It went from Dilles Bottom Ohio to Moundsville West Virgina.
这桥连接俄亥俄的多士巴和西维吉尼亚的玛瑟夫
It spans 912 feet above the Ohio river.
在俄亥俄州河面上横跨912英尺[约277米]
12,100 people a day use this thing a day.
每天有一万两千一百人通过
And It cut out 35 miles
这桥把从惠灵到新马顿赛
of extra driving each way, between Wheeling and New Martinsville.
的单程距离缩短了三十五英里
That’s a combined 847,000 miles of driving, a day.
一天总共是八十四万七千英里
Worth 25,410,000 miles a month;
一个月 两千五百四十一万英里
and 304 millions 920,000 miles a year.
一年 三亿四百九十二万英里
Saved.
就这么节省下来了
Now, I completed that project in 1986.
那桥是我在1986年完成的
That’s 22 years ago.
就是二十二年前
So, over the life of that one bridge
从桥建成以后算起
that’s 6 billion708 million240 thousand miles
总共节省了
that haven’t had to be driven!
六十七亿八百二十四万英里的车程
At what? Let’s say 50 miles an hour
时速呢 就算五十英里每小时吧
So, that’s
那就是
a 134 million, 164 thousand 800 hours…
一亿三千四百十六万四千八百小时
or
也就是
559 thousand 20 days.
五十五万九千零二十天
So that one little bridge has saved the people
这么一座小桥
of those two communities a combined,
让这两个社区的居民
1531 years of their lives
总共节省了一千五百三十一年
not wasted in a fucking car.
不用浪费在车厢里
One thousand five hundred and 31 years!
一千五百三十一年啊
Jesus.
老天啊
I guess you better get back over there.
我想你还是快公司吧
Yeah.
好的
Thanks for coming by.
谢谢你专程拜访
You’re welcome.
不客气
Who the fuck is this?
谁他妈的又来了啊
I’d imagine it’s the firm’s people.
我猜是公司派来的
What?
什么
Tuld doesn’t want any loose ends.
图德做事滴水不漏
He fired me.
他炒了我
Fuck them.Fuck them.
去他妈的
I totally agree. Fuck them. So, come back,
我非常赞同 去他们的 所以你回来
take the money, you’ll be home by five.
拿了钱 五点前就能到家
Otherwise, they are going to fight you on everything.
否则 他们会处处和你作对的
They are going to fight you on the package, the options…
在你遣散合同的条款上搞些小动作
Be smart.
你要聪明点
Well, you’re a better man than I.
好吧 你一直是个好人
That’s always been true.
我一直比你好
Yes, it has.
是的
The house looks good.
这房子看上去不错
Thanks.
谢谢
Hey Eric…
艾瑞克
don’t beat yourself up too much about this stuff, alright?
别太计较这些数据
Some people like driving the long way home.
有些人就是喜欢绕远路回家
Who the fuck knows. Right?
谁知道呢 对吧
There he is.
你在这里啊
John.
约翰
How’s it looking?
情况怎么样
Cohen has done a nice job. It can work.
科恩干得不错 计划行得通
What does that mean?
你这话什么意思
It means, as you very well know,
意思是 正如你所知
that you are a very important piece of this puzzle.
你是这个计划中很重要的一环
It’s very generous.
你好大方啊
It’s not a gift.
不是白送你的
I need to know you are with me on this.
我得确信你会在我这边
I’m with the firm John.
我站在公司这边
I won’t get what I need out of
只有当你的手下相信你时
your boys on the floor, unless they believe you.
他们才能完成好交给他们的任务
Unless they believe in you completely.
你得博得他们完全的信任
Are you in, on this?
你同不同意呢
I told you my reservations.
我说过 我有底线的
You can’t have reservations!
你不能有任何底线
And I need to know now.
我现在就要知道这点
Look John..I’m completely with the firm,
约翰 我完全站在公司这边
as I always have been. Excuse me.
一如既往 借过
Alright, Will. Am I getting fired?
威尔 我会被解雇吗
I don’t know.
我不知道
Yeah, almost definitely yes.
嗯 几乎是裁定了
Are you? No.
那你呢 我没事
Seth, it’s nothing you did.
塞思 并不是你的错
You’re just in a wrong firm, in a wrong time.
你只是在错误的时间进了错误的公司
Young guys are always the one to get called.
年轻员工总是最先被裁
Listen, nothing I can say will make you feel better
听着 不管我怎么说也不会让你好受点
It’s gonna suck for a while… and then you’ll be fine.
难过一阵子 你就振作起来了
You alright?
你还好吗
Yeah, yeah. I’m fine.
嗯 还好
For what it’s worth, I’m sorry this is happening to you.
不管有用没用 我很抱歉这事让你赶上了
Don’t be. You didn’t do it to me.
别这样想 不是你裁的我
Still, At least you’re
不过 你至少
gonna have some nice cash to walk away with.
有一笔丰厚的遣散费
I guess.
大概吧
This is really gonna effect people.
人们会受此牵连
Yeah, it’s gonna affect people like me.
是啊 我就要受牵连
No, real people.
不是 我指普通人
Jesus, Seth.
天哪 塞思
If you really wanna do this with your life,
如果你真想干这一行
you have to believe you’re necessary.
你得相信这世界少了你不转
And you are.
事实也如此
People wanna live like this,
人们要想过现在这种的生活
in their cars and their big fucking houses,
开好车 住他妈的大房子
that they can’t even pay for.
即使他们根本负担不起
Then, you’re necessary.
他们有所求 你有所与
The only reason, that they all get continue living like kings is
他们能帝王般地享受一切的唯一原因
‘cos we got our fingers on the scales in their favour.
是我们为他们推高了信贷额度
I take my hand off.
要是我们不玩了
Well then the whole world gets really fucking fair,
整个世界都会他妈地急速变公平了
really fucking quickly and nobody asks you one shite.
而且没人会对你放半句屁
They said they do but they won’t.
他们说过会有意见 但实际上没有
They want what we’ve to give them,
他们想要我们提供的一切
but they also wanna you know,
但是也想装装无辜
play innocent and pretend they’ve no idea where it came from.
搞得这一切像是天上掉的馅饼
That’s more hypocracy than I’m willing to swallow.
我受不了这种虚伪
So, fuck.
所以 去死吧
Fuck normal people!
操他妈的普通人
You know, the funny thing is,
搞笑的是
tommorow, if all of these goes tits up,
到了明天 如果一切万劫不复
they’re gonna crucify us,
他们会对我们口诛笔伐
for being, too reckless.
怪我们太肆无忌惮
But if we are wrong,
但是如果我们错了呢
and everything gets back on track?
一切恢复如旧呢
Well then, the same people
同样一批人
are gonna laugh until they piss their pants.
会笑我们笑到小便失禁
because we are gonna look like the
因为我们看起来就是
biggest pussies that God ever let through the door.
上帝造物以来最大的胆小鬼
Do you think we are gonna be wrong?
你觉得我们错了吗
Nah, I don’t know… fuck.
我不知道 操
Good morning.
早上好
Peter…
皮特
you want one?
来一支吗
I don’t smoke.
我不抽烟
That’s good. I don’t much either.
那很好 我也不常抽
You tired?
你疲倦吗
Of what?
对什么疲倦
Remember, I don’t work as hard as you do.
记着 我工作没你那么认真
Oh, That’s not true.
哪有的事
No, it is…actually.
不 真的