We’ve gotta move out. We’ve got a plane to catch.
X先生请留步
Excuse me, Mr. X? Um.
我己读过你的一些言论
I’ve read some of your speeches
我很相信你所说的是事实
and I honestly believe that a lot of what you have to say is true.
无论我祖先做了什么 我就是个好人
I’m a good person in spite of what my ancestors did.
我想问你
I just wanted to ask you
像我这样没有偏见的白种人
what can a white person like me, who isn’t prejudiced
怎么样可以帮你们?
what can I do to help you and further your cause?
没有方法
Nothing.
我的高中是黑种人居住区
My high school was a black ghetto
在波士顿的罗斯拔尼
in Roxbury, right here in Boston.
我在纽约市的哈林读完大学
I got my college education on the streets of Harlem in New York City.
我在狱中取得硕士学位 花了我六年半时间
I took my master’s degree in prison, over the course of 6 1/2 years.
事实上
In fact
我以前的偷窃记录就在这校园的外面
my old burglary hangout was just outside this campus.
我像动物般的生活
I lived like an animal.
我偷东西
I stole.
吸毒
I used drugs.
我吸食麻药香烟 可♥卡♥因♥
I smoked reefers, cocaine.
我犯上通奸 若不是有尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥
I committed adultery. Had it not been for the Honorable Elijah Muhammad
那我肯定进了疯人院或死了
I’d have surely been in an insane asylum or dead
或可能杀了你们其中一个
or possibly even a murderer of one of you.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥先生做了什么? 他带我们进入了神的国度
So, what is Mr. Muhammad trying to do? He’s trying to get us on God’s side
神才可帮助我们战斗
so that God will be on our side and help us fight our battles.
当那所谓黑种人进入了神的国度
When the so-called Negro in America gets on God’s side
听从神圣穆♥罕♥默♥德♥的教导
and listens to the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad
他想脱离毒品 远离罪恶
he’ll want to get off of drugs and get away from a life of crime.
他想远离通奸
He’ll want to get away from committing adultery.
他想要幸福 赚钱过生活
Then he’d want to get off welfare. He’d want a job
照顾他的家庭 然后他的家人会尊敬他
to take care of his family. And his family would respect him.
他儿子会说 我为父亲而自豪
His son will say, “I’m proud that that’s my father.”
他妻子会说 我为丈夫而自豪
His wife will say, “I’m proud that that’s my husband.”
父亲 只代表着照顾你的孩子
“Father” only means that you’re taking care of your children. That’s what it is.
父亲 不代表你有孩子
“Father” doesn’t mean that you’re having some babies.
那不会令你成为父亲 任何人也可出去找女人
That doesn’t make you a father. Anybody can go out and get a woman.
但不是人人可照顾那女人
But not anybody can take care of that woman.
用另一个词语来说是”责任”
There’s another word for it. It’s called “responsibility.”
如果在美国的黑种人是真正的美国公民
If the so-called Negro in America was truly an American citizen
我们便没有种族问题
we wouldn’t have a racial problem.
如果解放的宣告是真实的
If the Emancipation Proclamation was authentic, we wouldn’t have a race problem.
如果宪法的修改是真实的
If the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments
我们便不会有种族问题
were authentic, we wouldn’t have a race problem.
如果最高法♥院♥废除了种族歧视
If the Supreme Court desegregation decision were authentic
我们便不会有种族问题
we wouldn’t have a race problem.
我们看这所有全是伪善的
But you have to see that all of this is hypocrisy.
这些黑人领袖正告诉白种人没事了
These Negro leaders are telling the white man
我们己控制了一切
that everything’s all right, we got it under control.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥所教的一切是错的
That everything the Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches is wrong.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥先生说这些会过去的
Mr. Muhammad said these things were gonna come to pass
现在开始过去
and now this things are starting to come to pass.
现在同一群黑人领袖
Now these same Negro leaders
说会有种族问题爆发
are running around talking about there’s about to be a racial explosion.
是的 会有种族问题爆发
Yes, there’s gonna be a racial explosion.
这比原♥子♥弹♥爆发更危险
And a racial explosion is more dangerous than an atomic explosion.
会有爆发 因为黑种人不满足
There’s going to be an explosion because black people are dissatisfied
他们不只是不满意白种人
not only with the white man,
也不满意黑人领袖Tom叔叔
but with these Uncle Tom Negro leaders
那些领袖假扮代我们说话
that are trying to pose as spokesmen for you and I.
就像个
Just like you have a
火♥药♥库
Just like you have a powder keg.
当有太多火花在其周围
When you have a powder keg and there’s too many sparks
便会爆♥炸♥
the thing’s going to explode.
如果那在房♥子中爆♥炸♥
If the thing that’s going to explode is sitting inside the house
如果那爆♥炸♥了 房♥子便被毁去
and if it explodes, then the house is going to be destroyed.
我说屋子会被毁去
I said the house is going to be destroyed.
尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥教导你和我
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad is teaching you and I
及告诉白种人要把这火♥药♥库移离他的房♥子
and trying to tell the white man to get this powder keg out of his house.
把黑种人赶离他的屋
Let the black man separate from his house.
让黑种人拥有自己的屋
Let the black man have his own house.
让黑种人拥有自己的土地和物业
Let the black man have his own land and property.
尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥会告诉白种人
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad is trying to tell the white man
这爆♥炸♥会使他的房♥子塌下
that this thing, this explosion, is gonna bring down his house.
这是他想告诉他的 更重要的是想告诉他
This is what he’s telling him. More importantly, he’s telling him
如果他不做些事
that if he doesn’t do something about it
如果他不做 从现在起任何一天也会爆♥炸♥
if he doesn’t do something about it, it’s gonna explode any day now.
是的
Yes it is.
我在这里告诉你 简单地告诉你们
I’m just here to tell you, and I’m gonna make it very short.
尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥的伟大之处
I’m here to tell you about the Honorable Elijah Muhammad’s greatest greatness.
他是唯一可使这国家
His greatest greatness is that he has the only solution
和平的人
for peace in this country.
尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥的解决方法
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad’s solution
是你和我的唯一解决方法
is the only solution for you and I.
那是白种人唯一的解决方法
It’s the only solution for the white man.
完全隔离
Complete separation
黑种人和白种人
between the black race and the white race.
那是唯一的答案
It’s the only solution.
赞颂真♥主♥ 尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥
All praise due to Allah for Elijah Muhammad!
赞颂真♥主♥ 尊贵的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥
All praise due to Allah for Elijah Muhammad!
Malcolm兄弟!
Brother Malcolm!
是 等等
Yes, yes. Hold on, hold on.
兄弟 你好吗?
Yes, sir. It’s all right. My brother. How you doing?
-我可问你一些事吗? -问吧
-Can I ask you something? -Anything.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥是拉皮条的吗?
Are you Elijah’s pimp?
-你这样说先知坏话该被杀! -满着
-He should be killed talking like that! -Hold it. Hold on.
你在说什么 兄弟
What are you saying, brother?
他的伟大之处
“His greatest greatness.”
只是说出你所说的
Just say what you’re saying.
如果你不知道
If you don’t know
我对你感到抱歉
I feel the sorriest for you.
来吧 兄弟
Oh, come on, brother.
-我要告诉你 -让我来说
-Let me tell you something -No. Let me tell
没事了
It’s all right.
他只是渴求知识而已
He’s just hungry for knowledge, that’s all.
是的 那兄弟很饥饿
Yeah, that brother’s starving.
我也是 去吃东西吧
So am I. Come on, let’s get something to eat. Ha-ha-ha.
我们明天谈
We’ll talk about it tomorrow.
-晚安 爸爸 -晚安
-Okay, night-night, Daddy. -Night-night.
漫长的夜晚
Long night.
-你在看什么? -你
-What you looking at? -You.
-为什么那样看? -因为你惹上了麻烦
-Why you looking at me like that? -Because you’re in trouble.
-你怎么知道? -亲爱的
-How do you know that? -Oh, dear heart.
因为我认识你
Because I know you.
如果你认识我
Well, if you know me
那你知道我不喜欢把麻烦带回家
you know that I don’t like to bring my troubles into my house.
你也知道
You know that also.
是 我知道
Yes, I do.
但我不是玻璃造的
But I’m not made of glass.
我不会崩溃
And I won’t break.
Betty 我想要和平
Look, Betty, I just want peace.
我想和你坐在这里 我想
I want to sit here with you. I want to
我想要这里的和平
be still. I want peace in my house.
-我们打过架吗? -从没有
-Have we ever had a fight? -Never.
-争辩呢? -从没有
-Argument? -Never had one, no.
我们现在便有了
We’re gonna have one
-如果你不说的话 -说什么?
-right now if you don’t talk about it. -Talk about what?
-人人都在谈论 -总会有人在闲言闲语
-The talk’s everywhere. -There’s always gonna be talk.
他们有说过我想夺得国家吗
Aren’t they talking now about me trying to take over the Nation?
他们说我们怎样
Aren’t they talking about how we’re getting rich
离开伊♥斯♥兰♥国家后致富
off the Nation of Islam?
-我们也可谈谈那事 -谈吧
-We could talk about that too. -Let’s talk about it.
那不再只是谈论了