说到下午的事情 那个笑话是这样的
Speaking of afternoons, the joke goes like this.
我知道有个人名字叫史密斯 他有条假腿
I know a man with a wooden leg named Smith.
史密斯 我们不认识叫史密斯的人
Smith? We don’t know anyone called Smith.
笑话还没有讲完
And there was a second chap,
另一个家伙问 他的另一条腿叫什么名字
and the second chap says, “What’s the name of his other leg?”
我们还在天花板上开了一个非常棒的茶会
And we had a lovely tea party on the ceiling!
哦 孩子们 请安静
Oh, children, please be quiet.
玛丽·泼平斯说如果我们乖 她还会带我们去那儿的
Mary Poppins says if we’re good, she’ll take us there again.
哦 玛丽·泼平斯这样说的吗
Oh. Oh, Mary Poppins said that, did she?
请回到你们自己的房♥间去 好吗
Will you please return to your room.
玛丽·泼平斯 请随我来好吗
Mary Poppins, will you be kind enough to come with me?
好的
As you wish.
玛丽·泼平斯 我很遗憾 有些话我不得不说
Mary Poppins, I very much regret what I must say to you.
晚上好 乔治 有什么问题吗
Good evening, George. Is anything the matter?
我恐怕是的
I’m afraid there is.
我很想留下来
I, I’d love to stay,
但是我不得不换衣服了 因为今晚还有个集♥会♥
but I have to dress for my rally in Hampstead.
威妮弗蕾德 我希望你能留下来
Winifred, it is my wish that you be present!
好的 乔治 当然
Oh, yes, George, of course.
玛丽·泼平斯 我不得不说 我对你感到非常失望
Mary Poppins, I must confess I am extremely disappointed in you.
终于轮到她了 我以前就听过主人这样讲话
She’s for it now. I’ve heard the master do this speech before.
我不否认对于孩子们将全部的时间
I don’t deny that I am partially responsible for allowing the children…
都浪费在毫无意义的游戏上 我应该承担一定的责任
to spend their days on worthless frivolity to the exclusion of all else!
但是现在已经到了让他们认识到生活的严肃性的时候
But it is high time they learned the seriousness of life!
但是 乔治 他们还是孩子
But, George, they’re only children.
精确地讲 鉴于已经发生的
Precisely. And in the light of what has happened…
乔治 你肯定你在说些什么吗
George, are you certain you know what you’re doing?
我相信我知道 威妮弗蕾德
I believe I do, Winifred.
一家英国银行运作于准确无误的基础之上
A British bank is run with precision
一个英国家庭也要运作在丝毫不差的基础上
A British home requires nothing less
传统 纪律和规则是我们必须的工具
Tradition, discipline and rules must be the tools
没有了它们 混乱 无序
Without them disorder, chaos
道德崩溃
Moral disintegration
总之带来的是可怕的混乱不堪的局面
In short you have a ghastly mess
我非常赞同
I quite agree.
孩子们必须被引导 塑造和教导
The children must be moulded shaped and taught
生活是一场终究要面对和参与的战斗
That life’s a looming battle to be faced and fought
总之我很惊讶地听到我的孩子们讨论
In short, I am disturbed to hear my children talking about…
跑到马路上的粉笔画里
popping in and out of chalk pavement pictures…
与驯马师联欢 猎狐
consorting with racehorse persons, fox hunting.
当然这件事本身我并不反对
Yes, well I don’t mind that quite so much.
毕竟它是传统的活动
At any rate, it’s traditional.
但是在天花板上的茶会 请问是怎么回事
But tea parties on the ceiling? I ask you.
在天花板上开茶会
Having tea parties on the ceiling
以及其它各种令人疑惑的出游
and highly-questionable outings of every other kind!
如果他们必须出游的话 那么出游应该有
If they must go on outings These outings ought to be
明确的目标和实际的意义
Fraught with purpose Yes, and practicality
还有那些愚蠢的话
These silly words like
比如超 超级
Superca… Super…
-超级霹 -超级霹雳快乐得不得了
-Superca… -Supercalifragilistic-expialidocious.
是的 很好 就是你说的
Yes, well done. You said it.
到画里面
And popping through pictures
毫无意义 没有任何必要
Have little use fulfil no basic need
他们需要开始认识真正的现实
They’ve got to learn the honest truth
尽管年纪还小 他们必须学会
Despite their youth They must learn
-向您那样的生活 -正是如此
-About the life you lead -Exactly.
他们需要体会统计分类帐差额簿的兴奋
They must feel the thrill of totting up a balanced book
-成千个数字整齐地排成一行 -很对
-A thousand ciphers neatly in a row -Quite right.
当瞥一眼显示利润上升的图标
When gazing at a graph that shows the profits up
-兴奋就溢满他们那小小的心灵 -的确如此
-Their little cup of joy should overflow -Precisely!
-他们应该学着沿着你的脚印走路 -是的
-It’s time they learned to walk in your footsteps -My footsteps.
满怀骄傲地沿着你的笔直且狭窄的道路前进
To tread your straight and narrow path with pride
-带着骄傲 -是的
-With pride. -With pride.
明天正如你所建议的那样
Tomorrow just as you suggest Pressed and dressed
简和迈克尔将会穿着整齐地和你一起
Jane and Michael will be at your side
好极了 你说的准确无误
Splendid! You hit the nail right on the…
和我一起 去哪儿
At my side? Where are we going?
当然是去银行 完全按照您的建议
To the bank, of course, exactly as you proposed.
-我的建议 -当然
-I proposed? -Of course.
现在如果你不介意
Now, if you’ll excuse me.
明天对于孩子们来讲是个重要的日子
Tomorrow’s an important day for the children.
我要让他们睡个好觉 晚安
I shall see they have a proper night’s sleep. Good night.
威妮弗蕾德 我说过要带孩子们去银行吗
Winifred, did I say that I was going to take the children to the bank?
-听上去确实是的 亲爱的 -哦
-It certainly sounded that way, dear. -Oh.
为什么不呢 一个极好的主意
And why not? A capital idea!
这正是对付眼下混乱局面的一剂良药
Just the medicine they need for all this slipshod, sugary…
他们在这里接触的都是女人的不切实际的想法
female thinking they get around here all day long.
好主意 非常好
Quite right. Good idea. Quite right.
好主意 非常好
Good idea. Quite right.
玛丽·泼平斯 我们不让你走
Mary Poppins, we won’t let you go!
走 你们到底在说什么
Go? What on earth are you talking about?
你不是被解雇了吗
Didn’t you get sacked?
解雇 当然没有 我从来没有被解雇过
Sacked? Certainly not!I am never sacked!
-哦 玛丽·泼平斯 -好噢 好噢
-Oh, Mary Poppins! -Hurrah, hurray, hurray,
我也不是五朔节花柱 请别围着我转
Neither am I a maypole. Kindly stop spinning about me.
-但 -但什么但
-But? -Goats butt, birds fly…
孩子们 你们必须早点睡觉
and children who are going on an outing
明天要跟你们的父亲一起出去
with their father must get some sleep.
-过来睡觉 -跟父亲出去
-Come along, please. -An outing with Father?
-是的 -我不信
-Yes. -I don’t believe it.
他以前从来没有带我们出去过
He’s never taken us on an outing before.
他从来没有带我们去任何地方
He’s never taken us anywhere.
-你怎么做到的 -做到什么
-However did you manage it? -Manage what?
你一定用了什么方式把这主意塞到他的脑瓜里了
You must’ve put the idea in his head somehow.
胡说
What an impertinent thing to say!
我怎么可能把主意塞进人们的脑袋里 真是的
Me putting ideas into people’s heads? Really!
-他要带我们去哪里 -去银行
-Where’s he taking us? -To the bank.
哇 迈克尔 去城里我们能看到好多风景
Oh, Michael, the city! And we’ll see all the sights,
爸爸会指给我们看
and Father can point them out to us.
是的 多数风景他能发现
Well, most things he can.
但有时候 我们所爱的人却不能看到
But sometimes a person we love through no fault of his own…
-他眼皮底下的事情 -眼皮底下的
-can’t see past the end of his nose. -Past the end of his nose?
是的 有时候一些小事情其实非常重要
Yes. Sometimes a little thing can be quite important.
哦 看啊 这是主教座堂
Oh, look! The cathedral.
爸爸每天都从旁边经过 他常看到
Father passes that every day. He sees that.
每天清晨 在圣保罗大教堂的台阶上
Early each day to the steps of St Paul’s
有一位孤独的老妇人
The little old bird woman comes
用她自己独特的方式
In her own special way
向人们叫卖♥♥着
To the people she calls
来买♥♥吧
Come buy my bags
鸟食
Full of crumbs
喂喂这些小鸟
Come feed the little birds
照顾它们
Show them you care
你会感到快乐
And you’ll be glad if you do
它们的幼鸟非常饥饿
Their young ones are hungry
它们的鸟巢非常简陋
Their nests are so bare
只要花您两便士
All it takes is tuppence from you
来喂这些小鸟
Feed the birds
一袋两便士
Tuppence a bag
只要两便士
Tuppence, tuppence
两便士一袋
Tuppence a bag
来喂这些小鸟
Feed the birds
她正是这样叫卖♥♥
That’s what she cries
在头顶上
While overhead
鸟儿在空中盘旋
Her birds fill the skies
主教座堂顶上的所有圣人和使徒雕像
All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
都注视着她
Look down as she sells her wares
虽然你看不见
Although you can’t see it
但每次有人显示出
You know they are smiling
他的爱心 购买♥♥鸟食的时候
Each time someone shows