– 我是说,现在你又说我们是双胞胎 – 我们得炮弹休克症了
– I mean now you’re saying we’re twins. – We’re shell-shocked.
你怎么了,发神经啊?
What are you, nuts?
– 冷静 – 好的,我冷静,我冷静,好的
– Calm down. – Okay, I’m calm. I’m calm. Okay.
– 对,我要讲逻辑 – 好吧好吧
– Yeah, I’m gonna be logical. – All right, all right.
那个,呣,第一件事是这个
The, um, first thing is this.
我们那天晚上回家,碰上一次心脏病发作
We came home that night. There had been a heart attack.
如果是诱发的呢?你懂的,某种毒药
What if they induced it? You know, some kind of poison?
我们从没看见尸体,它一定是别的女人
We never saw the body. It had to be some other woman.
你知道,某个女人
You know, some woman
大概和豪斯太太有七七八八有些相似
who probably had some kind of ballpark resemblance to Mrs. House.
管♥理♥员♥说看见她了,但是,呃,他是醉鬼,你知道的
The super says he saw her, but, uh, he’s a drunk, you know.
豪斯太太可能一直藏着
Mrs. House could have been hiding.
可你…你记得那晚你听见一个声音
But you…you remember that you heard a noise that night.
– 那一定是豪斯太太离开去入住酒店 – 对
– That had to be Mrs. House leaving to check into the hotel. – Yeah.
对,那么?
Yeah. Well?
– 我睡不着,我就是… – 不,等一下,等等
– I can’t sleep. I just… – No, wait a minute, wait.
但这完全没有道理啊,拉里
But it doesn’t make any sense at all, Larry,
因为突然间,你看,他就谋杀了她
because suddenly, you know, he murders her.
我是说,这都是为了什么?
I mean what’s it all about?
我来…我给新泽西的文森特餐厅打个电♥话♥
Let me… Let me call Vincent’s restaurant in New Jersey.
我们何不去见泰德和玛西娅
And why don’t we go meet Ted and Marcia
– 然后弄点吃的,跟他们聊聊 – 等一下
– and get something to eat and talk with them? – Wait a minute…
– 早上一点钟? – 对,又怎样?
– At 1:00 in the morning? – Yeah, so what?
– 你在说什么? – 又怎样?你知道…
– What are you talking about? – So what? You know…
– 泰德正带她去看秀吃晚饭 – 你想要奔波跋涉…
– Ted was taking her to a show and dinner. – You wanna schlep…
– 一路去新泽西… – 喂,小子,这里可是“大苹果” [纽约昵称]
– all the way out to New Jersey… – Hey, kid, this is the Apple.
这可是永远不眠之城,所以我们才不住在德卢斯
This is the town that never sleeps. That’s why we don’t live in Duluth.
这个原因,外加我不知道德卢斯在哪里
That, plus I don’t know where Duluth is.
算我走运
Lucky me.
– 你真的看见她的脸了? – 是的,哦,是的
– You really saw his face? – Yes, oh, yes.
– 我是来告诉你… – 那是豪斯先生,没问题
– I’m here to tell you… – It was Mr. House. Not a question.
我是说,你可以看见他,因为…
I mean you could see him. Because…
你看,反正你没办法回避的,他就在那里
You know there was just no way that you could avoid it. He was right there.
对于我来说,这很明显
To me, it’s obvious.
– 是吗?你怎么看待的? – 怎么明显?你什么意思?
– Yeah? How do you see it? – How obvious? What do you mean?
明显是他实施了完美谋杀
Obvious he’s committed the perfect murder.
– 什么?怎么做的?你什么意思? – 好吧,听着
– What? How? What do you mean? – Okay, look.
你必须从另一个女人开始
You have to start off with another woman
她得跟豪斯太太有些七七八八相像
who bears some ballpark resemblance to Mrs. House.
– 对 – 这是我说的话,确切地…
– Yes. – That’s what I said! It’s exactly…
我用过这短语“七七八八相似”
I used the term “ballpark resemblance”
– 我知道,你用过,对 – 这就是我的想法
– I know, you used it, right. – It was my idea.
– 他们跟这个女人在一起 – 对
– They’re with this woman. – Yes.
也许正在吃晚饭
Maybe having dinner.
他们没有诱发心脏病,因为那是虚构的胡扯
They don’t induce a heart attack because that’s fiction bullshit.
她心脏病发作
She has a heart attack.
她自发倒地而亡
She drops dead spontaneously.
他们没有要杀死她的想法
They had no thought of killing her.
也许他们盼着她死
Maybe they wished she was dead.
为什么?
Why?
我不知道,也许如果她死了他们有利可图
I don’t know. Maybe they stood to gain if she died.
他们看到一个黄金机会
They see a golden opportunity.
豪斯太太给她穿上自己的衣服,她藏了起来
Mrs. House dresses her up in her clothes. She hides.
这是我的理论,完全是我的理论
This is my theory. Exactly my theory.
正确,她入住了一家酒店
That’s right. She checks into a hotel.
对,我们原先也想到这里了,除了心脏病发作的事
Yeah. Well, we got that far with the exception of the actual heart attack.
好了,你们知道那丈夫正计划跟一个年轻漂亮的女人去巴黎
Okay, you know the husband’s planning to go to Paris with this pretty young woman.
– 对 – 对 – 他对他妻子不忠
– Yeah. – Yeah. – He’s cheating on his wife.
所以他没有完成他们策划的方案
So instead of finishing the scheme they planned,
他反而出♥卖♥♥♥并杀害了她
he double-crosses her and kills her
拿走了她那份利益
taking her share of the profits.
哦,你认为…你认为海伦·莫斯也参与了此事,是吧?
Well, you think…you think Helen Moss is in on this too, huh?
对,很大可能她是知道的
Yeah, a good chance she’s aware.
好的,那道尔顿太太怎么说?
Okay, but what about Mrs. Dalton?
他声称带她去看了电影
He claims he took her to the movies.
她是他的不在现场证明
She’s his alibi.
他扼死他妻子时 是她给他打过掩护
She covered for him when he strangled his wife.
她说过他整天在工作
She said he was at work all day.
– 说得对,因为他介绍过她是个同事 – 哦,何时?
– That’s right. Because he introduced her as a colleague. – Well, when?
– 一个也许爱上他的同事 – 哦
– A colleague who maybe loves him. – Oh.
– 等等,等等,他也对她不忠 – 老天
– Wait, wait. He’s cheating on her too! – God
– 对两个女人不忠? – 对对对
– Cheating on two women? – Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
– 对,完美,全都符合 – 这男的看着不是这一类人啊
– Yeah, it’s perfect. It all fits. – This guy doesn’t look the part.
重点是,他从完美谋杀中脱身了
The point is, he’s gotten away with the perfect murder.
没有什么尸体来证明任何事情
There are no bodies around to prove anything.
所有的文书都完全能摆上台面,他稳操胜券
And all the paperwork’s strictly aboveboard. He’s home free.
噢,你在哪里发现的这女人?她是天才
Oh, where did you find this woman? She’s a genius.
她聪明过人,不过这男的…他知道我们知道,所以他…
She’s brilliant, but the guy…He knows that we know. So he…
可他并不在乎,他干嘛要在乎?
But he doesn’t care. Why should he?
样样都处理得干净利落,他稳操胜券
Everything’s been neatly disposed of. He’s home free.
只有他,也许还有他的情妇,知道真♥相♥
Only he, and maybe his mistress, know the truth.
哦,只是…
Well, just…
– 她说得对,没人知道 – 等等…等一下
– She’s right, there’s no body. – Hold… Hold on one second.
我们不知道这是不是真♥相♥,这只是一个理论
We don’t know this is true. This is just a theory.
– 对,但它是一个了不起的理论 – 哦,是的
– Yeah, but it’s a great theory. – Oh, yes.
– 你在注意听吗? – 它对得上啊,里面样样都符合
– Are you paying attention? – It holds water. Everything fits together in it.
我认为这很了不起
I think it’s great.
等我从女盥洗室回来,我会告诉你们怎么诱捕他
When I come back from the ladies room, I’ll tell you how to trap him.
哦,抱歉
Oh, excuse me.
天,你在哪里发现她的?
Je, where did you find her?
– 不可思议不可思议,不是吗? – 她…她…
– Unbelievable. Unbelievable, is she not? – She’s…she’s…
– 她真有两下子 – 她的头脑,就是好使
– She’s really something. – Her mind, it just goes.
一个主意接一个主意,像是一件事带动另一件事
One idea after another, like one thing leads to another.
我倒惊讶流口水没把你俩给流死
I’m surprised you two didn’t drool yourselves to death.
– 哦,不要这么… – 我们刚进行了美好的首次约会
– Oh, don’t be so… – We just had a nice first date.
对,我就知道他们合得来
Yeah, I knew that they would hit it off.
– 对,他,对,嗯哼 – 我就知道
– Yeah, him. Yeah, uh-huh. – I knew this.
你呢?你就要跳到她怀里了,我看见你了,拉里
What about you? You were gonna jump into her lap. I saw you, Larry.
– 你说什么呢?得了 – 哈?
– What are you talking about? Come on. – Huh?
你怎么回事?我是她的编辑
What’s wrong with you? I’m her editor.
我对于她是父亲的形象
I’m a father figure to her.
对,你们唯一没做的就是俩手攥在一起了
Yeah, the only thing you didn’t do was rub your hands together.
就是这么回事
That was it.
你怎么…你一定是在开玩笑,你怎么…
What’re you…You’ve gotta be joking. What’re you…
你是要告诉我说你嫉妒马西娅吗?
Are you telling me that you’re jealous of Marcia?
– 不是说我在嫉妒 – 孩子们孩子们
– It’s not that I’m jealous. – Kids, kids
– 两位两位,我们在这里干嘛呢? – 多谢
– people, people. What are we doing here? – Thank you.
对啊,看看谁在说话
Yeah, look who’s talking.
我的天,我说
My God, I mean,
你一直盯着她的眼睛好像她就是龙夫人一样
you kept staring into her eyes like she was the Dragon Lady.
你怎么回事?你因为他对她有兴趣就嫉妒了?
What’s wrong with you? You’re jealous ’cause he’s interested in her?
– 我只是对她的理论有兴趣 – 我没有嫉妒,拉里
– I’m interested in her theory. – I’m not jealous, Larry.
我只是愿意了解一下你是不是带所有作者去吃午饭…
I’d just like to know if you take all your authors to lunch…
好了,我有招了
Okay, I’ve got it.
情况是这样
Here’s the story.
既然他已经脱身了,我们能做的也就是诈唬
Since he’s gotten away with it, all we can do is bluff.
只要我们没有尸体,就不能成案
As long as we have no body, we have no case.
你什么意思?我们…
What do you mean? We…
我们假装他失误了,熔钢水没有起作用?
We pretend that he slipped up and the molten steel didn’t do the job?
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
对,这是有可能的
Yeah, it’s possible
他看见你们在那里,他知道你们盯上他了
He saw you there. He knows you’re onto him.
他跑了之后,你们难道不会去把尸体回收回来?
After he ran away, why couldn’t you have retrieved the body?
你开玩笑!我们不可能做到
You’re kidding! We couldn’t get that…
我可能会捞起几个指头跟一个肩膀,也许…
I would’ve wound up with a few toes and a shoulder, maybe a…
好了,你们有了尸体,他又知道些什么呢?
Okay, you have the body. What does he know?
他可能会太害怕而不能清晰思考,他毕竟是生手
He was probably too scared to be very lucid. He’s an amateur.
他丢弃尸体然后跑掉
He dumped the body and ran off,
然后不知怎的,谁也不知道细节
and then somehow, who knows the details,
你俩把她挖了出来
you two dug her out.