没什么事 比养第一只狗的经历
You know, there’s nothing like
更让人难以忘怀了
The experience of raising your first dog.
如影随形的快乐
Simple joy of walking side by side
一起外出 呼吸清新的空气
With your buddy out in the fresh air…
扔木棒
Throwin’ a stick.
人与狗狗相伴 共度一段安宁的时光
Spending some quiet time just you and your very best friend.
当然了 那不是我的经历
Of course, that wasn’t my experience.
那孩子也不是我
That kid’s not even me.
那个才是我 我追的那疯狗就是马利
That’s me, and that crazy hound I’m chasing is Marley…
世上最糟糕的狗 -抱歉
The world’s worst dog. – Sorry!
或是我这样认为 -马利
Or so I thought. – Marley!
不过 这故事开始于马利出生之前
But our story begins before Marley was born
那是4年前 我婚礼那天
Four years before, on my wedding day
那天 恰巧赶上
Which also happened to be the day of
密歇根南部史上最怪的一场
The worst freak spring blizzard
春天里下的暴风雪
In the history of southern Michigan.
那天车也抛锚了 不过我们毫不在意
Same day our car broke down. We didn’t care.
老天 感觉真棒
Ooh. God, that feels so good.
婚礼当天大刮暴风雪
Wow. So, what do you think-
这事你怎么看
What do you think that means-A blizzard on your wedding day?
好运 还是霉运呢
Is that good luck? Is that bad luck?
我觉得 是好运
I think- I think it’s good luck.
我是怎么娶到你的 -什么
How did I get you? – What?
说实话 我怎么这么好运呢
No, honestly. How did i How did I get that lucky?
是啊 我也一直纳闷
Well, you know…I get asked that question all the time.
得了
Come on.
老公 你在开玩笑吗
Are you kidding, honey?
你是计划的一部分
You’re part of the plan.
什么计划 -我的计划
The plan? – Mm-Hmm. My plan.
第1 邂逅一位无比可爱 风趣 性感的帅哥
Step one, meet an incredibly sweet, smart, sexy man.
完成 第2呢
Done. Step two?
和那帅哥结婚
Marry you instead.
哦 就是现在 然后是第3步
Oh, now and step three
不听 我以为不会再有任何步骤了
No, I don’t think I can take any more steps.
你不想听听第3步吗
You don’t wanna hear step three?
恩 第3步是什么 -很简单
Yeah. What’s step three? – It’s easy.
悠着点儿说 -搬到个暖和点的地方
Be gentle. – Move someplace warmer.
就知道你会说那个
I knew you were gonna say that.
马利和我
满面桃花笑盈盈
Shiny, happy people laughing
人海之中偶相逢
Meet me in the crowd
男男女♥女♥
People, people
共浴爱之河
Throw your love around
爱我爱我
Love me, love me
让爱充满小城
Take it into town
快乐无比
Happy, happy
让爱至之处
Put it in the ground
鲜花儿绽放
Where the flowers grow
七彩阳光耀
Gold and silver shine
谢谢 -好了 你肯定能搞定这工作的对吧
Thank you. – All right, you know you got this, right?
对 我能搞定 -你是谁
Oh, yeah. I got it. – Who are you?
我不是约翰·戈罗甘嘛
I’m John Grogan?
不 你是一定能胜任都市报记者
No, you’re John friggin’ Grogan who’s about to
这份工作的牛人约翰·戈罗甘
Get a job as a reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper.
好的 好的
Good. Good.
不过现在我一点都不想下车
But now I don’t feel like getting out of the car.
不 宝贝 你必须要下去
You have to. No, baby.
行啦 赶紧下车 下去
Come on, get out of the car. Get out.
那现在我又是谁 -拜托
Now, who am I again? – Oh, please.
塞巴斯蒂安说你获过奖
Sebastian says you won some kind of award.
米策 我得过米策奖
Mitchie. I have a Mitchie.
相当于密歇根西部的普利策奖[新闻奖]
It’s like a Pulitzer, but from western michigan.
米策奖
A Mitchie.
是什么原因让你放弃
So, tell me what made you leave the estimable
卡拉马祖报的工作
Kalamazoo gazette?
如您所知 塞巴斯蒂安和我是校友
Well, as you know, Sebastian and I were in college together…
他 他
And he w…he was
他一直跟我说南佛罗里达特别好
He was always saying how great south florida is
我和妻子也许会很喜欢这里
And that maybe my wife and I might enjoy it here,
所以我们决定搬到这里来
So we decided to come down here.
你也喜欢扮喜剧演员吗 -您说什么
Are you a comedian too? – Excuse me?
像你朋友那样
Like your friend over here.
不 -他老这么干 就是在冒险了
No. – He’s walking a very thin line.
好在他文章确实写的不错
It’s a good thing he knows how to write.
那么你妻子是珍妮·海恩斯喽
So your wife is Jenny Havens?
对 珍妮·戈罗甘 我们结婚了 她跟我姓
Yes. Jenny Grogan ‘Cause we’re married. She took my name.
她在邮报工作吗 -对
She get the job at the post? – Yes, she did.
邮报为什么没请你去 -我没投申请
Why didn’t they want you over there? – Well, I didn’t apply.
珍妮擅长做专栏
Jenny’s more of a feature writer…
我擅长做前线新闻
And I’m more of a straight news writer.
我认为这样正好各尽其责
I thought this would be a better fit for that.
你为何认为自己
You think you’re better
比今早来面试的那六位
Than the six journalism school graduates
新闻学院毕业生更适合这份差事
That came here looking for work this morning?
我也不知道是否更适合
I don’t know if I’m better.
不过我经常可以让自己大吃一惊
What I do know is that I have a tendency to surprise myself.
10年前的我抽大♥麻♥ 玩大金刚[电子游戏]
Ten years ago I was doing bong hits and playing donkey kong.
从未梦想能上大学 但我上了
I never dreamed I’d get into college, but I did…
而且毕业成绩很优秀
And I graduated with honors.
我从未梦想能在报社工作
And I never thought I’d get a job at a real newspaper,
但我得到那工作了
But I did.
而且理所当然 我从未想过
And I certainly never thought I’d get a girl…
能娶到珍妮·海恩斯当老婆 我也娶到了
Like Jenny Havens to marry me, but I did.
怎么样 -那工作有人捷足先登了
So? – They’ve already got a guy on the metro desk.
真遗憾 老公
I’m sorry, honey.
不过他们给了我个
That’s putting me a little thing
他们称作”沙漠风暴”的版面 让我试试
They like to call desert storm.
你得到工作啦 -是的
You got the job? – I got the job.
你成功了 老公
You got the job, baby! Ooh!
约翰·戈罗甘 我就知道
John Grogan, I knew it!
我就知道
I just knew it! Okay, look.
瞧这个 看到没
Watch this. Look. See what happens?
工作 搞定
“Job. Done.”
好吧 然后呢 午饭吗 -房♥子
Okay, so what’s next? Lunch? – House.
房♥子 -房♥子
House. – House.
你看到对那减速坝的评论了吗
Did you get to the quote about the speed bumps yet?
哪怕只能救下一条生命 -也是值得的
‘If they save even one life’- – ‘…it would be worth it.’
说着 让·迪克森的双眼噙满了热泪
And with that, Jan Dickerson’s eyes filled with tears.”
噙满了热泪 -你喜欢吗
Filled with tears. – You like that?
还是觉得太老套了 -没
Or is it too corny? – Yeah. No.
是不是有太煽情了
Is it a little over the top?
老公 “沙漠风暴”那栏呢
Hey, honey, what happened to the, uh the desert storm piece?
写的是科威特那个受伤女孩的爸爸
That’s it. The injured girl’s dad’s in kuwait.
没在上面吗
Is that not in there?
我想是被删掉了
Uh-Uh. I think they cut that.
他们把你名字拼错了
They-They spelled your name wrong.
约翰·戈尔甘 -开玩笑吧 让我看看
“John Gorgon.” – You’re kidding. Let me see that.
忘了吧 -你说笑吗
Forget it. – Are you joking?
别在意 很好 真的很好
Forget it. You know what? It’s good. It’s really good.
多姿多彩 有理有据
It’s got the facts. It’s got color.
真是篇好文章 -谢谢
It’s a really solid piece. – Thanks.
我试着写了些有血有肉的东西
Well, I mean, I tried to breathe some life into it, you know-
对 -我喜欢这篇 我快看完你的了
Yes. – I like this article. I’m almost done with yours.
投票机的点子听上去还真有用
This idea of voting machines sounds really efficient.
翻到下一页 你就明白
Well, when you get to the next page, you’ll see…
我说的意思 -好的 我看下
That I talk about what could happen. – Hey, it Oh, okay. I see.
转到下页
It continues.
不过说实话 剩下的
But actually, the rest of it…
真的就算凑合
Is really just okay.
有点无聊 -不不
It’s actually kind of boring. – No, no. I It’s-
我喜欢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!