the social and economic condition of his people.
那些剥削黑种人的犹太人
And the Jews who have been guilty of exploiting black people
尝试隐藏他们的罪恶
try to hide their guilt by accusing the Honorable Elijah Muhammad
通过谴责穆♥罕♥默♥德♥是 反犹太族的
of being anti-Semitic
因为他尝试教导你和我
simply because he’s trying to teach you and I
他尝试教导你和我
He’s trying to teach you and I
要再控制社会里的事务
to be in charge of the businesses in our own community.
要再控制社会里的事务
To own the businesses in our own community.
掌握我们自己的社会经济命脉
To have economic leadership in our own community.
不是 这不是黑种人
No! No, this isn’t black supremacy
这是黑种人的智慧
this is black intelligence.
在这国家中的黑种人
The black people in this country
是美国白种人中的
have been the victims of violence
暴♥力♥受害者
at the hands of the American white man
已经四百年了
for 400 years.
四百年
Four hundred years.
我们以为跟那些无知黑种人传教士
We thought by following those ignorant Negro preachers
就像把神的面孔改变成
that it was God-like to turn the other cheek
妖兽来残害我们
to the group that was brutalizing us.
一百年前他们用白床单
A hundred years ago, they used to put on white sheets
包着我们
and sic bloodhounds on us.
现在他们被这样包着买♥♥卖♥♥
Nowadays, they’ve traded in the sheets
这样被买♥♥卖♥♥
Some have traded in the sheets
这样被买♥♥卖♥♥
They’ve traded in the sheets
请 请
Please, please.
他们这样 换得警♥察♥制♥服♥
They’ve traded in those white sheets for police uniforms.
换来警犬
They traded in the bloodhounds for police dogs.
就像那老的Tom叔叔
And just like Uncle Tom back during slavery time.
我们一定要保持非暴♥力♥ 我要求所有人
We must remain true to nonviolence. I’m asking everybody in the line.
如果你不能非暴♥力♥ 便不要参与
If you can’t be nonviolent, don’t get in it.
那些恶意利用我们的祈祷
To love our enemy and pray for those who use us spitefully.
你们今天叫Tom叔叔做黑人领袖
You’ve got chicken-pecking Uncle Tom, so-called Negro leaders today.
今天又是一个好日子
And it’s another great day.
你今天找到的黑人领袖Tom叔叔
You’ve got these Uncle Tom Negro leaders today
他们告诉我们为敌人祈祷
that tell us we ought to pray for our enemies.
我们该和那些炸我们的敌人会合
We ought to love our enemy and integrate with the enemy
那些射杀我们 处死我们
who bombs us, who kills and shoots us, who lynches us
强♥奸♥妇女和孩子的敌人
who rapes our women and children. No!
不是 那并不聪明
No! That’s not intelligent.
那并不聪明
That’s not intelligent.
尊敬的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥尝试教导你和我
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad is trying to teach you and I
说白种人和地球上其他人
that just as the white man and any other man on this earth
拥有神权 人♥权♥
has the God-given right, the human right, the civil right
公民权 自然权 任何一种 你想到的至高权力
the natural right, and any other rights you can think of
来保护自己
to protect himself
正如这白种人有权替自己辩护
just as this white man has the right to defend himself
我们也有权替自己辩护
we have the right to defend ourselves too.
这是神圣的
This is only natural.
这就是穆♥罕♥默♥德♥教你和我的
This is what the Honorable Elijah Muhammad is trying to teach you and I.
他没有教我们憎恨的人
He’s not teaching us to hate the white man.
他教我们爱自己
He’s teaching us to love ourselves.
X先生 在我们今晚开始讨论前
Mr. X, uh, before we begin our discussion tonight
“黑种人伊♥斯♥兰♥教♥徒♥ 煽动仇恨者”
“The Black Muslims: Hate Mongers”
你可以为我们解释你名字的意义
would you mind explaining for us the meaning of your name
你有Malcolm之称?
which is the letter “X”?
是 在奴隶时代
Yes, uh, during slavery time, the slave master
奴隶主称黑种人为黑奴
gave the Negro So-called Negro
沿于自己的名称
Named the so-called Negro after themselves.
敬爱的穆♥罕♥默♥德♥教导我们
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches us
当我们接受了伊♥斯♥兰♥教的知识后 对自我有认识
that once we come into the knowledge of Islam, the knowledge of ourselves
我们要以X代替奴隶姓名
we replace our slave name with an “X”
在数学上X代表未知数
“X” in mathematics representing the unknown.
因为我们在历史 文化和土地上
Since we’ve been disconnected, or cut off from our own history
被孤立了出来
our own past, our own culture, our own land
我们用X等于未知数 直到我们可以返回我们的国家
we use the “X,” the unknown, until we get back to our country.
原来如此 谢谢 Payson医生
I see. Thank you. Uh, Dr. Payson?
X先生是个煽动者
Mr. X is a. He’s a demagogue.
他没地方可去 所以他要夸大
He has no place to go, so he exaggerates.
这国家中的每个守法的
He’s a disservice to every good
去教堂的 好的黑种人的危险
law-abiding, church-going American Negro in the country.
Malcolm X先生
Mr. Malcolm X
你为何教黑种人
why do you teach black supremacy?
为什么 为什么你要教导憎恨
Why? Why do you teach hate?
因为白种人
Well, for the white man
要问黑种人
to ask the black man
为何他憎恨他
why he hates him
那就像狼问羊 强♥奸♥犯问被奸的人
is like the wolf asking the sheep, or the rapist asking the raped
“你憎恨我吗”
“Do you hate me?”
白种人没有道德地指责黑种人什么什么
The white man is in no moral position to accuse the black man of anything.
这是黑种人所问的
This is a black man asking the question.
你怎样叫一个受了教育 得了学士或博士学位的黑种人
What would you call an educated Negro with a B.A., an M.A., a B.S. or a Ph.D.?
他叫他黑鬼 那就是白种人所做的
You call him a nigger. That’s what the white man calls him.
你要明白这种想法
You have to understand this thinking.
明白这种人 一定要以历史方式去明白
To understand this type of man, you must understand that historically
有两类奴隶 家仆黑奴及田里的黑奴
there were two types of slaves: the house Negro and the field Negro.
在地下室或
The house Negro lived in the house
阁楼可以找到
next to his master, in the big house, in the basement or the attic.
他穿好的 吃好的
He dressed good, he ate good, what the master left him.
他爱他的主人
He loved his master.
他爱主人的程度甚至比主人自己还更爱
He loved his master better than the master loved himself.
若主人说我们有间好房♥子
If master said, “We got a nice house,”
他会说是的 我们有间好房♥子
you say, “Yeah, boss, we got a nice house.”
主人的屋失火了
Master’s house caught on fire, the house Negro
家仆黑奴会去救火
would put the blaze out.
如果主人病了 他会说 什么事 我们病了吗?
If the master got sick, he’d say, “What’s the matter, boss? We sick?”
这是家仆黑奴的想法
“We sick”! This is the thinking of the house Negro.
如果有另一个奴隶向他说
If another slave said to him:
我们走吧 我们逃脱这残酷的主人吧
“Let’s run away, let’s separate from this cruel master”
他会说为什么 我们在这里是最好的
he said, “Why? What’s better than what we got here?
我那里都不去 这是家仆黑奴
I’m not going anywhere.” This is the house Negro.
在那时 我们叫他做家仆黑奴
In those days, we called them house niggers.
以往叫他做黑鬼 因为我们这里仍有很多家仆黑奴
That’s what we call them today because we still got a lot of house niggers.
亲爱的传教士
Dear Holy Apostle
牧师认为Malcolm说得太多了
the ministers think Malcolm is getting too much press.
他们认为他是伊♥斯♥兰♥国的
They think he thinks he is the Nation of Islam.
他渴望领导国家
That he has aspirations to lead the Nation.
你一手制♥造♥出Malcolm的
It was you who made Malcolm the man he is.
你把他高举进黑暗中
You lifted him out of darkness.
你
You.
你去告诉兄弟们
You go and tell the brothers
牧师所做的
that what the Brother Minister
己经做的
is doing, has done
己经对国家作出伟大的贡献
has been of great benefit to the Nation.
你告诉他们 那是我说的
And you tell them that I say so.
牧师认为他只是为自己
The ministers think he is of great benefit to himself.
逐个逐个问
One at a time.
你是否说白种人是恶魔?
Did you say white people are devils?
对 我说白种人是恶魔的
I said they’re devils.
所有黑种人该武装吗?
Should all blacks be armed, sir?
你们一位有名的人说过
Well, one of your most famous men said:
向主祈祷 便逃过大难 如果那是你的想法
“Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.” That’s the way you think.
你认为你会成功吗
Do you think your cause will be successful?
我希望是
I sincerely hope so.
-你拥护暴♥力♥吗? -不
-Do you advocate violence? -No, sir.
在历史上有白种人帮过你们吗
Has a white man helped your people?
有白种人帮过黑种人吗?
Has there been a white man that’s helped my people?
-有 -我不明白这问题
-Correct. -I don’t understand the question.
你提倡反对白种人 反对基♥督♥科学
You preach anti-white, anti-Christian science.
你说你反对白种人?
You’re saying you’re anti-white?
-不是 是你说的 -所有白种人也是邪恶的吗?
-No, you’re saying it. -Are all white people devils?
我们要走了 赶着上机