A million?
一百万吗
Will Emerson made two and half million last year.
威尔·埃默森去年赚了两百五十万
Fuck you.
去你的吧
Fuck you, how do you know that?
你怎么知道的
He told me.
他跟我说的
He just told you.
他直接告诉你的吗
Well I asked him. Yeah, he told me.
我问过他 他告诉我的
Do you think that’s true? Yeah probably.
你觉得是真的吗 恩 有可能
That’s fucked up. Why… why’s that fucked up?
这可真胡扯 有什么胡扯的
Does that seem right to you? Right?
你觉得那可能吗 不可能吗
Jesus.
天呐
So… what do you think that means Rogers puts away?
你觉得罗吉斯把钱存起来了吗
I have no idea, Seth. This traffic’s a fucking nightmare.
我不知道 塞思 这交通真他妈堵
Gentlemen?
先生们
Will. Mr. Rogers.
威尔 罗吉斯先生
Come with us, please.
请跟我们走吧
Sam, this is Seth Bregman and this is Peter Sullivan.
萨姆 这位是塞思·布雷格曼 这位是皮特·苏利文
Will, where are we going?
威尔 我们要去哪儿
Going to get a second opinion on your work, Peter.
去听听别人对你那份报告的看法 皮特
So Sam, what do you have for us?
你想给我们看什么 萨姆
Well… they’ll be here in a minute.
资料马上就到
Finding someone in the copy room at this hour
这么晚了还能找到打印人员
was a little bit of a challenge.
可真是不容易
Okay, let’s go right into introduction.
那我就开门见山 给大家介绍一下
This is Sarah Robertson who you know,
这位是萨拉·罗伯逊,
chief risk assessment officer.
首席风险评估官
Ramesh Shah from upstairs and
楼上的同事拉梅什·沙
David Horn, one of the firm’s in house council.
大卫·霍恩 公司内部顾问
Nice to meet you all. This is my head of trading, Will Emerson.
幸会 这位是威尔·埃默森 我们的交易主管
And this is…
这位是
Peter Sullivan, and Seth Bregman.
皮特·苏利文以及塞思·布雷格曼
They work in our risk department.
他们在风险部工作
Where is Eric Dale?
艾瑞克·戴尔在哪儿
He was let go today.
他今天刚被解雇
Who’s left in your risk department?
你们风险部还剩哪些人
As of today that would be Peter
目前就还剩皮特
and our junior analyst Seth.
还有初级分析师塞思
Really?
就这样吗
Will Emerson?
威尔·埃默森在吗
Yes, please just hand it out.
是我 请直接发给大家
Thank you.
谢谢
Apparently Eric had been working on this for some time
显然艾瑞克一直在研究这份东西
but was unable to finish it.
但未能得出结果
This morning as he left the building,
今天早上他离开时
he handed the program to Peter here,
他把这个项目交给了皮特
and asked him to take a look at it.
并让他查看一下
Peter did.
皮特看了
He put in a few things that Eric seemed to be missing.
并补全了艾瑞克遗漏的那些信息数据
and this is what came out.
就得出了这份报告
Peter, is this your work?
皮特 这是你做的吗
Mostly Mr. Dale’s…
大部分是戴尔先生的功劳
But is this your draft?
但是你起草的
Yes.
是的
Again, expanded on original work of Eric’s. But yes.
但我是在艾瑞克所整理的数据基础上做的
What is your background?
你经历如何
My background?
我的经历吗
Your CV.
你的履历
I’ve been with the firm for 2 and half years
我已经在这里工作两年半了
working with Eric that whole time.
一直在艾瑞克手下干活
But I hold a doctorate in engineering,
我拥有麻省理工的工程博士学位
speciality in propulsion, from MIT, with a Bachelors from Penn.
推进是我的专业研究方向 而我本科毕业于宾大
What’s a specialty in propulsion, exactly?
推进领域具体研究些什么
My thesis was a study in the way that friction ratios
我的论文是研究弱重力负荷的环境下
effect steering outcomes in aeronautical use under reduced gravity loads.
摩擦比在航空应用中的导航效果
So, you are a rocket scientist?
这么说 你是个火箭专家
I was.
以前是
Interesting. How did you end up here?
有趣 那你怎么在这儿工作了呢
Well it’s all just numbers really,
其实都是和数字打交道
you’re just changing what you’re adding up.
只不过计算的内容变了
And to speak freely,
而且说实话
the money here is, considerably more attractive.
这里的报酬要高得多
What time is it?
几点了
Fuck me.
真该死
Fuck me.
该死
And I’m guessing, by the fact that
如果我没记错的话
you two haven’t said anything that the math checks out?
你们俩到现在 对这些数据还没发表任何意见
Look, we’d need some time to go over this,
我们需要时间来仔细阅读这份报告
but Mr. Sullivan here seems to know what he’s doing.
但苏利文似乎很清楚这些数据的含义
So, it would appear we have a problem.
所以显而易见 公司出现了问题
Thank you for that. What time is it?
劳您提醒 现在几点了
Fuck me. Fuck me.
他妈的 真见鬼
Sam.
萨姆
How long under normal operations,
正常情况下你们
would it take your people to clear that from our books?
需要用多长时间来抛售这些资产
What?
什么
All of it? Yes.
所有的吗 是的
I don’t know, weeks.
不确定 几周的时间
Weeks? Yeah, weeks.
几周吗 没错
But as you certainly know our business is selling and buying.
你也知道我们的交易包括买和卖
It doesn’t work for very long without both components.
两者缺一不可
We suddenly stops buying for a day or two,
如果突然有一两天停止买入
that’s not something you can hide under the rug,
这种事绝对纸包不住火
That gets out.
早晚会泄露出去
and when it does,
而一旦泄露
this whole thing comes to a end… and right quick.
眨眼之间 这一切就都玩完了
I understand. Do you?
我懂了 真懂了吗
Yes.
是的
How many traders do we
你们这层和彼得森那层
have left between your floor and Petersen’s?
还剩下多少交易员
I don’t know, what?
不知道 有多少
Sixty, sixty.
六十左右吧
Jared, as I look at this more closely,
贾德 细看这份报告之后
it’s these VAR numbers that are really setting this thing off.
我认为是风险价值数据引起的这个问题
Excuse me.
稍等片刻
Please.
请继续
As I was saying, and I speak completely off the record.
我正说到 请各位不要外传
It’s only a matter of time
迟早都会有别的公司
before someone else starts putting these in.
像我们一样统计这些数据
and they come up with exactly the same results.
得出一样的结果
And look at exactly what we’re looking at right now;
和我们身处一样的境地
If they haven’t already.
早晚的事
Understood.
我明白
And Sarah, what value would you allow to be placed on
萨拉 如果非定不可的话
those assets that might be left on the books, if they had to?
你会给帐上剩余的资产估价多少
Why would they still be on the books?
为什么它们还会在账上
Because suddenly nobody wants to fucking buy them.
因为大家突然他妈的不愿买它们了
Fuck you Sam! Will you give me a fucking break here?
见鬼萨姆 你能不能给我闭嘴
Without an active market, it would take weeks
在非活跃的市场下 要花上数周
or months for me to come up with accurate value on them.
甚至几个月的时间去精确地为其估价
You’ll have to go block by block.
这要一步一步来
Yeah. Look Sarah, it’s a very simple business right,
萨拉 这件事情很简单
we talked about this last… Sam.
我们那天不是讨论过 萨姆
Will, Peter and… what the fuck is his name?
威尔 皮特还有那谁 他叫什么来的
Seth.
塞思
Thank you. Seth, could you please, give us for a few moments.
多谢 塞思 能不能请你们回避一下
And Peter?
对了皮特
Has anyone else has seen this? No one aside from us.
还有别人看过这个吗 只有我们两个
And Eric Dale? Yes.
还有艾瑞克·戴尔 是的
And can it really be possible
难道我们真的
that we don’t know, where Eric Dale is?
找不到艾瑞克·戴尔他人吗