You don’t know how crazy I am. – It’s okay.
我有麻烦 – 我会去面对的
I got troubles. – I’ll take everything at face value.
尽管说出来给我听啊 – 我提议做这个的 是吧?靠!
I’ll be a good listener. – I started this, didn’t l? Didn’t l? Fuck.
不管是什么 告诉我吧 你可以的
Whatever it is, just say it. You’ll see.
要吻我么?
You wanna kiss me, Jim?
是的 要
Yes, I do.
说吧 吉姆
Say it, Jimmy.
我想她觉得…
I think she thinks…
她以为我骚扰了她
…that I may have molested her.
她脑袋里老是有这些糟糕的念头
She thinks terrible things that somehow got into her head…
觉得我真的
…that I may have done.
她最后那次告诉我说 那是…
She said that to me last time, when it was…
十年前了 她走出门 你不该摸我这里 我知道的
Ten years ago, she walked out the door. You touched me wrong. I know that.
诸如此类的疯话
Some crazy thought in her- In her head.
你真的这么摸过她么?
Did you ever touch her?
不知道
I don’t know.
吉姆 – 不知道 我真的不知道
Jimmy. – I don’t know. I really don’t.
但你竟然能说出这些!
But you can’t say.
我不知道那时做了什么 – 做了 你做了!
Well, I don’t know what I’ve done. – Yes, you do. You do.
就是不敢说出来 – 我不知道
But you won’t say. – I don’t know.
什么?拜托 别这样
What? What? Please. Please.
活该你该一个人去死!
You deserve to die alone for what you’ve done.
我真不知道做什么啊
I don’t know what I’ve done.
你知道的!
Yes, you do.
露丝 我说知道的话 你能别走吗?
Rose, if I said that I knew, would you stay?
不 – 但我真的不知道做什么啊!
No. – But I don’t know what I’ve done.
你肯定知道的!
You should know better.
好了 我们约会了 你下次还会想再和我见面吗?
Now that I’ve met you, would you object to never seeing me again?
什么?- 说不想啊
What? – Just say no.
我怎么会不想 等等 克劳迪娅 – 只需要说不
I won’t say no. Wait, Claudia. – Just say no.
克劳迪娅 这是什么?- 让我走吧 吉姆
Claudia, what is it? – Just let me go, Jimmy.
这是什么?不要 – 没事的 让我走吧
What is it? Please, please. – Please. It’s okay. Just let me go.
为什么不打电♥话♥?
Why didn’t you call?
我恨死你了
I fucking hate you.
去死吧 畜生
God damn you, fucking asshole.
哦! 你这个畜生
Oh, God, you fucking asshole.
别这么走了 畜生 畜生
on’t go away, you fucking asshole.
天哪 别死啊 你这个畜生
Oh, God, don’t go away, you fucking asshole.
我这是怎么了?
What am I doing?
我做了什么啊?我他妈的这是怎么了?
What the fuck am I doing? What the fuck am I doing?
男子是空虚的 看看他们的秃斑 并说:
Men who are vain look at their bald spot and say:
你知道 我不需要什么 我看重我自己的方式
You know, I don’t need anything. I look great the way I am.
是的 女士们 如果你希望你的丈夫或男友
Yes. Ladies, if you want your husband or boyfriend to-
哦 操
Oh, fuck.
嗯?
What?
干什么呢 蠢货?
What are you doing, dummy?
哦 伙计
Oh, brother.
天上在下青蛙!
Oh, there are frogs falling from the sky.
大家都知道 你不是要去花135美元
You all know you’re not gonna spend $135 for it.
事实上 你的一生在这里度过 在这个特殊的电视推广
In fact, all you spend here during this special TV promotion…
只需要39美元
…is just $39-
快! 快点!
Come on. Come on.
克劳迪娅 是妈妈啊! 快开门 亲爱的!
Claudia, it’s Mom! Open the door, honey!
克劳迪娅 你在吗?
Claudia! Claudia, are you there?
妈! 妈!妈! 妈妈!
Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy!
哦 亲爱的 没事 没事了
Oh, honey. All right. It’s all right.
没事了 会好起来的
It’s okay. It’s gonna be all right.
但是它的确发生了
无奇不有
This happens.
任何事情都有可能发生
This is something that happens.
那么现在
再回到被绞死的那三位囚犯
And there is the account of the hanging of three men…
和那个业余潜水员
…and a scuba diver…
还有那场自杀
…and a suicide.
无数这样的故事 充满巧合和偶然
There are stories of coincidence and chance…
各种交叉和离奇
…and intersections, and strange things told…
如此这般的故事 谁人又可预料得到?
…and which is which, and who only knows?
而通常我们会说
And we generally say:
那种事也就电影里才有 我才不信呢
Well, if that was in a movie, l wouldn’t believe it.
某某如何如何 遇见了某某 诸如此类的故事
Someone’s so- and- so met someone else’s so- and- so, and so on.
以敝人之见
And it is in the humble opinion of this narrator…
这样的奇闻轶事其实每天都在发生
…that strange things happen all the time.
日子就是过去 一天天过去
And so it goes, and so it goes.
书上说:
And the book says:
虽然时过境迁
We may be through with the past…
但我们不会改变
…but the past ain’t through with us.
不好意思 杰克
I’m sorry, Jack.
是医院打来的 琳达的事情
It’s the hospital calling about Linda.
谁?- 她现在在医院
Who? – Linda. She’s in the hospital…
我觉得既然你在 还是你跟他们谈比较合适
…and I figured you should probably talk to them since you’re here.
喂?
Hello?
嗯 那个
Uh- huh. And what-
好的 好
Okay. Okay.
嗯
Uh….
她还好吗?
ls she gonna be all right?
哪里 ?
Where…?
能看到么 琳达?很好
You with us, Linda? Good.
你是 琳达 对吗?
It is Linda, isn’t it?
放轻松 好
Just relax. That’s it.
会好起来的
You’ll get through this.
爸
Dad.
爸
Dad.
爸 你需要对我好一点
Dad, you need to be nicer to me.
睡觉去吧
Go to bed.
你今后必须对我好一点 爸
You have to be nicer to me, Dad.
睡觉去吧
Go to bed.
我知道自己做了件蠢事
I know I did a stupid thing.
太愚蠢了
So stupid.
戴牙箍
Getting braces.
我以为
I thought….
我以为这样他就会爱上我
I thought he would love me.
戴 牙箍
Getting braces.
图什么啊?
For what?
为了些我根本…
For something I don’t even….
我根本连戴到哪颗牙都不知道啊
I don’t know where to put things, you know?
我太想爱上一个人了
I really do have love to give.
只是不知道该爱谁
I just don’t know where to put it.
大多数人以为我仅仅是在完成工作
A lot of people think this is just a job that you go to.
一顿饭时间 好吧 就完成了
Take a lunch hour. Job’s over.
诸如此类的东西
Something like that.
但我把它当成我的人生
But it’s a 24- hour deal.
没有退路
No two ways about it.
而大家都想象不到的是
And what most people don’t see…
认认真真做对一件事需要多大的努力
…is just how hard it is to do the right thing.
大家以为 我下个处罚
People think if I make a judgment call…
下个判决就完事儿了 不仅仅是这样的
…that that’s a judgment on them, but that is not what I do.
事情不应该就这么着的
And that’s not what should be done.
我必须负担起一切
I have to take everything…
负责一切的正常运转
…and play as it lays.
有的人需要恩惠
Sometimes people need a little help.
我认识个家伙 很擅长做牙齿矫正手术的
I supposed to be real good at corrective oral surgery.
有的人需要宽恕
Sometimes people need to be forgiven.
有的人需要惩罚
And sometimes they need to go to jail.
给这人打电♥话♥吧 行吗?
Call me about that guy with the teeth, okay?
在我看来 这正是最需深思熟虑的一件事
And that is a very tricky thing on my part…
下判决
…making that call.
我是说 法律是无情的
I mean, the law is the law…
我当然不能违背法律
…and heck if I’m gonna break it.
但你依然能巧妙地饶恕别人
You can forgive someone.
嗯 这就是最难之处
Well, that’s the tough part.
如何宽恕他?
What can we forgive?
乃是工作中最难之处