哦,不,我们朋友很少,没有家人
Oh, no. We had very few friends, no family.
就是个简单仪式,是吧?
Just a simple affair, huh?
是啊,这样最好,是不是?
Well, they’re the best, aren’t they?
– 对 – 我想,然后人就安息了
– Yeah. – I guess. Then you’re laid to rest and…
你看,我那个…就是…
You know, I was just… Where…
呃,那个联合墓地在哪里?
Uh, where are the twin cemetery plots?
因为我们先前就认为那是个很浪漫的办法
‘Cause we were thinking that that was just such a romantic idea.
是吧,拉里?你看,拉里
Weren’t we, Larry? You know, Larry?
你记得我们说起联合墓地的时候
You remember when we were talking about the twin cemetery plots…
就是说,那个,那样多么浪漫
and, you know, how kind of romantic that is?
– 记得吧? – 对,对,是说过
– Remember? – Yes, yes! We were.
与爱人永恒相守
Spending eternity with the beloved.
我现在说话像是那些人一样了
I sound like one of those guys now.
– 对 – 不过我只是在想,那个…
– Yeah. – But I was just wondering, where…
– 那块墓地在哪里? – 哦,是在,呃,奈亚克
– where is the cemetery? – Oh, it’s, uh, in, uh, Nyack.
我们以前时不时去那里度夏
We used to summer there occasionally.
那个联合墓地的话题是怎么回事? – 听着,拉里
What’s all that stuff about twin cemetery plots? – Listen, Larry.
我是说,我们从没讨论过它
You know, I mean, we never discussed it at all.
但我知道你是要告诉我点什么,所以我迅速领会到了
I knew that you were trying to tell me something, so I picked up on it quickly.
– 好的,就是… – 你知道我们…
– Okay, just… – You know we…
我当时在厨房♥,是吧?我在做咖啡
I was in the kitchen, okay? I was making the coffee?
没有咖啡豆,所以,我看了看他的碗橱
There were no beans. So, I was looking in his cupboards just to see.
然后我就撞见了一个罐子,懂吧?
And I came across this urn! Okay?
我打开它,里面装的是灰
I opened it and there were ashes in it.
灰?骨灰吗?你有没有洗手?
Ashes? Funeral ashes? Did you wash your hands?
– 拉里,他让人把她火化了 – 你怎么知道就是她?
– Larry, he had her cremated. – How’d you know it was her?
老天爷,那是骨灰,怎么,长得像豪斯太太吗?
For chris’s sake, they’re ashes. What, did they resemble Mrs. House?
– 噢,那还能是别的谁?好吗? – 谁都可能,可能是个亲友
– Who else would it be, okay? – Anybody. It could be an associate,
– 一个旧亲戚,他的会计师 – 哦,噢
– an old relative, his accountant. – Uh-huh. Oh.
– 他的猫,谁知道呢? – 对啊对啊,藏着?还得藏着?
– His cat. Who knows? – Right, right, hidden, huh? Hidden away.
你什么意思?那人什么也没干
What do you mean? The guy didn’t do anything.
听着,拉里,我只知道他说谎了,好吧?
Look, Larry, all I know is, he lied, okay?
他说谎了
He lied!
瞧,也许他是尴尬
Look, maybe he’s embarrassed.
也许他不想永远陪伴在爱人身边
Maybe he didn’t want to spend eternity next to the beloved.
所以他那么告诉我们,或者,反正有什么区别呢?
So he told us that or, you know, what’s the difference?
– 你打给谁? – 泰德
– Who are you calling? – Ted!
哦,天啊,放过那家伙吧
Oh, Jesus. Leave the guy alone.
你看,他是个可怜的鳏夫
You know, he’s a poor widower.
他想去度个假什么的
He wants to go on a vacation or something.
对,去哪里?哦,我知道是哪里
Yeah, where? Oh, I know where.
– 浮潜,是不是? – 又怎样?不一样的消遣罢了
– Snorkeling, right? – So what? Different strokes, you know.
他乐意坐在水底跟乌贼面对面
He has fun sitting at the bottom of the water face-to-face with squid.
哦,我知道,这样如何?
Oh, I know, what about this?
如果他们有一张大保险单或类似的东西呢?
What if they had a big insurance policy or something like that?
– 看多了《双重赔偿》,知道吧 – 嗯哼
– Too much Double Indemnity. , you know. – Uh-huh.
嗨,对,是我
Hi! Yeah, hi, it’s me.
听着,我们刚才在我们邻居的公♥寓♥里,是吧
Listen, we were just in our neighbor’s apartment, right?
对,听好了,我撞见一个装有骨灰的罐子
Yeah, and get this. I came across an urn with ashes in it.
只是,他说他把他妻子下葬了
Only, he says he had his wife buried.
你要是不想验尸的话就会这么做
That’s what you do if you don’t want an autopsy.
要是你不想让什么东西被发现,你看,比如毒药
If you don’t want something discovered, you know, like poison.
嗯,对
Mmm, right.
他们本来会侦测到毒药,是不是?
They’d have detected poison, wouldn’t they?
我不知道,有好多不同种类的奇异毒药,你懂吧
I don’t know. There’re a lot of different kinds of exotic poisons, you know?
对,不过他干嘛…他干嘛要撒谎?
Yeah, but why would he… why would he be lying?
我说,他究竟干嘛要撒谎呢?
I mean, why would he lie at all?
你们扯上毒药了,你俩要滑入一种疯狂执念了
You’re up to poisons. You guys are slipping into a mad obsession.
哦,你会去吗?那太好了,因为我不擅长这类事情
Oh, would you do that? That’d be great, ’cause I’m not good at that kind of thing.
行吗?好的
Okay? All right.
好了,我回头跟你说,好,拜
Okay, I’ll talk to you later. Okay, bye.
我们上♥床♥吧,我们现在能上♥床♥睡了吗?
Let’s go to bed. Can we go to bed now?
– 喂,我不累 – 你什么意思说你不累
– Hey, I’m not tired. – What do you mean, you’re not tired?
泰德明天要去查查那家殡仪馆
Ted’s gonna check with the funeral home tomorrow.
– 好极了 – 你懂我意思吧?
– Great. – You know what I mean?
我不明白你为什么对这事没有更多兴趣
I don’t understand why you’re not more fascinated with this.
我说,我们可能跟一个谋杀犯住隔壁,拉里
I mean, we could be living next door to a murderer, Larry.
– 纽约是个大熔炉 – 嗯哼
– New York is a melting pot. – Uh-huh.
你看,我都习惯了
You know, I’m used to it.
哦,我的天
Oh, my God.
喂,你还好吗?
Hey, are you okay?
拉里,拉里,我听见一个声音
Larry. Larry, I heard a noise.
我听见过道里有声音,所以我就,就去看了
I heard a noise in the hallway, so I just, you know, I looked.
我觉得是豪斯先生刚刚进了电梯
I think Mr. House was getting on the elevator.
哦,你肯定?
Yeah, you sure?
对,我…我几乎确定那是他
Yeah, I’m… I’m almost certain that it was him.
又怎样?又怎样?这不犯法,他可以上电梯
So what? So what? It’s not a crime. He can get on the elevator.
我知道,但是谁会在凌晨一点半上?
I know, but who would it be at 1:30 in the morning?
天,我正深睡呢,这有什么区别?
Jesus, I was in a deep sleep. What’s the difference?
你知道我们曾怎么抱怨过住在这老年楼层
You know how we complain about living on the geriatric floor.
– 你知道我在说什么吗? – 哦,对,所以就是豪斯先生
– Do you know what I’m saying? – Oh, right, so it was Mr. House.
所以他上了电梯,这不是什么重罪
So he got on the elevator. It’s not a felony.
这人付房♥租,他有这个权利
The guy pays rent. He’s entitled.
你能不能会到床上去?这是发疯
Can you go back to bed? This is crazy.
我把我从深睡中吵醒,我明天要早起
You woke me out of a deep sleep. I gotta get up early tomorrow.
我知道我该做什么
I know what I’m going to do.
我要打响他的电♥话♥
I’m gonna ring him up.
我要打到他的公♥寓♥,我要看看他在不在家
I’m gonna ring his apartment. I’m gonna see if he’s home.
你要现在给豪斯先生打电♥话♥?
You’re gonna ring Mr. House now?
– 对,这个真的… – 你在说什么啊?你不要
– Yes, this is really… – What’re you talking about? Don’t you…
不要打给豪斯…你在干嘛?不要
Don’t ring Mr…. What are you doing? No.
– 拉里,不要! – 不要打给豪斯先生,他是个鳏夫
– Larry, don’t! – Stop ringing Mr. House. This is a widower.
– 别打扰这可怜的人 – 嘘
– Leave the poor guy alone. – Shh!
你疯了
You’re crazy.
住手,你看见他出去,这又不是犯罪
Stop it. So you saw him go out. It’s not a crime.
响了两声,他还是不在
Two rings. He’s not there yet.
– 给我这个,听着… – 你在干什么?你在干什么?
– Give me this. Look… – What are you doing? What are you doing?
如果你想搞清有没有人离开,给楼下打电♥话♥
If you want to find out if somebody left, just call downstairs.
– 打给看门那个人 – 好的,我会给他打的
– Call the person at the door. – All right, I’ll call him.
– 继续响着铃 – 问问有没有人出去
– But keep ringing. – Ask if someone went out.
好,当然,我会继续响铃的,听你的
Yeah, sure, I’m gonna keep ringing, you got it.
– 这是发神经,你是怎么啦? – 他在干嘛?
– This is insane. What’s gotten into you? – What is he doing?
这人凌晨一点半在哪里?
Where is this guy at 1:30 in the morning?
– 这不关你的事 – 你知道我的意思吗?
– It’s none of your business. – You know what I’m saying?
他可以去任何想去的地方
He can go anyplace he wants.
哈喽?对,哈喽,我是利普顿太太
Hello? Yes, hello, this is Mrs. Lipton.
对,刚才有没有人离开大楼?我只是…
Yes. Did anybody just leave the building? I was just…
你肯定?你肯定没人…不,好的,好
You sure? You sure no one… No. Okay. All right.
是,谢谢你
Yes! Thank you.
– 好,你高兴了吧? – 我不相信,我不明白
– Okay, are you happy? – I don’t believe this. I don’t get it.
现在我们能回床上去了吗?
Now, can we go back to bed?
什么乱七八糟的,这又不是大事情
For crying out loud, it’s no big deal.
– 让我想想这事 – 你这是在无中生有嘛
– Let me think about this. – You’re making a mystery where nothing exists.
好了,我懂了,等等,我知道了
Okay, I got it. Wait, I know it.
不,等等,听我说
No, wait, listen to me.
拉里, 听着
Larry, listen.
– 他上了电梯… – 你看,我要…
– He got on the elevator… – You know, I’m gonna…
– 不不,听听这个 – 我要去睡觉了
– No, no, listen to this. – I’m gonna go to sleep.
我不想大半夜的站在这里
I don’t wanna be standing here in the middle of the night.
他上了电梯,然后他坐到地下室去了
He got on the elevator, and he took it to the basement.
哦,太好了,太好了,所以呢?现在你有何发现?
Oh, great! Great, so what? Now what do ya got?
他有一辆车,对吧?
He has a car, right?
他有车♥库♥的钥匙,他…
He’s got the garage door key. He …
– 所以呢?所以呢? – 他打开了…
– So what? So what? – He opened…
– 你说“所以呢”是什么意思? – 有什么大不了的?
– What do you mean, “So what?” – What’s the big deal?
所以隔壁邻居…
So the next-door neighbor…
…大半夜的出去,开上他的车,所以去了某个地方
went out in the middle of the night, took his car, so he went someplace.
对,所以我是对的
Right, so I’m right, though.
我说,我是对的
I mean, I’m right.
– 所以你是对的,好了不起 – …他有问题
– So you’re right. So big deal. – …he’s got a problem.