I’ve never been in Beantown.
像别人所说 人要闯荡江湖
Like the man said, a man’s rep travels.
那又怎样
How about that.
你忽悠我?
You bullshitting me?
我爸爸告诉我 别忽悠西印度人
My father told me never bullshit a West lndian.
-你♥爸♥是西印度人? -我妈是
-Your daddy’s West lndian? -My mama.
她来自格林纳达
She’s from Grenada.
格林纳达
Grenada.
我喜欢这人 喜欢你 乡下人
I like this guy. I like you, country.
格林维达
Grenada.
这些衣服哪里弄来的?
Where’d you get them goddamn vines you got on?
还有鞋? 噢 天哪
And them shoes? Oh, my.
我们可以做点事
We can do something about that.
但是他帮我弄的难看极了
But he’s putting a hurting on my vision, man. Damn.
别紧张
Relax.
-怎么找到你? -你不能
-So how can I get ahold of you? -You can’t.
我找你
I get ahold of you.
好了 我写下来
All right, I’ll write it down.
永远别写下什么
Don’t ever write anything down.
记在这里
File it up here.
像我一样
Like I do.
没有白纸黑字便没有证据
If the man don’t have any paper, he will never have any proof.
明白吗?
Dig?
我明白 对
Yeah, I dig. Right.
看着我的脸
Look me in the face.
你刚才骗我?
Did you, just now, con me?
是
Yes, sir.
-为什么 -因为我想加入
-Why? -Because I want in.
要知道你在这里不太难
It don’t take a lot to know you’re already there.
至少他够坦白
At least he ain’t lying.
我要点火
I have a run to make.
我帮你 Archie先生
-Let me make that run with you, Mr. Archie.
我喜欢你的心灵
I like your heart.
喜欢你的作风
I like your style.
你可加入了 Red先生
You might just do, Mr. Red.
除非你仍要回火车那工作
Unless, of course, you have to get back to your train job.
我己经对火车上的人说了
I’ve told him what to do with that train.
-何时 -就刚刚
-When? -Just now.
好吧
All right.
跟我来
Come with me.
我带你买♥♥东西
I’m taking you shopping.
我叫Cadillac
Cadillac’s the name.
Sammy
Sammy, man.
-准备好没? -好了
-You ready? -Good.
扣好扣子
Button more buttons on the jacket.
-你看上去很有型 -谢谢
-You look good. -Yes, man.
但好像少了什么
But you’re missing something.
-搜我身 -什么?
-Frisk me. -What?
来啊 搜我身
Go ahead, frisk me.
没什么 是吗
Nothing, right?
我仍带枪
I’m still carrying.
这是我第一枝枪
This was my first gun.
现在是你的了
Now it’s yours.
多谢
Thank you.
这样佩戴
You wear it
这样 对
wear it so.
后面不显眼
Small of the back.
现在你高人一等了
Now you’re outfitted.
-准备好面对街上的挑战吗? -我准备好了
-You ready to tackle the streets? -Yeah, I’m ready.
让他们来吧
Let them come.
翻开《约翰的福音》
Let us now turn to the Gospel According to St. John.
第三章
Chapter 3
第二十三首诗编
verse 23.
第三章第二十三首诗编
323.
John在安林接受洗礼
“And John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim
因为那里有很多圣水
because there was much water.
很多人前来这里
And they came
接受洗礼
and were baptized.”
313.
255.
应该是251
It got to be 251.
403.
我发梦见过
I saw it in my dream.
555.
-觉得怎样 -很好
-What you know, daddy-o? -I feel straight.
你今天真走运
Your lucky day.
让我继续好运吧
Roll it for me.
告诉过你不要写
I told you, no paper, no trouble.
我正努力尝试
I’m working on it.
我把所有号♥码记在脑里
I keep all my numbers in my head.
我从未试要写下来 记着
I’ve never written a number down yet. Remember that.
到你了
Your turn.
慢慢来
Easy.
-你没事吧? -有事的话早就死了
-You there? -If I ain’t, I’m right next door.
世上没有其他事能令你这样畅快
Nothing in this world can give you that real deep cool.
那个女孩
The girl.
兴奋无比
About as mellow as I can be.
畅快得可杀人
Cool enough to kill.
我意识到
I realize that.
-放松 放松 -举起手来
-Easy, easy, easy, easy. -Stick them up.
嘿 Archie
Hey, Archie.
亲爱的
Baby.
Malcolm 你真有趣
Malcolm, you’re so funny.
给我一些钱
Give me some money, baby.
好的
Okay.
快点
Come on, baby.
她手脚太慢了
The bitch move too slow.
有时他的嘴又大又丑
Sometimes this guy has a big ugly mouth.
现在几点钟
What time is it, baby?
-八点二十一分 -八点廿一分 我喜欢
-8:21. -8:21, I like that. Combinate me.
-821 -小心点 Red
-821. -Careful, Red.
128.
218.
-我接受下注 -好 下注
-I’m taking the bet. -Yeah, bet.
是时候上膛了
Time to reload. Time to reload.
我以为你说我们昨晚去看电影
I thought you said we was going to the movies last night.
-你说过 -对不起 我说过很多东西
-You said that. -I’m sorry. I say a lot of things.
我信你 -现在做你的事
-I believed you. -Do your job, now.
拿烟和酒来
Get me a pack of Lucky Strikes and a cognac.
Daniel到了吗
Daniel come in yet?
那个不是他吗
Ain’t that him now?
棒极了
Gorgeous!
今天你等了很久? 等了很久了吗?
How you been today? You been waiting long?
让我看看你
Let me look at you. Wow.
-我很想念你 Laura -你好吗?
-I’ve been missing you today, Laura. -How you doing, baby?
很好 今天你上班了吗
I’m all right. Copacetic. Great. Did you work today?
没有 你知道我昨晚很紧张 我没去上班
No. You know what time I wound up last night. I didn’t go to work.
-我要五块钱 -今早才给了你十块
-I need a five-spot. -I gave you 10 this morning.
Laura 给我他妈的五块钱
Laura, give me the goddamn $5!
不是钱的问题 我想确信你是否没事
It ain’t the money. I just wanna make sure you’re okay, baby.
我要还给这个人
I gotta pay back this guy.
我很快回来
I’ll be right back.
像上次那样?
Like last time?
我发誓我很快回来
I swear, I’ll be right back.
Laura 我爱你
Laura, I love you.
你识那女人?
You know that chick?
-什么 你是私♥家♥侦♥探♥? -只是问问
-What, you a private detective now? -Just asking.
别问我那些该死的问题
Don’t ask me no goddamn questions.
只有我能问你
I ask you the questions.
明白吗
You understand?
-她常来这里? -几乎每晚来一次
-She come in here a lot? -Almost every night.
和他?
With him?
-她知道他有毒瘾吗? -若她长了眼睛便会看到
-She know he’s strung out? -If she got eyes, she do.
-她不是在兜客 是吗 -不是