
my colleagues and I could come up with something
我的同事们跟我可以想出点办法
to relinquish the vital forces of their… Black capsule.
为他们放弃生命力… 黑胶囊
Black capsule. Of course. That’s neat.
黑胶囊 当然 太帅了
What’s a black capsule? Do you have any of them? Does it work?
黑胶囊是什么?你们有吗?它起作用吗?
It worked for Hitler and Eva Braun.
它对希♥特♥勒♥和伊娃·布劳恩都起作用
It should work for you. It’s simple and it’s effective.
应该对你也起作用 它很简单而且有效
Hawkeye, I really must…
鹰眼 我真的得…
I should check with the military vicar’s office.
我应该跟军方牧师办公室确认一下
You see, I cannot give absolution to a man who is about to commit suicide.
你看 我不能为一个将要自杀的人赦罪
It’s a mortal sin.
这是不可饶恕的罪恶
Look, Dago, he is not committing suicide.
听好 “劣质红” 他不是要实施自杀
He is only intending to commit suicide.
他只是打算实施自杀
So you’re not dealing with an act, you’re dealing with an intention.
所以你不是要处理一个行为 你是要处理一次意图
And if it works, if what we’re doing works, then he will not commit suicide,
而且如果起作用 如果我们的计划起作用 他就不会自杀
so therefore you’re preventing a mortal sin. Okay?
所以这么一来你是防止了一次不可饶恕的罪恶 好吗?
Well, I should check.
哦 我应该去确认
Well, you check on it.
你去确认吧
Well, there’s…
那个…
All right, where you at?
好了 都坐好
There you go.
就这样
Now, then, you’ve all come here to say your final farewell to old Walt here.
现在 你们都来这里给老沃特做最后的道别
Farewell, Walt. Dear old Walt.
别了 沃特 亲爱的老沃特
You know
你们看
I got an idea that maybe it’s not such a final farewell after all.
我有个想法 也许这并非是最终告别
I think maybe old Walt’s going on into the unknown
我想也许老沃特是要去到未知世界
to do a little recon work for us all. Uh?
为我们大家小小侦察一下 对吧?
I just…I just want to say one thing.
我只想…我只想说一件事
Nobody ordered Walt to go on this mission.
没人命令沃特去执行这个任务
He volunteered for certain death. That’s true.
他自愿赴死 的确是
That’s what we award our highest medals for.
我们为此奖给他我们的最高奖章
That’s beautiful.
真漂亮
That’s what being a soldier is all about.
这就是作为军人的意义所在
Yeah. Hear! Hear! Yes. Yes.
对 对对
Gentlemen, I think there’s only one person who has anything to add to that,
先生们 我认为只有一个人可以加上几句话
and that’s Dago Red.
那就是“劣质红”
The padre. Let’s hear it for the padre.
牧师 让我们听听牧师说话
Walt, here is…here’s your black capsule.
沃特 这是…这是你的黑胶囊
Look, this thing works pretty fast, doesn’t it?
这东西发作相当快 是不是?
I think I better go lie down over there.
我想我最好是去那边躺下
Walt, that’ll help you.
沃特 这个可以帮你
Through early morning fog I see
透过晨雾我看见
Visions of the things to be
事物所具有的幻象
The pains that are withheld for me
那为我保留的疼痛
I realize and I can see
我意识到 我也能看到…
That suicide is painless
自杀乃是无痛的
It brings on many changes
它会带来很多的变化
And I can take or leave it if I please
而且我可以随自己高兴 要它或是不要它
The game of life is hard to play
人生的游戏太难玩
I’m going to lose it anyway
反正我会输掉它
The losing card I’ll someday lay
那张输的牌我哪天会放下
So this is all I have to say
所以这就是我要说的话
That suicide is painless
自杀乃是无痛的
Wherever you go, take this. Good luck.
不论你去哪里 拿上这个 好运
It brings on many changes
它会带来很多的变化
And I can take or leave it if I please
而且我可以随自己高兴 要它或是不要它
I’ll always remember you just like this.
我会永远记得你这个样子
The only way to win is cheat
唯一能赢的办法是作弊
And lay it down before I’m beat
在我被打败之前把它放下
And to another give my seat
把我的座位让给别人
For that’s the only painless feat
因为那是唯一无痛的功业
Painless.
无痛哥
Suicide is painless
自杀乃是无痛的
It brings on many changes It was really nice of you. Thanks for asking me.
它会带来很多的改变 你们真太好了 谢谢邀请我
And I can take or leave it if I please
而且我可以随自己高兴 要它或是不要它
Thing is,
情况是…
you’re throwing your whole education away.
你抛弃了你所受的的全部教育
And you can do Good night, jawbreaker.
而且你也可以做… 晚安 下巴粉碎者
The same thing
同样的事情
If you please
只要你愿意
Hi, baby.
嗨 宝贝
Hi. I’m glad you could come.
嗨 我很高兴你能来
Sorry it was so late.
抱歉这么晚了
That’s okay. I really couldn’t sleep anyway. I’m so nervous.
没关系 我反正睡不着 我好紧张
You leaving tomorrow?
你明天走吗?
Yeah. I’ll be on my way in less than 12 hours.
对 还有不到12小时我就在路上了
I suppose who it’s going to be really roughest on, though, is your husband.
我琢磨着这样真的会对一个人很恶劣 就是你丈夫
Why are you all of a sudden so concerned with him?
你干嘛突然这么关心起他来了?
I mean, a man would be more considerate to his wife.
我是说 男人要是更体帖老婆一点
He wouldn’t go home a nervous wreck.
他就不会神经脆弱地回家去
You’re just going to have to stop using logic
你必须停止使用逻辑学了
’cause you’re just proving… No, it could be a purely impersonal thing.
因为你刚证明了… 不 它可以是一件纯粹非个人化的事情
…why I shouldn’t go to bed with you.
为何我不该和你上♥床♥
I didn’t mean me.
我不是说我
You have the rare privilege that happens on certain occasions
你有一个只在特定场合才会有的罕见特权
to chief executives of states or nations.
州或国家最高长官才有的
You have the privilege of restoring a human being’s life
你有恢复一个人生命的特权
by a tender act of mercy.
一次出自仁慈的善行
What is this? Hawkeye, is he dead?
这是什么?鹰眼 他死了吗?
No, no.
没有 没有
He’s not dead. Not yet.
他没死 还没有
Painless has a grave psychological problem,
无痛哥有一个惨淡的精神问题
and you’re the only person who can help him.
而你是唯一能帮助他的人
Oh, no, Hawkeye. Oh, no. Come on.
哦不 鹰眼 哦不 得了吧
No, Maria. No, you’ve got to look on this as a nurse.
不 玛丽亚 不 你得从护士的观点看待此事
Painless needs it for therapeutic value.
无痛哥需要的是治疗价值
It will help him, and it certainly wouldn’t do you any harm, either,
这样可以帮助他 而且肯定不会对你有所伤害
to think about it for a bit.
你就稍微想一下
If you think that your virtue is more important than Painless’ life
如果你认为你的贞操比无痛哥的生命更重要
that’s fine. That’s entirely up to you.
那也没关系 完全由你决定
I just want you to stay here and be with him for a minute.
我只想要你留在这里 跟他待一会儿
Just look at him.
看着他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!