May I see you, sister?
我因舟车劳顿,眼睛很疲惫
My eyes are weary from travel.
我应该对你的爱忠贞
I should have stayed true to your love.
我应该以你为榜样终生不婚
I should have followed your example and never married.
那你就不会生下儿子
Then you would have no son.
但他妈妈现在失去了皇冠
Whose mother is without a crown.
自己的王位也被舅舅夺走
Whose own throne is usurped by his uncle.
你必须保持信念
You must have faith.
你的兄长会信守承诺的
Your brother will keep his word.
我丝毫不信任他
I have no faith in him.
我只信任你
I have only faith in you.
难道你愿意让大家认为
You would let them show the world
他们可以随便罢黜女王?
that a queen can so easily be forsworn?
回答我
Answer me, sister.
为了一名天主教♥徒♥
To war with Scotland
跟苏格兰开战 又背叛自己的牧师,我做不到
and betray my own clergy on a Catholic’s behalf. No, I cannot.
你明知我做不到
You know I cannot.
你冒这么大的风险过来 只是为了拒绝我?
Did you come so far at such great risk only to refuse me?
我来…
I came…
我来是因为…
I came because…
若你不给我一支军队
If you refuse me an army…
那就当着我的面说
Say it to my face.
不要背对着我逼我求你
Do not force me to beg to your back.
若非要跪地的话我也愿意
I will kneel before you if I must.
那不会改变什么
It would make no difference.
你在英格兰是安全的
You are safe here in England.
我只能给你这个承诺
That’s all I can offer.
我被好多人遗弃
I have been abandoned by so many.
我孤身一人
I am utterly alone.
我也是
As am I.
孤身一人
Alone.
那就做我的姐妹
Then be my sister.
当我儿子的教母
Be my boy’s Godmother.
我们可以联手起来 征服所有怀疑我们的人
Together we could conquer all of those who doubt us.
别相信他们的谗言
Do not play into their hands.
他们的目的就是挑拨离间
Our enmity is precisely what they hope for.
你的心胸比辅佐你的臣子宽大
I know your heart has more within it than the men who counsel you.
我现在反而更像个男人
I am more man than woman now.
是我的王位使然
The throne has made me so.
但我对你不怀仇恨
But I have no enmity with you.
但你却资助叛军
Except to seed rebellion
一再地欺骗我
and to deceive me, time and time again.
若你还想要我庇护你
If you still seek my protection,
最好说话小心一点
you would do well to watch your words.
我才不会被位居下位者斥骂
I will not be scolded by my inferior.
位居下位者?
Your inferior?
我是斯图亚特家族的人
I am a Stuart,
这让我比你更有资格 争夺英格兰王位
which gives me greater claim to England than you possess.
我请人家做了这个
I had this made
因为我想在你面前 展现最好的一面
because I wanted to present the best version of myself.
我嫉妒
I was jealous.
你的美貌
Your beauty.
你的勇气
Your bravery.
跟你生的孩子
Your motherhood.
你似乎样样比我厉害
You seemed to surpass me in every way.
但我现在发现我不必羡慕你
But now, I see there is no cause for envy.
你的天赋
Your gifts
就是你的弱点
are your downfall.
现在如何?
What now, sister?
我还是愿意庇护你
You will still have my protection,
只要你接受我的条件 -直到有一天你把我杀了
under my terms. – Until you have me killed.
我不会做出这种事的
I will do no such thing.
不会吗?
Wouldn’t you?
如同亨利杀了你的母亲?
As Henry killed your mother?
我不像我的父亲
I am not my father.
但你身上流着他的血
But you share his blood.
只要你不煽动我的敌人
As long as you do not provoke my enemies,
你就没什么好怕的
you have nothing to fear.
你的命运操之在己
Your fate rests in your own hands.
若我投靠你的敌人
If I seek to help your enemies,
那肯定是你逼我这么做的
’tis only because you pushed me to their arms.
若你杀了我
And should you murder me,
就是杀害你的手足
remember you murder your sister
也是弑杀你的女王
and you murder your Queen.
把她带到能看守她的地方
Take her somewhere you can guard her well.
时间到了
It’s time.
妹妹
Sister.
有人提供给我 上面有你字迹的书面证据
Evidence has been presented to me written in your hand.
你与天主教势力策划要暗♥杀♥我
It shows that you have conspired with Catholic forces against my life.
不管那是否真是你写的
Whether these letters are in your hand or not,
我不得不采取行动
I must act.
但愿我能亲口对你说这些话
I wish I could speak these words to you directly.
但我只能把话放在心里
But they exist only in my mind
当作祷告
as both a prayer
与忏悔
and a penance.
希望上帝会听见
I hope that God will hear them.
相信我,把唯一同我一样
Believe me when I tell you how it ages me to bear such a burden,
了解作为女王是什么感觉的女人处死
ordering to death the only other woman
令我的心感到无比沉重
who knows what it means to rule as a queen in this land.
我们上次交谈时,你说得没错
You were right when we spoke a half-lifetime ago.
你预见了将来会有这一天
You said the day would come,
而这一天来临了
and that day has come.
伊莉莎白
Elizabeth
我后悔当初不早点做我现在做的事
I regret not doing then what I do now,
省得你这么多年
so that I could have spared you so many years
忍♥受痛苦的囚禁生活
of imprisonment and misery.
若你现在看到我,一定会认不出我
If you would lay eyes upon me now, you would not recognize me.
我为了王位,彻底失去了自己
I have relinquished all sense of self to the throne,
我的一言一行都因此受到约束
which rules my every word and action.
但当我想起你
But when I think of you,
我看到的不是一个苍老的女人
I see not an aged woman,
反之,我看见一位 年轻又灿烂迷人的女王
but rather the young, resplendent Queen
正如同我在多年前 第一次见到你的肖像
whose portrait I first gazed upon five and 20 years ago,
还有我们相见时,你散发的美貌
and whose beauty shone so brightly when we met,
即使你当时处于绝望中
despite her despair.
我知道上帝会如此迎接你
I know God’s arms will accept you in that likeness…
把你看作是年轻、充满霸气的女王
As the young, fierce Queen
一个我一直以来敬爱钦佩的人
who I have always loved and admired.
愿你的灵魂宽恕我
May your soul have pity on mine.
女王陛下
Your Grace.
女王陛下
Your Grace.
奉英格兰、威尔斯、爱尔兰
By order of our sovereign Elizabeth,
及苏格兰最高君主
Queen of England, Wales and Ireland,
女王伊莉莎白命令
Overlord of Scotland,
经过枢密院及国会的许可
certified by her Privy Council and Parliament,
玛丽斯图亚特
Mary Stuart is condemned to death
于1587年2月8日
this day, February the eighth,
被判死刑
the year of our Lord 1587.
她认为自己是殉道者
She thinks herself a martyr.
詹姆士
James,
我唯一的儿子
my only son,
我祈祷你在一生中
I pray that with your life
能到达我所不及之地
you will succeed where I could not,
而我即将为此献上我的命
and for which I am about to give my life.
我的结束即是我的开始
In my end is my beginning.
我将在天上看着你
I shall be watching you from heaven
在你统一两个王国的那一天
as your crown, one day, unites two kingdoms.
那一天,和平就会到来
And we shall have peace.
玛丽密谋暗♥杀♥表姑此说备受争议
但她被处死 就不再能威胁伊莉莎白的王位
伊莉莎白终其一生未婚、未生子
也未立王储,她在位将近45年
玛丽之子詹姆士平安长大 并在伊莉莎白死后
成为首位统治英格兰及苏格兰的君主