玛丽一世出生即受洗为天主教♥徒♥
由于新教♥徒♥想掌控苏格兰
玛丽年幼就被送到 天主教掌权的法兰西
她15岁嫁给了法国王储
18岁成了寡妇并重回祖国
此时,苏格兰的新教势力已取得优势 政♥权♥由玛丽同父异母的兄长掌控
伊莉莎白是英格兰信奉新教的女王
玛丽在血缘上 绝对有继承英格兰王位的资格
她的存在严重威胁了 伊莉莎白的统治权
1587年,英格兰
1561年,苏格兰
快点
Come on.
爱丁堡荷里路德宫
吾兄
你想必累了
You must be tired.
我好得很
I’m quite well.
晚餐准备好了
Your supper is being prepared.
想要的话,可以请人送到你的闺房♥
We can have it brought up to your chambers, if you like.
好的,谢谢
Yes, thank you.
你打算待多久?
How long are you staying?
在荷里路德宫? -苏格兰
At Holyrood? – In Scotland.
你已经在臆想我何时离开?
Are you already planning my departure?
当然不是,我们一直很希望你归国
Of course not. We’ve long awaited your return.
凯特会带你到闺房♥
Kate will show you to your chambers.
女士,这边请
This way, Madam.
波斯维尔勋爵 你也打算待在这里吗?
Lord Bothwell, do you intend to stay as well?
我曾对她的母亲誓言要保护她
I swore an oath to the Queen’s mother to protect her.
她在这里很安全
She is well protected here.
我仍想实现承诺
I’ll uphold my oath just the same.
你期望得到什么回报?
And what reward does your loyalty command?
我只想善尽责任,无其他意图
I’m driven by duty. Not ambition.
女士,您的表侄女 从法兰西返回苏格兰了
Madam, your cousin has returned from France.
她的侍护是波斯维尔勋爵 一名能武善战的士兵
Her protector is Lord Bothwell. An able soldier.
英格兰朝廷 所以她已厉兵秣马?
So, she comes ready for war?
她可能一成婚就会离开 最好别妄下定论
She may well depart once married, but I cannot profess to know her purpose.
她的兄长怎么说?
What says her brother?
摩瑞只是她同父异母的兄长
Moray is only her half-brother, Madam.
我相信他效忠于我们
I believe his allegiance is fully with us.
凭什么证据?
What proof?
他誓言要保护新教,与玛丽对抗
He pledges to protect the Protestant Church from Mary.
但他必须当权摄政才能实现诺言
Yet he has no power to make such a pledge if he is no longer Regent.
他备受贵族尊敬
The nobles respect him.
但他制得了她吗?
But can he control her?
若她跟我们的女王一样 就肯定是匹脱缰之马
If she is anything like our Queen, then she does not yield to a bridle.
御马官如是说
So says our Master of the Horse.
你所谓的“缰”是指政♥治♥联姻吗?
By “bridle,” do you speak of matrimony?
跟苏格兰说 我们愿视斯图亚特家族如己
You may tell Scotland that we wish to love the Stuarts as our kin.
但他们必须给我们对等回报
But they must love us in return.
女士,容我说话?
Madam, if I may speak?
她只要在这座岛上 就得听命于您,而不是罗马
While she’s on this island, she must bow to you, not to Rome.
必须让天主教♥徒♥知道
Our Catholics must know
不会再有天主教♥徒♥ 坐上英格兰王位
that a papist will never again sit on the English throne.
你有何意见?
What would you suggest?
抹杀她的希望
Kill her hope.
或许她绝望之际会回到欧洲大♥陆♥
And hopeless, she may return to the comfort of the continent.
里齐欧,唱得真好
Bravo, Rizzio.
你的手跟你的法文一样厉害吗?
Is your hand as good as your French?
女士,我的手?
My hand, Madam?
我们是相生相息的姐妹
We are two sisters bound by womanhood.
两个亲王在同座岛上
Two princes on the same island.
我们必须和平共处,一同统治祖国
Ruling side by side, we must do so in harmony.
而不是仰赖位居下位者 所起草的条约
And not through a treaty drafted by men lesser than ourselves.
我想立下双后条约
I wish us to make a treaty of two queens.
我会承认你拥有英格兰王位
I would acknowledge your rightful place on the English throne,
只要你愿立我为继位者
were you to name me your successor.
我希望我们能面对面
I hope we might meet in person.
让我给你一个拥抱
That I might embrace you.
一起决定我们的命运
And we might resolve our destinies.
贝丝,你看到什么?
What do you see, Bess?
迷人
Charming.
美丽,若画家照实画的话
Fair, if the painter does not lie.
年轻
Young.
聪明
Clever.
充满自信
Confident.
她就算没有王位
She would have no trouble securing a husband,
也不必担心嫁不出去
even without her throne.
您也一样,女士
Nor would you, Madam.
请原谅我
Forgive me.
伊莉莎白不愿嫁给我
Elizabeth will not accept my hand in marriage.
别这么武断 -我因为了解她所以知道
You cannot be certain. – I know because I know her heart.
我只要贪求王位就会失去她
The moment I betray it with ambition, I lose her heart.
那你宁愿她失去王位吗?
Would you rather she lose her crown?
别故甚其词
You exaggerate.
这场宗教之争牺牲了多少人?
How much blood has been spilled in Rome’s name?
要是有天主教女王 比我们的女王先产下孩子
If a Catholic queen bears a child before our own,
无庸置疑,我们势必又要开战
have no doubt, blood will spill again.
勇敢一点,别被她的沉默打败了
Muster your courage. Save us from her reticence.
她不会生小孩
She will not produce a child
因为她的枢密院害怕苏格兰女王
because her council fears the Queen of Scots.

Aye.
她也不愿嫁人
Nor will she marry.
因为她认为追求者只是垂涎王位
She suspects all suitors of wanting her throne.
她不愿嫁给我
She will not have me.
要不是我们缺子嗣 我也不会让臣民称王
Nor would I have a commoner be king, were we not in need of an heir.
我有她的信任,你有她的心
I have her trust, you have her affections.
你只要成功,我就…
You can succeed where I…
威廉,早安 -女士
Good morning, William. – Madam.
罗伯特
Robert.
迷人的女士
Resplendent.
陪我走?
Would you?
列辛顿的威廉梅特兰,内阁大臣
That’s William Maitland of Lethington, Secretary of State.
约翰诺克斯,苏格兰教会
John Knox, Church of Scotland.
弦松掉了
Uh, loose string, yeah.
开始吧
Let us begin.
雷诺斯勋爵 -勋爵
Lord Lennox. – My Lord.
请女王恳求玛丽女王
I would ask our mistress to beseech Queen Mary
允许我返回苏格兰…
that I be allowed to return to Scotland…
这里不适合谈论此事
This is not the place.
让一名天主教♥徒♥在那里服侍 是明智之举
It would be wise to have a Catholic servant there.
我的影响力… -正是因为你的影响
My influence… – It is your influence
让这里的天主教♥徒♥胆大包天!
which emboldened papists here!
你真是为自己带来耻辱,神父
You humiliate yourself, Father.
相信你们之中有许多人
I am sure there are many of you.
不想与一名法国天主教女王为伍
Didn’t want to be associated with a French Catholic Queen.
但你们的女王回到苏格兰了
But your Queen is in Scotland now.
当我心爱的弗朗索瓦蒙主宠召
When my beloved Fran?ois passed to God,
我大可嫁给众多追求者中的任何一位
I could’ve married any number of suitors.
葡萄牙、丹麦、瑞典
Portugal, Denmark, Sweden.
但我全都予以拒绝
I declined them all.
正如我不会接受政♥治♥联姻
Just as I would not have a political marriage imposed upon me,
我也不会让我臣民的命运飘移不定
I will not impose an uncertain fate upon my subjects.
他们想敬拜谁就敬拜谁
They remain free to worship however they so choose,
天主教或新教皆可
Catholic or Protestant.
牧师,你似乎对我们的容忍♥不满
Pastor, you look displeased with our tolerance.
女士,教宗统治的领地 是不容忍♥异端的
Any realm that is ruled by the Pope is not tolerant, Madam.
他们只会奴役异端 -跟我说话要站起来
It is enslaved. – Stand when I address you.
世上只有独一真神
There is one true God,
所以只有独一真宗教
and therefore, one true religion.
你这派大话只会煽动叛乱
Such rhetoric incites revolt.
若是一名亲王偏离了上帝的旨意
If a prince strays from God’s will,
我们毫无疑问会反抗
it is not in doubt that they may be resisted.
而依您的情况,正如所有女人
And in your case, as with all women,
您的视野盲目
your sight is but blindness.
您的意志软弱
Your strength, weakness.
枢密院愚昧
Your counsel, foolishness.
您又感情用事,缺乏判断力
Your judgment, frenzy.
难道您要我们同时效忠于 一名天主教♥徒♥跟一名女人?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!