– 现在你们可以送他上电椅了 – 好好,只是…
– Now you can send him to the chair. – Okay, okay, just…
我喜欢这女人,她好可怕
I like this woman. She’s lurid.
我来告诉你们为什么他不会相信我们,好吧?
Let me tell you why he’s not going to believe us, okay?
对,首先,因为我不可能去诈唬或说谎而不笑出来
Yeah. First of all, ’cause I can’t bluff or lie without giggling.
对,不,因为…
Yeah. No, because
要是我们真的有尸体,干嘛要告诉他?
if we really had the body, why tell him?
干嘛不直接去找警♥察♥?
Why not go straight to the police?
要是你告诉了警♥察♥,你就不能敲诈他了
If you tell the cops, you can’t shake him down.
哦,她好坏啊
Oh, she’s wicked.
听着…听听这怎么起作用
Look… Look how this works out.
你诉诸法律,你有何收获?
You go to the law, what do you gain?
我是说,也许他们,他们把他投入大牢
I mean, so maybe they, you konw, they put him in jail.
你得到什么?你什么也没得到
What have you got? You haven’t got anything.
但如果他想要证据,而且他得付钱才能得到…
But if he wants the evidence, and he’s got to pay for it…
好了,现在他紧张了,对吧?
Okay, now he’s nervous, right?
对,不不,等等,这里头有好多谬误
Yeah, no, no, wait. There’s just so many fallacies in this.
– 我都数不过来 – 什么?说一个
– I can’t even count them. – What? Name one.
说一个?好吧,这人直盯着我们的眼睛说…
Name one? Okay, the guy looks us straight in the eyes and says,
“什么尸体?你在说什么鬼?证明一下”
“What body? What the hell are you talking about? Prove it.”
这时候我们就继续唬他啊
That’s when we keep bluffing.
什么?怎么做?我们该做什么?
What? How? What do we do?
我们造个尸体出来
We produce the body.
是啊,可我们去哪里弄?杜莎夫人蜡像馆?
Yeah, but where are we gonna get it? Madame Tussaud’s?
对
Yeah.
就说我们找到某个能证实此事的人
Say we found someone to corroborate this story.
– 某个他信任的人 – 比如谁?
– Someone he trusted. – Like who?
比如他的情人,就说她打个电♥话♥说…
Like his lover. Say she called and said,
“保罗,我刚看见莉莉安的尸体了,他们要10万美元”
“Paul, I’ve just seen Lillian’s body. They want $100,000.”
她干嘛要这么干?
Why would she do that?
记得你推荐给我的那本书吗?
Remember that book you recommended to me?
《曼哈顿谋杀案》?
Murder in Manhattan?
哦,对啊,马克斯·辛德勒的书,对了,那个电♥话♥
Yes, Max Schindler’s book. That’s right, the phone call.
– 我不记得那本书 – 这真完美
– I don’t remember that book. – This is perfect.
你从没跟我提过那本书
You never mentioned that book to me.
没有没有,因为你不喜欢消遣读物
No no, ’cause you don’t like light reading.
– 我何时不喜欢消遣读物了,拉里? – 所以我从没…
– Since when I don’t like light reading, Larry? – So I never…
– 我不知道这本书,这本书怎么样? – 这本书…
– I don’t know this book. What is this book? – So, this book…
妙极了,这样会…
It’s fantastic. It would…
…会很完美,因为她是个演员,是个准演员
It would be so perfect because she’s an actress, a would-be actress.
而你是…我们可以用他的戏院,他是个剧作家
And you’re… We could use his theater. He’s a playwright.
这太完美了,你的戏院反正也总是空着
This is so perfect. Your theater is empty all the time anyhow.
– 哦,天啊 – 对,谢谢你,太好了
– Oh, God. – Yeah, thank you. That’s great.
我们在说什么?你什么意思?
What are we talking about? What do you mean?
听好了,你要做的是…
Listen to this. What you do is,
我们带她去做一个假的试镜
we get her in for a fake audition,
– 你来写几句没有什么意义的台词 – 好
– and you write some lines that don’t mean anything. – Yeah.
她说出♥台♥词,可她并不知道自己在干什么
And she does them and she doesn’t know what she’s doing,
而我们把它录下来
and we tape-record it.
– 听好… – 我在听
– Listen to this. – I’m listening.
然后我们编辑一下,我们编辑录音带
And then we edit it up. We edit the tape recording.
– 然后我们打个电♥话♥ – 什么…
– And we make one end of a phone call, – What…
我们把它在电♥话♥里播放给豪斯先生听
and we play it into the phone to Mr. House.
这是那本书里的?
This is in the book?
– 这简直完美 – 哦,得了吧
– This is perfect. – Oh, come on!
不…这…这招一百万年也永远不可能成功
No, the…That could never, ever work in a million years.
– 你又不知道他会说什么 – 我不确定,这…好像…
– You don’t know what he’s going to say. – I don’t know, this is…kind of…
那本书里他们用了好几个录音机
In the book they use several tape recorders.
– 那本书里? – 是调整好的
– In the book? – It’s coordinated.
– 调整好的 – 那本书里?
– It’s coordinated. – In the book?
你是说你的计划建立在一本傻乎乎的平装书上?
You mean you’re basing your plan on some dumb paperback?
– 这太好了,我喜欢…不,太好了 – 不,真的,哦
– This is great. I like… No, it’s great. – No, really. Oh.
他从谋杀中脱了身
He’s gotten away with murder.
我们唯一的机会是在他为掩盖踪迹试图再次杀人时抓住他
Our only chance is to nab him as he tries to kill again to cover his tracks….
这招很厉害,事情接下来就会…
It’s great. What happened is…
这会刺♥激♥他再次杀人,第二次…
It provokes him to kill again. Like second time…
正是,他从第一次谋杀中脱身了
Exactly. He’s gotten away with the first murder.
– 不过你知道我要说什么吧? – 什么?
– You know what I’m thinking, though? – What?
其实那本书里…
Actually in the book…
…发生的事情是,现在我想了一下,他…他杀了…
what happens is, now that I think of it, he… he kills the,
…那两个对他下套的人
the two people that are working the scheme on him.
– 是啊,又怎样…可你不是在担心这个吧 – 听着
– Yes. So…But you’re not worried about that. – Look…
– 呃,我不知道 – 这很完美
– Um, well, I don’t know. – It’s perfect.
要么是担心,要么…我刚得了帕金森症
Either that or I’ve just developed Parkinson’s.
不,我们能对付他,听着,这很了不起
No, we can handle him. Listen, this is incredible.
他知道我们盯上他了
He knows you’re onto him.
你敲诈他,他追杀你,我们抓住他
You shake him down, he comes after you, we nab him.
这太好了,你好厉害,我是…只有叹服
It’s great. You’re wonderful. I just… I’m amazed.
– 我真是… – 要么如此要么他远走高飞
– I just… – It’s either that or he walks.
等等,所以你要说的是…
Wait, so what you’re saying is…
– 这太棒了 – 等等,好吧,你要说的是…
– This’s great. – Wait. Okay, what you’re saying…
哎妈呀,你要说的是…
Oh, boy. You’re saying…
你想要刺♥激♥豪斯先生尝试谋杀拉里和我?
you wanna provoke Mr. House into trying to murder Larry and me?
对,这很完美
Yeah. It’s perfect.
你没害怕吧,有吗?
You’re not scared, are you?
没有没有,我没害怕,我只是要在脑子里来回想想
No, no, no, I’m not scared. I just wanna turn it over in my mind.
我只想在我们献身之前跟我的牧师确认一下
I just wanna check with my clergyman before we commit.
嗨,B24房♥的,有留言吗?
Hi, uh, B-24, messages?
哦,真的?什么剧的试镜?
Oh, really? Audition for what?
他说了吗?
Did he say?
好的好的
Okay, okay.
等等,停一下,让我拿支铅笔
Wait, hold on. Let me get a pencil.
好的
Okay.
对,哦,爸爸,你知道,我已经听够了这种话
Yeah, well, Dad, you know, I’ve heard just about enough of this.
好,那太好了
Good, that’s great.
谢谢你,苏珊娜,谢谢你
Thank you, Suzanne. Thank you.
我们会通知你,是苏珊娜·拉斐尔,对吧?
We’ll let you know. That’s Suzanne Raphael, right?
好,谢谢你
Good. Thank you.
拜
Bye.
– 这位是海伦·莫斯 – 嗨,各位
– This is Helen Moss. – Hi, there.
呃,你有没有,呃…
Uh, have you, uh…
我知道你刚拿到材料
I know you just got the material,
你知道,就在…刚刚一小会儿前,不过…
you know, just in the…last little while, but, uh…
你有没有机会研读它,稍微过一下?
h-have you had a chance to study it, go over it a little bit?
对对,我有,不过呢…
Yes, yes, I have, but, um,
我只是有几个问题
I have just a few questions.
当然,好
Sure, yeah.
这里头她是不是离婚了?
Is she divorced in this?
呃,是的是的
Uh… yes, yes.
刚离的?
Recently?
是的,对
Yes. Yeah.
不过她非常高度的情绪化
But she’s very highly emotional.
– 是 – 你知道,真的…很多…
– Yeah. – You know, really… a lot of…
– 呣 – …感受,非常强烈
– Mmm. – … feeling, very strong.
– 哦,我要不要先开始? – 啊?
– Oh. Shall I just begin? – Hmm?
对,那个,你随时…随时感觉到了就行
Yeah, just, you know, whenever… whenever you feel into it.
对,好
Yeah. Okay.
“哈喽,乔?
“Hello, Joe?
– 我…我刚…” – 呃,我这里打断一下
– I… I was just… ” – Uh, let me stop you right there.
抱歉,呃,要是你…
I’m sorry. Uh, if you’ll be…
要是你起头更害怕些
If you’ll start out more frightened,
然后就能带你进入到状态中
then that’ll take you where you’re gonna go.
对,对
Right, right.
“哈喽,乔?
“Hello, Joe?
我现在不能说太多
I can’t talk much now.
还有要是我声音比较怪,不要慌”
And if I sound strange, don’t get alarmed.”
“把手给我,抓住
“Give me your hand. Hold on.
努力不要掉下去,抓住”
Try not to fall. Hold on.”
– “我在努力,我在努力” – “快,赶紧”
– “I’m trying, I’m trying.” – “Quickly. Hurry.”
“他们要20万美元,对
“They’re asking $200,000 for it. Yeah!
他们说是一幅莫奈,可我说是赝品”
They say it’s a Monet, but I say it’s a fake.”