年轻夫妇该有自己的家
A young husband and wife should have their own home.
至于我的姐妹卡沙妮那 她是我姐姐 她也很老了
And my sister Caterina, well… she’s my sister, but I must say she’s an old goat.
我这一辈也一直想服侍她
And plenty of time in my life I feel like throw the milk bottle at her myself.
我现在告诉你们 如果卡沙妮那愿意来此和我和马蒂一起住
But I tell you right now, if Caterina wants to come and live here with Marty and me,
我并不反对
it’s all right with me.
太好了 泰丽沙阿姨
That’s very nice of you, Aunt Theresa.
但我也要征求马蒂的同意 – 当然 当然
Of course, we gotta ask Marty first. – Sure, sure.
你们坐一下 我去把晚餐热一下
Sit here. I go in the kitchen and turn a little fire under the cooking.
你太好了 泰丽沙阿姨
That’s very nice of you, Aunt Theresa.
马蒂近来如何 泰丽沙阿姨
How’s Marty been lately, Aunt Theresa?
他很好 你有没有认识的适合他的好女孩
Oh, he’s fine. You know a nice girl he can marry?
不必担心 他会结婚的
Oh, don’t worry. He’ll get married.
我不知道 他常待在家里
I don’t know. He sits around the house all the time.
你知不知道有哪个地方 有好姑娘的
You know a nice place where he can go to get a bride?
有一个叫星尘酒店的地方 里面有个大舞池
There’s the Stardust Ballroom. That’s a big dance hall.
每个周末夜都会有很多女孩子 那个地方不错
Every Saturday night it’s loaded with girls. It’s a nice place.
门票七角七分 以前是七角七分 现在可能涨到一块半了
You pay 77 cents. Well, it used to be 77 cents. Probably a dollar and a half now.
进去后可以请个女孩跳舞
You go in and ask some girl to dance.
很不错 我就是在那里认识维琴的
It’s a respectable… That’s where I met Virginia.
泰丽沙阿姨你告诉马蒂到星尘酒店去 一定有收获
You tell Marty to go to the Stardust Ballroom. It’s loaded with tomatoes.
星尘酒店 一定有所收获
“The Stardust Ballroom. It’s loaded with tomatoes.”

Right.
泰丽沙阿姨 你对我们太好了 我们太感激您了
Aunt Theresa, this is so nice of you. I want you to know we appreciate it.
他回来了
He’s here.
哈啰 马蒂 – 哈啰 妈
Hello, Marty. – Hello, Ma.
汤姆和维琴妮亚来了
Thomas and Virginia are here.
他们和你卡沙妮那阿姨起了争执
They just had another big fight with your Aunt Caterina,
所以他们问我卡沙妮那可不可搬来和我们一起住
so they ask me if it’s OK Caterina come live here.
我说 我没问题 但得问一下你
I said all right with me, but we gotta ask you.
马蒂 她是一个老女人 没有人要她
Marty, she’s a lonely old woman. Nobody wants her.
大家都赶她出去
Everybody’s throwing her out they house.
妈 不要紧 我不在意 – 你真好心
Well, sure, Ma. It’s OK with me. – You got a good heart.
马蒂说卡沙妮来此不要紧 – 马蒂 多谢你 感激不尽
Marty say it’s all right she come here. – Thanks. Takes a load off of my mind.
这里房♥间很多 – 没有问题
We got plenty of room here. – Oh, it’s gonna be nice.
我今晚到你家和卡沙妮那谈谈 我想一切都没问题的
I come over tonight, I talk to Caterina. Everything is gonna work out all right.
我真感谢你们 因为是迫不得已
I wanna thank you because it was becoming impossible.
汤姆 请坐吧
Sit down, Thomas. Sit down.
马蒂 我真要感谢你和你母亲 因为…
Marty, I appreciate what you and your mother are doing because…
哦 – 你听我说发生的那件事
Oh. – No, listen. What was happening…
当时维琴妮亚在厨房♥泡牛奶 我妈刚好进去…
Virginia was makin’ milk and my mother…
汤姆 我和褓母约好六点 – 好
I promised the baby-sitter six o’clock. – OK.
汤姆 你走前 我想听听你的意见 – 嗯 是什么
Before you go, I need some advice. – Sure. What?
你是我们家族的会计师 我想我问你最适合 我的老板想把店卖♥♥给我
Well, you’re the accountant in the family. My boss wants to sell his shop to me.
哦 – 他的孩子都结婚了 他和老婆也没有任何牵挂
Oh, yeah? – Well, him and his wife live alone.
他们想搬到加州 住在他们的一个女儿附近
They wanna move out to California and live near their married daughter.
他开价五千元 但我想我可以杀价到四千
Well, he wants $5,000 down, although I think I can knock him down to four.
汤姆
Tommy!
马蒂 这样好了 我该走了 我们明天在弥沙见面
Marty, I gotta run now, but I’ll meet you at mass tomorrow.
之后我们再好好谈这件事 这似乎不错
Afterwards we’ll discuss it. It sounds like a good proposition.
好 汤姆 他礼拜一就要我答覆 – 没问题
OK. He wants an answer by Monday. – Oh, sure.
马蒂 等我把我妈安置好之后 我会付你钱的…
We’ll work out an arrangement about my mother. I wanna pay you…
不 瞧 – 汤姆
No, listen… – Tommy!
我们到时再联络 再一次谢谢你
We’ll talk about it later. Thanks again.
再见 马蒂 – 再见 维琴 回头见
Goodbye, Marty. – Goodbye, Virginia. See ya soon.
再见 泰丽沙阿姨… – 再见 泰丽沙阿姨 谢谢
Goodbye, Aunt Theresa. – Goodbye, Aunt Theresa. Thank you.
哈啰 是玛丽菲妮吗
Hello. Is this Mary Feeney?
我想找玛丽菲妮小姐
Well, could I speak to Miss Mary Feeney?
我是她的老朋友
Just tell her an old friend.
你好 你是玛丽菲妮小姐么
Oh, hello there. Is this Mary Feeney?
你好 我是马蒂费拉迪 不知道你是否还记得我
Hello there. This is Marty Piletti. I wonder if you recall me.
我人很壮硕 上次我们见面在阿克斯特影剧院
Well, I’m kind of a stocky guy. The last time we met was in the RKO Chester.
你和你的朋友在一起 我和我的一个叫安吉的朋友一起
You was with a friend of yours and I was with a friend of mine name of Angie.
是一月前的事
This was about a month ago.
在“西农场广场”的阿克斯特影剧院
The RKO Chester on West Farms Square.
对 你们坐在我们前面 我们吵到你们 你们生气了
Yeah, you was sittin’ in front of us and we was annoyin’ ya and you got mad.
我是那个在肉店工作的
I’m the fella who works in a butcher shop.
你一定知道我是谁
Oh, come on, you know who I am.
对 后来我们到强森餐厅吃汉堡 你叫了一个奶昔
That’s right! And then we went to Howard Johnson’s. You had a milk shake.
对 我是那个身材壮硕的那一个
Yeah, that’s right. I’m the stocky one, the heavyset fella.
对 很高兴你还记得我 因为我觉得那一晚 我们玩得不错
Yeah. Well, I’m glad you recall me, because I had a pretty nice time that night
所以我们打电♥话♥来问候你
and I was wonderin’ how everything was with you.
你好不好
How’s everything?
太好了
That’s swell.
我告诉你我为何打电♥话♥ 我打算今晚去看电影
Yeah, well, I’ll tell you why I called. I was figurin’ on takin’ in a movie tonight
我在想你和你的朋友
and I was wonderin’ if you and your friend would care to see a movie tonight
想不想和我和我的朋友一起去
with me and my friend.
对 今晚
Yeah, tonight.
我知道现在很晚了…
I know it’s a little late to call for a date, but I didn’t know myself till…
对 我知道
Yeah, I know.
那可不可以..
Yeah, well, what about…
下周六如何 下周六有空吗
Well, how about next Saturday night? Are you free next Saturday night?
哦 那下下周六呢
Well, what about the Saturday after that?

Yeah.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
我了解 我明白
Oh, I mean, I understand that…

Yeah.

Yeah.
你今晚要作什么 马蒂
So, what are you gonna do tonight, Marty?
不知道 妈 我很累 我想在家里
I don’t know, Ma. I’m all knocked out. I may just hang around the house.
你为什么不去星尘舞厅
Why don’t you go to the Stardust Ballroom?
什么
What?
我说你为何不去星尘舞厅 可能会有收获的
I say “Why don’t you go to the Stardust Ballroom?” It’s loaded with tomatoes.
什么收获 – 开玩笑吧
It’s loaded with what? – Tomatoes.
是谁告诉你这星尘舞厅 妈
Who told you about the Stardust Ballroom, Ma?
是汤姆 他说那地方不错 – 哦 汤姆
Tommy. He say it’s very nice place. – Oh, Thomas!
那只是一家舞厅而已 我去过几百次了
Ma, it’s just a big dance hall, that’s all. I been there a hundred times.
有收获 真好笑 妈
Loaded with tomatoes! Boy, you’re funny, Ma.
马蒂 我不要你今晚在家里
Marty, I don’t want you hanging around the house tonight.
我要你去刮个脸然后去跳舞 – 妈 你还不放弃吗
I want you go shave and go dance. – Ma, when are you gonna give up?
你还是一个单身汉 – 你一定要结婚
You got a bachelor on your hands. – You gonna get married.
妈 一个男人迟早要结婚的 但你必须面对现实
Ma, sooner or later there comes a point in a man’s life when he’s gotta face facts.
而我必须面对的事实是 不管是那一种女人 我都没份
One fact I gotta face is whatever it is women like, I ain’t got it.
我这么多年也追了很多女孩 我也跳了很多舞
I chased after enough girls in my life. I went to enough dances.
我听够了 不想再听了
I got hurt enough. I don’t wanna get hurt no more.
我下午打了个电♥话♥给女孩子 又被扫兴
I just called up a girl this afternoon. I got a real brushoff, boy.
我想我已习惯了 但还是很难过
I figured I was past the point of bein’ hurt, but that hurt.
我竟然打电♥话♥给一个呆女人 她扫我的兴
Some stupid woman who I didn’t even wanna call up. She gave me the brush.
妈 我不想到星尘舞厅
I don’t wanna go to the Stardust Ballroom.
因为我所遇到的将是 那些女孩令我觉得是讨人厌
All that ever happened to me there was girls made me feel like I was a bug.
我有这感觉 我够痛苦了 我不想再要了 妈
I got feelings, you know. I had enough pain. No, thanks, Ma.
马蒂… – 不要这样
Marty… – No.
我今晚要呆在家里
I’m gonna stay home tonight.
你这样会没有子嗣的 – 那又如何
You gonna die without a son. – So I’ll die without a son.
马蒂 你可以穿上蓝西装 – 蓝西装 灰西装
Marty, put on the blue suit, huh? – Blue suit, grey suit.
我太胖了 一个又胖又丑的人
I’m just a fat, little man. A fat, ugly man.
你不丑 – 我很丑 我很丑 我很丑
You not ugly. – I’m ugly! I’m ugly! I’m ugly!
马蒂 – 妈 别烦我了
Marty. – Ma! Leave me alone!
妈 你要还要我如何 我够痛苦了
Ma, what do you want from me? I’m miserable enough as it is.
好 我去星尘舞厅 我穿蓝西装去
All right, I’ll go to the Stardust Ballroom. I’ll put on a blue suit and go.
你知道我会自己惹上麻烦吗 心碎 整晚的心碎
You know what I’m gonna get for my trouble? Heartache. A night of heartache!
收获
Loaded with tomatoes!
可笑
That’s rich.
今晚人真多… – 对
Not a bad crowd tonight, you know? – Yeah.
那里穿黑色衣服那个不错
There was a nice-lookin’ one over there with the black dress on.
但现在他和别人跳舞
But she’s dancin’ now.
那里有一个小个子的长得不错
Hey, there’s a nice-lookin’, little short one for you down there.
那里 – 那边小个子的那个
Where? – Down there. That little one down there.

Oh, yeah.
如何 去请她
What do you say? Wanna ask ’em?
我请那个穿花边衣服的
I’ll take the one with the flowers on her dress.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!